1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

This actually also happened to me... I follow AKB since 7 years ago, but after 3 or 4 years I started to focus on the new gens a lot. and so I didn't pay much attention to my oshimens of older gens. I had favs in new gens (but later, they either left, or my interest went down). then around 1-2 years ago I realize the AKB that I love the most is the one I got into initially, the old gens... and I felt bad for neglecting my old gen favs and old gens in general when they mean more to me when it comes to AKB's history. since then I have focused on my old gens fav more again and cherish every moment. although I still have some new gen favs but not so many & I have less time to follow idols. but anyway now I can accept Mayuyu's graduation without regrets even though I'm sad & I will miss her as idol ;_; I'm happy that I supported her and followed her until the end. I will still check on her news after grad too, of course <3

3. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
  4. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    I wonder what's with all these photos below the article... so much scrolling and eyecandy here. Do they consider this a good news?

5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  6. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Dear Koreaboo,

if the video does not show watch the video here

7. DivineIdolMayu

DivineIdolMayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Those photos of Mayuyu were really her gravure photoshoots and the photos within those "posts" were likely taken from other users' accounts in which the people who posted happened to look like Mayuyu.

I looked at the article and ended up disgusted, knew it was fake, and only created to attempt (and fail) to hurt an idol's career. Mayu is a good girl and I don't expect her to do those disgusting things mentioned in the article. I believe she's mainly graduating due to her long tenure in the group and her ambition to be an actress, not for the Instagram hack.

8. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Hate to break it to ya, but it was really her secret Instagram account.

Tho this was like last century news surprised that some people didn't hear about it.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

9. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    :^^;::^^;::^^;:
    have to say that the writer have a very good creativity in stitching up stories.
    It is the internet after all.

By the way, any news when Mayoyo graduation concert ticket will be on sale? I want to plan my trip to attend it if possible

10. black_snow

black_snow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    There was never a statement from Mayu (or the management) admitting that the account was really hers, or any evidence that proves it's hers beyond reasonable doubt. It's easy to create a fake social media account and make it believable if you have a few private pics of your target. Please don't spread lies...

11. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Sounds like the same comments people said few years ago. Some also said it was actually Nishino Miki lol

Some netizens proved it was her by accessories (smart phone, glasses etc) and unique physiques that gave her away.

Now take a step back and think about it, she and the management can easily let this scandal die away by not releasing any statement regarding this (since it wasn't a real biggy, they also did not try to dismiss it anyhow) given that there is a certain degree of ambiguity of the pics and "Mayoyo is not such a person".

Fans can still whether choose to or not to believe it. Or even bringing in back up for discussion. But at the end of the day, so what? She is human too. I mean it's not as bad as she was breaking the love ban rules...and she is graduating anyways (I also wished Yukirin or Mako didn't have scandals too whether it was true or not. They both had their careers affected by it. That's the true nature of scandal. Some people will always remember. And after years have past, this scandal was obviously not important enough to affect Mayo's career)

http://netgeek.biz/archives/23301

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  12. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Back in the day someone pointed out that the layout of the posts in these screencaps wasn't consistent, which proved that the pictures may have been tampered with. Besides, I think the only true issue was whether or not Mayuyu was the one calling Sakura and Haruppi "seikei monster" in that text discussion, assuming it was real at all. Even so, one can still easily guess which side said what by looking at the different alignment of the text, owing to the different length of each username.

13. black_snow

black_snow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    They didn't. They only proved that she uses the same kind of glasses and smartphone accessory, no proof that it's the actual ones Mayu is using. They showed that part of Mayu's mouth looked similar but you can't really say that it's her 100% just because of that.

But whether it's her in some of the pics or not is not really my point. My point is it was never proven that the account was hers. The pics where you can clearly see her face is definitely real, but we don't know if the rest (other pics, captions, comments, etc.) are not fake. So please... refrain from telling people that it's her instagram like it has already been confirmed...

14. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Well sure, no one can ever confirm the validity of it. But the scandal part has very much happened regardless if people trying to dismiss it as well.

15. cvbm

cvbm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    IMG_9546.JPG Some people really have nothing else to do. Why bother bringing back an old equation to life where the validity isn't even confirmed yet to this date for the sake of getting some cheap online views for site?

Anyway I really wouldn't mind if that account was actually hers, rather I would be glad to see the sassy part of her. I always see sassy Sasshi dissing out people in variety shows but Mayu always have this average lady aura, just imagine her to be a really hotshot sassy wild type of person in private life lol

16. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I don't think it counts as a scandal when the "proof for" is at most as (in)substantial as the proof against what's being alleged. I think we owe it to the person to just discard the allegation.
    While proof beyond reasonable doubt is certainly not required to establish these things (that's only to convict in a criminal case), there's not enough substantial evidence even without the counter-evidence disputing the so-called evidence.
    And as many people have posted, why bother trying to allege once again what has already been scrutinized years ago?

Mayu's been praised for being a "clean idol" which may not be as exciting as other images, but is probably harder to maintain.
    Anyway, I'm hoping for a grand send-off concert to one of AKB's greatest members in its history.

17. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

It just joined the other crap sites like Kotaku and Japanator.

18. Fernando

Fernando Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Koreaboo is a page that is useless. Revive a theme from so long ago to get clicks.
    And the sad thing is that there are people who believe it.
    We have to be attentive to deny this nonsense.

19. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
  20. cl3vuxu4

cl3vuxu4 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    cl3vuxu4