Single AKB48 41st [Halloween Night] 15/08/26

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Only watched the Next Girls video because it's the first centre MV for my oshi. I have to say I really dislike it.

Cheap, tacky fanservice and the opposite of hot to me. Also really disliked the song. And yes @flutterbyu I agree but I doubt it's just gross old men. Lot of girls seem to be into this kind of stuff as well.

PV :1/10
    Song : 1/10
    Dance : LOL

2. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

Ippome Ondo is my absolute favorite from the single ♥

Next Girls's song is my second fave but wow the full video

3. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    The Next girls' PV as what I expected, has Ambulance vibe.. But the Yuri scene was more eww
    The artistic feels of the PV is broken by those scene :gavel:

4. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    The alternate title for the song was "Teenage Girl Orgy in Swimming Pool! Barely legal! XXX", but they felt it was a little too on the nose

• Like Like x 2
  5. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I hope next year's NG will be more virgin and sweet for pv-wise.. :^^;:

6. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Out of the B-side PVs, I have to admit I like the Undergirls and Future Girls PVs the best, especially the story-like aspect of the FG PV. I'm feeling indifferent towards Ippome Ondo and Yankee Machine Gun. (Nothing beats Majisuka Rock n' Roll, in my opinion.)

Also put me in the "dislike" camp for the Next Girls PV. I still liked the dancing in the water during the first chorus, but even without the sexual overtones, it was just a messy PV in general with the horrible camera shots and editing. I even liked the preview better, which is surprising.

Edit: The Upcoming Girls PV was okay too. I liked the song a bit better this time, but I'm still indifferent towards the PV. Although I'm intrigued by the bus driver at the end as well...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

No, there's probably some other repressed and uptight people out there.

Yeah, lets just take a look at the actual evidence then, the age range 18 17 19 19 17 18 20 17 21 18 19 17 21 20 18 18. So 3 girls who are barely "underage", of course the concept of underage is different in Japan than it is in other areas of the world anyway.

Something wrong with girls making out with girls? That's kind of homophobic ya know.

And to finish off you throw out some lazy stereotyping.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chuu

Chuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Pool orgy song was lol. (I will download it who I am kidding) The electro sound in the beginning is just like in Ambulance tho.

The MV is messy in general, it looks cheap (wtf with those chairs), they had some sexy girls in that song but no one served that feeling, except Reinyan. Girls making out the only thing that didn't bother me tbh

and other songs are so boring, I already forgot about them lol except MG song, better than 1 2 and 4th season's song

9. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

Next Girls MV was way bloody too much!! independent of being cuturally accepeted in Japan or not, but make kids kissing for nothing is wrong! it probably incentives pedophiles in a way. Anyway, they do because there is a market for that.

Sayonara Surfboard = hajimete no drive = Summer Side --> i love these type of song, they all have a simple MV too =D and Haruppi (even her being a bit indifferent for me)

10. trxsh

trxsh Member

Not liking the video is fine obviously but I think the exploitation and pedophilia (what) bit is going kinda overboard lol. Maybe it's just me but I've always been under the impression since I saw Ponytail to Shushu that fanservice-y stuff is just one of the things that AKB does sometimes so it doesn't make me as outraged lol. It's not for everyone tho.
    I liked it a lot better when it was just the preview, you know, before the underwater plastic lawn chairs showed up, Jesus. The close-up shots were super pretty (pretty girls!) but they kinda overdid it, it got 'meh'.
    Yankee machine gun and Ippome no Ondo are ok, but I basically think the b-sides aren't that great lol

11. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

True! They always had more sexual MVs, and most of the time i see it in a fun way (like heavy rotation). but i felt awkward about this one. anyway, maybe it's because i really dont like the song =P

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

[PV] AKB48 - Kimi Dake ga Akimeiteita (君だけが秋めいていた) (Upcoming Girls) <3

13. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    ng pv hmm. I had waited until full pv to see it. Honestly I agree it's kinda awkward, not super sexy buttt lol I dunno

14. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I didn't even realize that they had started selling the single digitally.

Anyways, for Recochoku:

HN ringtone was #3 for last week. For full singles it's been #2 since release until today (#4)

15. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    People are being way overdramtic about the NG PV. There have been so many songs that were even more suggestive. Dear My Teacher comes to mind, first off... Utsukushiku Mono from A6 has some aggressive sex references...KKEcstasy's has some vaginal-undertones especially during the "kuchizukete" line.

Point is: they've done worse. And to think Dear My Teacher was one of their first songs!

Other point is: it doesn't matter. No one is forcing you to watch it or like it.

People are being uptight. Aaaaaand salty because their oshi didn't get a perfect song tailored to them.

16. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    @MocchiMooch, I believe that people are actually talking about the PV and not the song itself.

Damn people that like yuri, they're just so nasty.

17. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    "incentives pedophiles"

Just... what. Every girl in that PV is one or more years beyond the legal age in the vast majority of the world, and everywhere in Japan itself (the main audience for all these songs). It's sexy, yes, or attempts to be, but it's just normal sexiness. It's basically Ambulance 2.0. Probably would have been better without the water though...

Still haven't watched it properly, will after I watch the latest Team A stages ... and sleep... and... well, soon.

18. jcwc

jcwc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    i didnt like the NG pv too much, although it did shock and surprise me. if the director was going for a uri mv, shd hv done it more similar to ske48's kataomoi finally. and yeah i was trying to figure out who's who. those white nets didnt help either :S

19. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    It's in the same vein as Ambulance, for sure... but not quite as fetishy, since they're not in nurse outfits haha.

It's a little more figurative and sensual. I like it. I thought it was fun

20. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    The girls in the UCG PV were attending a bus tour called "Heartbreak Tour", which included going to the place with the heart locks (and cutting off their own with the pliers), burning their relationship mementos at the "Goodbye Place" and then tying some kind of scarf to a rope to commemorate their trip. One thing that confuses me, though, is the man in the end - judging by the girls' reactions, either they're complimenting his looks/amazed by the relationship between the tour guide and the driver/he's the one who broke all of their hearts? The girls seem to shouting something along the lines of "Yabai!", but the meaning of that exclamation in this situation eludes me. :^^;: