1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] THE HKT48 thread!

Discussion in 'General HKT48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 27, 2011.

1. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Why are they always performing the same song? I don't get it.

2. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^All the groups in that segment performed their most popular summer song (except keyaki, because silent majority doesn't give off summer vibes lol) or a song you can party to, or would hear at a party, or their most popular song. Melon Juice happens to cover all of those boxes.

3. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

^Or Melon juice is their only Raise-the-roof song that doesn't sound too kiddy? :^^;:

About Hanachan being center for the new single. I don't understand the decision. Sakura, Haruppi aren't developed yet, they take Han who didn't rank in SSK as center. I partially understand a pull back from Sakura, but that and dropping both Sakura and Haruppi for Hanachan is a bit too extreme I think. But then, maybe management has numbers that compel them to make the decisions they make.

4. DodobusuAntonioDD

DodobusuAntonioDD Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Tbh, I'm not a fan of Hana-chan push either. I think the Goto effect was too strong. It feels like she is being favored for no reason. Maybe if she had some more accomplishments to talk about maybe it would feel different.

5. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

Deleted video for alternative: 2:21 - 8:00 Matsuoka Hana & Kumazawa Serina segment
    http://48videodouga.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-3590.html

Note: FISHBOY, I hated you.

6. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Hanachan has been selling HS quite well. She sells out her slots, which is quite an accomplishment for someone who joined HKT not too long ago.

but yeah that Goto-san effect seems to be giving her a tremendous amount of momentum. I don't mind the air-drop center move. I liked it when NMB did it with Riripon, and I hope Hana is able to deliver in a similar capacity.

7. kkitty

kkitty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuriharasae
    Really unfortunate that she won't be a HKT member anymore. Makes me wonder why these girls are revealed before issues with agencies are resolved.

8. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    Apparently she said on her application that she wasn't tied to an agency, and they've discovered that was false at the time.

She graduated from Hakata Minyon sweet at the end of March, and I think the cut off for 4th gen applications was April 1st, right? She probably submitted her application before that, and I'm assuming her contract with avex didn't end as soon as she graduated. Even though she clearly graduated so she could audition for HKT, I guess there was enough overlap that it created a conflict of interest? That's a shame, I wonder if she'll join another group.

9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

The fact that she is graduated without even getting her own thread here is a shame too. Ironic even.:rolleyes:

I guess that's what happen when girl didn't fill her application truthfully. From what I saw on the official post, HKT was clueless as well regarding this agency thing and decide to terminate the contract early. I say it's unfortunate but a necessary evil to do.

10. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    Did HKT ever performed Dakishimeraretara?It's something that I would like to see!I don't know if it would ever be performed in the theater!

11. saki48

saki48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Sasshi/Lovetan/Rikopi have performed that song during Zenkoku Tour, iirc.

12. SoothingEarthDragon

SoothingEarthDragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    I have a feeling that Hana's sudden popularity explosion is going to be followed by dropping quickly. Giving her a shot at center now guarantees she will never drop too far... she isn't going to end up like Lovetan or Myao or Nonchan or other lolis who peaked around age 14-15 and then plummeted in the rankings afterwards because no one who is ever been a center of an A-side even once has ever fallen very far at all. But I think it is likely she is going to end up like Meru. Permanently gets to be a part of everything forever more, but those massive expectations for her right now are just... not going to pan out.

Also, Hana's center suggests to me that after all the effort they put into building up Nako and Miku-- AKB kenin, duets and solo songs, giving her more screen time than anyone else since before she was even a member, they have pretty much given up on them despite them actually having finally ranked in this year. They spent so long trying to make Nako the future superstar of AKB48 group and just when she starts showing momentum... they dump her for the new flirty loli.

I also have to wonder if Goto was specifically instructed to make a big deal about Hana on Odekake. That it was all part of the marketing scheme from the beginning.

13. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

On the Nako-Miku part, I say it's more like objective completed rather than given up. They finally have SSK rank, which indicate a decent following for each of them. Which means they already past the take-off phase onto the stability phase.
    At this point, what Nako-Miku needed is not a consecutive push, but loyal fanbase through up and down of the journey.

No comment on Hana, let her current HS sales speak for herself.

14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Uchida Mayumi would disagree with this. :fear:

15. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

That's pretty much it, good explanation! NakoMiku are so young that they have maybe 5 to 7 more years (at least) with the group so there is plenty of time to groom one or both of them for future long-term centre. I'm guessing that Haruppi will probably graduate in 2-3 years time so there will be a gap in the front line for one of them to move into. Sasshi will probably be gone in that time frame as well so that's another front-5 position that will open up.

16. SoothingEarthDragon

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Right, but they have been building up a Nako-Miku double center for over two years, since the moment those two arrived.

It is one thing to put Hana into the senbatsu, I knew they were going to just to give Team TII someone in the senbatsu... But to turn around and give her center out of no where when she hasn't been around anywhere near long enough to have possibly earned it?
    Maybe she is in fad at the moment. But whatever popularity she has clearly came about in the last two months as she failed to rank in during the sousenkyo. A sudden boost in popularity totally undeserved is certain to be followed by an inevitable drop back down afterwards.

Also, I can guarantee this is a zero-sum game so I would like to know whose fans are totally abandoning them for Hana right now and why.

17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Meru called, said hi.

HS popularity and SSK rank don't follow on that quickly, it can take a year or 2 for HS results to translate to SSK votes. The idea is to solidify her HS results with wider exposure now.

Who says anyone is abandoning anyone for Hana?

18. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

They still building up the narrative as usual in the fandom. Just entering new chapter after the SSK.
    Two months is too short to tell a trend is declining or rising. Could lead to fallacy. Again, no comment.
    This is however, one interesting point, assuming all other factor are Ceteris paribus.
    But again, the only valid measurement we have is SSK, which is next year, and HS sales, which doesn't tell much. Statistic is hard to please, eh?:D

19. SoothingEarthDragon

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Well, when a group does its first single ever, it is inevitable that the person in the center is going to be new. Yes, the first gens were there more than a year longer, but... man, it took over 2 years for HKT48 to have their single debut... It was kind of messed up that there even was a second gen before they had their first single. That didn't happen with SKE, NMB or NGT. They all got their first CD within a year.

Besides... Haruka did throw a tantrum over it and apparently doesn't really get along with Meru until this very day-- at least if the HKT48 Documentary can be believed.

Anyway. We have seen what happened with Meru. She was a misstep, the company and fans alike have pretty clearly acknowledged that she was a misstep. In fact, if she hadn't been the center for the first year and a half, there is every reason to suspect that she never would have had enough fan support to even be in the senbatsu right now. She could have ended up like Akiyoshi Yuka, Shimono Yuki, Kumazawa Serina or Okamoto Naoko.

Why would you suppose that could be? I mean-- if you are going to buy the CD for the handshake ticket anyway, one would think you would use the sousenkyo vote and the handshake ticket included in the same CD for the same person, wouldn't you??

Zero sum game. HKT48 fans are not increasing because of Hana, the number of CDs sold are not increasing because of her. In other words, the same number of people (and fewer than before if we are honest) are going to the handshake events and not spending any more than they were before. This means that if Hana's lanes are selling out, then those tickets being used for her were previously being used towards someone else.

Thus, Hana's gain-- which I am certain will cool off within the next 6 months-- is someone else's loss. The only person who graduated within the window this year that she went from a just another typical kenkyuusei to whom few paid any attention to a fawned-over star was Anai Chihiro. So Hana is steamrolling someone. (Sakaguchi perhaps?)

20. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    You assume a mighty lot of things don't you? Assume things of which you are supposedly certain too. Even stuff that's starkly wrong like,

Remember that time when you were basically sure that Maichan's rank & vote count was due to people selecting the wrong name and typing in their code for the wrong person? Interesting how that turned out too.

• Like Like x 1