1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. miruru

miruru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hiratarina
    REALLY?!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

One of the things that AKB model needs to adjust for Korea is the skill set. The girls at least needs to be able to the right dance move with the right body line to be in sync. Most 48G girls lack basic dance skills, even in MAMA perf korean girls are more in sync during KFC and Hebirote because they have the basic skill to pull the moves with the right angle and timing.

With this being a permanent group, they are probably going to use individual trainees just like Idol School and Boy24. No company would send trainees.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Definitely thinking this too. If the group turns out successful, the trainees will probably not sign their next contract and sign with other companies. That’s basically wasting money and time on producing a trainee just to be “stolen” but was given by their own hands.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. HappySakuraHappy

HappySakuraHappy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I’m glad someone mentioned SNH48. It may be very rare or far off in the future, but with how they’ve had girls go to and from SK, I wouldn’t be surprised if eventually they attempted to expand where Aki-P hasn’t in Asia yet. In a way I feel this whole thing is a way to say “Stay away this is my territory now” even if it’s not (or isn’t yet).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. welp

welp Next Girls

Jennis and Orn screamed they wished they could join. Piam and Tawaan didn't say but they must feel the same too considering how big of K-pop fans they are.

That won't be a concern for Mnet as it is a TV broadcaster who focus on TV ad sale and subscribers not the income from idol groups they made. It created I.O.I, Wanna One and FROMIS_ to give away.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

^But it’s not only Mnet. Aki-P is there as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s another external agency (like AKS of 48G) after the group has been decided.

• Like Like x 1
  7. plomeplome

CJEM (Mnet's parent company) is taking 25% of the income from IOI and Wannaone on top of being the distributor. CJ is also taking percentage from Fromis and IN2IT.

• Like Like x 1
  8. miruru

miruru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hiratarina
    from where did u see it ?

• Like Like x 1
  9. welp

welp Next Girls

CJ E&M (Mnet parental company) will be the group's agency.

CJ took 25% of profit. LOEN was the the distributor for I.O.I not CJ (LOEN's parental company is Kakao.)

The situation of FROMIS is Mnet failed to find proper agency for the group, thus it has to house the group itself. I remember IN2IT has had an agency that isn't Mnet but I don't remember what the agency is. Also, I believe IN2IT has made no profit so far considering how poor its sale has been.

From tweets which referred to their IG story.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. plomeplome

Loen was the digital distributor while CJ did the physical for IOI. The contract for IOI and Wannaone is the same (25% CJ, 25% YMC, 50% Agency+Member depending on their contract terms). Even if they can find an agency for Fromis, its very likely that Mnet/CJ will still take share of profit as well. They arent giving any group away for free, thats my point.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    so, i just watched the performance then the produce 48 popped up in the end. i'm hoping for a sister group with this, but what does the produce 101 do?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    • Like Like x 1
  13. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    The only way i see this shitfest is mnet still wants to make another PD101 but with their producer leaving and probably seeing mixnine, which is exactly like PD101 failing horribly mnet decided to team up with Aki-P to make another PD101 which isn't exactly PD101 so people would still think it's "brand new" and will watch it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Escape and Juujun na Slave.

• Like Like x 1
  15. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Reading all the AKB x SNH discussion above made me thinking this Korean advancement must have something to do with attacking SNH lol. First AKB China, then after no news for a year they suddenly jumpstart the TPE project, and now this. Damn Aki-P you snakeu

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

I'm pretty excited to see how this will develop, despite the already stated differences/concerns/complaints from peers. As long the group bring out fun and exciting experiences, whether through music or television, that's the best I could ask for.

It'll be definitely a tough journey, with the South Korean vs Japan comparisons and the skill gap, but that's what the management/higher ups are there for. The ladies, their main job is provide mirth to their audience.

And I will be waiting for such mirth.

• Like Like x 1
  17. welp

welp Next Girls

Still, I don't think this income will be big enough for a TV broadcaster to focus on rather than its main business. Also, Mnet announced this season would be the last season of Produce 101.

FROMIS has to make profit first for Mnet to earn. (FROMIS has gotten the house which is a sub of CJ).

Produce 101 format is
    101 trainees from various agencies recruited for the show
    In each week, contestants were given mission which were singing and dancing to a song, may it be brand new song or famous song of elder group.
    There were coaches to train the girl for each mission
    In each week, viewers could vote for their faves and least popular members would be eliminated.
    The process repeated for weeks until there were 11 persons remaining
    These 11 persons would debut as a group and this group would be active for a year
    After 1 year, members would return to their original agencies

Produce 101 is pretty much a spin-off of AKB48's election system.

These teasers may help you better understand the show

if the video does not show watch the video here

if the video does not show watch the video here

There have been 2 seasons of Produce 101. Season 1 is girl season and the output group, I.O.I, was estimated to generate slightly over 10m USD in its 1 year. (Actually, I.O.I was active for ~7 months because Mnet took some time to find the agency for the girl and there was debut preparation.) Season 2 is boy season the output group was Wanna One which was expected to generate 2x more income than I.O.I.

:) Aki-p expressed interest in Korean market since the hay day of Kara (2010). It is also questioned if Aki-p was inspired by MNL48's audition TV show plan. This Produce48 project is win-win deal for both side. Aki-p finally got a way to launch sister group in Korea and Mnet got new gimmick to refresh its old show.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Millyna

Millyna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Korean sister group, but I hope that they'd get original songs, because I doubt that a Korean sister group with cover songs would be successful...

• Like Like x 1
  19. onego123

onego123 Member

It'll be really interesting to see how the group will work because:
    1.(I said this in the BNK thread, but I'll say it here too) Ever since SNH people have said AKS is stricter with international sister groups. So far it doesn't appear to be true, but I think it'd be interesting to see with this group.
    2. This will be the 3rd time a sister group would get an audition show. As welp stated above MNL is getting one, but I think a lot of people forgot that JKT had one for their 3rd gen audition.
    3. I wanna know what they'll be called, and what their logo will be!! XD I see a lot of you calling it SEO48, but I think SOL, or SUL48 sounds better. Or maybe they'll surprise us, and name them after a district?

I just remembered there's a bunch of stuff coming up in January too (a couple of solo concerts as well as RH, and the Draft) so it's likely that their name will be announced during one of these events. Photo cr:48familypict on Instagram

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

Thank you, I get it now. Personally I found this is quite interesting move.

Why have enemies when you can have friends? MNET is stepping stone for Akip to conquer SK idol world.

• Like Like x 1