1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Official Stage48 Rules

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by ithebigc, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teleportation

teleportation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Considering that at least some American fans have taken to using proxies so they can watch AKB stuff on Youtube, I also wonder how effective forbidding them would be.

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Just giving everyone a heads up that the one month "grace period" regarding user signatures is schedules to come to an end this weekend. That means your user signature must be within Stage48 guidelines. Specifically...

• Signatures should be no larger than 750 (width) x 225 (height) pixels – Signatures are a way to show off your individuality, but ones that are too large distract from actual content and stretch the page. The same goes for text; don’t write so much in your signature that it would exceed the size of an image that’s 750 x 225 pixels. Moderators may remove or ask you to remove signatures that are deemed to be too large. Gifs are not allowed in signatures.
    Beginning Monday we will be editing or removing any signatures that don't not fall within guidelines. This includes gifs, photos, as well as text. If your total signature exceeds the guidelines you may have the text in your signature edited or removed.

Hopefully most of you will go ahead and make the changes on your own.

3. jurisaiko

jurisaiko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    about the gif's as signatures, i've seen people with gifs on their signature and they still have them, has the rule changed?

4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    We have been removing them as we find them. And a few people have been putting their gifs back on their signature after having them removed. So far we haven't had to issue any official warnings, and a simple reminder has solved the issue. However if we continue to run into this issue we may have to become more strict about it.

But no, the NEW rule has not changed, gifs are not allowed on signatures

5. jurisaiko

jurisaiko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Okay, thanks!

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

6. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

yup. saw that, my bad, sorry, should've known it earlier....:cry: but still, thanks mod....

7. Gale Kakumei

Gale Kakumei Kenkyuusei

Ask to resize or just remove? Maybe I am being sensitive, but it seems a bit crass to just remove the entire post rather than asking a user to change it first (considering the current wording; otherwise it would be no problem), not that user relations are necessarily booming here or anything. While efficiency is important and I am aware no one wants to sit around badgering everyone around the rules, it is kind of hard to expect users to be inclined to follow rules when the staff members themselves are approaching an issue at an entirely different angle than stated.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Out of all of the rules on our forum this one is BY FAR the most violated, and the one we spend the most time dealing with. What is especially troubling is that we believe most forum users are aware of the rule, and simply violate it anyway. We have tried many different tactics to enforce the photo limit.

1) Sending a message to the user asking them to fix it. The problem here is that we then have to monitor the post and wait to see if/when the user will actually do what we requested. Furthermore, only around 50% of the time would the user do that, and we would end up deleting the post anyway

2) Fixing the photos ourselves. If it were just the occasional photo then this would have worked fine. However the amount of oversized photos we were encountering on a daily basis caused this remedy to be burdensome for the moderators. Furthermore, we then started encountering posts with oversized photos and a little message at the bottom requesting the moderators to fix the photos for them. Obviously that wasn't acceptable. On the other hand, we still do this when the user uploads the photos to our site since it is very easy to convert those types of attachments to thumbnail.

3) Removing the photo, or the entire post. Granted, this may seem like the harshest remedy. But it is the only one that seems to get the point across in an effective way. We don't want to remove an entire post, and in the case of a post with text we will simply remove the offending photo(s) and leave the rest of the post. However that is tough to do when the entire post is merely "Hey, check out these photos".

The bottom line is that the staff does not wish to spend hours every day enforcing the photo size rule. So we will look for the most effective way to remedy the issue. It isn't personal, and only on the rare occasion has anyone received an official warning for repeated violation.

9. Gale Kakumei

Gale Kakumei Kenkyuusei

[x]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  10. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    If you just insert the URL you can't make thumbnails. You have to upload the pic and then you can choose full size or thumbnail.

11. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I would like for this one rule to be reviewed. Like, how long should a user wait until he can post back-to-back, especially for example when the users' posts are focused on updates of a member's activities. I find it slightly a bit daring when a mod made a remark that users have self-policed themselves, but still have to abide by the forum rules, when the mod himself has posted back-to-back in less than 3 days period of time. I really don't mind if the posts were about updates and news, and I do mind if the consecutive posts were simply replies to different users' post, but I just find it a bit daring to remark that users has self-policed ourselves when he himself didn't follow the rules per se.

I apologize if I offended anyone. I'm just trying to have a clear image of this one rule.

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    First off, I think you are misunderstnding what "self-policing" means since you seem to take exception to that term. It is actually a compliment. What I was referring to was the fact that members had already commented to one another that they should be editing their posts rather than flooding the thread.

Second, I am not sure where you are getting the "three days" from. Granted, the rule is unclear on what the length of time should be. However, nowhere does it say three days.

Third, you have answered your own question. And I quote...

We absolutely concur with that statement. And since you accuse me of being "daring" for enforcing a rule which in your eyes I violate, I would ask you to point out where I did anything other than what you agree is an acceptable form of double post. For example, If Wasamin does two events on the weekend and I get Saturday's report late in the day and Sunday's early in the day I am not going to hold the info for hours to make sure 24 hours have passed, nor am I going to stuff that information into the previous day's event post.

Look, there is no hard and fast rule about what the time parameter should be between posts. I mean we say 24 hours, but it isn't set in stone. It is more of a guideline than a rule. We have let posts go that were 20 hours apart. However, what I can tell you is 99% of the time when we enforce the flooding rule it is because the posts came within an hour of one another AND they do exactly what you point out. They are replying to multiple posters, or making consecutive short comments. In other words, doing something that could easily be done in one post.

As we said before, use your own good judgement.

13. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

In short...

Post, sleep, post again = Good
    Post, 24 seconds later, post again = Bad

The edit button is VERY useful [hehe]

14. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I know you are kinda kidding around Wil, but there is truth to your quip. In almost every instance of thread flooding that we have enforced the person in question posted in rapid succession. It wasn't a question of "I wonder if it has been long enough".

15. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Yeah... all my years experience as a mod, my quip has magnifying tremendously. :^^;:

16. Gale Kakumei

Gale Kakumei Kenkyuusei

v Exactly, a week is used as an example. I can see how it could refer to consecutive events, but it could also be taken as a time frame for posts. It goes either way.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  17. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Well, I got the gist of the rule more or less. As I said, I just had a little disagreement? with the remark. I apologize if I misjudged the tone of the post.

Hmmm... about the three days, well, I remember there were back-to-back posts on Wasamin thread and the time frame seemed close. I did check again, but did not bother to count how many hours the difference was, for the posts made within two consecutive date. So I just put in three days and the example did mention a week (but yeah, I know that that's not the exact time limit) and I did thought of using "...even less than three days", but ended up not. Oh well.

But still, it would be nice for the time limit to be specified.

18. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    I also have a question on this rule, actually a couple or remarks really.

I posted twice on the same forum within minutes I admit freely, one message was to answer another post and the next one to show a video taken at an event. In my mind it was distinct messages, different subjects, not linked therefore not posted together.

I would have appreciated if a mod contacted me to tell me rather than edit my messages to turn them into a single one. I find this very rude and I'm very concerned that mods can go and edit posts they do not approve of. Breaking the rules is irrelevant, either delete it or leave it be.

The only trace was this message : Mod note: BigPaddy, please stop double-posting. You can go back and edit your previous post. Thank you.

In not a kid anymore and I would prefer to be told in person rather than having my messages changed anonymously behind my back. I mostly post on a couple of forums these days but this does not make me feel very comfortable posting anymore.

19. Gale Kakumei

Gale Kakumei Kenkyuusei

I feel the exact same way. I mentioned it before, but I guess it isn't considered a big deal. Mods escaping the responsibility of explanation by being invasive just seems wrong, and very off-putting.
    On this forum your posts will be deleted, edited or flagged without even an ounce of warning or explanation.
    (I am honestly tired of how wonky this forum is, so I'm not filtering my words anymore)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  20. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

It's true that on some forums mods may engage direct dialog before using moderative actions, but you need to realize that it's not always an option. The size of this forum makes it difficult for mods to handle every special snowflake with silky gloves. Using a common sense and your own good judgement is more than encouraged. If in doubt, by observing how others post and pass through information to this forum can teach a lot.

@BigPaddy_FR and @Gale Kakumei
    Most respectfully... What exactly are you asking for? Explanation why mods use their toolbox to keep the forum running within the boundaries set by the forums rules? Have you been moderated so frequently that it feels invasive? If so, is the problem really in the way you've been moderated or rather that you've been moderated in the first place?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.