1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Have any of you lost interest in 48/46G?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Doodleboy, Dec 8, 2016.

?

Have you lost interest in 48 G?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2016.
  1. Yes, I don't follow them anymore.

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Somewhat. All of my oshis have graduated, but I still follow the group.

19 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Not really, but I am losing interest.

34 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. Of course not, I have just as much interest in the group as I did when I started to follow AKB Group

20 vote(s)
    18.7%
  5. No, I've gained more interest than I ever had before.

25 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I've lost interest entirely. Blame it on youtube red ban, death of akb news websites, and a repetitive/boring senbatsu.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  2. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Meh. I've lost it in the music but I'm more of a visual person so if I see a pretty costume, cover, or whatever, I'll follow it

3. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    W8... i'm pretty sure you already made this thread before o_O

Anyway, my answer: Nope.

4. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

since Yuko and Rena graduated....my interest was gone but i am following Team 8 and Keyakizaka46 atm

5. Leleckos

Leleckos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    I lost... Now I'm following 46 groups. This time I am supporting the whole group and not one individual member. It's too easy to lose interest in a idol group like 48 groups if you only like some members that can graduate like next week.

6. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yes, there was a point around 2-3 years ago where I was mainly into the group to follow Wasamin. And the less Wasamin was utilized by AKB, the less I was interested in anything they had going on. Finally, when she graduated I announced that I was graduating along with Wasamin.

I have been an active fan of this group since late 2006, and to me it just isn't what it used to be. It isn't the group I fell in love with 10 years ago. I don't think the new gens have the collective charisma that the old gens had that was part of why AKB was so special early on.

I am also angry at AKB's management for reasons I will not go into on this forum. But it makes me not want to invest a single yen into the group. On the other hand....

I still like certain members of HKT and SKE, and I still want to see and support them from time to time. So yes, I still buy singles and go to handshake events. Not nearly as many as I used to, but I still go. That said, I have very little interest in anything AKB, NGT or NMB is up to. And I have never gotten into the 46-groups.

7. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I didn't vote for the last option but it's pretty silly to say anyone who voted that way is a liar.

I got interested about a year and a half ago and my interested waned till earlier this year when I became more interested than I was before. Just because you personally are no longer interested in the group doesn't mean everyone shares your viewpoint.

8. yorsavior11

yorsavior11 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakanoikumi
    Sorry I'm not lying when I click on that button :D

First of all, the reason I'm saying that is because at first I'm only following like 2 - 5 members. But when look deeper (means being dragged deeper into the idol hell), I'm becoming more and more interest that I can't get enough...

:D

9. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Nope I'm not lying when I voted that. My interest in AKB48 did wane after Koisuru Fortune Cookie boom, but this year I discovered Team 8 and my interest went back to 2010 - 2011 level if not a bit higher due to Showroom and fancams.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  10. yuiparunaachan oshi

yuiparunaachan oshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    I'm started to lost interest with 48 group because many of my favourite member graduated.. But i still follow them for the sake of my only oshi which is Yuihan and Paruru. With paruru graduating this month, i don't know how i can keep up with 48 stuff with only yuihan in it.. :cry2: Recently, Sakamichi group managed to grab my interest especially Keyakizaka46. So if yuihan too graduate, my interest will completely over....unfortunately.... sorry 48 group...:fp::fp::fp:

11. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Yeah, my oshis graduate, many weird things done by management, EVEN MORE WEIRD THINGS BY THE "FANS", EVEN MORE ******* "FANS"... yeah, my interest in 48G is fading...
    ... or i shall said, is transforming into 46 :^^;:

12. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Well this website certainly lost traffic and post activity compared to pre-2016.

The only posts I see now are extremely basic posts and useless happy birthday messages. I'm sorry everyone but your oshi isn't going to see those happy birthday messages :|

Update: basic posts meaning posts that have little contribution on a discussion. (example: off-topic posts that are not responding to the previous posts and have almost nothing to respond with).

The birthday messages is just something that I've seen a lot in my notifications (especially with Yuihan being that it's her birthday) but obviously not everyone in AKB Group had their birthday this month. I haven't been active on this board for a while so when I come back, 90% of the notifications I got were all from people who had their birthday since August (the last time I was really active and had actually checked my notifications). You can continue giving your oshis a happy birthday message if you'd like; I have no power (and no reason) to stop you. However, I personally don't understand why some of the messages are addressing their oshis as if they are actually going to read and respond to them. I think there's more success in sending them those messages on their social media accounts, if you really want them to see it.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  13. yorsavior11

yorsavior11 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakanoikumi

This is true... :awesome:

14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

I guess I must be a liar as well (Since I voted for "No, I've gained more interest than I ever had before" as well).

Why do some people here suddenly have a problem with damn birthday messages? Jesus, who the hell cares if somebody post a damn happy birthday message! I swear, we all just find a new reason to complain about something here :fp:.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    What I find interesting here is to see that people have divergent opinions on this matter. Some say that they found a new interest thanks to this or that, while others can only see doom (and even the end of this forum).

Doesn't it depend on what you're interested on?

16. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I voted for gained more interest. If someone doesn't believe me, just look at my post history and I believe you'll see me getting more active on this forum :)

17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I too voted for more interest. I started about 18 months ago and just got into Team 8 a few months ago. I still don't know all 47.

18. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

Used to be silent reader here and decided to create an account today.

I already heard AKB48 several years ago, but first time I interested AKB48 is from watching their legendary iki-sumo video on internet few month ago. However I also found out their popularity is slowly declining, it's understandable since their core members are leaving while the new generation don't have as much motivation and charisma as their predecessor, at least from my perspective.

That doesn't make me lose interest in 48G group however, I actually interested how their management will fix this problem. Creating more sister groups at other Asian country is interesting move, but I think it's not enough to fix their slowly declining popularity at their home country. I'll be watching here to see what is the next move from 48G's management.

19. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Been bored of 48G for like 1, 2 yrs. I like some songs or concept occasionally but overall I follow them bc certain members I like, not bc I'm interested about the group.

20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

you sound so butthurt ....are you getting offending by happy birthday messages ?

• Like Like x 1