Event / Concert AKB48 in New York for Japan Day 2015

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by memorybreak, Apr 10, 2015.

1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I'm glad for the fans living in the States. Even if it's only a small group of members, it might be the only chance most of the fans will ever have to see them (especially Kojiharu, that might graduate pretty soon)

2. RoseInProse

RoseInProse Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Thank goodness at least some members are coming to New York! I am determined to make the most of that day, even if AKB48 gets only 20 minutes. :D

3. YuNGPiGgy

YuNGPiGgy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    OMG Can't wait to go!
    I went to last year's Japan Day and participated in the Koi Suru Fortune Cookie filming

4. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

How early does one has to go to watch the last act? Do you have to stay there all day? Very crowded?

5. lolipopo

lolipopo Kenkyuusei

They should've add Riona to the list.

6. GeoFreak

GeoFreak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayashimomoka
    Twitter:
    GeoFreak17
    Oh snap! I was already considering going to New York that weekend, so this just boosted that chance considerably. When I saw this thread title, I thought Yui might come like she went to Jakarta. But alas, no, probably because this isn't a full concert. But at least Saho, Tomu, and Ryoka will be there! :cute:

7. lilypie

lilypie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I wanna go so badly but...need a place to stay ;_;~ MIKACHAN~~~

8. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

I'm mostly going for AKB also. Judging by the schedule it seems like AKB is in Act 3 starts at 2:45, so I assume we can get there during the intermission between ACT 2 and Act 3. Otherwise you have to go during Act 1 which starts at 10:30... Can anyone whos previously been to Japan Day confirm this?

9. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    boring list lol.

10. jimmyonishi

jimmyonishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    Kojiharu fans rejoice. Naturally they should perform Heart Gata Virus.

11. GeoFreak

GeoFreak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayashimomoka
    Twitter:
    GeoFreak17
    I've never been to Japan Day specifically, but judging by how early I've seen fans line up at other free concerts (San Francisco J-Pop Summit, anime conventions, etc.), I'd be prepared to line up at the beginning of the whole event if you want a really good spot. If they do another event at a different booth before the performance though, then all the fans will go to the event and then rush over to the stage afterwards. [hehe]

I'll probably get there in the morning and check out how the crowd is. If it's still okay, I'll go check out the other Japan Day booths, but if the crowd starts building up, I'll just jump in and wait.

12. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Maybe. But for others it's like goddesses winging down from Olympus to visit the mortals.

Bogart thinks it would be better to spend a thousand to fly over to Tokyo, but hey, why the girls only spend 20 minutes onstage when they could have a meet-and-greet for the rest of the day? And in fabulous New York? Long-distance travel perks like these rarely come to these girls, especially those who aren't senbatsu.

13. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

I really hope they announce something more but looking at the list, seems this might just be a short one. I'm sure the other girls are lovely but they only bringing one Senbatsu member and one that prob graduating soon. Prob last chance for many to Kojiharu though so that's incentive enough for many.

14. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

AKB isn't just about the senbatsu members. Personally, I love the line-up since both Hirari and Rena are fluent in English which is probably going to make any interaction with fans much easier, Saho is a delight and Tomu is one of the rising members in the franchise, and election-wise, she's 12th in AKB proper. (I'm not really following Ryoka but I'm sure she's lovely too.) Not too shabby considering that Japan Day is not exactly a huge deal for them.

15. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Ofcourse it isn't just about the Senbatsu members but if this was a big deal to them. they would prob bring out the big guns ie. Senbatsu members. Unless we hear anything else, doesn't seem their will be much fan interaction. Don't think they selling albums there so prob no handshake event. Still early so maybe more will be announced.

16. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Well this event is mainly for locals. If you are in the area its worth going. Otherwise I wouldn't fly or travel very far for this. Hell I live in New York but I've never bother going to Japan day.

17. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Ahhhh... I want to go... My sister lives in New York, so it's actually feasible... but I can't do it on such short notice. Two months ahead and I could plan it, but one month is not enough time to get the time off from work. :(

18. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I live in New York and I swear up until now I never heard of Japan day. I think I will go for Ryoka.

I was hoping for NYC48 but I am guessing thats a no no. Still it will be super exciting to see them here.

19. YuNGPiGgy

YuNGPiGgy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    It's like a stage that people stop by and go...
    from last year's experience...
    it was kind of crowded...
    but not because they are AKB fans but because it was the last show

20. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Were there seats last year?