Single AKB48 44th [Tsubasa wa Iranai] (2016/06/01)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by sakurazaki, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Sayanee looks gorgeous with longer hair! Really suits her... kind of softens her tough-as-nails image... ;)

Btw, as far as the 44th single itself goes, other than the A-side I'm really enjoying Team 4's and Team 8's songs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  2. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    The performances are decent for me.. But I'm on the minority that loves TwI, the lyrics and the feel..

For B-sides, I like all, even NGT's song is starting to sound better to me

• Like Like x 1
  3. Syae-Project

Syae-Project Kenkyuusei

I really love this song from the first time I heard it...

• Like Like x 1
  4. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    No surprise, #1 for the week, approximately 1.441 million counted during the first week (subject to rounding).

25th consecutive and 26th overall million-selling single.

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2072926/full/

5. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    hmm, so it seems oricon is going through a mid-life crisis and doesn't really know what their purpose is. do they want to count purely sales? or popularity? like SteCola said, Billboard already counts popularity right? because they do different rankings for youtube views, digital downloads, tweet mentions...so oricon needs to sit down and think about where they ought to fit in to this.

6. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    I was taught earlier in this thread that Billboard actually includes the full sale numbers (no 20+ rule)

7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Not entirely false, and not entirely true. Billboard does not actually do the counting. They track and report the numbers. For CD sales, Billboard Japan gets it's numbers from SoundScan.

Billboard tracks many metrics, such as cd sales, radio plays, YT views, ect., and have separate lists for most.

8. SaltXcSS

SaltXcSS Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

A bit off topic from the current conversation... I figured out who's who in Team's A, B, + 4's songs. I just want to know who's who in Team K (It will take me really long to identify Team 8)? Has it been covered yet on this thread?

All I know is in the 1st verse, there's Mion + Sayanee followed by Haruppi, then Miichan + Tomu, then Tanochan + (i think) Naana (according to some of the past posts w/ teasers, she's in Kami7 of Team K)

In the 2nd verse, there were three girls for each line, but I only recognized Ikumin + Ayanan (not the third), then Haruu + Harukyan (not the third), then Moechan + Yuami (not the third). I couldn't recognize the last three.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  9. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Can you put it in the color code format? I might be able to fill the rest in but right now, I'm so confused about what you just said.

Edit: Can you also include when they appear? (For the ones that you don't know)

10. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    I just watched the MV(not the full drama ver.) and I liked it. The beginning is a little uncomfortable, but it gets better. I actually love the song although somehow, other than the setting, it doesn't seems to fit with the mv. I'm not a fan of those "let's all sing together" scenes either but they are watchable and most of the girls got screentime thanks to it. I still think that we needed a more "classic" summer song, but at the end I'm happy enough to start thinking about which type I want, too bad I can't get the single before the sousenkyo.

11. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Will there ever be another ''SUMMER BIKINI SONG'' or are those days gone forever?

12. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yeah I suppose since it seems like management is trying to save money by not sending the group overseas like how they did in the past.

Btw, SNH's new original summer single "Dream Land", was shot in Africa. It looks like they had a high budget to make the PV.

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. richard durbano

Forgive my ignorance concerning Japan's geography, but isn't it an island nation? Aren't there white sand/blue water beaches ANYWHERE in Japan like there are in Guam or Hawaii? Don't the Japanese go to the beach on vacations? Sorry if I'm a little off-topic here.

14. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Uhhhhhhhhhh

Not gonna lie, this might be my favorite 48G PV ever made. SNH has been killing it lately, from their brand new SII stage to their imaginative and creative PVs, to their costumes and new songs... meanwhile AKB has more or less been spinning its wheels in the same old tired boring mud. Where is the money? Can't say that fans aren't spending it, so where's it going? Where is the creativity? AKB has put out only a handful of good/notable songs and PVs in the past couple years, and almost nothing that had a wide fan consensus of "this is really good". However, there's a pretty wide consensus that nogizaka is getting all the good songs (can't really argue with that, even though it's personal preference). Where are the fucking new stages that were promised years ago, and they keep on promising to keep fans salivating? Yes, stages are hard to make, and time consuming, but when you look at how many original stages were rolled out from the group's inception up to 2010, it makes it pretty obvious that every group (not even every team, but every GROUP) should at least have 1 original stage by now, yet HKT hasn't even gotten one. It's not just getting old, but it's been old. It seems like AKB is stagnating very badly. It could be doing things much better.

but i was still waiting for one of those lions to bite someone lol

Having them travel still costs money, even if it is within Japan. You send 32 girls + staff members to Okinawa or even to the Tokyo beaches (I'm assuming they exist lol) and that's more money than if you stick them in the middle of a street somewhere.

Lately, it seems like management has preferred to spend money on outside talent as guest stars rather than on improving its own operation.

15. richard durbano

I always thought the summer bikini songs would be a constant as long as there was an AKB. Shows you what I know. They were great, though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

For the close-up scenes (With the whole "heads in the middle of flowers" weird thing), from left to right, it would be:
    0:38 - Kodama Haruka, Mukaichi Mion, Yamamoto Sayaka
    0:44 - Minegishi Minami, Muto Tomu
    0:49 - Fujita Nana, Tano Yuka
    1:50 - Mogi Shinobu, Nakano Ikumi, Shinozaki Ayana
    1:57 - Shimada Haruka, Ishida Haruka, Abe Maria
    2:00 - Yumoto Ami, Aigasa Moe, Ichikawa Manami
    2:05 - Suzuki Mariya, Shimoguchi Hinana, Nakata Chisato

Edit: For Team 8 it would be (Considering the school close-up scenes)
    0:36 - Oguri Yui, Yamada Nanami, Kuranoo Narumi
    0:48 - Nakano Ikumi, Sakaguchi Nagisa, Sato Nanami
    1:05 - Tanikawa Hijiri, Yokoyama Yui, Okabe Rin
    1:09 - Sato Shiori, Nagano Serika, Ota Nao
    1:14 - Hitomi Kotone, Oda Erina, Honda Hitomi, Yokomichi Yuri
    1:45 - Yoshikawa Nanase, Chou Kurena, Shitao Miu
    1:52 - Miyazato Rira, Hama Sayuna, Gyouten Yurina
    2:01 - Hayasaka Tsugumi, Kita Reina, Tani Yuri, Yoshida Karen
    2:04 - Mogi Kasumi, Kondo Moeri, Onishi Momoka
    2:11 - Shimizu Maria, Abe Mei, Yaguchi Moka
    2:18 - Takahashi Ayane, Yamamoto Ruka, Yamamoto Ai, Hashimoto Haruna (sitting)
    2:20 - Hamamatsu Riona, Fukuchi Rena, Shimoaoki Karin
    2:21 - Hirose Natsuki, Takaoka Kaoru, Hidaritomo Ayaka
    2:24 - Iwasaki Moeka, Yoshino Miyu

17. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I have to agree that AKB's singles have been lacking compared 46G singles, where you can tell the difference in the quality of the songs. Even SNH's Dream Land sounds more catchy compared to Tsubasa wa Iranai imo. I watched SNH's new original stage and I was pretty impressed by it, especially the unit songs. (glad they didn't go the kpop route with the stage) Wouldn't it be awesome if one of the Japanese groups translated SNH's new original to Japanese and performed that instead of reviving ancient AKB stages. Sadly that would never happen since Aki-P wouldn't get nothing out of it, plus he didn't write the stage...

You never know but the lions probably ate one of the staff. [hehe]

18. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I agree that this SNH song is very catchy and fresh... I don't really like their wearing the bikinis, though... they're too skinny and child-like I feel like I'm being a pedophile just looking at them... [hehe]

Great song, anyway!

19. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

AKB48's 44th Single (Tsubasa wa Iranai) (1st Week Sales)
    Week 1:
    1,440,711 (1st)

20. Cakula

Cakula Kenkyuusei

Unboxing AKB48 44th Single "Tsubasa wa iranai" Type-A with voting ticket Senbatsu sousenkyo 45th Single

if the video does not show watch the video here