1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Onishi Momoka (Oonishi) / Team 8

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 26, 2014.

1. taniyuri

taniyuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    because of momoka effect,lot of team 8 member that do SR early each day,like ikumin,karen,etc.

anyway Congratulation momoka!

2. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Actually, what makes Rika afraid of her? The title of SR princess? :hehe:

Well, it is one of the more effective ways to do it. Because a lot of them cannot do it late night because of age restriction.
    And I think more people is online before or after working hour and in weekend. So the most logical way is to do it in early morning. Regards to Momoka for doing it first and consistently. :)
    Waking up earlier to interact with your oshi while having more productive time. This girl is really nailing it.

3. miyako-dori

miyako-dori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    haha, isn't it what i gave her? And now Rika became the NGT center from the SR queen. Great pioneer she has.

Really she's improved JST adjacent people's health, meanwhile some nation's people should harm their health, like... New Zealand? [hehe]

4. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    So, a 19 year-old streaming at 5:30 a.m. is doing a senbatsu-worthy hard work, but a 15/16 year-old trying to improve her dancing, singing and MC skills everyday while still having to study and go to school should feel like she's not doing enough to the point that she also has to stream at 5:30 a.m. to feel like she's doing something worthy when she should be sleeping and resting?

Like I said before, I'm happy for Momoka and she did her best at the only thing that could make her a bit relevant, but it certainly feels like a punch in the stomach for some of the other eitos.

5. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    Hell yeah! :banana:

i know, but if money already talking we all powerless

i don't know who more surprised, momoka or us

6. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    One girl's meat is another girl's poison. We all know how cut-throat their world is. But she found an opportunity and made the most out of it.

I feel for her and the rest of the girls. Hell....I feel for even Sasshi or Mayu who are tremendously successful and I'm sure would love to take stock sleep + rest if they could

But then again, they are Japanese. Their work ethic is first-rate and that is something they appreciate (of which I do too)

EDIT:
    And speaking of the girl. Here she is, live on SR (@11pm JST) :^^;:
    https://www.showroom-live.com/48_Momoka_Onishi

EDIT 2:
    Tokyo Tower wall being built lolz

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  7. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Bingo! The running to the top is a real deal among the showroomers. Momoka didn't win the SHOWROOM AWARD last year only because she couldn't reach the top 3 in time. Rikachan (and Momoka now) was firstly noted thanks to SHOWROOM. If she ignores this is like biting the hand that once fed her. Particularly I find Rikachan has a natural talent to do SHOWROOM but she can't stream so much because her schedule is very tight. Momoka on the other hand is a broadcast monster! And now Rikachan? And now? [hehe]

[Edit] Momoka's just reached Top 1. Congratulations for this too!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  8. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    The doing SR part = hard work is slowly starting to become a big problem imo. Especially when Naru and so many other members seem to be forcing themselves to do so much SR recently despite their hellish schedule. Naru often sleep less than 3 hours to do those morning SRs before she goes to school recently because of Momoka being included into the senbatsu... I'm really happy that she got put into the senbatsu because the more team 8 girls in the senbatsu the better. But if the mgmt is gonna evaluate hard work via how much SR they do and ignore the hard work the rest of team 8 girls have put into everything these past 3 years then it become really iffy.

This is AKB senbatsu and while it's the 32 nin one it's still pretty big to enter it...Many of the girls that does well in HS/Goods sale for the longest time like Rinchan,Naru and so many other members have never even been in the senbatsu.
    What more does Naru have to do :gavel:... SR being so time limited for students also makes it impossible for most of the girls to SR despite really wanting to do when they are in Tokyo due to events/rehearsal and all the distance traveling makes it even harder for most team 8 girls. So to keep that "everyday idol" Idol thing you pretty much have to force yourself to SR at 5-6 am in morning.

Momoka SR was fun today

9. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Well, she choose the correct battleground at the right time. And have tremendous luck that SR (probably) become one of the deciding factor for this single senbatsu.

I doubt that starting to do SR early in the morning now will have a say whether you are included in the senbatsu or not in the future for ANY girl.
    So, I think it is Momoka's luck by doing the right thing, at the right time, having the right circumstances, while also it is one thing you are good at.
    It is her chance to make an impact. If she did not succeed in doing it now, then I don't think it can come again using the same factors.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    That's not the problem. Like I said, she did the right thing, it's not her fault. What I don't like is the message that management is giving to the other girls, that it's better to do a 5:30 a.m. stream instead of working harder to develop their skills and because it's making them do unhealthy things, especially for girls of their age. It's messing with the mind of girls like Naru that are probably feeling kinda lost right now, and that does suck.

11. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I think the girls kinda missed the memo though. It arguably does have a positive effect on your popularity if you do it well and reasonably often - see Karin, AbeMei, Hidaaya and others. I knew almost nothing about 8 until SR. It's also understandable why management encourages them to do SR as they don't have to pay a cent to produce any of it, but if they straight "ordered" it, they missed the memo too.

The essence of this whole thing is Momoka doing something unique and silly. Look at how much Renacchi got for literally writing down her 16 favourite girls. Both of them did something what everyone could do, but they were first and replicating it won't work anymore. If you've been watching Onishi for 4 months, you won't get impressed with Naru trying to do the same, even if at 5 AM. You could get impressed if she does it twice a week for 30 minutes and is extremely original in content.

The girls who really "succeeded" like Momoka and Rika did so because they simply enjoy doing it (and they're interesting enough). But it's just not meant for anyone, in the same way not all of the members are suitable for variety or being top class at handshake skills. They shouldn't be "forced" to do SR, neither by mgmt nor by themselves. For making the next step they should just continue doing what they enjoy and find a way to showcase their unique skills (and... have a lot of luck lol).

12. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    @nvmea , sure, but put yourself in Naru's place.

You're in a team that is starting from scratch. All of a sudden, you're in the front row of that group/team. Does that make people hate you? Not at all, you're quite popular. Ikumin can't say the same.

Then Ikumin is selected to be in a senbatsu. That's fine, she is being pushed as the center and she was even one of the centers in Tokyo Dome with Yokomichi.

Times goes by and you're one of the top two sellers in handshakes for your team and you're still in the front row. Yet, all of a sudden, Ikumin, Nagi and Yamada are given kennin positions in other AKB teams. "Hmmm... OK".

Then comes Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai. It's Ikumin again and Nagi. It's still fine, Nagi is the most popular one. But Team 8's newest song has a 10-person senbatsu... and Yamada is in your usual spot. "..................... Sure... She has the kennin...................."

After that you don't see a Team 8 member in a senbatsu for a while. Also understandable; it's not their time yet. And you're still one of the top two best sellers.

Team 8 gets a new stage and they're doing a training camp to decide who is the center. You destroy your competition and you're picked to be the center. Things look great now.

Team 8's second anniversary and Yamada, that had been absent for a long time, is now the center for the team's latest song. "Wha... OK..."

Not only that, but she's the third eito to be in an AKB senbatsu. "OK..."

Sousenkyo. You rank 34th. With a bit of help, but you still did it. "Fuck yeah! Now it should be my time". And it does seem so, since now you're the center for the team's live shows.

Yuiyui...
    Yuiyui and her gori push. Sure, she's killing everyone with her handshake numbers, but... you were 34th...

Before you know it, Yuiyui is like Team 8's Sashiko... and you're still just an eito.

The three of you get solo concerts. Awesome! Even if it's almost labeled as Yuiyui and friends, but it's still better than nothing. Maybe something good is about to happen to you, especially now that the team has a lot of their own shows.

Momoka is in AKB's senbatsu for streaming in SR.

BAAAAM!!! You just go nuts.

What the hell you have to do more? You're lost. You start doing the same as Momoka.

I too would miss the memo to be honest.

13. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Momo's Showroom (17-02-05)

if the video does not show watch the video here

14. taniyuri

taniyuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    dont forget about game event,beside nagisa that obvious will win eveything,Karin,Moka and Hijirin already surpass naru:^^;:

But,once again,Momoka also sacrifice her education solely for this chance.and also this consistency and hunger for better future is what driven the less popular member to able do this.So,it will become threat even for yuiyui and nagi position.

15. GRyuuu

GRyuuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odaerina
    IF she were able to use this chance appropriately, if she can't I afraid that all of the SR efforts will be in vain

Sent from my SM-G313HZ using Tapatalk

16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    But those three "won" because they gave everything they had to a single game and in one of the two less important. And it was just for a radio show, nothing too relevant.

There's a huge difference from what Toyota wants for Team 8 and what AKS wants. Momoka being there is part of what AKS wanted. The question is: will they give a damn about her after sending their "Please, SR everyone" message? I say it depends on how much popular she can become after this.

17. taniyuri

taniyuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    That is what I mean,sometimes chance come to one that give everything.Like Momoka who bet everything is SR even SR is in beginning doesnt increasing her fans but when she won it,she become hot topic everywhere and become senbatsu,Just like NAru said in AKBINGO,AKB is not only cuteness but Hard work.Not hard work in studying or practice lesson,the effort in procces is what fans want to see.Just like Naru when become Center because training camp,if that audition is not appear in tv and just suddenly announce NAru get center i believe naru will not get the fame that she got right now.So I hope Naru able to rise again and learn from this,just like momoka and the other I want team 8 member able to appeal more and get the chance in any occasion like SR,game or anything

18. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Its a few more months to this year's Senbatsu Elections. Not long to go...[hehe]
    Let results speak for itself I guess?

I think Momo getting ranked is inevitable as long no screw-ups.
    Yuiyui will almost definitely rank. Then we'll see if Naru and Nagi advance in ranks

19. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    if we look so many Tokyo Tower what she got in her showroom, i think momoka have many rich fans..die hard fans maybe
    so i guess she had a chance for sousenkyo

sousenkyou this year maybe the best chance to momoka to get rank

20. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    yeah like I'm not blaming her or anything, it is an obvious thought process, especially if you're still just a high schooler. I think here's when her fans should come to communicate things if they are concerned. She's now in that awkward spot of doing good but apparently not good enough. As an SKE and Dasu fan I know quite well about such struggles lol, but tbh it usually ends up all good if she keeps the "hard work". It's not a nice place though.

As for Momoka and as for now, I'm quite pessimistic but generally the current dynamics in 8 seem pretty wild (like they almost had more variety appearances just this week than SKE in whole 2016 lol) with even more things being planned so hard to predict how things will shape.