[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Still crazy to know that Jurina will be 20 this year (I feel old lol).

Was going to say where was NGT48, but then remember that there is none this year. Rikachan, Ayakani, Mofuchan, Naachan, Ayanyan will be there next year (the girls who are turning 20 this year).

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    There's a difference between losing by less than a thousand votes, and losing by 70k (or whatever the ridiculous number Sasshi beat Mayu by was). Daasu + Haruppi wota got fired up by the former, but I can't see how the latter would be anything but a discouragement.

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Even winning can fire up the fans.
    I'm sure Tomu fans saw how close Haruppi was and pushed her even more (and made her rank higher than the general manager).

6. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    You really do have to be honest with yourself.
    Can't keep pretending you're still infatuated and focused on that member, when you're really just lying to yourself.
    Keeping it up then accepting it can be really freeing, even if you're worried about how those around you react.

7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Aye, though that was kind of already a given in the post I was quoting :p

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

My bad, I should have read that as well haha

9. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    Dunno if this is the right place, but no one is doing that annual ranking thing this year?

10. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

last years one was started on March 18th so I expect this years will happen in the next couple of months whenever ithebigc can get around to it

11. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

You mean the annual Stage48 Member Ranking? If so, ask @ithebigc

12. Kudostar

Kudostar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Again, I said maybe so it's just another prediction. Let's say jurina fans seeing kouhaku result, aren't they gonna do something about it?yes maybe this theory might not applied to all of the member (my bad I forgot to mention that) but what I'm trying to say regadless a previous I don't remember who's comment that state winning can make people wanna vote more (which is right) ..I also think that losing for some fan (this where I should correct it) might be a fuel to fire up too..
    And if your theory was right it'll applied to on winning right? Maybe some fans just feel they already give the best effort on winning this so they will think it's enough.
    In the end what I am saying its only a possibilty, you're free to disagree if you wanted to.

13. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Gocchi, I enjoyed your article. I might personally disagree with a couple of the assertions you made (i.e. what it means to oshi someone, or how people view DD), but I think it captured the spirit of having an oshi quite well. I especially liked the part about oshihenning, as I went through many of those same feelings you describe when I oshihenned from Meetan to Wasamin 7 years ago. As your title suggests, I went through a period of "denial" before finally being true to the fact that I had a new oshimen.

14. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

I'm just wondering, is the target audience of your writing the general public? Seems like a lot of explanations of things like oshimen and oshihen that akb fans would already be familiar with.
    The way I think about oshihen is that it is always on my mind - new interests rise easily and I often re-question whether I really like Sayaya the most. The fact that she pulled through every time I considered changing means that she is really still my oshimen. It is like... I don't know, iron chef? wrestling? As the current champion (oshimen), you have to be open to accept all challenges and still win (the first place in my heart) to prove your status. But I get that that's probably not how most people think, and I totally agree on the identity part as well.

15. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Great reading. But yeah I wondered too (Sorry if this sound offensive).

Both are coming from different idol group. Why can't both be a Kami-oshi?
    It's not like you're forced to choose your fandom, unless by your own mind and your wallet.

What's wrong with expanding your fandom horizon? or as the article said, your fans identity?

But I believe this is a subjective matter to each person. And I'll respect that.

16. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Hi gocchisama! Very interesting article! I confess I was a bit worried (curious tbh) about you when you changed your profile photo a couple of days ago (just now when Mio managed to overtake her rival with a good margin :cold:) but I'm glad you were able to put your cards on the table.

As for me, I think mine isn't an oshihen case. While I believe I'm hardly going to change my favorite (who I consider not only an AKB48G favorite but of the entire japanese entertainment industry), I confess that I've been looking after my 2-oshi things more lately.

My kami-oshi has already one of the best threads of Stage48 (I would say the best), full of information and great S48 members updating it so that I'd rather know about her here in S48 than out there in another internet vehicle. While there aren't so many english contents for my 2-oshi, so I have to look for her information straight on japanese sources.

I consider my 2-oshi the most funny/entertaining/awesome (yeah bias mode on) member since my Kami-oshi, not because I got tired of my Kami-oshi but because I find they have a lot of specs in common. Following my 2-oshi is like you're watching to a disciple, even though they don't have much contact with each other. It's something nostalgic yet totally new. And it's complicated to talk about oshihening between them when her catchphase is "No Oshinening is a command!" [hehe]

17. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I realized too late that i might have rushed too much on explaining why the oshimen concept is important in the 48group.

To me, you can have many favourites, but you can only have one oshimen. Because it is your fan identity. It is thanks to this identity that people recognize you. If you have many, people are confused and don't remember it.

When i went in japan, it is clear to me that people works that way. "you are mio oshi? come, i will introduce you to fans of her" " you said you like HKT, but you have someone special, right?" " i only go to her lane because she's the one". I also noticed that sister groups doesn't mix that much. There's HKT corner in one side, SKE on other side. The oshi pride is strong, and i agree it should be that way.

About the best thread of Stage48, i would say it's sasshi's. Most active and informative one.

18. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    For me Mayuyu is the only person in any Japanese idol group who I'd say is my true oshimen in that I follow her career very closely and I feel a certain 'connection' with her. I don't feel I have that same strength of connection with my favourites in other groups (e.g. Yumemi Nemu in Dempagumi.inc or Aoyama Reiko in Predia). Interestingly I'd say that the strength of my connection with my 2-oshi Mirurun, although not as strong as with Mayu, is still much stronger than with anyone outside of 48G. Is it due to the fact that I've met both Mayu and Miru? Possibly, but I've also met Nemu from Dempagumi and I still don't have any particularly strong feelings of connection with her.

I think @gocchisama is right, my oshimen is my fan identity and that's why I have such as strong feeling of connection with Mayu. Lately I've been taking a rather stronger interest in Jurina, she's now maturing from her teenage years into a very beautiful young lady, and that's made me question how I feel about Mayu. However that questioning hasn't taken me very long as I can still continue to sense strong, loyal and indeed unique feelings towards Mayu.

(and I also agree that Sasshi's thread is the best one!)

19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Apologies for my consecutive post but I've just seen the first showing on NHK World of this week's edition of 'J-Melo', and in connection with TwI being the top-selling Japanese single of 2016 there was a video greeting from Yukirin, Mion and Renacchi.

20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I record J-Melo and usually watch later, but you got me to watch now. Top 10 included Silent Majority (10), High Tension (8), Love Trip (7), PPAP (6), Kimi wa Melody (4), Radwimps (2), and TwI (1). Back in June when TwI was released, Yukirin, Mayuyu, and Miion were on (I still have that recording).