1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yokoyama Yui - 23rd Birthday 150812

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by oatmeal, Oct 13, 2015.

1. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Hi everyone, it's that time of the year again.

On the 8th of December not only will Yui become the soukantouku of the 48Group, but more importantly, she will turn 23!

This year for her birthday project we're going to do something slightly different. The past two years I've been collecting messages, made a book out of it, and send it to Japan with a little present. This year I'd like to send her a t-shirt or jersey with a nice print on it, along with messages if people have them.

The messages I'll be collecting here: Yui 23rd birthday messages form
    @GeoFreak is in contact with the Japanese birthday committee and we're trying to work together with them for the messages. Try to keep them below 400 characters please, and don't forget to include your name and country!

As for what the print will be, you can help out with that! I'm not the most gifted artist and I know there are quite a few people out there who can do a much better job drawing something nice to commemorate this occasion. So if you think you have a nice design for a t-shirt please link it in this thread or send me a pm.
    If you want to share ideas as inspiration for what the design could be, please do so by posting.

The deadline for the shirt design will be the 13th of November. Messages can be send in until the 20th of November.

Let's work together again on this project and make it a memorable one!

2. masguas

masguas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    MasagusRivani
    How i write my message? In japanese or english?

3. GeoFreak

GeoFreak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayashimomoka
    Twitter:
    GeoFreak17
    Thanks for making the thread, @oatmeal!

Unfortunately I'm really busy for the next week, but I'll try to get something rolling in the next few days, if only to get the idea out to the birthday committee. We'll hammer out the details later, like how the messages will be delivered, and what language they'll be in. (We might translate English messages into Japanese, but no guarantees.)

@masguas I'd say write in Japanese if you can, if only because Japanese is more compact when it comes to character count.

4. Yuna Farron

Yuna Farron Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Oh that's a nice idea. I'll try to draw something nice for a design then.

5. mayuoshiri

mayuoshiri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Will we be able to purchase the shirt?

6. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    @mayuoshiri Sure, I'll try to arrange something where people who also want one can buy one. I want one for myself too, honestly :D

7. Yuna Farron

Yuna Farron Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    That's great !! :omg:

8. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Just a question! Does Yui actually get the gifts everyone makes for her? I participated in the first year you had done it and there was no sign of her actually receiving her gifts, that is why I havn't participated in the other birthday fan projects.
    If she has got them, then I will be more than happy to take part.

9. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    @FOAKB48 It's hard to say whether they receive the gifts or not. I send it to the AKB address HRP gave me and then the people who work there gather the gifts and hand em over to the girls. The other option (as the Japanese fans do) is to go to the AKB Don Quixote Theater, hand your gifts to the staff and then they give it to the girls. This is the way it works with all fanmail. As long as the girls don't post about it on their social media or mobame it's impossible to know if they got the gifts apart from going to a handshake event and ask if they got it.

So it's all in good faith. If you don't find this good enough and don't feel like participating, I understand. It's all we have though.

This year GeoFreak is trying to be in Japan during Yui's birthday. Currently we're trying to see whether or not it's feasible for him to hand the gift over at the theater, or I send it to the theater directly this year.

10. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Ahh ok, thank you for the reply.
    I'll have a think about it, I think I might take part in this one though. I guess if she receives a T-shirt we made her and she wears it, we'll know she got it lol

11. Kairi65

Kairi65 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    I have a question. I'm thinking of trying a design, so, do i just post the draft..?

12. zweimac

zweimac Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    Zweimac
    Oh man, how have I only just seen this now?! :gavel: Only 5 more days for the tshirt design too. Going to try and make something.:^^;:

13. Ikuchan-

Ikuchan- Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Yui-han~! I can't believe she's gonna take over as General Manager real soon. Time flies way too fast! D:

14. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    No worries zweimac. If you or anyone else is able to come up with something before coming Thursday that's fine too. But that's the final day I'm accepting any submissions for the shirt. Going to have them printed after that.

15. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    When you say name, do you mean our real names or our nicknames?

16. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Whichever you prefer. I always make sure to remind people of putting their name+country at the end because the first year there were, initially, quite a few messages without.

17. Muhd Haziq

Muhd Haziq Kenkyuusei

Can my message for Yui be in English since I do not know Japanese? What is the word limit if my message is in English?

18. GeoFreak

GeoFreak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayashimomoka
    Twitter:
    GeoFreak17
    It can be in English, but the same 400 character limit applies.

19. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    Hmm, in that case, I might use my real name.

20. Kragorin

Kragorin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    Sure it has became a special trait or mine of finding these projects last minute/very late. Nevertheless I managed to squeeze out a message for Yui-sama and that's all that matters. I hope I won't become a laughing matter because of how low level my Japanese actually is...