1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia (Ayu-chin) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'JKT48 Graduated Members' started by Saha_6, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

[2014]

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  2. Arigatou means Thank You

Arigatou means Thank You Kenkyuusei

Too bad, she hasn't sent us a status in twitter... :(
    If she hiatus, It's no problem
    But please don't grad for this two years :(
    BTW, sometimes I hate to see few people speak about her in fb... :wall: :mad: :rant:

3. Arigatou means Thank You

Ummm... Thx for the info (where did you get it ?)
    Hope Nabilah can do activity again in JKT... :(

4. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

2015, Ojou Sammy (her username) an idol enthusiast from the US writes her opinion about Nabilah. I copy-paste it from her tumblr. No edit (but no photos included)

JKT48 Member Profile : Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia

Next in the queue of requests is a JKT48 member who is very special to me… my Team Joshi, Nabilah! One of her nicknames is Ayu-chin, but I’ll be calling her Nabilah throughout this post.

Birthdate: November 11, 1999
    Catchphrase: “My name is Nabilah, the chatty one! Let’s have fun together!” (The “let’s have fun together” part is in said English.)

Power, dedication, and style—Nabilah is a well-rounded idol even at a young age.

Nabilah is one of those idols where it sort of feels like… where do I start?! Nabilah is one of the forefront members of the group, so if you’ve seen even just a few things related to JKT48, you’ll probably be able to recognize Nabilah’s face because of her central positions in the group.

For a while, Nabilah was the youngest member of the group before the introduction of Generation 3. While she may no longer hold that “title,” the other members still view her as a younger sister, since her boisterous nature lets her fulfill this role so well.

As she references in her catchphrase, Nabilah is an excitable talking machine! She often relates herself to a rabbit, and it’s easy to see why. Bouncing around, happily chatting with the other members, energetically dancing on stage, singing with all of her might—Nabilah is someone who is always functioning on all cylinders, both around her friends and in front of the audience.

Her confidence on stage likely comes from her years of participating in beauty contests and commercials prior to joining JKT48. Even back when she was two years old, she was a participant in a modeling contest; she’s even boasted about winning second place in a “Healthy Baby Photo” competition!

While Nabilah came to JKT48 with some experience being in front of others, being a performing idol was something that she was new to, and she’s commented in various interviews that she noticed many things she was lacking when she was just starting out in the group. She referenced her struggles to emote frequently, saying that for a while, she would simply keep the same expression from song to song, but through practice, she has learned how to change her expressions, mannerisms, and even dance moves to better convey melancholy and sad songs.

Nabilah also mentioned that at the beginning when the JKT48 theater first opened up, she noticed that she had trouble synchronizing her dance movements and capturing the attention of the audience. She credits hard work and practice to helping her to improve her skill. Now, she’s one of the stronger dancers in JKT48. I’ve shown this clip before, but I want to link it again because I really like it—you can see how Nabilah has such a powerful and sleek dancing style. In this clip, she’s in the light brown coat in the front row.

Nowadays, her stage presence is distinctly powerful. She clearly has honed her skills on engaging the audience. When she’s performing, she always seems to be looking at someone in particular in the audience, which helps to foster a closer connection between the fans and the idol, I think. This performance (just a little preview, but still great!) of Nabilah and Melody singing “Kimi to Boku no Kankei” is an excellent example of that. Another one of my favorite examples of the power of her stage presence is their “RIVER” performance at Budokan in Japan (I know I keep referencing this clip, but I feel like I can’t share it enough! These girls were on FIRE in this performance!) Just look at her from 2:00-2:24; her facial expressions are SO intense (she’s pretty easy to find—just look for the short one in twintails!). She’s a very focused performer—again, something that’s so refreshing to see in someone as young as Nabilah. She may be silly off stage, but when you see her come to life in front of the audience, you can tell that she has unshakable drive. Ari Tulang, a famous choreographer and musical theater director in Indonesia, went to JKT48’s theater last year to watch one of their shows and he singled out Nabilah for being excellent at expressions.

Vocally, Nabilah has a distinct singing voice. It’s a little raspy, and a happy balance of cute and mature. She can handle singing the cute upbeat songs, like she did in her unit of Tenshi no Shippo, sassier songs like Tsundere, and even more soulful things—something that really stood out for me is her acoustic version cover of Tenshi no Shippo.

Proving herself as a versatile performer, Nabilah has been a member of all JKT48 singles since she started out in the group. In her earlier days in the group, Nabilah was commonly spotted wearing a signature twintails hairstyle, but over the years, fans have been able to see her personal style mature, too! In general, Nabilah seems to be very cognizant of her traits, strengths, and weaknesses—she’s mentioned in past interviews how, overall, she felt a bit childish in the mix of JKT48 members, particularly when she first joined the group. She declared that she wanted to become more mature (and, on another note, taller… although there’s not much she can do to actually change her height!) and over the years, it really seems like she’s achieving that. It’s made me a really proud fan to see her gradually getting better as an idol year after year.

Miscellany: Nabilah’s hobbies are singing, dancing, acting, and travel; enjoys playing basketball and swimming; favorite foods are eggs, fried rice, and miso soup; is not very talented at drawing; likes to communicate via Twitter; her dream is to become an international idol; admires Maeda Atsuko; considers herself close friends with everyone; admits that she is proud of her eyes, hair, and “crooked tooth” smile; her goal within JKT48 is to launch a solo album; she’s happiest during events where she gets to meet fans; when she gets married, she wants her wedding dress to have rabbit ears on it; said that if she was ever confessed to, she wouldn’t answer right away; in JKT48’s 2014 Senbatsu Election (their first one as a group), Nabilah came in sixth place; here’s a silly clip of her practicing the wotagei MIX!

My personal thoughts: I’m actually going to keep this fairly short! I apologize for that, but because Nabilah is my oshi, I couldn’t help but insert my personal opinion into a lot of pieces of this profile… I’m just too impressed by her! At first, I think Nabilah is easily underrated or overlooked—even though she has such a prominent position within JKT48. It’s easy to think of her as “the silly, cute one” and assume that she doesn’t have a lot of substance because of her age. However, this couldn’t be farther from the truth! Nabilah is a dynamite performer, and while she can act silly and casual, she’s really very dedicated and focused on making progress as an idol. Even if you compare videos of Nabilah when she was first starting out to current videos, you can tell she’s come quite a long way in terms of her development and improvement as an idol—and she wasn’t even a weak performer to begin with! I feel like she’s gradually stepped more into her character and embraced who she is over the years, rather than feeling the need to fill any sort of certain “character” or “stereotype” within the group. She’s multi-faceted, talented, positive, and, I feel, extremely worthy of all the praise and attention she gets. And, this is probably totally irrelevant but still one of my personal thoughts… as a girl, I want to learn Nabilah’s secrets to always having such gorgeous hair and makeup! ( ´͈ ᗨ `͈ )

As always, thank you for reading! Thank you for supporting JKT48, and I hope you’re enjoying learning more about the members! Photos are not my own and have been sourced from Imajineshon, Idolgraphy, @taufiiq_16, AganSam, and Twitter. Please check them out to see more great JKT48 photos!
    http://ojou-sammy.tumblr.com/post/111260167623/jkt48-member-profile-nabilah-ratna-ayu-azalia

Big thanks to Ojou Sammy :1st:

5. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

in Zara's thread I mentioned this word
    but the obvious mischievous
    is her

bil 2011.jpg
    early photo of Nabilah in jkt48

So far with my unfast internet konektion I find Nab follows things 48 Japan: Official NGT48, Kitahara Rie, Takamina, Sassy, Yuihan

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  6. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

This iz from 2012. Nabilah with Ghaida, Stella and Sonya reminds the fans to watch the tv program JKT48 School

As where there’s Nabilah there will be unscripted funny thing.
    0:59 her a la photomodel pose while saying “and also with nabilah” provokes Ghaida to do so :lol: Very funny as well, Ghaida-san!

7. Arigatou means Thank You

I had seen Nabilah retweet some of JKT48 post, won't she be graduate in this near time ? :confused:

8. Arigatou means Thank You

At the end, Nabilah had started tweet again :cry2:
    (Too much fresh huge wind :cry2: )

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  9. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

I guess this is from year 2011-2012
    nab 2012.jpg

10. Pasha

Pasha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shaniajunianatha
    Twitter:
    naim_pasha
    I hope Nabilah won't graduate from JKT48 soon, cuz she's still young and has a long way to go

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

11. shirokage

shirokage Kenkyuusei

Bye Bye dek zaenab....

She is already graduated....:cry::cry::cry:

12. Pasha

Pasha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shaniajunianatha
    Twitter:
    naim_pasha
    How do u know? She haven't announced yet

13. Pasha

Pasha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shaniajunianatha
    Twitter:
    naim_pasha
    Oh this is her announcement via letter and the website[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Arigatou means Thank You

15. Arigatou means Thank You

The letter from Nabilah... Sorry for bad English and bad translation
    About Nabilah Ratna Ayu
    Because her poor health, Nabilah had taken recovery hiatus, but because her recovery hasn't a mean, so she can't perform anymore with better condition in front of all of fans.
    After discussed with management, she decided to resign. Because of that, she won't be in JKT48 anymore start from 31/10/17.

The letter for fans from Nabilah.

Hey All ! How are you ? Long time not see you. We just meet again with me although with just white paper. Hope this can deliver my feel and cure my homesickness.
    I believe there isn't person who has ready with the separation. But, separation will be there and to be the part of meeting. Me too today. 6 years had been passed with me with joy and sorrow together. All had used and to be beautiful and forever memories in my memory. It's not easy for me to say good bye, I feel, It's not enough to write all of contain of my heart.

I thank goodness can be with JKT48 which had brought up (pushed) my name, taught me to be professional during I was in here. I had temped to work as well as I can. Although sometimes not easy as I thought, once there were many challenge attemped, I attemped to not care. I tried still enjoy. But this obstacle in this time, I must choose one of choices. Because, to separate these cases are too difficult, education and JKT.
    Both need more consentration. Because of that, I choose to consentrate in education. I had tried to attemped them, like now, without all of you knew months ago until now. I tried to always responsible with my duty with exercise. Because, honestly I was always late to exercise together with other, but I wanted to try to show I can although must divided my school time. But, It's unable, I must choose one of that and I choose to education. Pray for me for my target after this graduation can be achieved. Now, I will serious in pursuit of education truly for my future.

Beside of that, when the big challenge for me when I work in JKT48 was my health condition, after I get appendectomy, I can't fit for perform in stage like before although I had received for hiatus from management, but my condition hasn't recoveried nicely.

There were when I had complicated and made all of people worried about this. I'm very sorry for all.

It's so difficult to choose my choice now, but I believe that with the choice which I hade made, I believe that later I can be like what has been up to now, for all of you. Separating is heavy, but I always believe there is big message (wisdom) behind that, which Allah (Allah = God in Islam) had planned it. My last hope, hope all of you can approve my decision which had been chosen by me. I believe with Allah's planning for my life, the sadly separating is forgotten. So, don't forget sweet memories which had passed all this time. Me too who won't forget all which had passed with all of you.

Last word, allow me to continue this journey. Way which had been made by me. The way which bring me to be something more better. Thanks for all.

Jakarta, 30 Oktober 2017
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia

We begged to support and understand which is taken by Nabilah. Please always support for Nabilah and JKT48.

JKT48 Operation Team

16. HangPC2

HangPC2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shintanaomi
    Twitter:
    HangPC2
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia takes down her picture from the portrait wall of the JKT48 theater (31/10/2017)

1.jpg

2.jpg

17. HangPC2

HangPC2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shintanaomi
    Twitter:
    HangPC2

18. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

Attached Files:

19. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

Nabilah funny moment
    (year :2012)

20. Nabilott

Nabilott Member

On 21 Jan she [and her school team] participated in a science competition held by faculty of dentist of Airlangga University in Surabaya (about 766 km for Jakarta)

nb ipa.jpg
    from https://twitter.com/nblh_ayu/ 22 Jan status