1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Gekijourei Kara no Jotaijo (2015/10/16 - 2016/12/04)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Nagatsuki Nura

Nagatsuki Nura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Ive actually translated it at the beginning bt im nt sure if i'll go all the way

2. skydrive27

skydrive27 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Episode 3 preview

if the video does not show watch the video here

3. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Forewarning: I'm a filmmaker, sometimes I do casting, so I'mma be a little more critical of the entire piece in my reviews, which includes their acting ability.

Naachan - ep 2
    The plot & story itself is very interesting & well thought out. It has great pacing & generally isn't brought down by dumb dumb dumb horror tropes [except for maybe the hiding thing at the end LOL.] To be quite honest, this wasn't very scary & it's EASY to scare me. The cellphone jumpscares were well done, but the Paranormal Activity effects & ending weren't that scary; horrifying, sure, but nothing to get my heart pumping. On the flip side, Naachan's acting is MUCH of what I'd ideally want to see in my actors-- her performances as Kanon felt natural & "of that character." There wasn't a scene where she looked like she was acting. I love the considerable restraint at the end when the ghost comes for her-- in the hands of another director, another actress perhaps that's where you put in the big scream, but, whether through the actor, editor, or director's decision to not scream made that ending more effective. Her fright look is pretty good. However, this role was written for Naachan, feels like. I can't see her playing a character with "more" personality, or someone who is funny.

Naachan, much like, what, Juri? Naanya? Some other pushed members like Mako, etc-- their oshis put in so much work subbing these little moments. So THANK YOU @Nagatsuki Nura for subbing this :3 EVERYONE ELSE, subbing like this is usually a one time thing from fans to their oshis, so PLEASE do not press the "hey when is/can you sub this" etc!!!

To be honest, I'm NOT looking forward to Annain's ep next week...I saw Ao Oni. That film is a snoozefest. It wasn't good, wasn't great, wasn't hilariously bad, it was just uninteresting, felt way too long, and incredibly boring [for me]. Annain was one of the worst actors in Ao Oni too. I do not believe horror is for her, even if she has the look. BUT. We'll see how it goes next week.

Remember to SPOILER your reviews until at least the next ep comes out, please!!

4. Chiizujin

Chiizujin Kenkyuusei

Chiizujin of kurobuta subs here.

I did about 90% of episode 1 the other night in a fit of enthusiasm before I got tired and ran out of steam. I was waiting to see if anyone else did it before I committed to finishing it. I could probably finish it this weekend, though the enthusiasm lessens as I get to the trickier lines.

Regarding who the narrator is, he introduces himself in the first episode but as the character he plays in the movie. The actor is Koichi Mantaro and he introduces himself as Nishikino Gota, the stage director in the movie.

5. Nagatsuki Nura

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I was like that too after watching Naachan's episode. I just went "I'm subbing this... RIGHT NOW!" although I was supposed to be studying :awesome: But it turns out subbing a drama is much quicker, especially when there isn't much dialogues. That's why I almost finished within one night (2-3 hours maybe?)

I was frustrated when I was like "WHO ON EARTH IS NISHIKINO GOTA" and repeatedly searched his name to no avail. Looks like I gotta widen my searching skills. Thanks so much for informing :worthy:

6. Nagatsuki Nura

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    tumblr_inline_nwimyzVogf1r65fju_1280.png
    And this was my personal joke when I was subbing the episode :^O^:

7. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    just watched Yui/Naachan ep.. compared with Adrenalin no yoru this drama is not scary at all

although this is Gekijourei spin-off but i don't see this drama have a connection with Gekijourei main movie.

8. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    this drama has no real connection. and i agree, episode 2 wasn't really scary at all (the dude was, but only when he first appeared). i thought episode 1 was quite scary though.

9. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    oh yea episode 1 made me want to have a panic attack after watching the end to that 1

10. Chiizujin

Chiizujin Kenkyuusei

11. Nagatsuki Nura

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
  12. Chiizujin

Chiizujin Kenkyuusei

Likewise, thanks for your episode 2 subs. I just got round to watching it and was able to watch it with my brain turned off. :D
    I was impressed with Naachan's acting. I watched Joshikou Keisatsu recently. She's come a long way since then.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  13. Nagatsuki Nura

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    [​IMG] Likewise, brother/sister. JK was more of a comedy thing so it's great to see how she can play different roles excellently

14. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

The thing is in Joshikou Keisatsu she is probably the best actress in that. Also I don't know what she can do better in that series acting wise since she was probably limited by the script quality, directing, and the acting skills of the other girls. Of course the current Naachan can probably do better if she were to redo the acting in Joshikou Keisatsu, but I have a feeling that it wouldn't be much better because of those limitations.

15. Nagatsuki Nura

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Well that is true. That's why I can't wait to see her in Adrenaline Night. See if she acts better there or in Gekijourei

16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

17. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I really really enjoyed episode 3 because the roommate mari-chan?was that her name?she was very convincing as someone being scary I mean she didn't even blink she just had this stone cold stare as she looked anna in her eyes behind the locked door.then I was like wtf when she was laughing withy the skeletons and I think I jumped a little bit when anna got snatched up but seriously mari-chan I think it was she was awesome

18. Nagatsuki Nura

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Note that I was watching Annin's episode at a heavily rainy night, and I'm not joking when i say the lights in my room were flickering so my scare level was raised to almost maximum.
    The pacing of this episode is also very slow. Slower than Yuihan's but the scare factor in the end is significantly higher than Naachan's and Yuihan's episode which is really good. This would be the second episode where I actually shifted my eyes from the screen. Good episode although until halfway of the episode I thought I disliked it until the scary scene happened.

I think the focus of the story here is projected mainly at the creepy friend, who overshadowed Annin's character. And I'm sorry to say this, but I'm not impressed with Annin's acting here. Maybe it's due to script's limitation which caused her face expression to barely change but this is no different than the usual Annin that I see.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  19. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Annain - ep 3
    So in my previous post ^, I talked about Annain's wooden acting in Ao Oni. Get ready for some more of that.

Almost exact same role, nearly exact same plot, same outcome, except...here, the story is somewhat interesting, because it involves something we're all VERY FAMILIAR WITH: being an idol wota. The plot is a decently paced step-by-step cautionary tale on how to do everything in a horror film to ensure you die. I know Annain is supposed to be a good friend, but GODDAMN sometimes you just have to smack some friends up...especially when they're about to go into a murdery abandoned house(?) in the woods. So I was annoyed by the characters. Add that to a director who believes these monotone performances are good enough and the outcome is poor quality. The editing on the big scare at the end could be tightened up a bit-- held too long on that freeze frame.

Annain's acting: I've only seen her in two (2) roles & both were the same emotionless character, so both performances were wooden. I'd say I would like to see Annain tackle a more complex role to see if she can act, but I'd be lying. Nothing against her, I just don't believe acting is for her...especially when they ad-lib certain scenes & she decides repeating Mari-chan in the same tone and volume over & over will get the job done. Ugh.

Remember to SPOILER your reviews until at least the next ep comes out, please!!

20. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I watch episode 3 because the title looks interesting.. I thought based on scary stories from japanese urban legend, Guzo "Cow Head" but not LOL
    at least this episode's better than Yui/Naachan episode