1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Keyakizaka Member Impressions

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by jujuchuu, Jun 18, 2016.

1. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Well, it just me being a jerk observer associating the girls with these well-known term. Hence why I put the edit as warning sign first.

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Thank you to Atreyu and EinhanderX for very enjoyable analyses. Not that I agree with everything, but it all made sense. I'd love to see more people's in-depth analyses like these.

Recently I've been wondering about Zuumin. I've long thought of her as the next in line to be centre, and I still do. But I'm getting a sort of hard and disagreeable feeling from her recently. Maybe because she's the most professional and calculated of them all. Her outstanding handshake performance (huge smile, intensity, strong handshaking, blown kisses) is both a good thing and a bit off-putting, for me. I'm wondering if she's feeling a bit frustrated not to be more prominent in the group's general publicity.

It's probably my imagination, but I though she was a bit angry that Neru's hand-off came just as she had to start singing in the first TV performance of SekaAi, so that in the second performance Neru was told to move more quickly and ended up seeming rushed. Of course, the fact that I like Neru so much probably affected my feelings here.

3. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    When I was translating her Nikkei interview yesterday I got the same feeling! I was a bit shocked by the language she used to talk about her desire to take over Hirate's position, that she "hates to lose." I tried to soften her language honestly because I found it a bit shocking haha. I mean I admire it, it's just for some reason I didn't expect her to be so intense. I think I have the same feeling you do: admirable, but a put off-putting. I still like her though, but I like her funny side better than this more intense side of her personality.

I don't know why I never yet posted my own impressions of the members as this is my thread, but I'll start by making a post about Imaizumi while I'm at it.

I think it's probably part of her "intense" character, but from her interviews and some of her older blog posts, I get the sense that she struggles a lot with trying to be "perfect." She also seems to suffer from some sort of complex about food that is connected to her weight (she used to be bigger than she is now). I hope that the entertainment environment will be kind to her, and she won't let her intensity make her sick... but other than that, my impression of her is that she's a really fun and funny girl, and I love her passion for food and her family.

4. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

I actually forgot to include this in my post - I was quite surprised when I read an older interview of her which was almost all about food, her tendency to gain weight and her excitement about losing quite a bit of weight after she auditioned. She seems to be almost a bit too conscious about it.

I definitely agree with you that there's an interesting contrast within Zuumin, with one side showing very advanced idol appearance (HS performance and overall performance/looks) and the other one an ambitious and tenacious girl with high expectations of herself. This ambition may go as far that her idol skills are some sort of "weapon" she can use to work her way up within the group and to a possible solo career eventually. After I've read the translated interview (thanks @ jujuchuu, you're doing an awesome job with this), I can understand why her whole style seems to be a few steps ahead of almost all the other members in Keyakizaka46 - she may be seeing it as a necessity. I hope that her competitive feelings (towards Hirate and possibly other high-ranked members) won't take the better of her - she may have been a child idol, sings well and has musical talent, but it's difficult to shine alone in a group like that. I have no doubt she will one day go her own way but she shouldn't rush it. She's still young and has plenty of time to develop until she can finally take care of herself.
    Interesting to note, too, is that she said in her self-introduction at the very beginning "I want to make Keyakizaka 46 something that is not only fun, but something people can relate to in their times of need." Nobody else said something meaningful like this, but don't you think that it actually sounds very "solo-ish", that she wants to create something like that?

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

"Modesty, kindness, the ties between us. Shine, Keyakizaka46!" I just worry that she is more determined to succeed as an individual than to help the group succeed, and is ignoring this K46 slogan, which really seems to me to embody their spirit.

But she is such a great performer, and brings the group so much, so I hope she can get closer to the whole group.

I don't think what she said about people relating is that solo-ish, but I'm also not sure how much she meant it. It was a good thing to say.

6. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Let me add my 2 cents. But bear in mind that I don't understand Japanese that much, so most of my opinion about them are from subbed video and translated articles, plus visual of course.
    In the order of my ranking:

Shida Manaka
    My current oshi, and a rare case of dislike turns into like. Initially I wasn't interested in her at all. In fact her slow speech in her intro video was a major turn-off. But she turned out to be entertaining in a unique way. Not a ponkotsu like Berika, but give a laid back, my-pace and cool aura, and she can be fun too. The contrast between her serious face and her smiling face is what caught my attention at first. She said her big ear is her charm but I would add one more: big face...lol, since most people prefer small face, her big face is her distinctive quality.

Sugai Yuuka
    Lady-like, give the most ojou-sama feel. Caught my attention because of her resemblance to Sayanee. Love her spontaneous smile.

Uemura Rina
    She is what I call a real-life doll. Hope she never cut her long and beautiful hair. Her looks is the most photogenic. The fairy title suit her the most. Not too bothered by her slight ponkotsu image, not sure if it fits her or not but looks like she doesn't intend to keep it.

Moriya Akane
    Caught my attention from the sports episode. Smiley and friendly. She and Sugai seems to give the most cheerful vibe. Give the impression of being strong and reliable.

Watanabe Risa
    Short hair seems to suit her the most. She looks so mature for her age. Being the other za-cool keeps my interest. But other than being soft-spoken I don't see much of her personality yet.

Koike Minami
    One of the prettiest member. Still need to develop her chara.

Imaizumi Yui
    Talented singer. But variety wise she doesn't keep me interested.

Nagasawa Nanako
    Prefer her with long hair. She has a lot of melancholic aura around her, a bit like Nanase. Need to be more confident.

Sato Shiori
    One of the member who caught my attention just by being pretty. Being one of the least popular, she needs to work hard. But I believe she has potential to be more prominent member.

Nagahama Neru
    Have a cutesy look and voice which I'm not a fan of. But thankfully her personality isn't that much cutesy otherwise she will be at the bottom of my list.

Hirate Yurina
    No fault about her except her super short hair during the early days. Now that her hair grows longer she looks much better. If she is not being pushed so much since the beginning I would probably like her better.

Suzumoto Miyu
    Her looks reminds me of Tsuchiya Tao. Initially I think her push wasn't justified during SaiMajo being the slower HS seller. But she has gained fans considerably since then. I also started to like her a little bit.

Habu Mizuho
    Her tall figure isn't a turn-off but she looks too skinny for that height.

Watanabe Rika
    She looks prettiest in their debut picture, but I feel now there are more girls prettier than her. Not a fan of her super ponkotsu and baka image.

Ishimori Nijika
    Her looks is quite distinctive among other long-haired girls. But other than being a fellow dog-lover, not much things to keep me interested.

Yonetani Nanami
    Nothing really leaves an impression on me.

Kobayashi Yui
    Talented as the other Yui, but similarly doesn't keep me interested personality wise.

Oda Nana
    Appreciate her fun-side but not a fan of her chara.

Saitou Fuyuka
    Same as Oda Nana

Harada Aoi
    I would just repeat what Risa said, sometimes a bit annoying.

Ozeki Rika
    Being more towards the fun chara, she is lacking compared with Oda and Saitou.

7. Kawamoto Chiyo

Kawamoto Chiyo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    1. Hirate ---> I didn't like her at first, because I naturally tend to dislike centers, but she's grown on me. I think she's very talented and driven.
    2. Suzumoto --> I don't know about her, she gives me a mean vibe.
    3. Imaizumi ---> She's a really great singer and she gives me a mature vibe.
    4. Kobayashi ---> My oshi <3 She has such an amazing smile, and she's so beautiful, cute, and talented.
    5. Berika ---> I think she's overrated and her looks aren't even anything special.
    6. Sugai ---> She's very classy, rich, and princessy. Not my taste.
    7. Akane ---> I don't have an opinion on her.
    8. Ozeki ---> She's hilarious! I wish she was more popular.
    9. Berisa ---> I prefer her to Berika, but I'm not huge on her either.
    10. Habu ---> She's stunning, with her tall body and animated eyes. She has a unique and beautiful charm. However, the whole otaku/cyborg thing she has going on irritates me.
    11. Shida ---> She's very soft-spoken and aloof and I like that. However, I don't think she deserved a front position for Sekai.
    12. Uemura ---> She's cute, pretty, and sweet, but certainly not my type.
    13. Yone-san ---> She is the member I always forget about.
    14. Aoi ---> She is very mature for her age, and I enjoy her a lot. I want her to get a front position.
    15. Nijika ---> I love her! She has my type of face, plus it's adorable how dorky she gets about dogs.
    16. Fuyuka ---> She does not seem like an idol to me, so I don't know if she belongs in the group. Perhaps she'd do better in Hello! Project or a less idol-like company.
    17. Oda ---> I LOVE HER. She's EXACTLY my type. Deep-voiced, headstrong, natural, tomboyish. Love it.
    18. Nanako ---> She gives me good vibes.
    19. Koike ---> She is timid and uninteresting to me, but cute.
    20. Shiori ---> I think she's underrated, and I want to see more of her.
    21. Neru ---> I can see her appeal, but she's not my type of idol. She's the housewife type, I think. Plus, her singing voice annoys me.

8. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Uh..after days, I think this is the most appropriate thread to ask...anybody can recognize all this member?
    <spoiler> 13988113_309390786061416_2437092629968422383_o.jpg 13937943_309390769394751_3273632847156103746_o.jpg 13925914_309390739394754_6465454069934938979_o.jpg 13913771_309390716061423_4378421842642358045_o.jpg 13937903_309390696061425_5072598909693165169_o.jpg </spoiler>
    I only know the first pic is Hirate and the other is I'm not sure who? Help please, I fall in love with girl in the fourth pic. Isn't she the same girl from Sekai ni wa Ai Shika Nai MV who sit in front of the painting?
    By the way those pics are created by ZhenLin, and this is her pixiv page http://touch.pixiv.net/member.php?id=142763

9. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    @Mikuriin
    In order:
    Hirate, Habu Mizuho, Habu Mizuho (again), Habu Mizuho (YET AGAIN), THE COOL (Shida Manaka + Watanabe Risa)

The author actually use thier names as Tags for the images.

10. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Oh thank you, I don't have pixiv account so I don't get the image straight from there.
    Anyway, what's the girl's name in front of the painting in SekAi?
    Damn, just realized the author also used Habu Mizuho's SaiMajo profile pic as models.

11. Agi

Agi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Hirate : She really cool on SiMajo, but she can act like you being crazy
    Imazumi: She can singing
    Kobayashi: Kato Rena, Kizaki Yuria, Mogi, her face always change
    Ozeki: Ozeki style she like Myao
    Berika: She remind me of Paruru but she always smile, first i think she look like Naanya on Daigoro
    Risa: Cool and good at sport
    Mona: Cool 2x
    Sugai - sama: Ojou sama, Sayane, she is funny i like her
    Miyu: Her ears funny
    Uemura: Kimoto Kanon + Murayama Yuiri she is kawaii
    Sato: Good at drawing
    Koike: lol i cant forget when she is on house haunted
    OdaNana: Akimoto Sayaka aura
    Habu Meijin: Model
    Yone: Smart
    Akanen: Im scared with her
    Nanako: Her physical good
    Neru: Kojimako, she can l become like Yuko, whe is funny, smart, good at sport, and short

12. jason.copeland23

jason.copeland23 Kenkyuusei

THIS IS MY OPINION, I ALWAYS PUT EVERYTHING FRANKLY....IT MIGHT MAKE SOMEONE ANGRY

1. Hirate ---> Goddess Aura, she's the best idol in my opinion now in 48/46. People might be bored if she will be center all the time but for me, she can be the real ACE of Keyakizaka46. She's both cute and cool plus talented. How can i resist her.
    2. Suzumoto --> She's cool, good dancer
    3. Imaizumi ---> I think she has the best vocal in Keyakizaka46. She's very cute and sexy. Try to look at her gravure at her 12, i'm shocked but i find her sexy because of her oppai . Maybe she has the best oppai in Keyakizaka46 too. ...1 or 2 years later, maybe there will be her bikini photoshoot.
    4. Kobayashi ---> Never notice her at first, but then....i'm going crazy because of her. She's very cute in a very weird way, i don't know how to explain it, but there's some magic in her cuteness that make me always want to look at her picture though she isn't so beautiful. I really wanna be her boyfriend.My Oshimen.
    5. Berika ---> She's overrated , i'm sorry but she's acting too much on the TV.I think she has nothing special.
    6. Sugai ---> She's beautiful, i put some notice on her since One Man Live. She's well educated and seem like she's clever in talking.My oshimen too.
    7. Akane ---> Never notice her at first, but seem like she's very responsible and ambitious person, i think she's ......................erotic too...
    8. Ozeki ---> She's weird ....not my type.
    9. Berisa ---> I like her voice, she always seem boring but i find her somehow interesting and worth-notice.
    10. Habu ---> The tallest one,cute, need some attention, she's good at dancing.
    11. Shida ---> She is cool type, but never a fan of this type.
    12. Uemura ---> Very cute and sweet , but beside her cuteness i don't like the way she introduce her trumpet skills. She has no talent of this but she tried to make some joke.
    13. Yone-san ---> She has a big smile. She's resemble to Ririka (Wa-suta idol group)
    14. Aoi ---> hmmm..nothing..
    15. Nijika ---> nothing.
    16. Fuyuka ---> nothing.
    17. Oda ---> Seems like a very talkative and athletic person.
    18. Nanako ---> i wonder that her cry recently on TV is just faking or not..... beside that, i think she has nothing special.
    19. Koike ---> Very cute, her singing voice is nice , if she put some vocal training,she can be a good idol vocalist,she needs some attention !!
    20. Shiori ---> Nothing.
    21. Neru ---> Very cute, sometimes i wanna hug her, but i try to resist her cuteness from being hooked haha.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@jason_copeland23 -- Thanks for your opinions. I like to see opinions that differ from other people's (as long as they don't put down my oshis too hard, lol).

-- I kind of doubt Imaizumi will go for a bikini shoot any time soon. My sense is that she likes to cover up now and is not so pleased about that earlier gravure.
    -- I just read a Japanese post where a guy said his friend's father was passing by and happened to catch sight of Kobayashi on the TV, stopped and pointed at her and said: "That girl is sexy!"
    -- I wouldn't blame Uemura for the trumpet thing: I think the Keyakitte, Kakenai hosts decided to make a joke of that. They thought they were giving her a character, but it was a poor character to give her. I think she would like it to just go away. The "Chiba fairy" nickname, though, is perfect, and should be worked with more.
    -- Nanako is one my favorites. No offense. Just saying, lol. You show good judgement with Neru, however: she's addictive.

14. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I think Uemu said that she can really play the trumpet, the BUHA BUHA is just because she doesn't really practice it anymore.

Lately i saw two or three matome of people discussing about how cute / how pretty she has become, which is great for Uemu!

15. MrTibbers

MrTibbers Kenkyuusei

hello, this is my first post and keyakizaka46 is the first idol group I've got into.

Hirate : exudes power in her stance and glare when performing. her silly moments make me love her so much more.
    Imazumi: she has the confidence of a thousand crusaders even in some questionable moments. incredibly good looking IMO
    Kobayashi: the only thing I can remember is she looks like my friend...
    Ozeki: OZEKI STYLEEEE. her running introduced me to keyakitte kakkenai
    Berika: I really wish she spoke more, some moments make me feel she is low key hilarious
    Risa: she is beautiful
    Mona: "something" about her makes me love her... indescribable
    Sugai: TENACIOUS.
    Miyu: her reactions make me "LOL", sometimes she looks sad.
    Uemura: CAN I PLEASE SEE MORE OF HER. I SEE SO MUCH POTENTIAL
    Sato: her voice kind of annoys me... (sorry pals) loved her acting in keyabingo s1e11 though
    Koike: her voice is very cute
    OdaNana: HILARIOUS. rarely do I "LOL" when watching something, but she makes me wake up everybody in the house at 3am
    Habu Meijin: not much of an opinion on her
    Yone: she smile is pretty
    Akanen: so much passion and fire in her, inspiring.
    Nanako: somehow funny...
    Neru: if I never saw her periodic table PV on instagram, i'd never would have heard of keyakizaka. I like her voice and face and her quirky ways.

16. jason.copeland23

jason.copeland23 Kenkyuusei

@ukifune glad to see you like that
    eh?
    Kobayashi Yui is considered "sexy"...I'm so suprised..........
    i think the sexiest member in Keyakizaka is Moriya Akane.

17. Rayman21

Rayman21 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    That episode of Keyabingo! Where they were in the "burikko" and "sexy" teams was where Kobayashi gave the biggest impression on me. Theres just something about her.. :^O^:

18. megawotaku

megawotaku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I feel like Moriya has a very obvious sexiness about her whereas Kobayashi has more of a subtle sexiness

19. Hououin Pic

Hououin Pic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    lol yeah, Nen is very "in your face" about it

20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Yeah, Kobayashi is absolutely sexy. Her facial expressions are second to none.