1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Ota Yuuri (Yuuri) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Feb 20, 2012.

1. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I know its super short notice but if anyone is interested in sending birthday messages to Yuuri, please send me a PM. It needs to be short so it can fit into a message card and I will try to get it into the birthday album the committee will send to her on her birthday show on the 8th.

2. hoabinh56

hoabinh56 Kenkyuusei

Good job, Yuuri
    This is the first time she has been at center senbatsu. I hope staff will get her (and Aayan) center in next single

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2016
  3. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I saw her center and was really nice, Maybe next year she'll be able to center a song like Riripon did

4. hoabinh56

hoabinh56 Kenkyuusei

I don't follow stage N3 much, Has Yuuri been performed Zipper ?

5. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    No, she has only ever performed ONEW and Kono Sekai for N3.

6. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Yuuri wrote a blog about her joining the senkyo this year:

7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Kuroi Tenshi performance with Yuuri as the center!

if the video does not show watch the video here

She did well and she looks really pretty <3
    and for elections I hope she can rank in the 20-30's this year!

8. exophase13

exophase13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    This is a little bit OOT could someone tell me who is the girl that pulled the dokkiri to Yuuri in this video?
    I'm very new in terms of NMB members knowledge

9. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    Hayashi Momoka

10. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Who coincidentally has a magazine spread with Yuuri released last month!

1179991b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2017
  11. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Yuuri's 2017 NMB48 Profile Picture.
    [​IMG]

12. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    About a month and a half ago, Sayaka did an interview with modelpress and she talked about various stuff about herself and NMB. She really pushed Yuuri hard in the interview and I decided to translate it here.

Its a good interview though, so you should read the whole thing if you can.

https://mdpr.jp/interview/detail/1676260
    NMB Yamamoto Sayaka, The reason for focusing on "negative opinions" from fans and the NMB members she's relying on.
    w700c-ez_0a309c8da9939da17f63c45cd7de06589113cca4adc956d3.jpg

- You say that you rely on other members alot. You've said that you talk with them about various things, like for example, there's been a graduation rush recently of 1st gens, what do you talk to the members about?

YS: Basically we talk about NMB as a group. I don't have visibility on teams other than my own, for example, so I listen to them and exchange information.

I also talk to my kouhai and ask them what they're thinking about. In those instances, I find out that my kouhai also think about the betterment of the group and I think to myself that I want to work with this person a lot more.

- For example, who are we talking about?

YS: I talk to Ota Yuuri alot.

w700c-ez_ade4afea237c543a4a254b65173da112f431075f880d9317.jpg

- Who else?

w700c-ez_3a2b53b0802f3adb8364f19cdac7f473d8b8ac1cd96227b2.jpg

YS: Each member has their own specialty... like Suto Ririka? She says anything and does anything that she wants. She's pretty much the type to cause waves (laughs) For fans, it must be a lot of fun and from the point of view of keeping everything from becoming boring, her presence is important to the group.

But members like Yuuri who think about the group and has self-awareness is important too. If you look at Yuuri, she has the ambition but she has this weird way of looking at herself objectively where even if she were given the center position she would say something like "I am not yet fit to be center" (laughs) That hardheadedness is important for someone who will be standing in the middle.

- Ota Yuuri is very similar to Saya-ne, don't you think?

YS: I think we're very similar! We both are hardheaded in that we don't accept things that do not match our image. Thats why, even if she doesn't want to go out in front, I want to pull her towards it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Continuing on from the Sayaka interview, is a Yuuri interview! This was conducted after the recent Okinawa concert that NMB attended.

We ask "Next-gen Ace" NMB48 Ota Yuuri her real feelings

w700c-ez_106c04637629fa04a3cf008c7d2041e6c0967a22a9a93405.jpg

We asked Ota about the interview we conducted with Yamamoto Sayaka on April 5th and she said that she "read it!" and she understands that Yamamoto has high expectations of her.

In that interview, Yamamoto said about Ota:

"Members like Yuuri who think about the group and has self-awareness are important too. If you look at Yuuri, she has the ambition but she has this weird way of looking at herself objectively where even if she were given the center position she would say something like "I am not yet fit to be center" (laughs) That hardheadedness is important for someone who will be standing in the middle."

- Sayaka has high expectations of you!

OY: It makes me happy to be thought of that way by my senpai. But I really don't have self-awareness nor am I mature.

Now that I am a senpai myself, my kouhai are counting on me and I want to become someone who is able to answer those expectations. Everything that the 1st gen have done for us, I want to be able to do for my kouhai.

- That's very promising! In that same breath, how about being center?

OY: Being center is a bit... its a big responsibility.

- (Its exactly as Sayaka said...) But you were center on the stage just now?
    w700c-ez_e9ea870af9fe71ce553248292c700228a95356a3534a66d7.jpg
    (Ota Yuuri as center)

OY: That's true but... going out there as the representative of the group is worrisome... I don't have a good vocabulary and I don't look good on closeup shots.

- ?!
    w700c-ez_b4b54d03115dfc0834e0c4496ae936598cbcbd68959d65cf.jpg
    (Very good closeup shot of Ota Yuuri)

OY: It is very scary. I love standing on the stage and performing but when I have to go on TV, I take a step back without thinking.

- Do you want to center a single?
    w700c-ez_d015c74f0385cde3cd23ccab9e4f0c47c729ca88a9b459d3.jpg

OY: I mean, at least once in my life... Yes, if they let me do it, I want to do it to the best of my abilities.

- What kind of song do you want to center?

OY: NMB48 has been doing cool songs like "Must be now" and "Boku igai no Dareka" recently but I think a traditional idol song would be good as well. Something bright and happy like "Nagiichi" would be great!

- Your performance of Watanabe Miyuki's "Yasashiku suru yori Kiss wo shite" left a very strong impression. How do you feel about going solo?
    w700c-ez_52278ca1afddb09e0026e7232de8e9f12a45de0cbadff028.jpg

OY: I love doing solo performances. I love it but... the demand...

- I think there is demand for it...!

OY: Thank you (laughs) I would be happy if they let me do solos during concerts!

- One last thing, could you tell us what the secret is to achieve your dreams?

OY: I always keep in mind to never get caught up in impulse and to always keep a cool head.

In showbiz and/or the idol world, you get caught up in a lot of things but I believe that if you bear with it for just a bit, your dreams will come true.

- Thank you very much!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    Thank you for posting a translation!

15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

OMG this would be perfect!!! a NMB single with a fun and great idol song like Nagiichi, and with Yuuri as center :cute: This needs to happen!!!

Btw thanks for sharing the interview translation, it's nice to read. I like how Sayanee supports Yuuri. and it looks like Yuuri lacks in self-confidence, like how she thinks there's no demand for solo stages of her LOL. it's not true, I'd love to see more solo stages of her! I hope she gains more confidence.

16. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu

17. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    She has this very reserved personality that is easily misinterpreted as being aloof. She's just very prim and proper so she doesn't like promoting herself as being great.

You can see with how the D2/5thGen and B2 members treat her that she is beloved by everyone backstage.

18. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Here is the Yuuri feature from the Sosenkyo Guidebook. Yuuri got 2 pages (only Miru and Akarin had more among NMB)
    630397.LINE-2.jpg

According to Yuuri herself, "after I got into High School, my Eighth-Grade syndrome (Chuunibyou) got worse. (laughs)" She's the timid character but she's so serious that the tips of her hair are probably serious too. When she ranked in as 52nd place last year, she said on the stage "I want to be the ace of NMB48."

"I came up with those words right there on the stage. I just let my feelings out. However, my goal last year was to get into Next Girls so while Future Girls were getting called out, I was going 'don't call me, don't call me' inside. But I was called for 52nd place, Future Girls. I was sad that I wasn't able to get into Next Girls."

The NMB48 Ace is Yamamoto Sayaka. You could say absolute center considering her immense presence. Yamamoto Sayaka is not joining the Sousenkyo this year.

"Because the Senbatsu regular Sayaka-san is not joining the Sousenkyo this year, I feel that it is important for NMB to get as many members to rank in. I want to be one of those. If I get into Under Girls, I'm sure my fans would all be very happy but I think the best result would be to get into Senbatsu. If I was able to get into Senbatsu, all the other NMB fans would say "Good Job!" In that sense, I feel that I have to get into Senbatsu no matter what.""

As well, Ota Yuuri is being called "Yamamoto Sayaka's successor" among fans. "Thats impossible! Its just that we get along well and hang out together a lot so fans start to say... start to read too much into it. I also don't think Sayaka-san has any intention of entrusting anything to me. I get called the 'successor' but really the only thing similar about us is umm... our personalities, how we think and analyze, and other than that, I guess our hobbies. Oh wait, if our personalities and hobbies are the same, I guess they have a point.(laughs)"

We point out that they also share short hair and a husky voice.

"No, I don't think so. I just have a deep voice. As I grow older, my voice becomes deeper and deeper. (laughs)"

Nevertheless, her love for Yamamoto Sayaka is evident.

"Recently, I sent a text to Sayaka-san saying 'I"m listening to your solo album.' and she was shook up and replied 'Eeee? Really? You're listening?' (laughs) I have Sayaka-san's album both on my phone and my mp3 player so I can listen to it anytime and anywhere! I really like 'Tsukikage' (Moonlight) and 'Gimonfu' (Question Mark)"

Even though she denies being the successor, what a beautiful story it is to hear that the current ace's songs are beloved by the future ace. Can we see the bright future of NMB48 in the Sousenkyo?

Topic 01
    Sayanee has entrusted the future to suspected weirdo bishojo "Yuuri"?!

Its common knowledge among fans and just doing a simple search online will get you myriad twoshots, hear about members being jealous, and really if you start talking about the closeness of Ota Yuuri and Yamamoto Sayaka's relationship, you will be here a while. While "Sayane has declared Yuuri as her successor" "Yuuri is NMB's future ace!" is often talked about but denied, while she is able to interact with Yamamoto Sayaka, and absorb learnings from her even just through osmosis. In the end, she could very turn into the true successor!

According to Yuuri herself, "after I got into High School, my Eighth-Grade syndrome (Chuunibyou) got worse. (laughs)" She's the timid character but she's so serious that the tips of her hair are probably serious too. When she ranked in as 52nd place last year, she said on the stage "I want to be the ace of NMB48."

"I came up with those words right there on the stage. I just let my feelings out. However, my goal last year was to get into Next Girls so while Future Girls were getting called out, I was going 'don't call me, don't call me' inside. But I was called for 52nd place, Future Girls. I was sad that I wasn't able to get into Next Girls."

The NMB48 Ace is Yamamoto Sayaka. You could say absolute center considering her immense presence. Yamamoto Sayaka is not joining the Sousenkyo this year.

"Because the Senbatsu regular Sayaka-san is not joining the Sousenkyo this year, I feel that it is important for NMB to get as many members to rank in. I want to be one of those. If I get into Under Girls, I'm sure my fans would all be very happy but I think the best result would be to get into Senbatsu. If I was able to get into Senbatsu, all the other NMB fans would say "Good Job!" In that sense, I feel that I have to get into Senbatsu no matter what.""

As well, Ota Yuuri is being called "Yamamoto Sayaka's successor" among fans. "Thats impossible! Its just that we get along well and hang out together a lot so fans start to say... start to read too much into it. I also don't think Sayaka-san has any intention of entrusting anything to me. I get called the 'successor' but really the only thing similar about us is umm... our personalities, how we think and analyze, and other than that, I guess our hobbies. Oh wait, if our personalities and hobbies are the same, I guess they have a point.(laughs)"

We point out that they also share short hair and a husky voice.

"No, I don't think so. I just have a deep voice. As I grow older, my voice becomes deeper and deeper. (laughs)"

Nevertheless, her love for Yamamoto Sayaka is evident.

"Recently, I sent a text to Sayaka-san saying 'I"m listening to your solo album.' and she was shook up and replied 'Eeee? Really? You're listening?' (laughs) I have Sayaka-san's album both on my phone and my mp3 player so I can listen to it anytime and anywhere! I really like 'Tsukikage' (Moonlight) and 'Gimonfu' (Question Mark)"

Even though she denies being the successor, what a beautiful story it is to hear that the current ace's songs are beloved by the future ace. Can we see the bright future of NMB48 in the Sousenkyo?

Topic 01
    Sayanee has entrusted the future to suspected weirdo bishojo "Yuuri"?!

Its common knowledge among fans and just doing a simple search online will get you myriad twoshots, hear about members being jealous, and really if you start talking about the closeness of Ota Yuuri and Yamamoto Sayaka's relationship, you will be here a while. While "Sayane has declared Yuuri as her successor" "Yuuri is NMB's future ace!" is often talked about but denied, while she is able to interact with Yamamoto Sayaka, and absorb learnings from her even just through osmosis. In the end, she could very turn into the true successor!

Topic 02
    Has center experience on a nationally televised music show!

Double center with Suto Ririka of "Amagami-hime" B-side "Hakanai Monogatari", Solo center of "Niji no Tsukurikata", Double center with Yagura Fuuko of "Let It Snow" from the latest single, she has been gaining experience as center little by little, gaining experience to become someone who will carry the future of NMB. As well as performing Watanabe Miyuki's graduation single "Boku wa Inai" in a nationally televised music show, as the center flanked by Yamamoto Sayaka and Shiroma Miru.

Has center experience on a nationally televised music show!

Double center with Suto Ririka of "Amagami-hime" B-side "Hakanai Monogatari", Solo center of "Niji no Tsukurikata", Double center with Yagura Fuuko of "Let It Snow" from the latest single, she has been gaining experience as center little by little, gaining experience to become someone who will carry the future of NMB. She also performed to rave reviews, Watanabe Miyuki's graduation single "Boku wa Inai" in a nationally televised music show, as the center flanked by Yamamoto Sayaka and Shiroma Miru.

• Like Like x 1
  19. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Here is the article from Nikkan Sports (a newspaper) on Yuuri

NMB Ota Yuuri / Happy for the pressure of expectations

040cheki-20170502-ohta-w500_1.jpg

NMB48's "Ultimate" next-gen ace is Ota Yuuri (17). Putting aside her perfect looks, she is very cool and collected which is why she has been getting more and more attention. From NMB alumnus Watanabe Miyuki to the soon-to-graduate Fujie Reina, alot of members call her the "perfect idol" and declare her as their oshimen.

Strong. She has a gaze comparable to her senpai, Shiroma Miru (19). You can't help but get lost in her eyes.

"The senbatsu. I want to be in the top 16. Miru-san in the Kami-7 and me in the senbatsu. I want a lot of members from NMB to rank-in and I want to be one of those that do. I can feel the expectations and with it the pressure but, for now, it makes me happy."

She joined NMB in the 6th grade and now she is a senior in High School. Starting this year she is Team B2 center. The ultimate next-gen.

"This year, I won't be running after my senpai but I want to go by my pace. Actually, I want to pull my team up during MCs. I feel I am growing the most during theater shows."

Able to look at herself objectively, one of her defining traits is her maturity. This is underlined by her reaction to Yamamoto Sayaka's (23) decision to dropout from the Sousenkyo this year.

"She said she wouldn't join but I wanted her to. If Sayaka's votes were to go to other members, they would say that my result would be 'because of Sayaka's votes' and that frustrates me."

But after saying that, she thinks of it from Yamamoto's point of view and changes her tone.

"Sayaka wants her votes to go around and to help NMB grow. I think maybe it would be best to accept this and do as she wishes. That is why, especially because of this, I need to get into senbatsu."

She has an angelic smile but has a cool and clever side to her. The battle of her 17th year is exciting!

20. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Thank you Zeroshiki for this translation.

Can i post it on tumblr? I give you credit. Or perhaps you've done it already?