Single AKB48 41st [Halloween Night] 15/08/26

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 6, 2015.

1. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    The song began so catchy and I agree with Kuura, the first half sounded nice! I loved Sayanee and Sakura's part, mainly because of Sayanee's dominant voice:^O^:. Jurina's was stronger than Takamina's too. But as everyone said, too much english. The second "ready" and "happy happy halloween night" and the last "trick or treat" are unnecessary. This is definitely a flashmob-kind-of song with touches of halloween and different-sounding to make it sound new. An improvement to their effort in KNP for sure. The repetitive halloween spelling part definitely tells people to sing along. Let's see how this a-side will sell (not just in terms of sales). But I kind of want to hear how this song will sound if they just develop from the first half and change the second half, to make it less flashmob-like.

But, overall, it sounds catchy. :)

I hate the "trick or treat" ending. Ugh.

The song doesn't scream Sasshi though. More like, anyone could center it as well as she did.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  2. edwn

edwn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuisakiko
    I don't like the song, doesn't make me want to replay it even once. Maybe (just maybe) it'll grow on me later when the mv is out.

3. Hitokage

Hitokage Kenkyuusei

If slight enhancement in instrumentals / vocals can change ppl's opinion of kfc so much (with rhythm, tunes and tempo remained exactly the same) that it became such a huge hit, fine then. Though I doubt so for the huge majority.

4. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

It is only me at 46/48 are not more chalange E-girls?? If that worse fall continues...

5. rabyo

rabyo Kenkyuusei

Eh but I heard more cleary voice of Takamina than Jurina.
    or because I remember voice of Takamina.

6. Kuchi-Chan

Kuchi-Chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    Twitter:
    KokorinDesu
    Congrats AKB. It's perfectly normal to release a Halloween single in August.

7. TakaOshiMina

TakaOshiMina Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    ^
    ^
    in the Takamina/Jurina line,First half of the line i only hear Takamina ! 2nd half of the line i hear Jurina ......i'm sure of this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyways ! Regardless of the song ....i'm waiting for the MV i'm really curios on how the mv will turn out ...... They should make an interesting MV for this concept , there's many ideas you can come up with using halloween

Are there any infos about the mv yet ? I know that they done shooting it , but who's the producer ?

8. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I don't get why people said that seasonal song will do no good. halloween is pretty famous season in japan. imagine this song is being played during halloween each year. and I think this is what they are trying to do. sakura theme is also seasonal (around april where graduation took place) but japan also has so many legendary song about graduation. so why we don't give it a try? I am quite positive that this song will make it's own path.

after played it again, I like the middle part, where "ready?" took place. it is quite catchy and I am digging with the bacground vocal "halloween night", but still, the "ready?" and "happy halloween night" is quite awkward. I am not expert in dance but IMO during that part the dance is quite easy to be followed. the step is matched with the beat. and if I assume they want this song to be dance along song, I think this part is where they targeted

someone mentioned michael jackson's thriller? hear the growling man at the end of song? yes, halloween night definetely have that kind of vibe. music wise. it does have some of spooky vibe throughout the song.

the spelling part is the most awkward part. and I hate the mixing and mastering of this song. it is unbalanced in some parts. I hope yoshimasa could improve it before we get the final product

9. ABF48

ABF48 Member

If you asking for the quality song, nope they never. but if you talking about how the sells going on.. then 48g is the complete winner. But again, 48g and egirls are in the different genre, so i cant say much.

These days many artist choose to create an more modern song, following the mainstream, but its only Aki-p who have backed his mind and try to create such an retro type song like this, he's really have a guts.. and really out of the box. But again, if only this song has flashmob theme like the others two before (waiting for the MV) then i will says that Aki-p is not creative at all.

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu releasing halloween song too ? pfft.. sorry akb, but this time it will be Kyary pamyu2 win over from you. -,-

10. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Anybody else think Hone Hone Waltz when they first saw Paruru's outfit?[hehe]

11. teleportation

teleportation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    It started growing on me around the second listen. It reminds me a lot of Viva Hurricane. I'm not quite sure if it's Kami level though. To me, SSK singles should have a celebratory, festive atmosphere and this definitely has that. My tentative ranking is KFC/KNP > Hebirote >>> Halloween Night > Iiwake Maybe > Gingham Check >>> Furage. I'm a little worried that the Halloween theme is going to end up forcing it into a Namida Surprise-ish gimmick position though, which would be a shame for such a fun song.

Was I the only one who really liked the "H-A-L-L-O-W-E-E-N" part?? It was very silly and I get that some people don't like that but I really do. I almost got Kyary Pamyu Pamyu vibes from it. I was less enthusiastic about the "Ready? Ready??" part but I think that'll probably sound better in the studio version compared to a live performance.

It's really nice seeing Sasshi in the center again and it's even nicer seeing that people seem to like Kaotan in this! When I saw some folks kicking up a fuss about her getting into senbatsu, I got a little worried but it looks like she'll be fine. She was standing a little too far to the left during the first chorus though lol. I also really dig the hodgepodge-y costumes but I think Tomu got the best one.

12. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    No, I love the spelling part and the Ready parts lol~~ I agree that when the studio version comes out, it'll sound much better for both parts~

13. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I didn't mind the spelling part too much, except for the fact that it was a bit messy in the performance (probably because they were rushed for time). I even thought their "N's" sounded like"L's" at one point.

I'm also hoping the studio recording sounds better too. I liked this performance, but there's some room for improvement.

14. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I might be one of the few who liked the song right away. Sure it's a seasonal song and not as easily performable year round, and sure the coreography is too simple, and sure it's totally a Koichun 3.0, but the genre is great, the song is cute and catchy and the costumes are terrific OAO Not as Kami as it could have been, but a good song and I'm sure it's gonna be EVERYWHERE as soon as it's out. If anything, for the seasonal factor.

And the melody somehow reminded me of Namida Surprise but I guess it's the word Happy being thrown around everywhere, but it's not a bad thing.

It being released in august makes it easy to get a second air in october lol It's gonna be all the rage these two months, hopefully.

All in all, the new song is cute and fun and a better succesor to Koichun than KnP, that's for sure. I'm looking forward to the Undergirls number now uvu

Aki-P, your nostalgia is still showing.

15. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    I actually didn't mind the "H-A-L-L-O-W-E-E-N" part, it felt like a good build up line! The part which irked me was the "Are you ready? Happy Happy!", that seemed a bit out of place :p kinda weird that they're going with disco after a couple of singles with a more modern twist, but it'll definitely grow on you over time, a really catchy single :D

16. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    What kami song? Maybe you heard a different song.

17. Calani Yukimay

Calani Yukimay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Or just let it go

I can see the PV will be going another let's-dance-together concept, same context like KFC and KnP had. The only difference is the package which will make some people say "this is single is more original than bla bla bla"

18. iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    iamcrazymike
    After thinking about it some more I still would like to think there are not enough expletives in existence to describe how I feel about this song. I mean based on previous reactions, KFC gave me the impression of "oh this song is nice, maybe I should start listening to this group", but with this song I start to ask myself "why am I still here?". Like compared to the 40th single A side, this feel like a step backwards . . .

When I heard this part, in my head I instantly thought about shouting "NO!"

19. Pierxe

Pierxe Kenkyuusei

when is see sayanee in that costume performing that song i can feel so much potential being kept inside LOL..
    its like she doesnt belong there and shes only being used for sales
    sayanee deserves way2 more, idk why but i think she could have been in a kpop group xD.
    but iknow for sure the management is just holding it in cause if they were to release it then sayanee would prob win the ssk elections 3x in a row lol.

and thats the other thing i see here, they gave sasshi a bland not so kami song so IT CAN BE easily forgotten
    because if they were to give her the best kami song ever + her already big ass popularity she would prob be the most unbeatable member to ever join the ssk elections.
    and the management will prob do the most embarrassing thing known to man and do whatever they did to rena and kojiharu and ask her not to participate lol (but they cant do that because she wants to win the ssk elections x2 in a row)

because real kami songs like flying get and heavy rotation and now included in that list KfC are really iconic songs to the general public.
    [​IMG]
    also the GAP IS EFFING HUGE
    idk if you guys noticed it or not but our prayers have been answerd (kinda and i hope)
    the management is apparently trying to promote the mothergroup (thats what i see)
    because if the management just keeps boosting sasshis already obvious success
    then the AKB48 girls cant stand a chance unless they force her to graduate.

20. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I don't really know E-Girls but Nogi is literally on their prime now and the last few singles became a hit (Kitzuitara Kataomoi, Nandome no Aozora Ka?, Inochi wa Utsukushii) but i guess Summer is not a really good season for Nogi (Natsu no Free&Easy, Taiyou Knock)

I 100% agree with you. This is intentional. Plus, this senbatsu lineup with this position is literally the one Aki-p won't give a Kami song to. With Sakura the only new gen in senbatsu, Mayuyu at 3rd, Paruru at 9th, Sae at 8th, Rie at 11th, and Kaotan & Tomu in senbatsu. Aki-p definitely DON'T want to make a song with that senbatsu a Kami-Level memorable song that will be one if AKB's new era iconic song.

• Like Like x 1