1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage Team A 7th [M.T. ni Sasagu] (2016/02/10 - 2018/05/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 14, 2015.

1. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    If there is a new song with a blatantly sexual theme in this new stage or two, thank goodness they took Makiho off this team.

2. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    At no point in that translation that you linked did Sakura say that she wants to build a 'better AKB'. She said 'a new AKB'.

She also said this:

'Saying that, next year, I want to sit on the throne reserved for Rank 1 and create a new AKB that no one has ever seen before'

Winning elections does not make members AKB members (see Sasshi) and neither can a kennin create anything in AKB, because they are simply not AKB members. Consequently she can only destroy AKB, and those are the words that she used, 'destroy AKB'.

Also, Sakura only talks about creating a new AKB in terms of her winning the elcection. In other words besides winning the election, she does not seem to have any other interests or priorities when it comes to AKB.

Furthermore, I don't see why you would use english dictionaries to explain japanese words.

According to this definition of kennin, it merely means to serve two or more functions or roles or to have two different jobs at the same time.

If her past appearances with Team A (4 appearances in total) are any indication though, Sakura will hardly appear that much for this stage anyway.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    i have to agree, it's starting to get annoying to see "annin will leave akb soon so she doesn't really matter in that point" posts everywhere. people - i think, at least - say this because they don't follow her therefore they have no clue about her works, so they just say "she isn't doing anything, why i she still there". she does a lot of stuff so i'm totally sure she'll stay for a while, so...

i totally second the Annin-Mirurun duet, their Ookami to Pride was awesome :D

4. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Honestly I'd personally love a Himawari unit like the one they had for the Baito live.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

5. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    You are correct. And I apologize. I had assumed her intention was to build a "better" AKB, because, honestly, why would she want to create a worse one? But my fault for that assumption. Still, does not change the fact your post before was made out of context. Glad to see you resolved that.;)

Because, as you are aware, I don't read Japanese. And neither does the majority of the users on this board.

For clarification, I got "Kennin = concurrent" from one who a native Japanese speaker, who is very fluent in English as well. He is a professional translator. I use his services for my fan mail to the members. I had asked him about it after a discussion with HRP back when.

Thanks for further proving my point of Kennins being members of both their groups.:)

Well, for one who does not want to be there, as you seem to think, she sure is working hard representing AKB.:D If she did not want to be apart of the group, she could pull a Jurina and just stop. But I am almost certain that we will not see that happen

And while this has been fun. It is starting to venture OT. As such this will be my last post here about it. Feel free to have the last word, if you so desire.

6. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    She is seriously in no position to say that.

7. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Whether it was 7/10 done or not, as I said before, they will most likely go with the hierarchical process, so even if Team S's stage is 70% complete and Team 4's stage is 50% complete, Team S will come after Team's A, K, B, and 4. Of course, I'm not saying I'm right, but considering the way japan value's seniority and positions, this could very well be the process of how we see the stages release.

Ahh, I think i'm the only one here who doesn't want them to do a duet... I find Miru so fun and outgoing and Annin so.....boring. I get that they're friends but I don't see the pairing working out well in a performance lol.

I don't know, while Sakura does have the same "Aki-p's favorite" thing going for her like Jurina did, I get the feeling that Jurina has more of a say than Sakura does. Jurina had been in Team K for years before she decided to end the kennin and I would assume that she talked it out a lot with Aki-P and the rest of management before announcing it. I just don't see Sakura getting a say in where she goes at this point in time. If they decided for her to become a full AKB member, I can see her being upset with it but I can also see her accepting it. Compared to say Jurina or Paruru who I could see completely declining a transfer to AKB/Other sister group and would probably announce graduation immediately lol.

8. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I actually don't want to see Annin-Miru duet, but it's my prediction not my hope.. my hope Annin duet with someone else, Nyan maybe.. so I could see two of the most prettiest member in one-unit lol. and my other hope is all kennin ends before Aki-p make a new stage for T4/B/K, so no one will complain about kennin lol

9. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    @minaeshi I don't actually agree with Sakura having less say. Even girls like Karen were able to decline transfers - someone as strongly pushed as Sakura would be in an even better position to say what she wants out of AKB.

I also don't really think that they would ever permanently transfer Sakura to AKB, especially since her story is the "demon that Sasshi created to destroy AKB".

10. burningbrita

burningbrita Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    sparklingbrita
    An original stage is so exciting :) My hopes:
    -Some kind of really fun unit since we have so many funny members. Maybe a Maachun/Chori center with Karen and Komari (I doubt this would happen, but it'd be great)
    -A Yui solo (May was so good!)
    -Hirari to get in a decent unit because she'll be my favorite Team A member after Takamina graduates

11. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    THIS IS IMPORTANT.
    Honestly if Maachun and Chori are stuck behind other girls in a cute unit I'll start a riot! They need a funny duet or a unit with Komari, Myao and Shiichan (and Karen, why not). All these funny girls must have been assigned to the same team for a reason, let it show in the new stage!

12. burningbrita

burningbrita Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    sparklingbrita
    Yes!! The sad part, though, is with 21 members after Takamina graduates, probably half of them (Chori/Maachun/Komari/Karen/Myao/Shiichan) aren't gonna get a unit/into shonichi with how stacked A is :(

13. Chuu

Chuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Maachun, Chori and Shiichan should have Yuuwaku no Garter alike unit pls

14. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    LOL. I agree.

That trio is very unique because... not only are they fricking HILARIOUS, but they're also all three really good singers. So having a vocally demanding song that they can have some fun with is essential.

I loved seeing Shiichan in Yuuwaku no Garter.

15. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Please make this happen, Aki-P! :worthy:

16. milkyzipper

milkyzipper Guest

I've been a long time fan and I haven't been so excited in such a long time. I hope this stage will shift their focus back to the core of the group (the theatre) and bring them out of their slump. I have every faith in Paruru!

I think they will still stick with the 16-nin performance format so I think the units will look a little like this:
    Paruru (c) -> Chori, Chori -> Yuichan & Maachun
    Sakura (c)
    -> Naanya , Megutan & Hirarii
    Kojiharu (c)
    -> Nattsun, Naanya -> Kayoyon & Nattsun -> Mariko
    Annin -> Hirarii & Miru -> Yukarun
    Yui, Myao, Aamin, Karen & Nanamichan -> Renarin

17. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

I'm kind of nervous about this stage. Can they really gives us another batch of Kimi wa Pegasus, Itoshikii Natasha, Seifuku Resistance, Namida no Shounan etc. (I could go on for a while:awesome:)? When I look at their recent releases, I'm not very hopeful.

I get that A-sides can be kind of meh, since they have to appeal to a larger audience, but we haven't even had an amazing B-side like Kurumi to Dialogue, Ruby, Bara no Kajitsu etc. in forever. :( And I noticed I've mentioned only serious/mature songs, but there are a lot of cute ones I love, like Ookami to Pride, Tenshi no Shippo, Hatsukoi yo Konnichiwa, Wimbledon... :awesome:

Anyway, I'll console myself, believing that they must realise at least a good chunk of the stage has to be great and something that will last throughout the years without getting boring after two performances, and that that's the reason why it took so long.:cry2:

18. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I would REALLY hope they would take care to make sure this stage is high quality..

I mean, it's been YEARS since the last original stage for AKB, and it would leave a very poor impression to come up after several years releasing something subpar that feels hashed together.

I want to believe that the years that have passed resulted in some well-made, thought-out songs. We shall see.

19. milkyzipper

milkyzipper Guest

Of the post mokugekisha stages, only Zipper comes close in terms of stage units imo but both N3 and KII3 had a decent amount of great songs. Both team surprise stages are 100% perfect as well.

But yea, the album units/songs were mostly forgettable and I haven't liked a single bside since kokoro no placard. Hopefully they're saving the great songs for the stages?

20. desuki

desuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Now takamina graduation date has postponed to 28 March 2016. In that case, what are the chances of takamina involved in this new Team A Stage? >.<