1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

2nd Gen Thread Official

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by mayuri91, Mar 13, 2017.

1. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    Members of 2nd gen

Hori miona
    Kitano hinako
    Shinuchi mai
    Sagara iori
    Terada ranze
    Ito karin
    Ito junna
    Suzuki ayane
    Watanabe miria
    Yamazaki rena
    Sasaki kotoko
    Yada risako
    Nishikawa nanami
    Yonetoku kyoka

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  2. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I've nothing against a 2nd gen thread but I don't know how useful it would be. They don't really do any activities as 2nd gens anymore, they're all integrated, just "Nogizaka".
    But either way you're mising Yonetoku Kyoka.

3. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    It's okay to have a thread dedicated to 2nd Gen. It's good to discuss things related to them. It makes it easier than using the generic Nogi thread especially if you want to really get into 2nd Gen discussion and don't want it to get lost in the noise in that thread...

What should we discuss first?

4. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    This thread should be existed since years ago. I also dont know what to discuss now. Probably just posting pictures of 2nd gen is good enough.​

5. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Yeah it should have.
    I just worry it might be a bit late because their last activity as a group was in Summer (with the 2nd gen song - finally! and the Seitansai at the 2nd album release 46hrs TV).
    But I guess we can discuss any news that comes from blogs about the upcoming 2nd gen anniversary. Particularly I'm curious to see if Kiichan will go.
    Or the fact that three 2nd gens (Miria, Renachi and Ayane) took the top of Undergirls! And if the thread existed I probably would've discussed the number of members in senbatsu this time.

Here's something current:
    A lot of Nogi fans don't get to the games side of the forum but the 2nd gen are currently the subject of an elimination game there.
    Each member starts off with 10 points and players can take away 1 point from 2 members and add 1 point to one member.
    This continues until only one member remains. For the full rules visit page 1 of the thread.
    It's a bit of fun and I wouldn't want to see the 2nd gen's game be dead so I hope some people join.
    http://www.stage48.net/forum/index....ka-2nd-generation.16324/page-183#post-1295710

6. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    I think it's too late to make this kind of thread. Also, member's thread is dead. My slight reaction was: Can we just discuss right there?

But I'm appreciate it. I hope it wont fill by jealousy.

7. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Sure. I say discuss Nogizaka in any thread -- this one, member's, the generic thread, etc. It's great to discuss them.

I don't think it's too late. We can always discuss specific 2nd Gen topics like "Is Maichun the shadow ace of 2nd Gen?" or "Is getting labeled 'the mood maker' the kiss of death for Junna?" and how about "Is that really Iori?" Lots of things can be mentioned in this thread!

Just look at what @kanjo posted...
    Can someone dig up clips of their Seitansai from the 2nd 46 Hour Marathon?

I believe that she will go because everyone and their Nogizaka loving uncle will be asking her if she went at each HS event from now until the anniversary.

Can that mean eventually these 3 can make senbatsu? My fingers and toes are crossed!

8. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Miria and Ranzae represented 2nd Gen during 17th Single Hit Campaign. Was that the first time any 2nd Gen participated in the single's Hit Campaign? I can only think of Miona and Iori participating in Inochi's Campaign -- train station posters, or maybe Miona for Barette, but I can't remember. Were Miria and Ranze the first?

9. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Is it just me who is noticing that 2nd Gen is almost everywhere nowadays? Not as popular as the 1st or 3rd Gens but still out there doing stuff. They've been busy.

First, they got 4 in Influencer senbatsu: Hori, Kiichan, Maichun, and Ranze. Also, not to be outdone but Miria centers Unders' song with a front line consisting of Yamazaki and Ayane. Not bad.

Next, let's list out some their current activities beyond the single.
    • Ito Karin co-hosting a Shogi focused show
    • Ito Junna in the Inuyasha stage play
    • KTK doing that weird HaZAP show with Ayane
    • Maichun doing ANN0 radio show
    • Hori with her own radio show, Recomen
    • Miria doing hosting duties for Nogizaka's 「の」radio show
    There's some I'm missing I'm sure, but it looks like they are all a bit busy. They may not be getting the push as 3rd Gen is but they're not exactly missing out on opportunities. It must be a far cry than how they were treated in their formative years. I think this goes to show how deep a bench Nogizaka-chan has.

10. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    junna as kikyo got postitive remarks from the fans of the anime. Just saw a youtube video where he put the cast photo with the anime character. I cant paste the link because i log in with phone right now.

11. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I was thinking about the next Nogi single, the 18th, and wondering when will the remaining 2nd Gen members make senbatsu? There's still 6 of them that haven't made it: Junna, Miria, Ayane, Yamazaki, KTK, Karin. Will management allow them? I'm hopeful. Every member should experience senbatsu once in their idol career. I would really like it if they did get in before 3rd Gen starts taking those spots or they graduate. I believe all 1st Gen members still around by the 10th single had made senbatsu. It's been 10 singles since Miona centered "Barette," it's time for the rest to make it in.

If management allows them, what's the best way to get all 2nd Gen a position in senbatsu?

I'm thinking that if the 18th is still 21 members, we start with 3: Miria, Ayane, and Yamazaki. If it's a smaller size then Miria and Yamazaki. They're the ones I would love to see do a summer single. Karin, my 2nd Gen oshimen, should get a chance in the single at the end of the year, because I would love to see her in all the year end shows. Finally, Junna and KTK get a chance next year.

12. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I don't know, but except Maichun, Miona, and Kichan, the rest of 2nd gen has very low acceptability rate to enter Fukujin, contrary to Senbatsu 3rd row.

They still have a long road ahead.

13. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Sure. Sure. But all I'm asking for is all of them making senbatsu once in their Nogi career. Third row senbatsu would be a welcome change for them.

14. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Lol only Miona have a chance at Fukujin. Probably Kiichan if they decided to go all jisedai like what they did with AshuMina back then.

As for senbatsu, Miria has a high chance to be in senbatsu, since most(all?) UG centers will eventually get senbatsu in a distant future (Marika, Ashu, Ranze, Hinachima, Himetan, Miona)
    And the other ones would be Ayane & Renachi. I do think Ayane have a slightly better chance than Renachi, but who knows.
    Maybe Junna will get senbatsu coz of her Inuyasha thing, and Iori senbatsu one more time pls.

15. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    @honeyNUT I figure Miria will make senbatsu one day. Perhaps even the 18th. All Under centers should be selected, they are after all a focus of a song at least once in their idol career.

As for the others, they should get a chance, too. First Gen all got a shot. Not one remaining Under Member 1st Gen has not been in senbatsu: Noujo (1st and 4th), Rottii (1st and 8th), Chiharu (10th), Kawago (7th), and Maaya (8th).

It's a cup of coffee for some of them, but it is something to be in that single spotlight. To be able to make the TV show rounds would be awesome for them. I'm sure with the bigger sized senbatsu of 19 or 21 you could slot 2nd Gen in. Doing it over the next 3 or 4 singles and all of them would have been in. I would love to see them make it because their reactions would be so great and satisfying for all their fans.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Seeing the 3 way rivalry for queen of 3rd Gen, I wonder if there can be competitiveness amongst for 2nd Gen.

Which 2nd Gen can be the Nanase to Hori's Maiyan? Who can give Hori a run for the money?

(Sure. Sure. I know. Hori is the de facto lead of 2nd Gen and no one can touch her. But can't you think of how much more cooler would 2nd Gen have been if Hori had a challenger to her throne? Imagine Yamazaki or Junna as challengers. I think it would've been the best for the 2nd Gens to have established something like this. As it is, they let it slip by.)

17. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Well the next popular after Hori is Kiichan or Ranze, but they are not even close to Hori's level. I think in the beginning mgmt was hoping for Kiichan to rise, she was the first 2nd gen in senbatsu after Hori's airdrop. But for some reason mgmt dropped the idea or maybe Kiichan's popularity didn't take off from there.

18. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    If they still put hori as 2nd gen sole representative, there is no way rivalry can happen. I doubt management has eye in any 2nd gen right now as they already been busy pushing 3rd gen as new face if nogi.

19. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

I think Maichun had surpassed Kiichan and Ranze in popularity.

20. SUPER☆LeMON

SUPER☆LeMON Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    higuchihina
    Maichun has definitely surpassed Hinako and Ranze, but she's also fortunate enough to be confused to be a 1st gen member by new fans.

Especially these days when 3rd gen is building a strong image while 2nd gen still has no identity at all.