1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[Guide] How to play Nogikoi on your iPhone

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Under The Ribbon, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Mods, I realize there is already a Nogikoi thread, but I want this to be easy to find. Please do whatever you feel is best. Merge it with the existing thread if you think that's for the best, but I think it would be helpful if this was stickied to the top somehow.

This is a guide on how to install and play Nogikoi, the mobile dating game, on your IOS. The guide is targeted towards foreigners primarily. I am in the United States and this has been tested to work fine here.
    • You do NOT need to use a VPN, or install any other programs
    • You do NOT need a Japanese credit card, or a credit card of any sort for that matter. But obviously, this does also mean you will not be able to do any micro-transactions within the game.
    Please do not reply until I'm finished with the guide!

First, you need an iTunes account tied to the Japanese iTunes store. I might update the guide with screenshots later, but for now I will just walk you through the process. The interface WILL be in Japanese. Unfortunately, if you don't know enough Japanese to follow this guide, then you probably won't be able to enjoy the game at all as it is VERY text heavy. In which case, it might be better off for you to wait for a sub team to work on this game.

I highly recommend that you register your Japanese iTunes account using a web browser on your computer. It is how I did it so I can confirm it to work. When I tried doing it on my iPhone, there was an unskippable part where I had to enter credit card information.

Go here for the Japanese iTunes page. The top right corner will have a drop-down menu where the bottom option is "Sign in". Follow the link. You will see an option to the right for registering a new Apple ID.

Now, before Nogikoi launched, there was a pre-launch campaign where if you registered, you could receive a small head-start in game. If you did do that, you might want to make sure your new Apple ID is using the same e-mail address.

When registering, you will be asked to enter your resident Prefecture, City, Postal Code, and such. Personally, I just went with Tokyo / 100-0001 / and entered a random address. You will also be asked for a phone number. I used 080 5555555. They will accept pretty much anything that fits the right format, but obviously you'll want to avoid using someone's actual address / phone number.

There will be a payment option section. It should be set to "none" by default. Leave it.

You will be sent a confirmation e-mail. Enter the code you get and your jp Apple ID should be good to go.

Now go to your iPhone/iPad or whatever you're playing the game on. Go to Settings and make sure you log in with your new Japanese Apple ID. Go to the Apps store and search for 乃木恋. Download and enjoy!

[​IMG]

I might update this thread with walkthroughs / tips later. But also feel free to share your own gameplay experiences!

And... one more thing.

You can register friends in this game. There is a mission to "Like" everyone on your friend list, which gives you in-game currency. My in-game ID is 3781482197 if you want to add me :mail:. Post your IDs here too if you want. There is a limit of 20 people for your friend list.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2016
  2. Alvin chipmunks

Alvin chipmunks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    i downloaded it! but i don't understand a thing. gonna play it anyway! hahaha!

3. bmdyon

bmdyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    So it automatically connects with your gree account?

^forget that. just got email saying they will send the pre-registration winnings in the gift box!

Friend ID is 1989922908

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  4. yukaXJ

yukaXJ Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    yuka4846
    Still figuring out the controls and features. My nihongo knowledge is not that great but at least i can read some.
    After playing for a few hours, its kinda fun lol
    Hopefully someone can explain more detail about this game~
    My friend ID : 1958473498

5. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I have no idea what I am doing in this game. I can't understand anything except for the one time I believe my character said, "Good morning." After that, I just tapped away. Luckily I have no money in my Japan iTunes account that may easily be charged.

6. Robert Lim

Robert Lim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    Hey there Everyone! Downloaded and started playing so addicting my ID is 1794636742 feel free to add!

7. thetimeisnow_

thetimeisnow_ Kenkyuusei

Hey got a question..I cant seem to win ライブ mode most of the time..is it because my stats are too low?

8. Robert Lim

Robert Lim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    Yeah you gotta level up your idols it is a big difference when you level them up. The Dumbbells are for experience boosts but you can also use character cards you don't want. I'm currently trying to figure out how you evolve them to a higher star haha

9. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

The game definitely likes to stack the odds against you. 90% of the time I'm playing against people at least 5 levels higher than me. Often I'm matched with lvl 20 people as a lvl 10 player, and I'm just like... are you serious?

BUT it doesn't mean you can't win though. My largest win-streak so far is 11 wins and I did it without spending any money on the game. I don't even have a single 7-star card, in fact :cry:

[​IMG]

I don't think you can evolve a card more than 1 level above its original rank (which is done by combining it with another card of the same kind). So don't get too attached to any 1-star cards. The game will start to give you a 5-star card for each perfect storyline though.

10. Zebookworm

Zebookworm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    melonchawan
    How did you get so many gold coins?

It's like most games that are on a card based system. You need two of the same card. If you have that click on メンバー at the bottom. Then click on レッスン 才能開花。When on this menu click on 才能開花. On this screen it will give you the options of the cards that you can upgrade. After that you click on the member you want to upgrade. It will take you to another menu where you have to scroll down and find the matching card. One done hit the button in the middle and you should be done :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2016
  11. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

I just never spent any of the coins I earned.

...until that new premium campaign, which tricked me into blowing a chunk of it, and I got nothing but 3 stars :asdfgh:

Never again.

12. Zebookworm

Zebookworm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    melonchawan
    I've only received about 500 coins in total.

13. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

You get coins for daily logins, plus for every storyline you complete with a "good" or better.

14. tofunoodle

tofunoodle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    my id is 1492180133

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  15. Necco

Necco Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Mines 0591151724 if anyone wants to add me

16. Alvin chipmunks

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    image.png image.png image.png can someone help me translate what she is saying? i just choose randomly when there are questions. hahaha....

17. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

She's asking you if you're having trouble settling in to your new school.

You get these text messages after finishing oshimen story chapters. I don't think the answer you choose actually affects anything other than the response you get, and you can't change anything afterwards. That being said, I do try to pick the answer that makes me sound the nicest.

18. Alvin chipmunks

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    ^thanks! now i wish there is an english version of this! hahaha...

19. bmdyon

bmdyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Does anyone know if there's a reward for evolving every card? Or should I just get rid of the ones that I don't want?

20. sicaxav

sicaxav Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    How do you evolve the cards in the first place... I have no idea what I'm doing in the game