Nakai Rika (Rikachan/Rikahime) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Momo48

Momo48 Kenkyuusei

You bring up a good point. I got a great PM from @Humbucker with his/her thoughts and more context on the situation, and I think there was just a lot of negativity that made Rika's comments seem worse than what they were. Just wanted to see what Rika's fans had to say about it :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    The two situations are distinctly different though.

Katomina just didn't seem to know where to vent out her frustrations with her status in the group(being dropped by management, all the bad things fans were saying about her, etc.). It seems it was something she wasn't comfortable talking about with anyone until that eventual message she wrote.

Katomina wasn't going out there making it seem like all the members hated her and that she didn't get along with anyone.

Rika seems to butt heads with every single person whether in NGT or apparently in the sister groups as well. She always seemingly places herself as the victim kinda when talking about these sort of things, like the problem is with everyone else but not with her.

It's like that close friend who seems depressed but puts up a happy front vs that friend who thinks that everyone else is an asshole but not themselves.

• Like Like x 4
  3. mayushimen

mayushimen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

but Katomina didn't say things like ''The only thing that gives me relief is bubble wrap. I put a foil against the wall and smash it pretending it's the members.''
    or admit that she say bad things to other members and f*ck what they feel about it. Two different situations, two different person.

4. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Perhaps. But you can tell the frustration is the same. That's how life as an idol is.

5. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

ah, the jokes in Hamachanga? lol, the usual antis make the storm in a teacup again :rolleyes: I wonder when they'll understand that they are digging their own (and their faves) grave? (that's a rhetorical question, apparently they can't no matter what, jealousy and hate just blinds their vision)

I didn't even notice anything wrong when I was watching that episode, just had some laughs. Rika said that she doesn't have friends and got scolded for not remembering properly the dance? BIG NEWS! (not really)) playing devil is her thing now, so where exactly is a controversy? except antis twisting her words (from Rika saying that she has a bad personality to Rika saying that others have bad personality) and blowing things out of proportion I don't see any controversy there. but oh well, as a Sasshi's fan I saw such things millions of times already, so I am not really impressed.

what I find interesting in such situations, is that usually antis who use words of members from comedy shows to bash them are usually fans of non-comedic type idols, so it gives me an impression that they just don't have a sense of humor and take every joke literally :/

ps:
    btw, there is a mistake in that translation
    it should be "I turn towards the wall and pop bubble wrap thinking of member(s)".
    not a big difference, but it just gives a false impression like she hits the bubble wrap on the wall with her fist like some psycho [hehe]
    not sure if it was deliberately translated like that or it was just a mistake, but it's not the first time that Cisalpine88 guy twisted some facts for bashing, so I am just making things more clear.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

look here katomina fans, and future katomina posters before you get butt hurt, which some have already shown
    "example" okay, if other members said the same thing I would be including them too

it was an example to prove a point that Rika will always get more hate
    because she has already reached the extreme of things, and if other girls start saying or doing things similar it's only the start of that extreme.

so if your argument is to say "it's a different situation"

no it's not

if a 17 year old white kid driving under the influence killed someone they would still be doing the same crime as a colored person with a criminal record that decided to kill someone, it's just that their punishment will be different.

so how many times does an NGT member needs to do Rika like stuff to recieve the Rika hate?

that is another question to be answered on the next episode of Nakai Rikaball Z

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  7. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Oh boi, since the cat is taken out of the bag :whistle:

i.e "Smash" vs "Pop".

Some translators word choice reveals their intreptation can't be more obvious. idk how many more word choices are skewed to fit a certain narrative. Or possibly just a slight mistake. Maybe adding footnotes next time will be fairer and clearer for readers to read for themselves.

8. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    You guys are completely biased, aren't you...
    Just going to write my objective feelings and you don't have to read it since this is the Nakai Rika thread.
    Up until yesterday, I looked at Nakai with the eyes of Okada Nana; she is different, weird, and blunt. She says stuff that bugs people, and never misses a chance to diss someone. But she really cares about her group and is doing her very best at being an idol, so why not let her? Eccentric characters are always necessary for the group.
    I watched the Hamachanga? ep because I wanted to see how she represented herself and the group on national TV, without any comments or anything, and I was completely appalled. What she said about members disliking her after she became the center, and that not only she has no friends, but they dislike her? Then explicitly saying bad things about the rest of the members and dropping the group's reputation? My whole view of Nakai Rika crushed right than.
    This isn't just some blunt idol we support saying "Way to go girl say what you feel to gain more fame!" It went way past that level. She's now discrediting other members, who are accepting her the way she is (I'm not saying Nakai is lying, maybe there are some members who say those stuff behind her back, but I'm pretty sure what she's saying isn't the complete truth), in order to gain popularity by playing the victim. Her obvious plan is to make people who watch the TV interested, reacting: "Oh hey there is bullying between 48g after all!" but is there really? Do you guys actually believe Hinatan, who went next to Rika thinking she was taking a selfie on her own will without knowing she was doing SR, or Ogiyuka, who's also taking a lot of pictures with her, is acting cold to her on purpose?
    In the past of AKB, many members have been called scheming, including Kashiwagi Yuki (who is the exact definition of angel) and Komiyama Haruka (who genuinely does her very best), but I think we finally found the real scheming one. And I don't care if you believe me or not, but all this is coming from someone who liked her two days ago even after she is selected as AKB senbatsu instead of my oshi Hinatan, or was pushed as center instead of Katomina, or when she really made Mirurun's feel vexed at the ANN few weeks ago. Because I respected her for being herself.

Now, I'm sorry, but there is nothing here which will be understood as:
    if you think objectively. This isn't about the difference between "pop" and "smash". It isn't something to be laughed at.
    Sorry Rika oshis, but I don't think Nakai Rika has a good heart, or a good mentality.
    Oh, and, please respond if you feel if anything I said is biased or wrong, but please respond objectively.

• Like Like x 3
  9. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

^ playing victim? Hinatan? Ogiyuka? none of it was said or mentioned, but who cares, the only thing that matters is how her words were initially presented, imagination did the rest)) I guess, "pop" and "smash" have a difference after all))

moving on to more controversial things...
    Rika said that her weight is 39 kg now, but she'll start a diet tomorrow because her default weight is 38 kg... :fear: :^^;:

10. Turambar

Turambar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikuta Erika
    This weight thing is the true controversy arround Rika this week :awesome:. It's 1kg, what perfectionism!

11. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    WOT SOMEONE MAKE A SANDWICH FOR THAT POOR GIRL

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

They pretty much are. But it's pretty much what I expect from them (Aren't ever going to admit that there is something seriously wrong with this girl) and will continue to defend this pathetic behavior of hers and continue to act like she is the victim.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    @fatrain @Humbucker Do either of you happen to know when Rika recorded for this episode of Hamachan?

Well it is her member thread, what did you expect.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

And you're not biased the other way of course :hmm:

• Like Like x 1
  15. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

What happened? I love Mirurun.

Well if y'all think there's something seriously wrong with Rikahime then maybe y'all should start acting more like the angles that your oshis allegedly are and treat her with the same amount of kindness that they treat her with instead of trying to bash her every time she breathes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

I'm sure I wrote that rika is troublesome, some where

Rika is a messed up girl <<< there everyone is happy

but i guess other people won't rest until all rika fans are as mad as they are
    just because everyone else is not as mad as you are about Rika, doesn't mean that they accept her actions as something positive

• Like Like x 2
  17. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    That's spot on [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yuuri28

Yuuri28 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otayuuri
    What did she did on ANN to make Mirurun feel vexed?

19. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Oh, she was going on and on about her foot smell, and I think they were doing a segment where Nakai has to stop laughing at sad stories of others (people who called the radio), or else she would have to smell Miru's shoes. It has been mentioned before too, how Mirurun's feet smelled bad, and she just laughed with it, but that night, her tension really died down towards the middle of the show. I don't know if she just doesn't like Nakai or she was in some way hurt or offended by her, but it was obvious she felt kind of vexed. She didn't even smile, and Miru's known for her energy. And Mion was doing her best to make her feel better [hehe]

And yeah that's just who Nakai is; a very blunt, variety-wise person, and I don't think it's that bad tbh, except yeah some senpai might not like it, just like Rie said. Thank god understanding Naachan was there and accepting her the way she is, or else there would be an air tension throughout the show.
    I feel like that's why they put Naachan too when Nakai appears on radio.

20. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Advanced Nakai Rika Guide:
    Appendix A.36 - TABLO Interview
    Prev
    Youth High School 3rd Year Class C
    Next
    TV Tokyo+ Interview
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    A.36 - TABLO Interview

The "new flaming queen" with an explosively strong mentality
    A direct interview with Nakai Rika / NGT48! (Video included)

March 27, 2018
    TABLO
    Next generation member's interview
    Nakai Rika / NGT48

"I think normal people couldn't bear the flamings on my Twitter (laughs)"

[​IMG]

Nakai Rika of NGT48 has been selected as a member of (AKB48's) 52nd Single Selection and will make a regular appearance as the co-host on TV Tokyo's new show "Seishun Koukou 3-nen C-gumi"[1] (starts on April 2, Weekdays, 17:30 JST). Her multiple talents are blooming. We conducted this interview, bothering her at her break time at the handshake event.

-- I'm sorry for using the interval of the handshake event to interview you. We woke you up in the middle of your break time. You were really asleep, I'm sorry. How long did you sleep?

Nakai: About one and a half hours.

-- I'm really sorry! Last year, you served as the center of "Seishun Dokei", was it a big event to you after you became an idol?

Nakai: More than the fact I was the center, it was an announcement considering I had also been selected in AKB48 Single Selection. I wasn't imagining I would be selected. But it was an announcement considering ... (I've just woken up) I don't know what I'm saying. (laugh)

-- That's okay. (laugh) Put your head to work gradually. Do you mean, it wasn't a big surprise considering the flux of events until then?

Nakai: Yes.

-- Since you had already been in (AKB48's) Selection, you were already expecting this to come?

Nakai: I was more bewildered, thinking what I was going to do, than anything. I felt bad, thinking if I deserved so many opportunities. I didn't have room yet to support leading NGT at that moment.

-- Was there pressure?

Nakai: Pressure was the biggest issue.

-- I heard there is a Tofu Mentality version
    [2] of "Seishun Dokei", do you have a mentality like a tofu[3]?

Nakai: My mentality was weak since before and I used to get depressed and to cry very soon, but now it has become strong. I think I have improved, although it was really painful back then, though, not only because I became the center but because I was told terrible things that I had never been told before, from all directions. It was painful to bear people glaring at me because of the sudden spotlight I received. I had already had tofu mentality before, but it was very hard at that time.

-- You mean, those people who bad-mouth are all on the internet, aren't they? People who don't have the courage to say it in person.

Nakai: They came to the handshake events.

-- W-What?? Do they come to the handshake event just to bad-mouth?

Nakai: There are the "current day" tickets. "Seishun Dokei" was the debut single and, different from AKB48, the handshake events for our single had the "current day" tickets. So, there were people using these tickets to come to me and say stuff like "You shouldn't be the center!" That was very painful to hear.

-- There are awful people, to deliberately say bitter things.

Nakai: Yes, there are. Now I can think it's no use to bother about it, (laugh) but at that time, I took it seriously.

-- When you talk about tofu mentality, is it about last year?

Nakai: Yes, from Spring to Summer. From the announcement of the debut single in Spring to the General Election in Summer.

-- You're strong now, like on Twitter.

Nakai: Yeah, I've improved, I've become stronger. (laugh)

-- I think everyone is applauding you "Well said."

Nakai: I'm always told "That was refreshing!" about my remarks. Other members don't have the courage to say strong remarks, so they thank me "We feel refreshed because you say it for us." I'm really not bothering with small things anymore.

-- I bet there're a lot of fans that support you. It's pretty famous the way you tease your fans at the concerts.

Nakai: This is only possible because there is a trusting relationship between the fans and me.

[​IMG]

-- Are you really angry when you post on Twitter or is there some part of you teasing them?

Nakai: My posts on Twitter are pretty much calculated. It's like pro-wrestling. Most of the time I post thinking of how it can get into the news.

-- Something to become news on the internet?

Nakai: Yeah. First of all, I have to become famous, and for this to happen, I must show a strong image, making people notice me by my sharp-tongued aspect. This is all calculated.

-- It has been sucessful so far.

Nakai: The number of times they use my posts as a funny story is relatively high and it serves as a disguised prey to attract the antis. So, in many ways, there are people who accumulate frustrations "What's wrong with Rikachan?" and get interested in me, and people who were antis and passed to like me. There were people who came to the 48 Group's handshake event for the first time and queued up in my lane. Also, the amount of people saying "I like you, Rikachan, because there was no one like you before" has increased.

-- I agree, I like it very much. Even people who haven't known you will see the stuff shared and think "Is there this kind of idol?" and may learn about you.

Nakai: Yes.

-- Is it calculated too?

Nakai: Yes, I've been calculative while doing it.

-- That's amazing! Considering you had a negative thinking before, now you have just turned the table.

Nakai: Now I try more to show a strong self.

-- Actually, aren't you a bit gloomy?

Nakai: I've always had a sharp tongue but now I don't get hurt anymore, whatever they tell me. I'm using it in my favor.

-- What is the hint for not getting hurt?

Nakai: Getting used to it. (laugh) And even if I'm told so, that means they've got an interest in me, so I no longer got depressed in this regard.

-- Idols definitely have to deal with antis, it can't be helped. So, once you've decided to go ahead, it's better not to worry about trivial things. I think you've made a big progress by ranking at 23rd place in the General Election. NGT48 has been gainning mommentum and I think you're one of the main members. How did you recept this rank of 23rd?

Nakai: At first, I was very happy, but after that, there were members who succeeded ranking higher than me and I received lots of comments like "But you were the center (so you should have ranked higher)." I was very happy for the 23rd place, but those words were painful. It was a precisous rank I got from everyone, so I tried to appear cheerful at that moment, not demonstrating I was depressed much. Until then, I used to put my feelings out "I can't stand it anymore!", but at that moment, I couldn't do it, because it was a rank that my fans worked so hard to get it. That Summer I was troubled with this gap in my heart.

-- I think 23rd place is pretty good.

Nakai: Yeah, I think so too, that's why I was really happy at first, but seeing other members' achievements made me feel a bit frustrated, that I was a weak center after all.

-- But now it has been resolved and everything is in order, right?

Nakai: Oh, yeah. There's no problem at all.

[​IMG]

-- How much do you check out the internet, like Twitter?

Nakai: Since now I'm also using Twitter, I can check out the feedback of people about me, and I tweet and read the comments too. I also check out the Twitter of senior members to get information.

-- Do you ignore weird people?

Nakai: I'm grateful they spend their precious time checking my Twitter. (smirk)

-- I see.

Nakai: Isn't it cute to see? That's why I tease them, like in pro-wrestling "Hey, there is an anti here!", but I'm not actually mad at them. I don't care what they say. (laugh) But if I don't reply, I'll be betraying their expectatives, and there're others who think it's amusing too, so I keep doing it, but I'm not really angry.

-- It's like you're a Twitter performer.

Nakai: It's some sort of performance. It's fun because it's as if I had them in the palm of my hand. Recently, in a episode of "All Night Nippon" entitled "Something will happen in the Spring, the season of graduation", I was called to participate at the last minute. Then, I thought I could stir things up and posted on my Instagram stories a photo of NGT48 with the sayings "Thanks for everything." Thus I received a lot of comments like "Rikachan, are you quitting?", "Will you be transfered (to AKB48)?" I remember reading to these messages grinning. I do it because, although people may not be interested at first, thinking that nothing special will happen, it's great if by seeing my message, they start to comment "But Rikachan is saying this thing" and it makes them want to listen to the program.

-- That's amazing! I think you're suited to be an editor or a broadcast writer.

Nakai: I like doing it, I read everything grinning, that people get in utter confusion with what I write.

-- Has anything changed after you reaching 20 years old?

Nakai: The decline in physical strength. (bitter smile)

-- Is that so perceptible?

Nakai: I sense the decline of physical strength very much. Sometimes I can't keep up dancing on the stage. However, I have never been much strong, I was even sleeping a while ago, (laugh) but my physical strength has diminished.
    I got stronger mentally, though, much stronger. (laugh) I bet I've got the strongest mentality inside NGT48. Very often the members come after me, asking for advice "Rikachan, I'm being flamed because of this." So, I tell them "This is of no concern, compare it to mine, this is nothing, don't you even call this a flaming."

-- You're very cool!

Nakai: I'm made topic of conversation even if I'm not intended to it. When I get flamend without my concern, it suprises me "What?", but lately, it's me who mostly set the trap. That's why I say the girls don't know the real meaning of flaming. I think normal people couldn't bear the level of flaming I got. Words like "Go away!" and "Disappear!" are nothing. I read it and think "So what?" (laugh)

-- I wonder if those people who say those things want to see your reaction too.

Nakai: If you reacts to it, they find it interesting and come even more. I reply them some two times and when I think it's enough, I stop doing it. (laugh)

-- You're smart! It's said that the opposite of "like" is "indifference" and not "dislike". So, If they didn't like you, they would just ignore you. They can't ignore you because they actually like you, and that's how they become antis.
    However, I want to say that if you be threatened, you'd better go after the police. If you think it's dangerous, go to the police. I work mostly with incident reporting, so in any case, I can help counselling you. (laugh)

Nakai: Hehehehe.

[​IMG]
    Nakai Rika, Born in August 23rd 1997, From Toyama Prefecture, Blood Type A
    Member of the idol group NGT48
    Her Twitter that instigates antis and prepared for flamings is very popular!

-- Finally, if you want to say something you want to do this year ...

Nakai: My goal is to expand the range of my activities to outside the AKB48 Group. I think the fact I signed with a talent agency will help me to achieve it.

-- It's Ohta Pro, right?

Nakai: Yes, it is. It'll be great if things go the way I'm expecting it to go. There're lots of people I can count on in the agency. They go after jobs for me according to my character, so I have produce the expected results.

-- Was it last year when you signed with Ohta Pro?

Nakai: Yes, on December 1st.

-- Well, it has just begun. I'm looking forward to seeing your activities.

Nakai: If I increase my exposure, I think I can bring various types of customers to NGT48. I also want to do NGT48's jobs firmly. There are a lot of girls gaining momentum in NGT48, so I want to do my best in areas where other girls can't do it.

-- NGT48 is gaining momentum now, what kind of group you think it is?
    Nakai Rika: New members are coming in and (Kitahara) Rie-san is graduating, so it's like we're going to see a new NGT48. And although there are lots of factors that make us feel anxious, the current friendship that conveys to teamwork will become our weapon from now on.
    Each person has a strong personality and there're lots of members who know clearly what they want to do. If each one moves ahead, seeking after their dreams, I think it will be a good synergistic effect. I haven't spent so much time with them lately, so there must be some points I have to catch up.

-- You look to me like a producer thinking.

Nakai: There're lots of girls thinking about themselves. I think NGT48 is formed by the contribution of each one's power. Not only me, but I guess each member, like Ogino (Yuka), is thinking so too. When it's time to reunite, we perform as a team, but in the remaining time, everyone acts by their own freely. When all these forces gather together is when it forms this strong group called NGT48, so I think this freewheeling style is good for the moment.

-- And Kitahara-san is graduating soon.

Nakai: I'm worried if the group will stand when the junior members come and the senior members are gone. I hope I can help guiding the group.

-- Yeah, as Leader Nakai.

Nakai: I'm not dependable. (bitter smile)

-- That's not true. I think the top-class flamer is a strong image.

Nakai: At least the mentality, I think I've got the strongest one than anyone. (laugh)

-- You're cool! Thank you very much.

(Text: Hisada Masayoshi, Photos: Editorial Department)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Notes:
    1. Seishun Koukou 3-nen C-gumi (Japanese: 青春高校3年C組高 Hepburn: Seishun Kōkō San-nen Shī-High Scgumieishun, lit. "Youth hool 3rd Year Class C"). Official website: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/3-c/
    2. Seishun Dokei (Tofu Mental Remix by tofubeats) (Japanese: 青春時計(豆腐メンタル Remix by tofubeats)Hepburn: Seishun Dokei (Tōfu Mentaru Remikkusu bai tōfubītsu) https://www.sonymusicshop.jp/m/item/itemShw.php?associate=SMO&cd=BVJL000000027
    3. Mentality like tofu (Japanese: 豆腐メンタル Hepburn: Tōfu Mentaru, lit. "mentality like a tofu") is a mentality as soft and fragile as a tofu. https://gakumado.mynavi.jp/gmd/articles/5884 (Japanese page)

Source:
    TABLO:
    http://tablo.jp/media/news003059.html
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Prev
    Youth High School 3rd Year Class C
    Next
    TV Tokyo+ Interview
    Home

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 3