1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage Team A 7th [M.T. ni Sasagu] (2016/02/10 - 2018/05/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 14, 2015.

1. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Then Lemon's unit must be really hilarious for you

2. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Lemon is a transfer, not a kennin.

And if her concurrency were cancelled, which team would she go back to? Kennins appear in stages, singles, concerts, etc. for two teams, regular members only one. Putting one as the face of two separate teams is only going to weaken both. But eh, a unit center? Nothing wrong with that. It's only a major issue if she's the star of the stage. Hopefully though, Paruru will have recovered, and/or Megu will have tightened up her performing skills by then, and we can have more pure AKB members at the forefront, because that's what AKB desperately needs right now.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  3. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    She was only a kennin member when she got her unit though.

4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Ah... :oops: I didn't know that. Makes more sense now.

5. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

That Lemon thing pissed me off so much back then lol. In any case, I don't believe this, I can't believe we still have no new stages after all these years. The should at least revive the team surprise stages because we're all sick of listening to the same setlist all the time. (especially Team S fans :( )

6. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    I think I would go with "unit centers and stage centers should appear in more than 50% of theater shows". That would be my base standard. So, that would definitely rule out Sakura, Nyan, and Paru as a minimum. Why bother writing them a theater unit if they're barely gonna perform it? It seems like a waste. Or, if those few are present, then they could perform their album unit(s), say. Save theater centers for the girls we have who are there and let them make it their own.

It'll never happen. I know. :p My guesses are Paruru, Sakura, Nyan, Yui and Annin. But, given that these people won't usually be there, who will be the center the other 75% of the time? Who should sub those positions? Megu and Naanya doubtless will... Karen? Hillary? Nattsun, Maachun, Myao? There's quite a lot of options here, and I'm intrigued as to which management will prioritise of Megu and Naanya.

7. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

My hopes
    Annin/Miru duet (lol this is the point why Miru is in A[hehe])
    Paru centering 3nin unit (with Megu & Yamada)
    Kojiharu adult 3nin unit (with Nattsun & Chori)
    Naanya 3nin unit (with Yuichan (Draft) & Kayoyon)
    Sakura 3nin unit (with Yukarun & Karen)
    Yui solo

8. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Yuitan in a unit with Naanya is alright. But that other..... No, please no.:cold:

If Sakuratan's Kennin is pulled she goes where ever management wants her. Probably back to Team KIV. But then again, Miorin is a prime example that a transfer is not entirely off the table. But that is neither here nor there. Point is Sakuratan is an AKB member, like it or not. But do respect it.

9. trxsh

trxsh Member

If they were to dare and try something different... It would actually be a great idea to give the unit centers to Undergirls* level members who perform at least semi-regularly so they can own their own unit as an extra something for promoting themselves through the stages. But going by the current system, the unit centers/duet/solo will go to Paru, Yui, Sakura (sorry), Annin, Kojiharu, Naanya.
    *No this isn't some insult to members not even considered for Undergirls, before someone starts grunting about this, I just mean members who it seems more feasible that management would ever give them consideration for anything.

10. skydrive27

skydrive27 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    +1 for Annin-Mirurun duet [hehe]

11. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Miorin is the exception that proves the rule. She wasn't sent to either of her concurrent teams, she was transferred to an entirely different one, alongside several other full transfers. Every other kennin cancellation has sent them back to their home teams. "Like it or not" kennin members are first and foremost members of their home groups. While Sakura is an AKB member in some senses, there are others, important ones, in which she is not. AKB itself is struggling more than any of the sister groups are (million streak illusion notwithstanding), so they need to give adequate time to their young members rather than the extreme kennin push that has marked the last year or so.

12. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^it's factually incorrect to call Sakura an AKB member.

The main reason is that she has never auditioned for AKB, but for HKT and so became an HKT member. She is still an HKT member, only with a 'kennin with Team A'.

Besides from those basic facts, neither Sakura herself (nor other kennin members) nor the AKB members consider kennins to be AKB members.

Sakura's or Jurina's main priority was and always will be the success of HKT and SKE, respectively, that and their own careers is all they talk about. When they do talk about AKB, then to 'overcome AKB', 'to destroy AKB' or 'to win against AKB'. Sayanee has talked about 'making AKB her (second) home', but nothing has come of that ever since.

When AKB members refer to kennins, they never call them 'AKB' or 'AKB members' but rather refer to them as 'kennin members' or 'a good stimulation (for competition)'.

A transfer is possible, but in light of the cancellation of Jurina's kennin with Team K, this may have become unlikely. Rather, a cancellation of Sakura's kennin might have become more likely than a transfer.

13. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    @Togasaki speaking of which, it's hilarious you mention that since 2ch was making fun of the fact that Sakura basically hasn't been at either theater for ages.

14. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^well I guess it's the same dynamic that lead to Jurina cancelling her kennin, people might question her commitment to HKT. The question is what Sakura will do. Will she do the same or ignore those voices.

edit: I stumbled on that thread that you mentioned lol

http://www.logsoku.com/r/2ch.sc/akb/1447719821/

15. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Miorin is the prime example of my previous statement that a member goes where management wants them. I did not say that IF Sakuratan is transferred she would go to A, or even AKB. I clearly stated she would go where management wants her to. Exceptions don't prove rules, the disprove them.

And no. Sakuratan is an AKB member in every sense any AKB member is a member of the group. Just as she is a HKT member. That is what a Kennin is, member of both Teams/Groups.

AKB has put a metric-ton of exposure on New Gens since 2012, and even before. New Gens are literally every where the group does something, and on all of the groups signature programming. Which, btw, I have no problem with. They get more than "adequate time".

And Togasaki is factually incorrect. Maachun, Chory, Rena-chan, and Yuria never auditioned for AKB. So they must not be actual members either, right? None of the draft members auditioned for AKB, or any other group, specifically. So, not AKB members either, by your reckoning. Right? See, those pesky exceptions. Disproving more rules. And taking Sakuratan's SSK speech out of context, again.:fp: You neglected the part where she wants to build a better AKB. You can read it here. For a girl who does not consider herself AKB, she sure wants that top AKB spot.

Kennin = concurrent. Here is a dictionary definition of concurrent.

16. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    @hjr1891 completely agreed on the new gen (honestly, Paruru has been the BEST THING EVER to have happened to AKB since Acchan left) and Sakuratan not being in theater isn't that problematic, since she's busy off doing solo work to promote AKB, both as an HKT AND AKB member.

She's clearly working together with the other so-called "shitennou" (Jurina, Sayaka, Haruka) to recreate the image of AKB in the general public's perception. The fact is - much like Yukirin, she will get a unit position, and again like Yukirin, an under will perform that position probably better than she can since Sakura will never be there.

17. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Regardless of the esoterics of the word "kennin", Sakura is more popular than many other members. so she'll get a unit center because those go to the popular girls.

That's all that needs to be said, regardless of whether you like it or not. She won't be there regularly, just like Nyan, Yui, Paruru, etc.... but they'll be there for the shonichi and that's all that matters. If the units are given to them, they're their's. They're not gonna give unit centers to unpopular girls, and that's just how it is.

Meanwhile, if you want the underdogs to center units, then watch the rest of the stages when they fill in for the popular girls that will be inevitably absent :p

Thus: it's a lot simpler than prattling about the age old kennin debate.

18. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

The ideal situation for me is to give the members that doesnt have a song that represent themselves one. Sakura has her solo Kanajo, Nyan have tons of them, Paruru has Eien Pressure and her solo. And I dont think Annin will stay in the group for a long time so no point giving her one really. I believe Yui and Naanya got their rep song as well.

19. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

^
    Again..some people always think annin will leave akb soon, i don't know why

team A never let kennin member centering their unit song, even that member is very popular member..as long she's kennin, that never will be happened
    Team A have their own rules, even they never let member from another team to participate on unit song

20. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    maybe Lemon will not get a unit if she stayed in AKB lol
    but give a unit (especially center) to Sakura.. just waste, she will get a unit again in HKT.