Single AKB48 43rd [Kimi wa Melody] (2016/03/09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Jenny215

Jenny215 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    owadanana
    just realized Mako, Ryoka, Tomu, Juri and Naanya are there in the back :^^;:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  2. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    It's also more convenient and easier on te management's budget since the girls selected are actually girls that the team captains want not random girls to fill the theater without any clearance on where they'll end up and end up not being promoted and not doing anything. Plus the draft event brings revenues and raise fan interest

3. UchujinTaka

UchujinTaka Kenkyuusei

Matsui Jurina is John Cena

Miyawai Sakura is Roman Reigns[hehe]

4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Sure, cause Nishiyama Rena felt so wanted before graduating lol
    I don't get the lack of new auditions. They were adding a new gen every other month before making it big and now they seem to be afraid of them.

Anyway, the song is growing on me. Can't wait to see where the grads fit in.

5. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    She was like the face of the draftee before the management looked at Sayaya. She centered the draftee's first performance and she was the most featured draftee out of all of them in the documentary (i can't even see Sayaya & Aerin in the docu)

And atleast she do theater perfs unlike some kks that does nothing because there are not enought kks for a kks stage but teams are already packed

6. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I think that quote has been made overly negative since she first said it. People act like she said she would burn down AKB completely and destroy it in order to rebuild it in her own image. It was much more of a "I want to break down AKB and start fresh" type feeling (imo). But of course, it was still overboard and she shouldn't have said it. But what do people want? Mariko says "come at us" like a challenge, and finally 3 years later someone has said they will do just that, and everyone is pissed... I don't know, I still disagree with her saying that but I feel it has been made a much bigger thing than it really was.

But I agree with you, everyone should be able to say what they are upset about. I posted quite a few times in the tandoku thread that I believe that everyone should be able to because as fans we are the ones that basically pay their salary. Nobody buys their singles = no more 48g. So we all should be able to voice our negative opinions (I'm still annoyed a non AKB member won an AKB only request hour, but whatever...)

I do disagree with the oogoe diamond/jurina push that so many people are saying is the same. If you have forgotten, jurina was 11, and had only been in the 48g for 2 months when she was named center. Sakura has been here for a few years, and not only that she is an ace of her group, and she is kami7. I don't think this is anywhere close to what happened to Jurina in Oogoe Diamond. If, for example, some random NGT member like Yamaguchi Maho became center of this single, then it would be Jurina-level. But this is definitely not the case here, I'm not sure how it can be compared by so many people.

7. Shizuka Honekawa

Shizuka Honekawa Kenkyuusei

I like the idea of Sakura being Center. It has created discussion, interest and makes people think again. Also it pushes akb48 a little bit further into its future jumping a step or two and i think this helps as they were falling behind the idol game a bit and risked getting stale.

Sakura is also the earlier young look of akb from its early days and possibly a good thing to have less mature looking firls cener, it is girls idol group. maybe akb management should look back and recall how it used to look. thats all.

8. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I HAVE noticed a certain pattern when a sister group member is favored over the locals, and it is that there is ALWAYS someone there to preemptively "inb4 all the salty people lol what a bunch of losers we ttly rekt them were the best trolls" and who belittle and make fun of the people who are understandably upset about something. It feels like a silencing tactic, and it feels mostly directed at people defending AKB girls. However, from the AKB side, there is noticeably less people doing it. I guess it's super fun to behave like a 13 year old troll on the internet, but it doesn't really improve the experience for anyone else and it's just cheap entertainment for two or three people and a lot of unecessary stress for the rest. Not everyone will be ok with everything AKB will throw at us, but the least we can do is to accept it and move on without trying to get a cheap thrill. There's 2ch for that, people.

My main concern is, if Sakura REALLY is the best thing AKB48 has to offer, what would be of AKB (the group from Akihabara, not the mothership, if it's a little more clear that way) without her and the other SG girls? Is there really no one there worthy of centering even a team song in their own group anymore? Should the Teams compete, which would automatically mean the SG girls would have to go to their home Teams, would any of the AKB teams hold up against the SGs? Is AKB even in its own competition anymore or are they just backdrop for other girls to play? Why it has come to the point that a Kennin seems to be the "only" reasonable solution for a solo center?

9. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I'd say right now for a center:

• older members - Mayuyu, Yukirin, Kojiharu
    • mid members - Paruru
    • young members - Miion, Kojimako

So there is at least 5 that are good enough to be center or have that great potential, and you could probably add a couple names to that list too. AKB is definitely not dying. They still have quite a few good options, no other sister group has (at least) 5 potential great center options like AKB does.

Of course being Sakura oshi I love she is a center, but like I've said before I am a fan of the group first, and members second. So I'm not sure why Miion wasn't used here, it would have led to much less hate (especially less anti's for Sakura). But I do believe her time is going to come in the next year (actually, my summer single dream is a very sexy summer bikini single wCenter: Sakura-Miion. But after this I'm sure everyone will be really pissed if Sakura gets anywhere near the center spot lol).

10. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    @kyoto48☀︎☂ I really like your list, but I keep wondering why are people "considering all the facts and concluding that Sakura is really the best and only option for center ATM" when you have a good list of alternatives right there. Certainly Sakura is not the only one who can carry the center role forward and the only "alternatives but eeeeeeeeeeehhhhh not really I guess" are most of the time Jurina and Sayanee. Makes me wonder if people actually believe AKB is in the game anymore. Feels like the general opinion of AKB the group from Akihabara is super low.

11. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    TomuSaya for 44th Single centers, please. Not sure if Tomu and Sayanee have any chemistry.

12. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    The only problem about this mess is that people start to hate Sakura, like it was her decision to center this single that is OH SO IMPORTANT for akb fans.
    Hate on management if you want you want to hate someone, but wishing a 17 years old girl to be "beaten" or "K.O." by some graduated member is so wrong in so many ways.
    I get that you are pissed about this, I would be pissed too but so many people are acting like a spoiled child without judgement, and it's scary because we are talking about grown ups not children here.

If you wanna hate, at least be rational about that. Don't let this hunger for sacrifice and blood turn you into something that's crossing the line of a sane human.

13. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    well, AKB fans have never ever thought that Oogoe Diamond would be the start of sister groups members taking over AKB. it all just started as a way to help sister group to be recognized. but as time goes on. we didn't even notice that sister group members are slowly taking the most important opportunities/position within AKB. when the Old Gen graduated. what management did was pushed sister group members. rather than AKB members. and now AKB look inferior compared to their sister group senbatsu members because that's how management portray AKB members nowadays.

and oh, yeah AKB is not about the tokyo based group. cause management started to make it look like the whole 48G. and even if AKB had been pulling themselves till the sister group members involvement increases. AKB doesn't have the right to celebrate their 10th year anni-single without having an hkt member solo center it. since out of 121 AKB members. no one are not worthy enough for the center position. yup, got it. I can't wait to read in wikipedia. that AKB48 10th Anni Single was centered by an hkt member. cause it's logical.

I used to like Sakura a lot. but after that speech. I just find it kinda disrespectful for AKB members. especially, after Paruru and Yui's speech. I know it's just Sakura's way to sell herself to the fandom ala Mayuyu on the past SSK. but it just didn't feel right. especially that she's being promoted heavily in AKB. well, I respect everyone's opinion. but what I don't really like. is the way some 48G fans view AKB fans opinions about the issue with kennins/sister group members. it's like they see that we're only complaining without any basis. and on Jurina-Sakura comparison. Jurina centered Oogoe Diamond to introduced SKE to AKB fans. but on Sakura's case right now. what's the reason she was chosen center? it's not like this is about generation change but about the 10 years of AKB48. but now it looks like. we should just forget this anniversary and see how they pushed Sakura. Sakura centering this important single just goes to show. how management see the new/next gen AKB members. this single should be about looking back the 10 years of AKB and it's future with AKB members not kennins. Sakura should just be transferred to AKB. even Naachan, Juri and Kojimako expected to be in this single. cause like us. they must have thought. this will be about AKB.

14. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I remember that Sakura's speech resonated in my mind in a "more like why don't you worry about publicizing HKT and make it seem awesome like Sasshi did instead of worrying about destroying AKB or something" way. It felt a little like meddling on her part, lacking her own sister group's pride and trying to change what feels like something else somehow. I know, I know AKB is not even a thing of its own anymore, I know someone will say it, but that's not my point. It seems like so many members are so focused in AKB, and making it great, and destroying it to recreate it or whatever, that they have lost sight of which group they actually belong to anymore. It gets specially insidious when you realize the girls doing it are Aces from SGs. Should they be mainly SG members or should they transfer? I think they should leave the "Make AKB Great Again™" speech to the Soukantoku for the time being. But maybe we're digressing a little here.

15. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Jurina may have been the last girl to realize that all her efforts as a kennin mainly benefit AKB, not her own group to which she was and is highly loyal. Or the last girl who took issue with that. So Jurina had wanted to cancel her kennin for a long time until she was finally able to do it. Sakura on the other hand has a far more positive attitude towards AKB than Jurina ever had. Sakura also has no problems giving the HKT center to another girl, she says another young girl should get the opportunity a while ago. So Sakura has basically moved on to AKB, that may be the big difference to Jurina. Certainly HKT center is not enough for her and AKB center is what Sakura is aiming for and has been aiming for for a long time now, even before her 'break AKB' speech.

Sakura noted in her G+ post that some AKB fans are against kennins centering AKB songs or the kennin system in general. But she still asks for their support, basically asking us to give up our loyalties. Which is absurd to be frank with you.

16. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I... i don't think she means for people to "give up their loyalties", just to trust her a little... we're fans, not knights :^^;: A solo center IS a pretty big thing after all, and it's her first time actually doing it. I understand why would she be nervous, but she took the challenge anyway. There has been a history of members rejecting center positions (AND Senbatsu), after all, when girls thought they wouldn't be at 100% for it.

17. Chanandler

Chanandler Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikuta Erika
    I completely agree with you and totally endorse your message here. After it was decided Sakura would be center, I started to read all the messages and was just thinking that same thing... It seems some fans think that it was Sakura's decision. She was put in a hard position, because it would also be bad if she declined this opportunity. Just hope fans don't bash her (in social media, handshake events and such...)

18. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I think you had too much salt with the last part

19. rabyo

rabyo Kenkyuusei

I heard JP fans didn't hate sakura is center? International fan may overacting about sakura is center?

20. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    JIJIPRESS 7:52 mark

if the video does not show watch the video here