1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Omori Miyu (Miyupon) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    The tickets for every performance of "Amenochi Hare" were sold out today (21st February) around noon JST! Hopefully this play will bring Miyupon into the attention of many more casual people, and some of them might become interested in supporting her further.

2. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Miyupon's recent 755 messages reveal her unexpected quirkiness: the smiling alpaca from last Friday depicts her mood that day, and the photo of the smiling chimpanzee from last Saturday is captioned "Today's Miyupon". After someone commented what a wonderful smile the chimpanzee aka Miyupon has, she replied "Isn't it? (^^) Among all the animals, this one is the closest to me ( ̄▽ ̄)"

3. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Miyupon wrote about the Next Generation senbatsu to her G+ today:
    -------------------------------------------------
    Konbanpon☆

This comes a bit late, but the coupling songs' MVs of the new single were revealed at the handshake event the other day!

This time there was the Next Generation senbatsu. It was full of AKB members, but I couldn't get in...

If I got in, I would of course be happy,
    and if I didn't get in, I'd try harder...
    … I don't think about it like that.
    If I had to choose between getting in and not getting in, of course my passion is to be selected.

I haven't written about my feelings that much, but in any event, by sharing my troubles with everyone I'll get more power, which is why I decided to write this post.

It's one thing to have such results and support that one will surely get selected, but I think the most important thing to have is enthusiasm.

It may be that I'm thought to be unenthusiastic and to be lacking that zeal.
    That's why I want to re-examine my activities more and more,
    do trial-and-error, and then go forward with everyone's power.

When we'll get this chance again, my goal is entering the selection.

Even if I'm like this, please support me, everyone!✨
    [​IMG]

4. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Congrats Miyupon for getting a role in a stage play ^-^/ That's a great news! and she is the lead role too! I don't know how much this can help with her popularity, but I hope she can get more popular from this. Anyway, it will be a good experience for sure! and I think Miyupon could have a good career in stage plays and musicals (since she has a nice voice, she could do musicals too!).

It's sad that Miyupon wasn't selected for the Next Gen song in the new single. :/ Honestly I don't understand why management doesn't push her? She is really "idol"-like, from her looks to her singing and everything. I feel like if Miyupon was in another group (like, I could see her in H!P group) she would be the kind of members who is pushed, because she's a good singer and cute. I don't know what she needs to do for AKB management to push her more...

5. Nclm

Nclm Kenkyuusei

Obviously because there are other "new" girls that management's favored. I guess the management don't really care about the singing skill when it comes to idol popularity (in this case let's just see Takeuchi Miyu who got the "singing-skill" too as example). I don't really know what the reason is but probably lack of variety?
    The only way I could think of to make management push her is her rank on next sousenkyo.
    ------------
    Anyway thanks for the G+ translation @Kuura, it helped us to know Miyupon's feeling about the next single.

6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'm not sure that it's the reason, because some girls in the Next Gen senbatsu are already on the a-side song... if management wanted they could give a spot for Miyupon, but the didn't :/ It's true that Takeuchi Miyu is a good singer but she used to be pushed though, in team 4. It's just that she didn't get popular so they stop pushing her. Anyway, I wonder why they are not giving a little more opportunities to Miyupon. It's not only that she's a good singer but she's cute too, she could get more popular. well, for now it's already great that she gets the chance to appear in a stage play!!! ^-^/

7. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Today's Miyupon G+:
    ------------------------------
    Konbanpon(^^)

My hayfever's been harsh lately( ; ; )
    Eye medicine in one hand, I can't move away from the tissue box...
    (crying aloud)...

Well, it isn't as bad as I've made it seem to be←
    But I'm not feeling refreshed at all?

Anyone suffering from the same thing?( ; ; )( ; ; )

[​IMG]
    --------------------------------
    I've sometimes pondered about the reasons for Miyupon not being more popular, and I've thought of these ones:
    • she doesn't do much gravure - it seems she isn't that willing to show off her body in bikinis (might be because of her shyness and ambition to be "a classic idol")
    • she isn't selling out many handshake slots - since I haven't gone to her handshakes myself, I can't know the reason for this
    • she appears to be quite demure and reserved (in a good way, like a "shy and pure girl-next-door" idol), so she doesn't naturally push herself to everyone's attention and to the frontlines (for example in variety)
    • she doesn't have a very memorable variety personality (she's quite reserved in talk shows etc., but lately she's been trying to speak up more ie. in Ariyoshi)
    I might sound like I'm just pointing out her flaws, but it's because I like her so much that I want to think about her possibilities and what she should do to improve. I'm not saying she should suddenly do lots more gravure or become an entirely different personality, though - I hope she can find out her own way of doing things, improve and still be the adorable and slightly air-headed Miyupon we all know! :blush:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  8. hilmanelric

hilmanelric Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    thank you for G+ translation!

while i agree with your points but there are always exceptions, Nogizaka are popular with their classic idol image and rarely if ever do bikini shots
    and handshake slots are not always relate to their handshake skill, everyone knows Paruru is terrible at handshake but still sold out her handshake slots
    for the last two she can improve it like Naachan, it's depend on the experience though, and she rarely appear on variety

i always think it related to luck, because there are some member with similiar traits but one is more popular than another

9. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Actually, I've thought before that she'd fit in Nogizaka quite well - she adores Nishino Nanase, has said that she wants to be the "good old classical idol" and (at least sometimes) has this reserved and refined air about her which I think is quite prominent in Nogi. The only problem here is that Miyupon's group is now AKB, which has many popular members who are more active in gravure, variety and handshakes. But as you said, those three things aren't everything. Miyupon just hasn't had that much good luck until now: she was even promoted way after the other 12th gen members (Yukarun was also a "late-bloomer" in this sense).

10. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    Miyupon in Nogi would be awesome :3

Sent with Taptalk

11. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Miyupon will appear in a live broadcast of a TV program called "Arigato!" tomorrow at 12~2 pm JST. Apparently it's a program on a local channel of Kanagawa. I couldn't find any streaming links for it, but hopefully someone uploads the program somewhere afterwards.

12. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    Miyu performed Kimi wa Melody as part of Next Generation on AKBingo ^.^

Sent with Taptalk

13. Nclm

Nclm Kenkyuusei

If Miyupon is Nogi and not AKB member, I wouldn't know her tbh as I don't follow much of sister nor rival 48 group.
    Well, Renacchi is a "late-bloomer" member too despite being pushed back then. For Miyupon's case, she's still young now and we can pretty much wait for her turn in the future (hopefully).

14. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
  15. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr

if the video does not show watch the video here

Sent with Taptalk

16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

17. skullhoof

skullhoof Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    omorimiyuu
    I was googling Miyupon's Kanji name and found this article last year http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASH6D7WZZH6DUCVL021.html, which I haven't seen before so I want to share with Pon chan fans. Also include a video of her interview and photo set. She's just too cute.

Here's is one of the shot. Not skilled enough to extract the full set.
    AS20150615004508_comm.jpg

18. tofunoodle

tofunoodle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
  19. skullhoof

skullhoof Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    omorimiyuu
  20. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Sorry for keeping a radio silence for a while in this thread! I've consciously stayed away from AKB, since I became disillusioned with these selections of Kimi wa Melody's B-sides and now the summer single's senbatsu. I've always known that Miyupon isn't high on management's list and she might not be the kind of character who brings the most money to the table and stands out the most (this is a business, after all), but despite knowing those things and having supported Ponchan in my own way up until now, I kind of grew tired of all the mechanisms within AKB and decided to take a break. When the 44th single and the sousenkyo were announced this week (?), I noticed how unenthusiastic I was about the whole thing.

Nevertheless, though the situation might not change and Ponchan might stay as a theater girl for her whole AKB career, I just can't completely ignore her. Right now I'm facing a dilemma: I'd really like to show my support to Ponchan during SSK, but on the other hand I'm fed up with the whole circus around SSK.

Sorry for the long rant! I just had to get that out of my system. I guess the next step would be to watch the Kankou Taishi featuring Ponchan, and take my time figuring out how to support her in the future.