1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kubo Shiori (Kubochan) / 3rd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by kanjo, Oct 12, 2016.

1. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    Seems she need to work a little more on her annoying/not really like being tortured face reaction. From outer appearance, her oujo-sama image is so strong but she need to warm up a little bit to variety and be like our gracious but dorky asset ikuchan.

2. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    if anything, she might end up like Hori. which was kinda fitting on their pairing.
    As long as she doesnt develops horis habit of shutting down or turning into an android when they look for volunteers. STOP TRYING TO AVOID EYE CONTACT HORI. :p

3. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    haha. When i watched back nogibingo8 1st ep, i wanna her be like riria, laughing but in control, not like our youngest rentan who laughed out loud.haha :^O^::^O^:

4. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    I can feel that she can be the next Naachan. She is the type of girl that we must to protect.
    All her need is time to make her more comfortable with variety, just like Naachan.

5. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Yes, I agree. Kubochan also addressed this in her latest blog at April 10th, where she said that she cried a lot during Nogibingo filming and she apologized for that (a bit of fun fact, she posted the blog hours before the time Nogibingo was broadcasted). For the n-th time in her blog she said that she wants to be stronger, especially mentally. I hope she will be able to do so, at least to the point of being attractive and entertaining while still hating Nogibingo, like Ikuchan [hehe]

But I wouldn't expect much for the nogibingo ep2 later, because it's still the continuation from before. Guess we'll see if she will improve in next episodes.

Edit:
    She performed way better than my expectation. I was worried that she wouldn't be able to do anything, but she managed to even spill out some interesting variety trivia.
    -The first thing I do in the morning... is to go back to sleep again!
    -My recent hobby... is peeling chestnuts!
    -[whilst crying] I am still a middle schooler, but I am able to perform sanmai oroshi to Aji fish! (I'll explain below)
    -I can put 8 pens under my nose!

p.s. sanmai oroshi is a technique to prepare a sushi, which is to cut the fish into three parts and remove the bones. Aji is horse mackerel.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  6. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

7. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Just updated Kubo Shiori gallery with FLASH Special Gravure Best 2017 GW, enjoy :)

Edit:
    So I decided to read the interview part of the photoshoot, and it's a bit interesting although there's some part that is missing from the scans. Might shed some light on how Kubo x Yamashita relationship is going. Here's my attempt at translating it within my limited Japanese:
    (cut)...with that day as the trigger, I don't want to waste another day, as my feelings were cut off and I can't forget it. (note: I don't know who said this)

- What was your impression after seeing each other's performance?
    Kubo : (looking at Yamashita) Genius...
    Yamashita : No no no no (laughs)
    Kubo : I got it from the dressing room. Once... Mmm, can I talk about it?
    Yamashita : It's alright (laughs)
    Kubo : There is a section that becomes a blind spot in the dressing room. When I went to practice there, there was someone already. At that time the theme for the performance examination of the first act was "Yankii [delinquent] and Honor Student", and it was her [there] doing research on how to walk [like a yankii] (laughs)
    Yamashita : I am so embarrassed! (laughs)
    Kubo : But to be able to get that much from the dressing room, so she can show it on stage, I think she is a genius.

- What do you think about Kubo-san?
    Yamashita : We might look like rivals if you see it from our circumstances, but I've always admired her.
    Kubo : That's a lie! (laughs)
    Yamashita : Although Kubo-chan is skillful, she also makes a huge effort. She practices vocalization and facial expressions in front of mirror and reads the script until the very end. She is serious and it makes me understand that it accumulates and leads to the result. You just can't think that her acting is inexperienced. Kubo-chan's singing voice is beautiful, her dance is also very good.
    Kubo : That's not true (laughs)
    Yamashita : That's true!
    Kubo : But I also admire Mii-chan (Yamashita).

- Kubo-san looked at Yamashita-san while shooting and muttered that her face is beautiful, right?
    Kubo : I really love her <3
    Sorry if there's any mistranslation!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  8. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Kubochan can be so innocent and weird at the same time. :lol:
    4d4d9500.jpg d4e26bb3.jpg

9. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  10. Yuki_Burrito

Yuki_Burrito Kenkyuusei

Sooo... just made an account to say that after being a fan of Nogi for a year and basically love every member of Nogi equally to the point of not having any oshimen...
    Well... this girl just made me want to know her more and support her more. I don't know much about her yet but after watching the nogichuu episode as well as Nogibingo episodes, maybe she'll be my first oshi?

11. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Welcome to the club! The more the merrier :banana:

By the way, this article is just in this morning. It's basically a recap of what happened in last night Nogibingo, but there's something controversial in it.
    The title is "Nogizaka46 'Seibo' Kubo Shiori, Cute Cheerleader Cosplay Show!"

I may take an excerpt of the article, where it's written in there "Kubo Shiori is the member who is in talk to be 'Nidaime Seibo (2nd Seibo)' among fans because she resembles Fukagawa Mai who previously joined Nogizaka46 and was nicknamed '聖母 -Seibo (Holy Mother)'"

Now I get a mixed feeling about this.
    As most of you have already known, Seibo is a nickname exclusively given to Maimai, a nickname so dearly used to address her motherly figure during her time as Nogizaka member. There was once an attempt to pass the mantle to another member, but Kawago Hina as the closest junior of Maimai and also the judge deemed no one worthy to be the next Seibo (I can't remember if this was on Nogibingo or Nogichuu).
    Although I would be happy if one day Kubochan could be the next Seibo (or any other nickname that correlates to being a motherly being), I feel like it's too soon to drop a title like that, as it can potentially agitate Maimai fans. Last thing I want is for Kubochan to be hated for something she did not do, even more if it's just because of an article.

Though, Nogibingo!8 itself already gave Kubochan the title "聖女 -Seijo (Saint)" in the first episode. Close enough :).

12. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Yup . . . I'm also not a fan of any member being compared or named after senior or even members of other groups. That's where arguments happen. Maimai really fits the 'holy mother' nickname. Too bad I was a late comer to the fandom & only take notice of her when she was about to graduate. Goodness that episode (dokkiri) where Kawago borrows money from Maimai, forgot which show it was. Maimai is just amazing, so kind, caring, so generous to lend a helping hand, even thinking ahead if she help some more. So just to be considered, it's a big honor for Kubochan. Perhaps her treatment with the other girls of 3rd gen are worthy of that complement. That I'd like to see. Though I expect it coming from an older member, like Minamin maybe, not Shiori. So it's still cool in a way.

btw, @Yuki_Burrito, you have chosen well :v:

13. maigo

maigo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
  14. shonseu

shonseu Kenkyuusei

Hello! I started watching NogiBingo8 and absolutely adore the 3rd gen. Momochan and Kubochan are so adorable. Looking forward to being more active on this thread.

15. jason.copeland23

jason.copeland23 Kenkyuusei

she looks shiny while performing

16. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Welcome! :approve:
    Yes, she looks dazzling. And her fair complexion (arguably the fairest) really helps.

Some of screenshots from last night performance.
    e6807d37.jpg 2d33f02f.jpg 7fd88826.jpg 4a4c26f1.jpg 9e2fb07c.jpg 332cbb16.jpg 8326e0c3.jpg ae9c055f.jpg 37c14bd2.jpg

17. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  18. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Continuing from what I posted in 3rd gen thread, there has been a surge of compliments from fans on Kubochan's singing ability through the course of 3rd generation live concert. I figured it will be proper if I go more elaborate here.
    Mainly I got these from twitter, but I also go as deep as 2ch threads. Just to name a few...
    from Twitter

"Pardon me for saying this, but I was surprised by how good Kubo Shiori is in singing and her voice volume too. In variety show, her voice was small, and has this kind of hesitating feeling, but she did singing and dancing performance majestically. I heard that she joined Rakuten Eagles Junior Cheerleader Class, now I understand." source

"A powerful, clear, and transparent singing voice that you can't imagine coming from that body. Especially when she nailed the solo part of Nandome no Aozora ka. Unlike her slightly weak impression in the (TV) program, today she definitely becomes a member that draws attention. She is always smiling, perfect full mark. (I'm not biased)" source

"Although she's not my oshi, I wonder how they will do live singing if there is no Kubochan. Nandome no Aozora ka and Kikkake solo part gave me goosebumps. Her singing is great, her karaoke level for an idol is good, I think she has enough talent to earn money through singing." source

"Kubo Shiori. In the middle of Kanashimi no Wasurekata, Nandome no Aozora ka, Kikkake, Kimi no Nawa Kibou live performance the solo part is not at the level of 'a little better karaoke than the others', it's a powerful singing voice with a core and how she express herself was good." (the tweet then proceeds to compliment Umezawa Minami too) source

"Today's Kubo Shiori showed fascinating overwhelming singing ability in Nandome no Aozora ka solo part. It's not just good singing, the feeling that suddenly struck your chest is different from Ikuta Erika. After all, my eyes kept meeting with this girl. I think maybe everyone's eyes is captivated by her." source

from 2ch

"I want Kubochan solo song, this girl is dangerous."
    "Even if now she's already cute, by the time she turns 18 she will become a beautiful girl and the singing skill will be improved more and more, it won't be surprising to see her becoming the best idol ever."
    "Looking at looks, skill, popularity and so on comprehensively, the main singer of 3rd gen after all is Kubochan."

and more..
    I can't wait to see her growth in the future. If she is really that amazing this early, who knows what will she become of a few years ahead. Please love her, fellow fans! :D
    (Honestly I am a bit upset seeing 3rd album HS result for first round, but that's already impressive so it's actually okay. I hope more and more people will become aware of this wonderful young lady.)

19. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@eternalord thanks for the fans report :) and i am glad fans recognized her vocal skills in the live concert :worthy:

from Mouri-p

[​IMG]

20. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Thanks for the impressions! It all sounds very promising.

Tapatalk を使用して私の D6503 から送信