1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio AKBINGO! (2008/10/01 - 2019/09/24)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Sep 30, 2008.

1. juguete

juguete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    RIGHT!!!! IS SUPER BORING!! thank god THIS IS NOT THE CASE!! anyway i hope the blonde guy make some girls cry... im pretty sure that setobingoi will be more funny i know that the blonde guy can be more cruel (I LOVE WHEN HE SAYS "I mean you can take off everything") he is funny!!!! ... I HAVE TO SAY THIS... compared with AKBINGO THE STU48 GIRLS ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!! they are like the first generation of akb48!!! they are so great!!!!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  2. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

So, do you also like Team 8?

3. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    You sure you ask in the right thread? :D well, of course I am.

4. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Is it the girls who are better though, or the MCs who know how to make them shine? :rolleyes:

5. juguete

juguete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Ok... So tell me WHAT THE MCs did to make the girls shine in stubingo!!?? What??? WHAT THEY Did!!!????

6. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

Relax, jugutete. Here Hayasaka photo for you.

C7NCBaDV0AI6owY.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. juguete

juguete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    jajajajjajajajajjajajajjajajaja i hate that girl man!!! xD anyway i like KAZU-SAN (the blonde guy) and i hope some stu48 girls in AKBINGO too!!

8. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    They were there these two episodes

9. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Mostly I was playing with you… but in seriousness, New AKBINGO is more a WHH show than an AKB show. I'm sure that's ok or even a good thing for some people but I find it less interesting than it could be… certainly less interesting than all other Bingos.

Not that I hate WHH or anything, their style would be super entertaining for a different kind of program, but I feel it's not the right one for an idol show. An idol MC is more an orchestra conductor than a band leader and WHH is a band leader.

10. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    It's not WRH fault if they are more funnier than our girls.

As long as it's funny and entertaining, I'm fine with it.

11. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    It is, though, because it's not what they're being paid for. As MC they're not there to be funny, they're there to make the girls funny and interesting. And their style doesn't fit that — the approach is too heavy-handed, the timing is off — basically they're too good at one to be able to do the other.

12. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Who do you think will be a good mc for bingo?
    Personally I think WRH did a good job as MC to make bingo has its own "colour".

It is the creative department's job to create interesting segment. This have a lot of room to improve. Segment to define the show and let the members take it forward with the help of the MC, not segments regarding 1 or 2 members.
    Up till now, some segments become hit, while most are just...so so. Those segments with giant plastic balls battle, eito vs bingo, and some revived old segments are great.
    I don't remember there is any "character" in bingo anymore like Bichao and Inaba AD. That also makes the show interesting.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  13. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

@Lalo Martins : to be fair... the initial seasons of AKBingo weren't all that smooth, either... Bad Boys just had a lot more time to refine their craft.

In favor of full disclosure... I *hated* WRH with a passion in the beginning for much the same reasons, and they didn't give me much reason to reconsider that for a long time. However, I can see with the quality increasing in late Q3 and Q4 2017 AKBingo, they've changed their style somewhat -- I especially like that Paradise is becoming more the heavy and Muramoto is the good cop sometimes, but this is quite recent. With the Lucky Girl EPs I even think he's going too far into a-hole territory Muramoto usually lives in... but it's good to balance their roles if they're doing this gig long-term...

TL;DR -- I don't think it'd be productive to change the hosts now, as that was enough of a trauma last time 'round. But WRH aren't the low-bidder flunkies I thought they were either. They just need more time to refine their roles + ad-lib (Paradise, mostly).

• Like Like x 1
  14. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    While I watch a revived version of a certain Korean variety show, do you guys think it will be interesting to have the members are challenged to do something across Japan as punishment, and those who have to go will be determined in several in-studio episodes.

As a broadcasted nation-wide show, I think AKBingo can profit from something like that.

15. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    (Aside — sorry for typing WHH, somehow in my head they became Woman Happy Hour instead of Rush :^^;: would be a nice name for a combi to be fair)

I agree with a lot of that. Yes it's been getting better, yes it would be rough to change now. I'd still change if it was up to me, though.

Why ask WRH to change their style when it's a style that's working quite well for their career? Maybe they're just not right for the job, and we're holding them up when they could be taking better, more suitable opportunities.

Yes, the first couple of seasons of Xji59fun weren't that smooth, but they were better than anything with WRH so far. Now it's totally possible that has to do with the girls, the direction, the writing — likely even. But while Bad Boys did take time to find a style that worked well, there was never a feeling that they were stealing the program (except for “literally” stealing it in their very first appearance). And that's largely a matter of style; Sata has a very classic tsukkomi style that hangs on picking on and amplifying what other people say, while Muramoto's humor is focused mainly on his asshole act and working with how people react to him. (WRH is not even a boke/tsukkomi setup for that matter, they alternate depending on the gag.) That's probably why people feel it works better when there's more Paradise, since his act has more empathy.

But, you know. By that logic, Ijiri should never have worked out for NOGIBINGO, and he did. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess if I knew all the answers I'd be working on TV.

16. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    well, I found the girls become funny and interesting tho. it's even makes me like AKB48.
    sato kiara, hiwatashi, erii, kato, eitos, manaka, macharin, ect. they are become interesting in my eyes.

that is how yukirin become famous.
    japanese tv show will do anything to get the best reaction from the hinadan audiences.
    so far, WRH is better than Badboys.

I think we should agree to disagree then, because I find the beginning of WRH was very hilarious.

17. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I felt like the 12-18 months with Bad Boys the show was running out of steam, so I was kinda happy when they announced a change. Although I certainly didn't think it was all MC's fault, and the first few WRH eps confirmed that for me. Generally the segments were boring, and also it was that transition time with lot of changes among members.

But I must say I've never had any problems with WRH themselves at all. I've never felt Muramoto acted overly disgusting and many times, his comments were the only funny thing about the show. The one thing I've been missing - more of Paradise's involvement (think something like AKVegas segment would be cool - give Muramoto a member MC to work with and Paradise forming team and doing comedy). But I have to admit I've also never thought about it as that they "steal the show and fail to make the members funny." Interesting. I was putting that more on the members and staff, because both of those were bad even during the final year of Bad Boys episodes and, well, WRH were funny, but I guess there is some truth to that. I agree with @nigamushiotoko however that there have been some results (lately).

While watching SKE's Musubi, NGT's Friend, all the STU shows, all the NMB shows, all the Team 8 shows... I've been thinking wait, where are some AKB shows? Yeah, they have the AKBINGO, but that's a very tough and narrow place to shine. Fortunately lately we got Macharin, Kiichan, Hinana... But still I'd like to see something fresh which would give the mid-tier and low-tier members a chance. (Kimi Dare is nice, but I can see it doesn't have that wide appeal. Nemousu... went into a strange direction...) It's pretty much the same problem as average AKB members not getting enough single appearances compared to their "sisters". The thing is if even if they do something, they will fill half of it with Team 8 and sister groups anyway...

• Like Like x 1
  18. juguete

juguete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I had never seen it in that way. My opinion is that the akbingo girls are so boring and for that reason Muramoto-sama HAVE to take the control of the show. I think that after seen so many stu48 girls doing the "exorcist walk". BUT I UNDERSTAND AND RESPECT YOUR OPINION.

AMEN!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lt-weetabix

Lt-weetabix Kenkyuusei

I really cant remember if this was posted or not but its still fairly new so ill repost it.
    ============================
    https://twitter.com/akbingo_ntv

Akbingo supposedly has twitter now, it doesnt have an official mark but it is followed by quite a few legit AKB memebers.

20. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Seems Japan largely hasn't quite figured out the verified thing yet, see the recent woes of HKT. But it is legit.