1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Learn Japanese!

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Shin, Jun 12, 2007.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    One way I always check if the sentence is legit or not is by actually typing it out in google.

So for example, 私は食べながら行きます should be fine for the grammatical function but I don't think it's much used in daily phrases. More frequently used ones are 1, 2 and 4.

https://ja.duolingo.com/comment/6775350/I-eat-then-I-go

2. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Duolingo just added the japanese course to their android app, can't say much about it but i guess is good enough to get people started.

3. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    This one might be a bit tricky since iku and kuru can also be used as simple auxiliary verbs with no separate meaning. In fact, this is their main usage.
    I don't know if you already covered this in your Japanese class curriculum, though.

4. ET920

ET920 Member

Try Lang-8, there are people there willing to talk via Skype. Personally, I walk from the bus stop til work through a very touristic location, where it's easy to find foreigners taking pics, talking, etc. So, whenever I find someone oriental I check which language they are talking (did a few semesters of Chinese and Korean so I can recognize them immediately) and if it's Japanese, I welcome them to the country and ask what they think so far about it. Unfortunately most are old people, so it's not as if you can use whatever structure you might have learned watching idols :awesome:

I like her already :awesome: That will teach you to ask her to do something for you :awesome:

tabete, ikimasu is fine enough at your level (I'd use that comma there, you might think it's trivial but it will help differentiate this from the te iku/kuru forms, just as you are using it in English too).
    tabenagara ikimasu is what most of the members do :awesome: although they'd probably say tabenagara idou shiteru (shite imasu).

Personally, I'd used different verbs to expand the scope of the examples rather than trying to find two verbs that work with all of them.
    1. I ate after washing my hands
    2. I brush my teeth, then sleep
    3. I eat while studying
    4. I go watch a movie
    te wo aratte kara tabemasu (I ate after washing my hands)
    ha wo migaite, nemasu (I brush my teeth, then sleep)
    tabenagara benkyou shimasu (I eat while studying)
    eiga wo mi ni ikimasu (I go watch a movie)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  5. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Or if you're not determined to only talk about idols, just chatting with normal Japanese friends works fine.

6. ET920

ET920 Member

I guess if he had them he wouldn't be looking for penpals :awesome:

7. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Have been learning Japanese since I was in high school, but had just determined to learn kanji few days ago XD

Now I'm at N4 in kanji. Looking forward to the day when I can translate kanji lyrics on my own [hehe]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  8. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Just got home. I went to a bookstore to buy Minna no Nihongo. My first step to pursue Japan. But I'm confused, did I buy correct version. I need to buy the very basic version first. You won't recognize it, it's my country version.

9. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    One thing I've noticed about AKB48 Japanese sister groups is that if you search them in Japanese name order (like searching by artists in a guitar tabs site or on a CD shelf at Tsutaya), you'll find them all gathered in the「ア行 - エ」session:

ー・ケー・ビー (AKB)
    ス・ケー・イー (SKE)
    ヌ・エム・ビー (NMB)
    イチ・ケー・ティー (HKT)
    ヌ・ジー・ティー (NGT)
    ス・ティ・ユー (STU)

Even the extinct SDN started with「エ」:
    ス・ディー・ヌ (SDN)

I wonder if this naming is strategically chosen or it's just a coincidence. Since the groups are named after the cities or regions where they are based, will we see any group starting with B C D E G I J K O R T U W Y or Z?
    (I don't know any Japanese city starting with P and I guess L Q V and X aren't used at all.)

10. ramadya

ramadya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    Twitter:
    ramadayoo
    @Hambucker ah so "エ" similiar to "E" in romanji,which pronounce EiKeBi,ES Ke E,Ein M B,and so on..i think thats a marketing strategy,if you wanna buy one of the group cd you'll see all of them because they placed in same shelf.what a smart move lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    My vote (being a non-speaker) is for はくちび - 白痴美 or just 白痴. 白痴 (báichī) is a Chinese version of idiot (there are others).

12. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    天然, though the connotations lean more toward being careless, spontaneous, unsophisticated, forgetful than lacking intelligence.

Those are (now derogatory) words for clinical dementia, which aren't used in Japan to my knowledge.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  13. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    I had a hard time understanding the difference(s) between が and の in relative clauses.

14. Husky

Husky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    In relative clauses, the subject particle が can be replaced with の and I think there is no difference in meaning (might be wrong thou...)

Something keep bothering me scince I've started listening to AKB songs. Why in songs they almost always use form 僕 and 俺? I've never heard japanese girls speak like that...

15. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Yes, but in some cases, there is a difference in meaning/emphasis and one is preferred over the other.
    Those songs usually have lyrics written from a male perspective. But there probably are girls who speak like that in real life.

16. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Any examples?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

17. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    has "performer" nuance and has "possession" nuance.

18. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    I think I get it now.
    I'm bad at explaining but I find this, this and this helpful.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  19. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    If you get it then I wont attempt to explain lol

20. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama