1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48 49th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (17/06/17)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 20, 2017.

1. husna212

husna212 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina
  2. ET920

ET920 Member

3. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    This SSK really is a mess, wow.

4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Yuko also.

https://twitter.com/Oshima__Yuko/status/875548870515630080

5. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    impressive!! the staffs are really impressive!! they couldnt do better to destroy akb! what else??? another johnny's gayband?? or maybe cancel the graduation concert of mayu sashi yuki next time and live broadcasting it at SHOWROOM????? IMPRESSIVE !!

6. wakadere

wakadere Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okada nana + cherprang
    :U

Current and only mood.

I feel awful for all the fans and members who flew to Okinawa for this. Why are the girls apologizing when it should be the staff.

7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Did hate that title (Mostly since westerners reacting to stuff in Japan in a weird or WTF way for stuff that isn't that is really starting to irk me).

But I did love that they mentioned it.

No offense, but you really need to relax.

8. ET920

ET920 Member

^ Just as you reading the article's title :awesome:

9. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Well, looks like cancelling the concert didn't really do them any good either (there goes my earlier post lol).

Truly an unfortunate event with only a day away. And all the girls who didn't make it to Okinawa (whoever they are) I feel bad knowing that someone is probably gonna rank and she won't even be with the others. This might be the worst SSK since the first one tbh lol. And it's gonna be so fucking quiet...like the fans reactions is half the fun. Like hearing Sasshi's name being screamed by the fans is a joyous moment (or whoever wins the election u know). There's a sense of 48-community when the Top 16 get announced and this year was definitely gonna be interesting. Truly a shame.

I'm with everyone here...postponing it even just a few days probably wouldn't even be that bad just for announcing the ranks with all the girls together.

10. mayushimen

mayushimen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    ^ i was thinking bout it lmao

the event should be on closed local, or they should be a plan B........

11. ET920

ET920 Member

They had sponsors for the location, and they decided to risk it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Only 10k fans were attending apparently. Had it been a 70k venue, I guess it could have hurt, but it's 1/7 compared to their biggest concerts, so it's not as bad as everyone thinks. Obviously they had guessed this could happen, that's why they prepared an alternative location, and I assume they realized having it cancelled wouldn't hurt their reputation nor their finances that much. It's said they had lost USD 6m in their first Tokyo Dome concert, this can't be worse.

12. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I am in Okinawa now, but not for the sousenkyo. I was here for tourism, and I can say that it has been raining everyday since I got here. Some days it will rain for hours, other days it will rain very briefly. Today is actually my last day here, and as I was checking out there were HUNDREDS of people outside checking into my hostel and to nearby hotels. Most of them had AKBG related items in their possession. It's a shame that they all came for nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jiinatsu

jiinatsu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    What management should've done is postpone both the concert and SSK for at least a week (and find the nearest suitable indoor venue that could accommodate both the girls and paying fans), then open up the voting again. Not only could they hold the SSK in its usual format, but they could possibly rake in a bit more money to cover some of the extra expenses as well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mayushimen

mayushimen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    So.... Result announcement of AKB48 49th Senbatsu Sousenkyo 2017 will be aired on Fuji TV June 17, 2017 start 19:00 JST

15. Rem

Rem Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    They're not going to postpone it because they already bought the Fuji TV 7pm timeslot.

16. ET920

ET920 Member

I'm guessing here that Fuji TV will only broadcast the top 32 positions as intended. I'm guessing, again, that BS will broadcast the 80-33 positions as planned too.

17. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    yeah im just buying a couple of coffees and trying to relax after just arriving in here and checking in the hotel and open my laptop and seeing this great news in the GOD DAMN OKINAWA!! WTF!!

18. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Okinawa is a beautiful place. There is plenty to do there <3 You can check out the aquarium that they filmed Sayonara Crawl in.

19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

wow. A MESS. I feel bad for the fans who spend money to travel & for hotels and it's all for nothing. Besides it's not like management didn't expect this but they still took the risk... and now here we are :S

This is random but I saw an article while reading Karen's thread, she got an interview related to elections (yeah even though she is graduated and never ranked before but they still made an interview to her about it) and the theme of the interview was about how the public thinks elections should stop... tbh elections are still the biggest event for AKB so I doubt they'll stop, but I really feel like the elections this year are underwhelming. Maybe it's just me. all the mess doesn't help, LOL. it really makes me wonder if this is still worth it. I guess management still makes money from it so for them it's definitely worth it, but from outsider point of view... idk. I'm still going to watch though (just for curiosity rather than excitement) and hope the result is interesting, especially since it might be quiet without fans.

20. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

So no Mayuyu chant when she wins =///
    sad! very sad!
    Well, they cant postpone / cancel the event as there is too much money related and it's the biggest akb event too... The only one the have a really national attention.
    So, for people watching on TV which is almost everyone, better have it broadcast then nothing.

Shame for the people attending the concert, but you always know that this possibility exist, so, it was unexpected too!