1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Official Stage48 Rules

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by ithebigc, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Personally, I would like to re-write the Piracy rule on this forum for clarification. There is too much "grey area," and frankly I see people taking advantage of that. Especially in one certain section of the forum.

Bottom line, we are not supposed to be a source for downloading or torrenting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Any rules regarding mobame sharing? Just asking... :D:p

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  3. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    This is something we have been in discussion about. Now I know since I guess there was some sort of free trial, we have "temporarily" looked the other way at sharing of mobame photos. That said, Mobame is supposed to be a privilege only enjoyed by those who subscribe. If people are going to freely share mobame photos, it completely defeats the exclusivity of the service....

I have had people privately share mobame photos with me in the past, and every time they told me to be sure and not share the photos publicly. So in that spirit, as well as the spirit of exclusivity, please do not share mobame photos on Stage48.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

if i may butt in quickly, this is a quote from the rules:

Mobame is pretty tricky, and people have been extremely cautious with not violating the code of conduct; maybe a bit too much. Sharing mobame has traditionally been labelled as extremely rude towards the members; to a point at which i was extremely surprised that a tumblr blog has started to completely share Naachan's mobame - with no apparent uproar.

As for me, sharing content within a private circle is totally fine, but putting it FFA maybe not so much.

5. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    I wouldn't recommend sharing their mobame, unless the intl 48fandom wants to end up like how JE fandom did

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

A few of my messages have been deleted because of gifs.
    Not because they are too big or whatever, just simply because I use them.

But reading the rules:

So, can we use gifs or not?
    If not, you might want to update the rules to reflect that.

Deleting a message just because you think stupid gifs should not be allowed is a bit too close to I'm deleting anything I don't like or agree with.

Just saying.

Gracias.

{gif of Sasha Velour blowing you a kiss}

• Like Like x 2
  8. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    My personal opinion is that a page with multiple animated gifs that keep on looping is getting annoying pretty fast.
    I understand that sometimes an animated gif can illustrate you point better then just a static pic, but when I posted an animated gif here I edited it to only repeat three times as not to annoy others. (I'll have to check if it's still there though)

edit: I just checked, it is

9. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @Trinu

Perhaps my message to you last night was a bit heavy-handed, and for that I apologize. (I was in a really bad mood regarding something unrelated to the forum. Not trying to make an excuse, but...)

That said, regarding gifs. This is the issue....

1) The gif in question was posted without any additional text, making it akin to an "emoji only" post. This is also considered spam under the rules of the forum.

2) The gifs you are posting are completely unrelated to forum subject matter, making them off-topic. Not to mention, you are using them for the main purpose of being snarky.

3) It might not even have been noticeable, except the frequency in which you include these gifs on the forum is relatively frequent. (Not to mention, you have posted multiple gifs as responses in the Discord chat this morning. Not that it's related to this, I'm just sayin'. It has become like a crutch)

So while admittedly there is no specific rule regarding the posting of gifs as part of a thread response, nor do we plan on adding any (aside from the amount of gifs per post). This falls more onto a collective issue where the frequency, off-topic nature, and replacement for actual discussion makes the use of these gifs more of a distraction than a contribution.

A short aside, I happened to blunder into another website's forum a couple of weeks ago, and was amazed at the amount of people who not only fill their posts with gifs, but they are also in their avatar, signature, even some of the link buttons on their avatar were animated. If was overwhelmingly distracting to be scrolling down the page with girls winking, jumping, spinning, falling, crying...endlessly. I just wanted to read the posts. These are the reasons why we have rules about gifs on signatures, avatars, signature size, etc. People would like to read the forum without being subject to a ton of things bouncing around the page.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

11. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    it's maybe completely the wrong time to bring this up, but why is 'old' classified as negative with 'dislike'? it's not an issue, I was just curious when I suddenly acquired about 10 negative ratings and those turned out to be 'old'

and to be clear I don't want to start a discussion :/

• Old Old x 1
  12. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    As someone who gets "Dislikes" - No matter what I post, I honestly don't see the point in the these "Ratings". I honestly think it's FUNNY when I get a "Full House" (a Dislike, Disagree, Old, Like, & Agree) or the KAMI 7 which is "Dislike", Like, Agree, Disagree, Old, Informative, & Creative (or Useful).

It's the same dopes throwing Negatives everytime (like "tough guys" on a Playground) - But then 1 or 2 people hit "Agree" or "Like" & I know it pissed the Mob off. I Never "Out them" or says thanks because then the "Haters" on Stage48 will target them for being "Nice" to me...because Stage48 is High School & some people need to feel "better than others".

I have NEVER complained about the "ratings" because they're meaningless. They're 'Stickers' or a Smiley Face on a Test- The fact that the Admin had to say "Knock it Off or We'll remove them" proves some of you are SO Passive Aggressive you can't even handle "Stickers" & Smiley Faces & Green Check-Marks w/out complaining.

The Mods have BETTER things to do!! Go a week w/out Using them- see if your Life changes. What's next Juice Boxes & Nap Time?

I do think the Trophies are Cute. I like those. I hope I get a "Salty Reaction suits You" trophy after so many "Dislikes".

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  13. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    If an announcement needs to be sent out about complaints about a purely cosmetic feature, perhaps it is time to disable that feature? I don't think the ratings contribute in any positive way to the forum. Negative ratings are used passive aggressively by people who don't like someone else's opinion. Positive ratings aren't meaningful except for trophy/achievement collectors and in their case just encourages outlandish fishing for ratings. Disable the feature and nobody will notice the change. It isn't an integral part of forum functionality and does nothing for the community here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

Seriously, dude, the people do not hate you. Its just like ..... you are writing incredible amounts of bullshit. Stop acting like its something else than people getting tired of your non-sense. There is no higher purpose to your sociopathic behaviour, and there is no conspiracy to prevent you from blessing us with your self-proclaimed truth or "critical thoughts". It is the role within this community that you have deliberately chosen for yourself. Dont act like you are some scapegoat who gets abused for being the beacon of free speech.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Frans48

Frans48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I've got an alert about rating system but hey, i don't think i gave any dislike rating. My only dislike rating is 2 months ago. Is it this one that moderators meant?

You are my goddamn hero!!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Ok, I didn't want to start a discussion, but as it is here, here a my 2 cents:
    I personally do think the ratings add something, they provide you with feedback about your posts, like when you're talking in a group and other people nod or frown when you state something.
    And I don't mind a kind of 'reputation system' as well, if you rack up lots of dislikes .. well, that does mean something, no matter which way you look at it.

anyway long story short, I appreciate the feedback I get.

edit: changed "doesn't" to "does"

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Everyone got that alert, it wasn't target at anyone in particular.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Criss

Criss Member

I dont see the point on Likes/dislikes neither. I dont remember give a like/dislike in 10 years.
    And if I gave one I already forgot it.

19. Frans48

Frans48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Oh all account got a same alert.
    OK it makes sense now. Thanks

20. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    You told me you DISLIKED Kpop - Oooooh!!! (*shots-fired*)

Totally THIS!!! 70% of my time on this forum these "Ratings" DID NOT Exist or if they did 80% never used them anyway. They're "Brownie Points" or "Demerits" (-10 points from Slythern or Gryffendor). It's tit-for-tat nonsense. Which we'll discuss below...

Wow...someones 'Projecting'?? The old One-Two punch of Passive Aggression. Open w/ a neutral/diplomatic statement, the Say What you really think. For example: "I don't really dislike you, but I wish you'd never Post Again & I think you're a Sociopath" - Clearly NOT Flaming!
    - Clearly NOT a Personal Attack!
    - Clearly NOT Trying to Instigate a Fight (over "Stickers" & Smiley-Faces)
    - Didn't do it in a PM because he wants to show off?

Then a clever story about how HE is the 'Sage One' of wisdom laughing at the Village Idiot of "Mario Kart"??? How does that compare w/ giving Idol opinions or critiquing the direction AKI-P is taking AKB? Read your comment again - You're calling a seasoned member of this forum a SOCIOPATH...because you don't like my Opinions?

STICK THE TOPIC!!!...we're talking about the RATINGS System as a Group...not individual "Users" and who meets YOUR Standards of what constitutes "BS". Who are you to attack anyone? No one is tired of anything - You need to go to bed if you can't handle this discussion like an adult. You're Opinion has been noted - Thanks for sharing. Are we going to attack the "emojis" next?? :omfg:
    (Mod edit: You both can PM each other for your personal issue. You all an adult, right?)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Old Old x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.