Iwata Karen (Karen) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. Nattan

Nattan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I wonder how far Karen was to rank

2. iWOTAkaren48

iWOTAkaren48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    iwatakaren_IFC
    I think the problem is the only one of fans, we have to introduce to everyone that there is a Karen is full of talent

3. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    I'm starting to like Karen...sad she didn't rank :(

4. Magickaito

Magickaito Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Its right but if you notice their girl onky become number...... after other sister group first,
    To expand their wings through other group become prority because they think AKB already popular but it bounce to them,
    Common people only know few member of AKB member not AKB itself, in the past moreover now the increasing member is to much,
    so no wonder its hardly recognize by people.
    Other sister group always have advantage to get their promotion by their own group and off course by AKB core.
    Poppularity can`t be transfered to other, the one that can be tranfered is the trust, but how can you trust that people if you don`t fully understand of them.

5. Sheiladesu

Sheiladesu Kenkyuusei

Also Karen doesn't have any/enough power voters. Maybe this is why we are always running short on votes.

I think with more exposer and push. More fans will be able to come to support her.

If only we could find out how many votes she really got

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  6. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    why she isn't rank?
    because vote become ridiculous this year..
    like someone said before, they need at least 15 000 votes to get ranked this year.. JUST to get ranked..
    and from Karen prelim result, she need a good solid 6000 votes more to be ranked!!..
    I think she worked hard enough (hell most of the girls do).. now it's time for the fan to worked hard..because at the end of the day..
    Sosenkyo isn't the battle of girls popularity, it's a battle of fandom efforts (and money)

7. dryntama

dryntama Kenkyuusei

This is her last year present from me...

Attached Files:

8. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

I don't want to make myself sounding like I'm sourgraping, but I've been wondering why some girls are favored more than others... Is it physical appeal and greater media exposure more than just innate talent? Does the "gravure factor" count?

9. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Queen Sashiko the 2nd stated her ideas about this problem pre-SSK. http://nori-metal.tumblr.com/post/120733196579/an-interview-with-sasshi-about-sousenkyo-2015
    Although some statements require an re-evaluation (Dasu :( ) i think that some points are really interesting.

10. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Yeah, funny... Until some sort of a twist of fate happens, Karen doesn't seem to be the kind of girl that a big-name magazine wants. Some of us genuinely like her talent, but most other fans think otherwise.

Hate thinking about what happened in Amina's final year in the franchise.

11. NanaHoshii

NanaHoshii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    habumizuho
    That's not very true for all the group. A lot of SKE girls ranked because fans want management to see that the group is supported because SKE is the less exposed group ev http://doctor48md.tumblr.com/post/121003571760/behind-the-great-leap-forward-of-ske48 beautiful article which explain why SKE have more girls that ranked). NMB management take care about promoting them, that's probably why they don't have that much members that rank (I guess this year Sayaka's tears made some fans vote for some NMB girl). HKT management also take very care about promoting them.
    The thing that AKB leak is Hako-Oshi (Hako-oshi (箱推し) refers to a fan who supports an entire group rather than a single oshimen from that group. ). Sister fans want to promote their favorite group and vote for a lot of girls while AKB fans only vote for their oshi (since they are from AKB anyway).
    Also, unfortunately, management don't really care for talented girl (if they did some pushed girl who are pushed would never be pushed and Karen would be pushed a lot)

12. Magickaito

Magickaito Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Thanks for your opinion,
    but starting from next year I don`t care about sousenkyou anymore, beside Karen all the other i look into will not in there anumore so its just watch the fate to decided it. Get ranked never show them is better than the rest and its already lack value compare to beginning sousenkyou period. Just to focus to give support till last time and to make her able to say "I`m happy" from her heart, that will valuable than bunch of money that only give temporary happiness without deciding their future (none can guarantee ranked one always better future both in 48G and in life).

[​IMG]
    Thats litlle happiness showed by her, its nothing comparable to her pain and hard work for more than 4 years (especially more for thinking for other than herself). She really grateful for just 2 week period eventhough when look something like that is make fans think other way. Thats the world never perfect just like the human, your hard work and pain not always paid in equivalen value.

13. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

After some thinking (and just as weary as she is), I think next year she can abstain from participating and has the right to do so, and I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

14. sweetygirl1994

sweetygirl1994 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    ^ actually she already declared that this year would be her last sousenkyo in a google+ post and I'm really glad about that.

15. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

I'll leave the event to anyone whose oshi gets ranked once or twice... The whole thing's not for me, partly because I don't have the money, and two, anyone else who got ranked either is very competitive (as if to drive the point that in Japan almost everyone is competitive), or have enough charisma to create a massive fanbase in which beauty, talent or both become irrelevant but with more.

*yawn*

16. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    good article,, just makes me imagine if Karen didn't refuse to transfer to SKE (daisokaku shuffle), maybe she get ranked this year.

17. Magickaito

Magickaito Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
  18. Magickaito

Magickaito Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Maybe so, but don`t forget what she said in DSK (with Suuchan) and if that things didn`t change the clock will move faster and the sand hour will be empty.

19. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

20. eriri

eriri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I like Karen a lot but it looked like she was rolling her eyes at some of the members getting called during SSK...did anyone else notice this or was it just me? The camera kept panning to where she was sitting lol