Single AKB48 40th [Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai] (2015/05/20)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^I agree. I think having Mako and Naanya center their own songs is much more effective and motivating to them instead of being in the last row of a 16 media senbatsu. I mean I could be wrong but that's what I think.

2. rabyo

rabyo Kenkyuusei

MV Akb of this year management pushing new gen kami members. I get it AKB need new gen but I feel sad about old generation members in top rank have 2 second screentime. I thought management put list old members is gold ticket Handshake and vote only for make money for AKS.
    And one more thing you said the old members have pushed in A-side too but new gen members have pushed B side too in the past. For now AKS pushed new gen in A-side and B-side.

3. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Haha Taka's so tiny why would she try to go for that attack of course it'd backfire silly Souchan :rolleyes:

4. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I'm calling it now, the management choice kami 7 will be Paruru, Yuria, Renacchi, Mako (AKB) Jurina (SKE), Mirurun (NMB), and Sakura (HKT).

I'm really feeling this MV, it's amazing. I'll start with the Cons first but make it short so y'all don't eat me alive lol.
    Considering It's Ikoma and Kawaei's last single with AKB they could have gotten more screen time. Takamina and (probably) Rena and Kojiharu are on their way out as well so they should have gotten a little bit more too. Considering Yuihan is the next general manager she should have also gotten a little more shots. The pink outfits look out of place but they remind me of EXILE's style of MV's where they wear something that doesn't fit with the scenery lol. Many members were placed in odd positions according to their general rank in the group but I understand that management need to push the new gen so it's all good. I guess I'm not too angry about it because my Oshi Sayanee got a decent amount of screen time, my other oshi Paruru is the center, and my final one Ricchan got a good graduation song, so I don't really have the right to complain (sorry rena x yukirin x mayu fans lol). Also, the covers aren't amazing but tbh I don't really look at the covers unless they're on my phone/ipod.
    Alright, Pro's; Everything else? :awesome: This is in my top 5 favorite AKB A-sides now, it's such an amazing song. I loved their acting too, Renacchi, Takamina and Sakura's cries were very well done! Paruru's acting at the end was touching! Paruru literally slays in this single as the center, and the girls all look stunning. Jurina, Sakura, Renacchi and Yuria did a great job up at front so I've got no complaints on them. The song is great, the PV is great, I couldn't really ask for a better single for Paruru to center and to send off Ricchan. :blush:

B-sides:
    Selection 16 - It's not what I was expecting but it's a good song! I would have liked for it to have sounded more like an A-side but alas... I feel like Milky should be in Senbatsu and Mion would have been better off here lol. The songs listenable tho.
    TenChu - I love the music video!! The song is great but it's missing something.. tbh I love Tenchu! so I've got no complaints.
    DenChu - It's a really cute song! The mv is not great at all and I can't stand the outfits (Idc they're horrid) but the song is pretty awesome! I could rock to that this summer no problem! Naanya center was expected but I'm glad they all got decent screen time.
    Ricchan Grad Song - Really sad but fitting for her departure. Loved that they added Juri to the lineup. The photo's were a great touch too.
    Wonda - Hilarious, I love it haha it's so fun! Paruru's voice sounded great but MAYUYU!! HELL DAMN! Where did that voice come from?! What happened to the Robot Mayu voice at the end of Team B Oshi?!!?! [hehe] She slayed that song to pieces, very well done! I hope she sings like that more often.

Ranking:
    Song: Senbatsu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TenChu >>>> DenChu >> Wonda >>>>> Ricchan Grad song >>> Selection 16
    Pv: Wonda >>>>>>> Senbatsu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ricchan Grad Song > Ten Chu >> Selection 16 >>>>> DenChu

5. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Except that the members have said in numerous occasions that they'd rather be in senbatsu even if it's in the very back row than centering UG. UG gets no screentime on TV and the general public doesn't care about those songs at all anyway. EDIT: Mako and Naanya in particular haven't said anything about this IIRC, but I do remember Umeda Ayaka, Takajo Aki and Kitahara Rie saying stuff similar to this in the past.

I understand, I'm a very die hard old gen fan and I honestly can't keep up with the new gen, but this measures are necessary if AKB is to survive a few more years. If they don't push new gen members now, nobody will know them or care about them, and when the old gens graduate the interest in the group will plummet. The reason why AKB has survived so many graduations of very important members without significant hits to its popularity is that they've been smart about replacing them with new gen girls and pushing them a lot to fill the void. Look at what happened to Morning Musume once the Golden Era members graduated. Nobody in the general public cared much for 5th or 6th gen members of the group and their popularity declined a lot because of it. They kept their core wota fanbase, but only now, after revamping the members and the music style they are becoming known to the general public again. AKB can't afford this because so many girls are part of the group, if they sink, they sink for good.

6. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^The best explanation anyone can give for that topic. :worthy:
    Real talk though, Morning Musume is a KEY example of how you shouldn't rely on the most popular members to get the group popular because once they all start dropping like flies and the new generation hasn't developed into star's yet, it will be too late. By the time Morning Musume's 5th and 6th generation members were at their peak, they were actually the best era (Search; Platinum Era Morning Musume) of Morning Musume in terms of performance ability, being able to sing and dance while holding their lines well. If AKB want to keep themselves alive they need to start pushing the new kids now, not when all the older members leave.

7. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I just think it's a great opportunity to get your own center song. I mean you get a song for Request Hour, you get your own PV, your own lyrics, most importantly, it's 'their' song. Senbatsu is great and all but if you are not regular senbatsu, then I think every opportunity should be welcome and from what I watch and read Mako and Naanya are very thankful for getting so many chances.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  8. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Err ---- the covers are very blah.... I agree they should have used the promo image for the theater edition. And the bird costume definitely does not fit. I feel bad for Rena only getting 1 second of screen time - and I think they should have replaced Ikoma with Kojmako. I get why Ikoma didnt get any screen time - and they probably filmed it before the kennin decision was made - but still.... atleast give the media spot to someone who will use it. I wish Kojiharu got more screen time too - though she does look beautiful as an angel. :D

9. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    From the YT official channel

if the video does not show watch the video here
    What an official "trailer"?... it was necessary before to do something like this?

10. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

Looks like they're awfully proud of this music video, holding press conferences, publishing trailers, using screen caps as CD cover. It's a great video, but it's not that great.:^^;:

11. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

Sorry for the "slightly out of topic" post.

I was just doing a "walk down the memory lane" of AKB Pvs and while watching "Everyday, Katyusha" (the election single for 2011) I noticed something that I never did before (even after watching it dozens of times before:^^;:).
    That single has several references to many of the most important singles in AKB history. The references that I could find are:
    - Iiwake Maybe;
    - Ponytail To Shushu;
    - Sakura No Hanabiratachi (2008);
    - Namida Surprise!;
    - Yuuhi Wo Miteiru Ka;
    - Oogoe Diamond;
    - Heavy Rotation;
    - 10nen Zakura;
    - Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou;
    - Sakura No Ki Ni Narou.

Very interesting thing to find out. Also, by seeing the PV again we can relate it with the events that were unfolding inside the group at the time:shifty:. I always love how so many of the group's PVs have such a interesting message within them:approve:.

12. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I wonder though, will there ever be an official explanation/statement about the covers? They have never been this lazy for a cover before.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
  13. うぃむ33

うぃむ33 Kenkyuusei

This is really true imo. I know it's hard for people who love the older gen members, but its so true. AKB, or 48g in general, knows that they must push younger members, because once all the older's graduate the younger members needed to already have fans or at least some recognition among people in order for the group to not fail as bad as Momusu did after their main gens graduated a while ago. I know it will be hard, and even for me as a Jurina oshi it will happen some time down the line (unless she graduates in the next 3-4 years). But like everything else, life goes on and the younger members are what will carry the flame. It sucks sometimes, but I'm a true believer of doing what is best for the group first, not the individual members. If ever comes a time that my oshi needs to take a back seat to younger members, I will be somewhat sad, but I can understand that the group needs to support those that will be there for longer.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
  14. Reita

Reita Kenkyuusei

I like how they made it such a big scale for the 40th Single but I guess they ran out of money for the Covers of the single itself :lol:
    They should've made it like these:
    Type D.jpg Type A.jpg Type B.jpg Type C.jpg

15. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    nah, maybe Renacchi and Yuria need to be pushed but come on. if we're talking about the new gen. then the line-up should obviously be, Paruru, Yui, Mayuyu, Sayanee, Sakura, Jurina and Milky or some other. AKS management doesn't have a consistency when it comes to pushes right now. and this will be a problem. they need to established the new gen top members but pushing down the others and pushing up members like Yuria and Renacchi out of the blue when their is still top members like Yui, Mayuyu and Sayanee who's pushes should be consistent with the other new gen top members namely Paruru, Sakura and Jurina. besides, looks like NMB is getting buried once again. Paruru, Renacchi, Yuria (AKB) Jurina (SKE) Sakura (HKT). where is the representative of NMB anyway?

and on Yui. I don't think Takamina will be respected as much as now. if she wasn't even part of the Kami-7. so, I think management should give Yui a major push than keeping her out of the spotlight all the time. the public wouldn't think a leader figure should be respected if the other members are outranking her every SSK. so, push Yui and be consistent with the pushes. their confusing the fans on who's really their poster girls. well, anyway. I hope Sayanee slash her way on this SSK to even the odds with the unfair treatment of NMB's aces and center compared to other sister group aces. Sayanee is really like Yuko. but still I'll vote for YuiParu. since Yui needs it more than Sayanee.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  16. うぃむ33

うぃむ33 Kenkyuusei

17. TakaOshiMina

TakaOshiMina Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
  18. agus sukarmaji

agus sukarmaji Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
  19. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Hey Ho, It looks awesome, why not flaunt it? ^^;

Could you explain how you saw the references to each song? I personally didn't see any reference so it's quite surprising to know that there was some references.

Whoa there. Mayuyu isn't new gen. She may be the same age as Paruru and Sayanee and she may be the current AKB center BUT she is an original generation AKB member who has been here since Aitakatta. She is no where near new gen. She's as "New" as Takamina lol. Also, NMB are doing just fine. Sayanee doesn't need the push anymore. It would be nice if she had some more but she doesn't need it. Milky however does need it, but her time will come again. I can bet you she will be in akb senbatsu by the end of this year. Personally, I think AKB has a good future with other NMB girls like Mirurun, Fuuchan, Nagisa, Shuu, Yuuka, Haru, Jo, Nattsu etc etc.

Anyway, here is my interpretation of the MV, it's quiet similar to the ones already posted a few pages back.
    I interpreted it this way, the girls are having a fashion show (the wings remind me of Victoria's Secret Angels Fashion Show), as the creative director for that show comes out to do his honors he gets shot by the feds who cause a riot and destroys the life that the girls were living. The girls in the fashion show seek refugee in a deserted earth land and try to get by. Poor Paruru see's a clock ticky thing and hears the feds helicopter noises which makes her wonder how life would be back then if they fought back, so she imagines them all fighting them.

During the fight she and the girls get absolutely battered and soon realize they can't win if they fight back, but they feel like they have no other option so they continue to get up and fight. Peace Pyoco Paruru is the light in Poor Paruru's heart that is trying to come out of the shell (the mindset of fighting fire with fire) that she put on herself, but Soldier Paruru stops that happening and continues to fight, killing the Peace Pyoco Paruru inside of her. She goes berserk and fights all of the feds without remorse.

As Soldier Paruru and the girls are fighting it cuts back to the scene with Poor Paruru holding the little kid she saved in the fashion show, just to remind viewers that all this fighting happening is just her imagination. She wan'ts to fight back because it's unfair, but she won't fight back in a way that is the same as the feds who used violence. Despite knowing this, Soldier Paruru and the girls continues to fight them. The girls' battle cries and Soldier Paruru repeatedly hitting that feds head (lol) signify their distress with the situation of having to hold back their true feelings of wanting to fight, because they know it won't get them anywhere.

Moral of the story, until they (AKB) find a way to fight back in a way that doesn't require them using the same hurtful techniques that the feds (haters) use, they won't fight.

But hey, that's just my theory. :arrow:

20. bustergol

bustergol Kenkyuusei

thats just excuses,
    if they really love akb they should let the young feel what their senior felt back in the old, so they will understand the true meaning of akb.