1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Taguchi Manaka (Manaka)

Discussion in 'AKB48 Members' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 8, 2016.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

[​IMG]
    Name: Taguchi Manaka (田口愛佳 )
    Birthday: December 12, 2003
    Birthplace: Kanagawa, Japan
    Height: 152cm

Info:
    Hobbies: Looking at cute kids
    Other Info: Her favorite food is Macaroon and Melon bread.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  2. kimmichi

kimmichi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I fell in love with her on showroom, and I was really happy watching their debut performance seeing her as a 'center' for some things and centering Nagisa No Cherry :blush: Wishing her luck moving forward!

3. Morrigan

Morrigan Kenkyuusei

My favorite of the 16gen. This kid is like a living encyclopedia of AKB group song and choreography. During Showroom she would take song requests non stop for over an hour or more and was spot on regardless of which team song. Even Nogi46 songs and choreo. I wasn't surprised to see her center Nagisa No Cherry. And only 12 years old! WTF. I expect big things from her in the future as she matures.

4. Miizun-Sensei

Miizun-Sensei Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    Damn, her performances are the best among her teammates. Stage dominate. so far

5. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Just posting here so you know I predicted she will be the initial star of 16gen.

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

But aren't you late? lol

She already centered some songs during the 11th anniversary, management clearly has its eyes on her.

7. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Let me put this out there because it's been bothering me literally for months :rolleyes: I don't understand what's going on with people who say Manaka looks like Yukirin. She looks like Yukirin like a teacup looks like a lion. Like maybe the shape of the eyes is a little bit vaguely similar? I really don't see the “little Yukirin” thing.

Actually there's someone she looks like a lot more and I can't put my finger on it. I used to think Sae but now I'm not so sure. I just look at her and it's at the tip of my tongue (or brain) but nope.

8. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    centering stages and being in an A-Side are 2 different things though. That's what I meant. She will be chosen for an A-Side this year.

9. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

The only way she will be chosen for A-side is on SSK single (which usually a 32-nin) or they expand the regular senbatsu a bit (probably 24-nin). Although we have senbatsu member graduating (Takamina, Paruru, Kojiharu), right now there are lots of AKB young member rising (Miion, Naachan, Juri, Mako, Komiharu, Sayaya, Yuiyui), thus not enough space even for an airdrop. She is still 11yo, still plenty of time for her to be in A-side.
    Edit: basically I'm saying she is unlikely to be in the A-side this year. More unlikely than likely.

10. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Yes but you missed Trinu's point. She centered stages because she's already picked out for push.

Of course these things could change, but, well, to put it simply, I don't think it ever did. They pick one (or two) and it's obvious from the get go (Jurina, Ikoma, SayaMilky, Hirate) and that's who they stick with until someone else proves themselves. (HKT is special because Sasshi's transfer threw everything up into the air, but I think they already had a push planned before that happened. I'm guessing Neru+Haruppi.)

11. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Well they have to pick someone, doesn't mean it will work. I'll say it will work.
    longterm sucess in the group.
    First to be chosen for an A-Side, initial highest ranking in SSK ect. ect.

So in short, her push will work.

@Ruroni, Well arn't you optimistic.
    Tomu a top 10 SSK member wasn't chosen for HT. Management does what Mangement wants.

12. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Still sounds like a safer than average bet ;)

I have to agree on this one. With this many singles a year, they can take a risk. But it's probably more like the autumn release. First few months while still KKS is a bit much even for 48 management, then summer is Senkyo single, so Autumn. Still, if she does as well as we think in HS, it could even be the pre-Senkyo one… they're known for taking risks with that one, since it will sell no matter what.

If the SSK tickets came in CDs in which William Shatner reads Majisuka scripts in bad Japanese it would still sell millions of copies.

13. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Well I don't play to lose :D

I have the feeling they will announce the new single in the 16gen solo concert and lo and behold someone from them will be in it.
    (it will be Manaka or the devils reincarnation, the girl who can't dance :p)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That's Honma Mai AND YOU WILL LEARN HER NAME :evil:

Anyway, I don't want any of them to get into an a-side.
    I don't want another Naanya-15thgen situation taking place again in the group.

I want them to be kept together, to have their own KKS stages and get their own KKS songs (with PVs hopefully).
    At least for a year or so.

She's 13 though. :^^;:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    #1 adorable thing for me is how she completely blanks when she's nervous.

Like when they were doing group Showroom for the concert she'd literally forget her own name. “Self introduction time” her turn “Hai!” panic face, she looks around, someone (usually Maeda) says “Taguchi Manaka”, she lights up with a face of relief like oh yeah that's what it is and does the introduction :rofl:

16. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I was going to write 12 initially since I remember it from her initial showroom stream, but I might mistype. But it would be wrong anyway since she just turned 13 on Dec. :^^;:

17. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I was watching the 16gen digest video and honestly she caught my eye based on how similar she looks like my little cousin

18. panda- lord of HKT48

panda- lord of HKT48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tomonagamio
    Twitter:
    pandagod120
    why does she like looking at cute kids (girls)

19. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA She is more like Aragaki Yui :p kawaiii

20. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

She reminds me of AkiP ._.