1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hopes, Fears, and Predictions for 2017 (Keyakizaka46)

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    But Tschucchi!! and the psychologist!

I've been looking forward to seeing them sing Silent Majority

2. Mizukitty

Mizukitty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hoshinominami
    Imagine Tsucchi, Amontan, and Takahiro dancing to Saimajo...ケヤキ坂46 should be a thing [hehe]

3. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    you've missed sawabe and the mv director ikeda kazuma

4. Mizukitty

Mizukitty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hoshinominami
    My bad, that was rude...
    Oh my, but imagine those centering SekAi.

5. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    yep 5 of them with tsucchi as their center

6. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    Haha the same way that 4chan used the power of Kek and meme magic to get Donald Trump elected, we should use it to get Katakana Keyaki created!!

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Some people on 2channel today, impressed with Hirose Suzu's support of K46 have nominated her for katakana, too. Youngest and only female member, so I guess she has to centre now.... Sorry, Tsucchi.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  8. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    damn, a support from the biggest young actress right now.
    yeah, tsuchhi should step down

9. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Hopes
    • No more Nazizaka/Harada Mayu scandals
    • Techi shares the center position
    • Just. One. Damn. Idolish. Song.
    • More chances for Hiragana members to be in senbatsu
    Fears
    • More internal conflicts
    • Another Nazizaka scandal
    Predictions
    • Habu dropped from senbatsu
    • Hirate Yurina 1st photobook
    • Kennins between Nogi and Keyaki

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Millyna

Millyna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Hopes
    • Songs continue like this
    • Experimntal B-Side units
    • Nagesawa Nanako and Ishimori Nijika Front once
    • More members get solo songs
    • Hirate Yurina WCenters the singles and doesn't center them solo
    • All members are senbatsu
    Fears
    • Bad songs
    • Scandals
    • Techi burn out

Predictions
    • Keyaki continues like they're doing right now
    • First Solo Concert

11. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    They have a solo concert this month. Christmas eve (x1) and Christmas day (x2), the later concert on Christmas day will be live streamed

12. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Since this first year with Keyaki has been amazing, I don't really have much to hope for other than the following;

Hopes
    - The group continue to maintain and improve their sales and public recognition
    - They shuffle the center, for Hirate's sake
    - They continue to shuffle the formation so every girl gets a chance at the front
    - They continue to release great songs
    - They stay humble and don't let this years streak of success get to the girls heads
    - Hiragana keyaki and the less popular Kanji girls rise in popularity to match with the rest of the group.

Fears
    - Any form of scandal or graduation.

Predictions
    - Keyakizaka46 will continue to be a great group.

13. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Amen to that!

I hope the girls humility extends beyond what they display to the public, but also among themselves. If one (or more) girl start to have an attitude of "I'm more important/beautiful/successful/popular than you", the seeds of break up is irreversibly sown. Which leads to your second point: I do hope that management will at least give those girls a chance to shine. Whether the public accepts them or not is perhaps beyond the management's power. But having a girl who sinks into obscurity simply because she has never had the chance to shine is sad.

Here's to a bright future of the group! :1st:
    (I was looking for an emoji lifting a glass of beer or wine... but apparently there's none, so this one will do... no underage drinking, perhaps? :hehe:)

14. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    well, according to Neru, some of that did/is going on behind the scenes

but I think I sense who she's talking about and they seemed to calm down lately. I think they seem really strong as a group these days.

it's probably better to get these kind of things straightened out in the beginning anyway, right?

15. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yes, I guess it's better to get these things out in the open and straightened out. Perhaps their huge success in such a short time did get the better of these girls in the beginning. I hope now they've become a more solid group.

16. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

Speaking about this, it's one of the things I'm thinking about from time to time. One of Keyakizaka's points is that the sense of unity in the group is extremely strong, with several productions and MV's pointing towards this as well. With these two things -the latter one in particular- in mind, I believe it actually is like this. What made me extremely curious in that regard however was the senpai talk with Takahashi Minami after MuJack part 2.

Closely listen to Miyu's question - 'is there a secret on how to get along all the time?'
    Miyu asking this question is actually really interesting, her character is difficult to read but she might be much more of a teamplayer than it looks like on the surface.

I know you'll understand it easily @jujuchuu , but for those who don't:
    The main point of Takamina's response is that in the early days of AKB when they were still few in numbers, the mindset of the group holding together was also pretty strong, but an increase in numbers and the senbatsu meta has resulted in competitive feelings, and she said that this is probably going to happen some time. Right now, it's probably still be the phase where the members are 'tried out', so they want to hold together and stand through this uncertainity. However, dividing the group (senbatsu meta) can lead to certain groups building up, such as those who were dropped and wonder why they were, and those who are chosen but don't know why . Takamina's advice that actually regardless of which position they are in, every position has its hardships, and everyone suffers in her own way, so one should always respect that. How that will work out in practice is up to the Keyaki-chans themselves, of course.

The current front rowers actually are in this position that they are upfront, but nobody would have expected this. Notice Aoi's blank look when the topic is mentioned and her saying how frightened she actually is because she doesn't know how to justify herself before the others.

That situation Neru described in the interview likely had to do with Techi and a few others getting a lot of attention back then, but the teamwork was not built up as firmly as now. Right now, I do see another 'threat' to the established team-oriented mindset: The possible inclusion of Hiragana Keyaki members, originally formed to be an unders group. It could be the 'hurdle' Takamina talks about that has to be passed.

About us fans, if there should actually be any troubles going on within the group, we're not going to be told about it anyway, we can only guess from some observations but we'll never know the whole truth about it. When Takamina asks at 2:45 whether there aren't some conflicts here and there, nobody immediately turns it down (Fuu-chan shakes her head, but she's just one among many), instead you hear voices asking 'conflicts...?' and so. From this, one could question whether some things occur here and there.

Sorry for being pretty pessimistic at times but I think it's the interesting 'dark side' of the medal that can be interesting to think about too.

17. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Thanks for the explanation.

I think all of this is normal, inevitable. I also want to make it clear that I don't blame the girls for any conflicts between them nor am I thinking less of them because of this. It's a tough challenge to face, especially for people as young as they are. Heck, if I were in their position, I'd perhaps be the one getting intoxicated by success and causing trouble. It's because I'm thinking so highly of them that I hope everybody can keep humble and Keya stays Keya, not turning into a group of girls each for her own.

This bit makes me think. Perhaps, the HiraKeya girls are a bit different in the sense that their contract probably says something like "You are hired as an unders group, you're not going to have a shot at A-side senbatsu", and therefore they might just accept their "fate" (unlike Nogi girls, who are theoretically have equal chance to get into senbatsu). However, this does place management and Neru in an awkward situation: she's supposed to be a Hiragana, but she's now tremendously popular. Fans are not going to take it lightly if she were to be pulled out of senbatsu even when she were to become leader or permanent center of the Hiraganas. Keeping her in the senbatsu, without giving the other Hiraganas a shot at the senbatsu will indeed create tension.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Wonderful discussion. Thanks, everybody. I'm particularly interested in the explanation of the talk with Takamina, which I didn't really understand before. I'm afraid it probably is inevitable that competitiveness will rear its head. I just hope that enough members will remain determined to preserve harmony -- and the slogan "humility, kindness, the ties between us" will continue to have some effect -- so that conflict can be kept under control.

I think we're learning recently that Miyu is not the hard girl she sometimes used to seem, that it really was self-protection. And now that she feels accepted as herself she seems softer. And it certainly seemed that Zuumin was the one who had definite ambitions to compete with Hirate, but maybe we just don't know everything, either about her or about others. Manaka has expressed some ambition, too, surprisingly. And Uemura was clearly upset at being kept in row 3 for SekaAi. But I think that time, success for all, the way that everyone can get her place in the sun on stage, more money for all (I hope), recognition that Hirate really is superior, and hard work by people like Hirate, Neru, Fuu-chan, Nijika, Oda and others to keep the group one has settled things down. Much as I love Neru, really her rise is the main factor that I can imagine causing conflict, up to now.

I fear the effect of giving the other Hiragana members a shot at the senbatsu, but I think it's inevitable. Some of them are just too promising. I think they will gradually be integrated into the group on variety shows, etc., and eventually -- say in the summer or fall -- one or two might join the main group. Or they might switch to two smaller senbatsus. But I note that since the official penlights now have fewer colours, some of the Hiraganas have been changing their colours to ones already taken by Kanjis. This means to me that they have been told they are likely to remain a separate group for a while.

19. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Hopes
    • Kanji & Hiragana become equals
    • Memi, Katoshi, Kyonko in senbatsu (Memi 1st row, Katoshi 2nd row, Kyonko 3rd row)
    • 16NIN
    • Established trinity (Techi-Neru-Zuumin) with each getting center spots
    • more songs like SaiMajo & Futari Saison
    • Nijika gets better positions (gurl got potential)
    • more great shows
    • a rigid senbatsu

Fears
    • Hiragana keeps being separate from Kanji and flowers like Memi who's totally center material and senbatsu materials like Katoshi & Kyonko whitered because lack of sunshine
    • Neru keeps centering Hiragana-related stuff

Prediction
    • Kanji & Hiragana seperated for another 6 months or forever
    • songs getting better
    • fanbase & sales will rise significantly but will stagnate in mainstream media recognition due to other idol debuts

• Like Like x 1
  20. Macron48

Macron48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    haradaaoi
    I'm pretty positive that what we'll see in the future is: Kanji and Hiragana being separate groups permanently, i.e. members will not be "promoted" or "demoted" from one group or the other. Each group will be presented and promoted as a separate group. However, what we will have is a senbatsu which will feature members from both groups. Certain members will be shoe-ins (Neru, Yurina, etc...) but we may see some Kanji members lose senbatsu spots to Hiragana members. So we might see some rivalry between the two groups.

We may see "shuffles", i.e. if Kanji members start graduating we may see Hiragana move from Hiragana to Kanji and vice versa. What we may also see is, instead of having separate generations, we may see new members being added to Hiragana sporadically. In a sense, Kanji and Hiragana will be like what "teams" are in 48G, Kanji being like Team A and Hiragan being like Team K/B, etc...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016