1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NFL - American Football - Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Bushido, Aug 31, 2014.

1. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Goodbye Peyton. One of the greats in the NFL.

2. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

The broncos forum is pretty funny... during the season there was so much arguing over Brock and Peyton on who should start or who is better and stuff like that... I mean it was like 10 times worse than any "who should be center argument" IMO. Now both are gone and people are still arguing. And they are even arguing about Tebow again. LOL.

3. Selinie

Selinie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    I just hope this will turn out okay in the end.
    I'm afraid Trevor will still be inexperienced; I mean, he just joined and has only played a quarter in the Steelers game in the regular season.

4. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    The T-man really, I thought this was a football forum ?? Seriously if someone like Manziel for instance had half or Tebow's dedication and work ethics he'd be a starter.

For the Broncos, what are your thoughts on getting Kap ?

5. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ Kap would be great... better than RG3 IMO. So crazy though... Broncos went from Tebow to Peyton/Brock to... *drum roll* ...Mark Sanchez. :fp: GM John Elway is more crazy than Kevin Costner from that Draft Day movie. :^^;: LOL. A month ago if you had asked me who had a better shot to make it back to the Super Bowl I would have said Denver... no doubt. Now I actually think Carolina has a better shot.

6. Selinie

Selinie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    I know right. I'm now just praying that Trevor will turn out to be the next Brady. First we release Owen Daniels and then Trevathan, Malik Jackson, and even Brock left. If Anderson leaves... my Broncos would be in danger.

7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

8. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ No #18 anymore, so I find myself not caring as much... or at all... anymore. :^^;: For so long I rooted for New England to lose every week just so Peyton didn't have to play them at Foxboro come playoff time. Gonna be a weird feeling not checking the Patriots' score after every game.

Oh yah... btw... IMO... L.A. Rams = dumb dumbs :hehe:

9. Selinie

Selinie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    Please just let us prove to the NFL that we're still in the race now that Manning has left. :worthy:

10. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ LOL. What are you talking about? EVERYBODY knows that Wade Phillips and the Broncos' D carried Manning to a Superbowl win. Heck... the Broncos won a Division title and a playoff game with Tebow... TEBOW! Broncos have nothing to prove IMO.

11. Selinie

Selinie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    Doesn't stop people from underestimating us. Now does it.

12. peterthepickle

peterthepickle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Just one more week of preseason football to go! Just a reminder- the regular season kicks off on Thursday, September 8 with Panthers at Broncos. Looking forward to it!

As always, go Chargers! Hopefully we win a divisional game this year.

13. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Football season is back! Saw the Panthers-Broncos rematch game. My goodness, it was quite a mess! Cam Newton gets whacked (why did the refs not rule him out for concussion!?), Trevor Siemian starts for the first time ever, and the Broncos, down 17-7, came back and held off the Panthers 21-20 after Gano MISSES a potentially game-winning field goal after Broncos called a timeout before he tried to kick...

ICED IT

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  14. Selinie

Selinie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    We won again. That game nearly gave me a heart attack.

15. TCS Kennedy

TCS Kennedy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamuramahiro
    What happened to Cam last night felt absolutely criminal. And to have Darian Stewart's helmet-to-helmet offset (and for anyone that says he didn't launch himself better look at that play again) by intentional grounding, what a f***ing joke. Brandon Marshall not getting penalized... well... Not gonna feel sorry if any of the Broncos D gets injured from other teams cut blocking.
    ... at least Brandon's sponsorship got cut cuz he knelt during the anthem :rofl:. Even though he has his right to kneel during the anthem, but karma's quite the female dog... (Pssst, hey Brandon, you wanna know how it feels like when someone launches their helmet against your head?)

... and the NFL officials are bloody terrible. Obvious case for the concussion protocol to take into effect but then again, when a dude that beats his gf gets the same suspension as deflating bloody footballs, for me to think that the NFL has any level of competency is utterly foolish.

Oh, to make sure no one forgets the crap Cam had to go through

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  16. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Gosh, what a day of football! Our Seahawks got away with a win in the final 30 seconds...despite our QB Russell Wilson got hurt midway in the game! Just unbelievable. Hopefully Dangeruss will get better soon for the tough Rams defense, which they're playing not in St. Louis, but Los Angeles now...

As for LA, they're playing San Fran (49ers) tomorrow night, after the Washington-Pittsburgh game. Wanted to watch the Giants-Cowboys nailbiter...but can't because of the Seahawks! (>_<) Heard Cowboys messed up with time management at the end that prevented a game-winning field goal attempt.

The Jets, the other NY team, got their win taken away by the Bengals late as well, and the Lions outduel the Colts, while the Kansas City Chiefs, the remaining Missouri team, came back against the Chargers and win in overtime!

But did you hear about Oakland Raiders, who scored a touchdown, then decided they're going for two and the win against the Saints?! That's insane!

Looks like the Tampa Bay Bucs are the big surprise team in the AFC South after winning against the Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans surprisingly lose to Oakland above, and the controversial Panthers loss.

And then the Sunday night game between New England and Arizona...no Brady? No Gronk? Well, it was quite a back-and-forth game, until Arizona tried to take the lead with less than a minute left in the game...and then all of a sudden Chandler Catanzaro, kicker for the Cardinals, misses it...absolute shocker for a team that has Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald (who now has 100 TDs in his career) and a great defense, only to be outlasted by a Brady-less and Gronk-less Patriots that was led by Jimmy Garoppolo (hard to spell)...unbelievable! Another NBC game, another game that came down to a failed kick! :eek:

Man, quite some close games to start off the NFL season with quite some surprises at the end of Sunday...
    • AFC East: Pats the lone winner when the other teams in the division, who were trying to capitalize on Tom Brady's suspension, loses...
    • AFC South, NFC North: All matchups were NFC North at AFC South, with all games went to the NFC North - that is, unless if you're the Chicago Bears, which continues to struggle, as Houston Texans win, so this means the Texans lead the way in the AFC South, while the Bears is the lone one out in the NFC North...
    • AFC West: San Diego Chargers lone one without a win in the division after giving up a 21-point lead to the Kansas City Chiefs in a divisional matchup (above) while Denver and Oakland get away with wins against NFC South teams...
    • NFC South: Again, the Bucs after defeating Falcons in a divisional matchup and the Saints and Panthers losses...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  17. peterthepickle

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Yeah, there were some great games today. Thanks for reminding me about the Chargers blowing a 24-3 lead... we pretty much stopped playing in the 4th quarter lol. The Pats will be fine without Brady because of their great coaching staff... and yeah, the Raiders game was definitely surprising (along with the Lions-Colts shootout). Looking forward to the two Monday night games!

18. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Seahawks keep losing to the Rams. (And, yes, the Rams are back in Los Angeles.) I can't really stand this... :asdfgh:

19. peterthepickle

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    How did the Seahawks only put up 3 points against the Rams? Well, at least LA can celebrate now. The throwback uniforms were nice too.

In other news, the Chargers beat the Jags 38-14 and looked great doing so. Casey Hayward was a nice pickup for us - he had two picks today. Melvin Gordon looked good too and broke 100 yards for the first time.

The Patriots won, but Jimmy Garoppolo went down with a shoulder injury in the second quarter. He probably won't play against the Texans on Thursday.

20. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Haven't been updating for a while...but after week 5, there's only one undefeated team remaining in the NFL - that's the Minnesota Vikings. The others lost - two last week (Patriots and Ravens), and another two today (Eagles and Broncos).

Those Falcons...Seahawks, better watch out. They're pretty dangerous.

And, hey, Tom Brady is back! But what about Cam Newton...he got whacked again last week??? (He's not going to be able to play tomorrow night against Tampa Bay, and the fact that the Panthers are 1-3, they're in an unusual position once again...)