[GENERAL] THE NMB48 thread!

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Dec 7, 2010.

1. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Hmmm.. so over on the Sayaka thread I was thinking "nahh, they didn't bring NMB to kouhaku just because of sayanee..." but after seeing that they will be performing 365.. it's hard to deny it lol. Oh well i guess.

I think this is a great opportunity for them though. Gives them a chance to get noticed by the masses because everyone will be tuning into the second half of the show, and everyone will be tuning in to hear that song. So it's a win win win in my eyes.

2. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Yeah, that's undeniable today. I'll take it as someone joke before, Sayanee saved the whole group:^^;:

Still, my thanks to whoever pulling the string to include NMB48 into, I mean, it's actually possible for AKB48(Sayanee included) to perform it and leave the rest of NMB sitting at home watching the kouhaku, instead the honor of 25th spot goes to sister group where Sayanee come from.

When I'm thinking about it, this doesn't happen naturally, right?

My thanks probably not enough, He/She/whoever it is deserve a worship.

3. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    It's a combination effort though. There's never been a case where a group has performed multiple times, so AKB was naturally out. Then the actual producers of the morning drama gave their own specific requests way back when the song was being written for an Osaka girl to be center and so Sayanee was picked.

If you want someone to thank, it'd be like everyone except the girls lololol

4. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Arashi has performed twice on the same Kohaku before. They've actually done it a few times. Hirahara Ayaka, Aoyama Thelma and the girl from Ikimono Gakari all performed a Ghibli medley before their turns as well.

AKB could have performed 365 days paper airplanes. That they won't means that NHK didn't want them to do it (or they lobbied NHK so that they wouldn't have to). It bears repeating that NHK Kohaku is special in a lot of ways. It is not like other music shows where management can push their agendas on it. Kohaku is well known for doing their own thing and ignoring what the artists want. Golden Bomber would probably love to sing whatever new single they have on it but no, they are freaking gonna sing Memeshikute for the 3rd straight year because thats what NHK wants. Whats more likely is that NHK thought AKB 10th anniversary was a special enough thing where it deserved its own slot and they wanted their precious Asadora to have its own major slot.

I am not sure how much screen time NMB will get but apparently there is going to be a mini drama just before NMB performs with the Asa ga Kita cast. This will probably boost the ratings sky high which, while not really important, will annoy all the antis licking their chops at being able to point to NMB's performance as a low ratings point for Kohaku.

5. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Ghibli melody is different - in that case, plenty of people have performed twice on the same show, AKB included.

What I mean is a completely solo slot on the same show, in which case perhaps Arashi has done it before, but I can almost certainly guarantee you that if AKB did it, there would be one HELL of a backlash.

AKB hasn't really had a "low point" for ratings in a while (and certainly won't, TBQH) but their sister groups have all been shafted and put in prior half almost entirely for the past couple of years. This is exciting in that aspect.

6. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Arashi almost always performed some kind of Kohaku theme song in the middle of the show and then their own thing towards the end. NHK could have just setup a special Asadora portion in the middle (which they did) and got AKB to sing it if they wanted. Perhaps the producers really wanted Sayaka to sing the first verses and taking NMB with her was the way they came up with.

7. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    The issue is that AKB is too divisive. Even Arashi was a contentious point for most non-Johnny's fans, and you have to remember that for those parts they were the hosts so it was actually rather mitigated.

I don't think it was the producers saying "they want NMB to sing this", but rather the producers realizing how divisive the 48G is.

8. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Or, you know, NHK doesn't care? They let Oshima Yuko announce her graduation during Kohaku so I'm not sure why you think they're afraid of 48G related criticism. NHK has no sponsors, it can do what it wants despite what people on twitter say as long as the old ladies who watch it continue to pay the NHK fee.

9. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    They're actually really receptive to general criticism - hence the Kishidan lifetime ban, and basically backtracking HEAVILY after the Yuko graduation backlash. That's why they're scared of doing anything that could rock the boat, because this is quite honestly the one event that really shouldn't do anything drastic.

10. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    What happened to Kishidan that banned them from being in the Kouhaku?

11. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

Like every year at the turn of the year NMB releases a bunch of merchandize that's cool but also gives a glimps into managements own ranking of the members. While we wait for New Year for the card game to be released, here is a team based position ranking from the 2016 calender.

[​IMG]

Team N
    西中 明石 古賀 石田 山口 本郷
    山尾 城   小谷 西村 岸野 西澤
    上西 太田 山本 須藤 吉田 加藤

Nishinaka Akashi Koga Ishida Yamaguchi Hongo
    Yamao Jo Kotani Nishimura Kishino Nishizawa
    Yonishi Ota Yamamoto Sutou Yoshida Kato

Team M
    柴田 鵜野 川礼 東   森田 百花 堀
    武井 三田 石塚 中野 沖田 松村 近藤
    植村 谷川 矢倉 白間 藤江 村瀬 久代

Shibata Uno Kawakami Azuma Morita Kinoshita Hori
    Takei Mita Ishizuka Nakano Okita Matsumura Kondo
    Uemura Tanigawa Yagura Shiroma Fujie Murase Kushiro

Team BII
    村中 上枝 黒川 植田 松岡 安藤 安田
    林   川千 日下 磯   春奈 井尻 大段
    内木 梅田 薮下 渡辺 渋谷 市川 門脇

Muranaka Kamieda Kurokawa Ueda Matsuoka Ando Yasuda
    Hayashi Kawakami Kusaka Iso Kinoshita Ijiri Odan
    Naiki Umeda Yabushita Watanabe Shibuya Ichikawa Kadowaki

Interesting points for me: Emichi and Momoka are last row probably because of their absence for some time this year. All the 2nd gen draftees are dead last.
    In Team N Riripon and Yuuri have jumped over Keicchi and Akarin. And Uuka has managed to get first row over Aika. I'm also suprised that Ruririn is second row while Yuumin is last row.
    In Team M Azusa got "airdropped" into the first row. Aapon (again) gets shafted behind Rachel and Anchu. Also Megumin is really high and Udon really low. ;-(
    In Team BII we have Kokochan who has managed to get a first row spot and place before Isokana. Also Antan and Maichi ahead of Miire. Muranaka "Runaway-chan" Yuki isn't dead last. lol

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  12. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    tbh, I'm not entirely shocked at the way they are placed within their teams. It feels very...IDK, typical? I don't think that's the word I'm looking for, but it's not shocking either. I look forward to 2016 for NMB. I hope we can see new centers for Team songs tbh. Spice it up management lol

13. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

Why would it have to be shocking? lol

14. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    As I told Timmeon, the D2 members seem to be alphabetical. In the card game, they will probably share the 2 card among themselves. They are so new that management probably doesn't have especially strong opinions on them either way.

I thought Yuuri jumping up over Ripopo, Akarin, Keicchi is significant especially since it seems they are seriously looking to push her this year. Uuka's been in every senbatsu since Kitaken. Not sure why her being above Aika is a surprise. That she is below Riripon and Yuuri should be the bigger one.

One thing to note though is that the calendar is a good indication of the rankings but it is not the official playing card rankings so things might change (hasn't ever before though)

The preview for the cards show Joker - Sayaka, Ace of Spades - Shu and Jack of (something) Kokochan so Kokochan's rise in the calendar was somewhat expected.

15. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    IDK...false hope lolol~ I guess if I think of things being too predictable I get bored, so I'd like to have some hope that management would do something exciting lol.

16. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Were you expecting Yuumin to be Team N center or something?

17. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    ^ Well, not like center (although that would be cool)~ but maybe 2nd row~ a lot of those back-girls can get their positions changed. And someone like Yuumi was in Senbatsu for MBN, so why not lol~ like I said: false hope lol.

MBN was such a nice change of pace in NMB; with girls you'd probably never think would be in senbatsu/come back to senbatsu. It's nice having that element of surprise imo

18. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    There's some surprises there like the aforementioned Yuuri/Azusa/Kokochan jump up, Konomin being pretty low, Momoka/Emichi/Udon. I mean, Team M not even pretending that Miru is the new center and none of this W-Center shit is significant.

19. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I didn't really think of those as "surprises" - well, Azusa a little, but clearly they have something planned for her lol. I actually always thought Miru was the center of Team M - with Fuuko just being behind her a little bit. That's why I thought W-center suited them since they didn't seem that far off (popularity speaking). But maybe it'll just be Miru centering Team M from now on~~

20. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I'm really surprised Konomin is behind Iso & Kanakichi, and also Ruririn 2nd row, i rather have Yuumin or Nattsu as 2nd row, and man do they really hate Udon & Riichan THAT bad???!!!??? But overall happy Yuuri's over Uuka. Uuka's talented and all but Yuuri's more radiant and eye-appealing