Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

Teams are in a weird in-between state in reality as well. We've seen team performances in concert by the new teams but in the theater, they're still performing in the old line-up.

2. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Honestly, I do not feel the disappearance of the admin that serious as this has happened for so many times. The forum is still running and we are still throwing s*** at each other with so much free will I keep going back. Most of this grievances are getting no reply for most of this has been mentioned and have been denied at different occasions. It might have become a redundant subject the admin wish to take part no more.

The primary role of a website administrator is to keeping it running. A role Mr Waffle have been able to do for this passed years. The adding of features and all other matters are secondary and will need additional staffing. The problem seems to be the fact that none have been able to impressed Mr Waffle enough for him to entrust the website to them.

The fact that the forum is still running proves Mr Waffles commitment to it. Let us not forget that Mr Waffle and the staff have for years shoulder the expenses of the forum before that donation button exist. Let us not be full of ourselves just because this forum now accepts donation like all other. We still owe them so much.

Now, if someone thinks they are truly qualified as a forum staff then do hound Mr Waffle like HRP did and prove to him you are capable of something and do merit a reply.

I am quite unsure on how to end this post or how you interpret it but let me ask for forum members to be more patient and not lean on extreme measure that will once again divide the fandom and let us not forget what Mr Waffle have done for the fandom. He has done so much without most of us noticing it. There is no need to spite him.

I may sound a pro or something but do look for the facts yourselves. Its all floating around us.

Wohoo, just enjoy your time in the forum while its running and get mad when its not!:lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

Well...

I do like the sentiment behind your words, kimunlimited. And I do feel grateful towards the mods and admins of this place.

But there's two sides to every coin. What I read from this semi-private exchange is that this forum has always needed people to voice their concerns and possibly take over since MrWaffle, for whatever reason, has never been the type to be very hands-on. It's not that we aren't patient, it's that we are concerned. Much like HRP was back then.

'Facts' are indeed floating all around us. Pick and choose which ones you fancy.

4. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Indeed it is. If the members are still inclined to make a revolution of some sort in this forum, then as I say, present your resume to him and impress him with your skills. We have all heard all sorts of howling and not much digging. We will beg anyone for practical solutions, codes not advice. He have receive lots of those but the problems remain. He might reply if you do get his attention along with the technical know-how you might need to impart for the solution you propose.

5. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I want to express my disagreement to the post above, for few reasons. I feel like this post doesn't bring answers to the issue, but deal more about how people behave on it.

- It looks like a vicious circle, as people who don't get answer keep repeating themselves, and those who hold the answer get annoyed by coming her to hear the complaint and avoid the topic on purpose. I don't count mods answer, as the issue can only be dealt with Admin responsabilities. Stage48 is running, but is also stagnating, and the ostrich technique puts people on edge. "throw s***" is an overstatement, as i think people here have been relatively polite when expressing their concerns. To resolve this, it's simple. Restart the dialogue between the two parties. So we can finally move on.

- Being a mod or an admin, i firmly believe that it is something that has to be earned, and not asked. There's a part of truth saying no one until now have showed capability to handle the forum management. I feel the same. But this situation need to be fixed considering all factor. No Admin are active, and the two only mods are burn out and can't handle all the workload. This is urgent. To make things rushed is not an option of course, but at least Mr.Waffle should put a notice where he ask motivated people to give their submission. And the ball is still in Waffle camp, as he has absolution decision power on it. Since he is away from the forum, he can't possibly know who is fit for the task, so i suppose mods as well should give a hand and advice him.

- The statement which imply we are full of ourselves and ungrateful toward Mr.Waffle is irrelevant to me. This is precisely because i like this place that i express my concern on the leaderboard of the forum. The split between Stage48 and Ebi48 is something old, but i agree it makes sense to bring it back, as problems are the same : lack of visibility, and inadequate amount of mods compared to a still growing fandom (and HRP post date from 2012!). Man, it feels weird to have HRP expressing the same thoughts that we're having right now. The difference, however, is that HRP apply to be mods and Mr Waffle accepted, and both were active. In my opinion, the situation is worse, as Mr Waffle is not here and no one knows if it's a time to apply or not. Would they even get answers?

- Last but not least. I don't consider "you have no patience" as an excuse anymore. I have personally talked to HRP a few weeks before he disappeared (again) telling me he need to sort things up in his life (which i completely understand) and come back to implement the feature of xenforo that considerably enhance the forum experience ( we paid for it no?). What i do remember, is that i explictly told him "if you don't feel the motivation to continue, nobody will blame you for quitting, but at least don't do things half-assedly!" which he agreed. Not only he obviously AFK for good, but the fact that he hasn't explictly said he was gone abruptly stopped all perspective to push Stage48 forward. And we are stuck in a state that is getting quite irritating, if not sad. It's been what, one year and a half? Just to take 5 min to post on the internet? It's not a lack of time, but i lack of motivation. (which i repeat is not what we're blaming)

Probably there's 2 faction here ; those who don't see any problem with the current stage48, as they still post in their favourite members thread and continue to share their opinion on AKB group activities. Some section looks very autonome in their run like the Nogizaka46 thread, were regulars behave correctly and everything goes smoothly. But there's another half who is irritated by not being able to talk about a member of NGT48 because no section exist, or is exasperated that some troublemaker are still on the loose even after many report button. My point is, A forum needs to deal with EVERYONE's concern. Not one half and disregard the other. I am not satisfied with the current Stage, as i perfectly know it can be better. I wish for the best to this place i have put quite some time enjoying talking with other members. This is a thought that HRP shared long time ago. I also agree that creating another division would be another complete waste. I don't have the strength to start all over again somewhere else, as there's regular i like to talk with in some threads. It wouldn't feel the same.

To be grateful to Mr Waffle and not being satisfied of the current Stage48 are two absolute different things. We can't turn the blame to Stage48 users to be incompetent as mods or being spoiled child on a Forum which is running smoothly. Lack of mods Admin IS the problem. Lack of communication IS the problem.

NB : i remember joking with HRP about finally donating to the forum i spend the most time with when he finally puts the like button and some tweak of Xenforo. It was supposed to be a formality done in the following week. Now look where we are. I still haven't donated yet lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I think I have mentioned most of what I meant to say and I do expect a lot of reply and dissatisfaction with it as its a trait I've long known that made this one of the most active AKB forum. Everyone really doesn't get along and very few are willing to line up, which is a good thing, somehow, and at times I do enjoy it. We need Engineers who will need to work on it and not politicians that keeps demanding it.

Solution for every presented problem is what would be considered a good feedback. We should work more on that as we cannot keep all the work to the staff and the admin might become more engaging if we ever get to that point. God help this forum.

PS. I have no one in mind in the two post above. I'll quote you if its for you but I usually speak in general and don't get so worked up with my wordings its not all literal, just for added effect.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  7. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

Contrary to what you are saying, while we do indeed need someone who's capable of doing the technical stuff, it would also be very nice if ithebigc and Smilodon could be relieved by adding more "politicians".

Being grateful to mods and admins is one thing. Underhandedly calling those of us who voice concerns as verbose shit-stirrers is another.

8. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    We've had no luck in contacting him this week either. I would encourage you all to tweet at him asking him to check the Staff forum as soon as he can. I know you all can't see what @Smilodon and I have discussed in it, but he can.

@kimunlimited - I removed the private messages you quoted in your post, sorry. There's nothing content-wise that can't be shared really, but sharing private messages publicly is still bad form. I remember the last time I did it (even though it was to prove a point), I got chewed out by HoneyRoastedPeanuts for doing so lol.

Also, to be clear, we're not taking open applications for administrators or moderators. I alluded to wanting to appoint new moderators in my last post, but that's people Smilodon and I have decided we can trust to do well in that position after some discussion. That part, you don't have to worry about.

The qualifications are roughly the same as I posted before:
    • Experienced poster - should know how Stage48 is usually run
    • Ability to be level-headed and impartial
    • Knowledge of how the 48 Group really works in Japan. Having been to Japan is not a requirement, but a big plus
    • Same deal w/ Japanese, not required, but a plus
    • Able to guide discussion in an appropriate direction as needed
    • Be unified with the rest of the staff
    If you want to condense it though, it's basically people that have stood out via their writings on the forum or online somewhere to either one of us. It's someone we think will can be a good role model for others or know their stuff about the 48 Group so they can guide others. We're sticking with this format for the foreseeable future because it's how Smilodon and I were recruited and it works, rather than reading PMs on why people think they should be part of the staff.

The one thing we really would need for this forum going forward though, was what I posted last time.

If anyone thinks they fit this description (again, assuming we can make a position like that), please let me know either in this thread or PM me.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  9. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

10. araishikeiwai

araishikeiwai Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kimotokanon
    Twitter:
    araishikeiwai
    Hello, I've been absent from this forum and the fandom in general for quite a while due to busy life and sorting out a move. But if you need a hand in handling technical problem in the forum I'll gladly help.

11. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
    i wasn't the convincing python guy, but yeah, we were on that problem. :)
    php can be learned, it's not that hard. however with a forum behind you that this big, it's little different. you just can't go in and try something new and hope it won't break something else while you are learning.
    as for me, i wouldn't be comfortable with the responsibility that comes with it since i have no experience with stuff like this and i would't have the time to do it properly anyways...

well, i hope ithebigc-tachi will find the appropriate people. ></
    this forum is quite important for the foreign fandom even if some people don't like it for some reason. it brings the fans together and it would be sad if this ended up like ebi48 did.

12. aezea

aezea Stage48 Designer

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    aezea48
    Actually, the position @ithebigc has explained is kinda what I have now. I am able to enter the admin side of the forum and am able to fix the template and layout part only.
    I can help with adding the new features of Xenforo if MrWaffle can activate those functions for me. He did give me access to our Xenforo customer account, so I can join discussions and get resources from the community.
    But back when I was still making this layout in a different subdomain, I actually had some of those tools at admin side available to me, but when it was moved to the main site - I don't have them anymore.

13. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

This might have been mentioned before; I searched this thread but not the previous ones.

If a member prevents you from looking at their full profile, you can't ignore them (or follow them). Unless there's a second way I don't know about.

14. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    You can click on the username of a post and ignore or follow from there, you don't have to go to the full profile page to do so.

15. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Hmm, it's working again for me like that. Before I would get a Stage48 error telling me that UserX is preventing full profile views, and I couldn't access any ignore button. By that, I wouldn't even get the pop-up window, would go straight to the error. But it's all good now. Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  16. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

This might not be the right place to put this, but congratulations to Stage48.net for reaching 1 Million posts

17. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I noticed that the NMB KKS have been moved into their new groups and the draftees have been added! Does that mean that one of the admins came back or was that a job by the mods? Regardless, thanks! If it was one of the admins however, does that mean the situation has eased a little?

18. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

Since we are talking about this (again), I'm just going to add a few extra things. As a long time editor from Wiki48, I can say that the admins have been negligent for a huge period of time. So I think the big point here is that their "magnificent return" will not change how things are. What we actually need is a new group of admins.

Mr.Waffle was never really active, but he at least helped when possible. But I think it's clear he's not following 48G anymore and is focusing on different things on his life. HRP pretty much ignored all the messages I left (And other members that wanted to have accounts on the Wiki, for example, had the same issue), and, depending on him, the Wiki would be pretty much dead now, honestly.

The sad thing is that we have a great group of editors willing to improve the Wiki, but we are very limited, since we can't, for example, install plug-ins or have a decent group of admins (that could create new accounts, delete pages etc.). This still relies on the Stage48 admins. With time I'm seeing more and more great editors leave, and I think a major factor in this is how the forum - and the Wiki in particular - is treated by the Staff.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  19. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

It's pretty simple... Either the Admins hand over the keys to someone or someone will have to take it from them. The Staff issue is meh. You can change the Staff or add more Staff members... It will not matter.

Like I said before, the buck stops at Waffle, now. Stage will live and died under HRP and Waffle's watch. IMHO, they both dont give two sh*ts about this place, anymore. @MrWaffle, Prove me wrong? :awesome:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  20. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

It's a possibility, of course, but in practical terms this will demand a lot of teamwork. All the pages would have to be exported (This isn't that hard, since MediaWiki has a "Export" function), and also all the files and templates, which would demand much more work. Also, all the plug ins would have be installed again. Besides the money involved and the need of people that know at least something about XML and MediaWiki. If we have all of that, I don't really see the problem about doing it.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015