1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Official Stage48 Rules

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by ithebigc, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Criss

Criss Member

What? What do you mean? :confused::confused::confused::wtf:

Oh BTW:
    "(Mod edit: You both can PM each other for your personal issue. You all an adult, right?)"

THIS.

:XD::XD:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  2. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

I dont have personal issues. Someone is flooding this board with unbearable loads of autism + plays the victim card when called. This is unacceptable beyond the the personal level. I dont even see how i am the ONLY ONE getting tired and fed up.

I dont know how bringing this issue to PM can help anything. Slacker has this unpleasant habit of sending unwarranted PMs of epic proportions, anyway. Please do not encourage this behaviour. Actually, i have to say its disappointing to see that forum moderators think this is a matter of personal beef. As if i am too sensitive and part of the problem, kek.

(edit: OK, here is where i am personally triggered: I think its fine if someone decides to be the forum villain. Please, go on as you wish. You may even brag about it. But take the consequences. Acting like one is constantly harassed and bullied for being the forum's lonely preserver of truth, is laughable and embarassing).

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Actually we don't. However, it is not a simple issue to solve, and we have been in discussion over the last few days on how to deal with it.

On one hand, we have a user who is technically not violating any specific rule, but is posting in a narcissistic and hubristic manner which incites arguments, fights, and bad feelings. This IS a problem.

On the other hand, we also have a group of users who choose to be triggered every time people like this post, regardless of how banal the post may be. Personally, I have no problem chuckling at posts like these and moving on, and we have encouraged people to do the same. However, some people seem to be unable to heed that advice, and the invariable 'food fight' (Silenka came up with that term) ensues.

But I will say this. Like the users, the staff is tired of constantly refereeing this nonsense, and a couple people on this forum are about to have an intervention.

• Like Like x 2
  4. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

It takes a lot (really a lot, a lot) of experience and wisdom to deal “members” on a “fan” forum on a day to day basis.

In the end, it’s all Kayfabe... So don’t be the “mark” or “smark” waiting to “shoot” at every “botched” post. Just “work” with it and move on to the NXT. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Something he made up out of thin air as far as I can tell. He said people told him that in Sakura's thread, but I wasted far too much time looking for it and found nothing of the sort. Maybe a few dismissive off-hand comments, but nothing to justify the huge deal he keeps making out of it. (Yes, I'm aware that describes the entirety of all of his posts.)

Most forums have rules against flamebaiting/trolling, though this one doesn't seem to for some reason.

That said,
    Most of his blabber violates that one [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Criss

Criss Member

Oh... I see.
    Now I understand. Thank you for the info.
    Haha! "Forum Villan?" Oh well, any forum have one.
    But im with the mods ; I hope this is at least an adult. ;):D[hehe]:lol:

7. juguete

juguete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I dont understand!! what i did?? please read my last coments... I AM NOT BASHING AKB48!! Maybie some people just put "dislike" to my coments just because they hate me and NOT bacause im writing someting inappropiate... i dont understand whats happened...

8. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Be right back... going to grab some popcorn. :cool:

9. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I don't think anyone understands. Please explain your problem.

10. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'll take a bold guess, he got the same notification about the rating system that we all got and assumed it was personal.
    (and yeah for a brief instant I also thought ... wait, what ? what did I do?? what rule did I break this time? :/ ... let's remember, English is the second language for a lot of forum members, so this might lead to some misunderstanding)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  11. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

You got a global announcement about how to treat inconveniences with the new feedback system. It wasnt directed at you personally.

• Like Like x 1
  12. juguete

juguete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Ok... i understand now. Peace.

• Like Like x 1
  13. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I respect that this may be difficult for you guys to solve, but it seems pretty obvious that one (among others) particular user is the reason for the second problem and both problems could be solved by dealing with the first issue. I know I'm not the first to say that this specific user is... an annoyance when reading through threads, at best.... however I'm in the group of people who just scroll on by the users posts because I know nothing of substance will come out of reading anything they write (no offence lol).

That being said, if you guys are getting a lot of messages of complaints about a specific user, even if they aren't technically breaking the rules should you not still give them a fair warning? A three strikes and you're out system tends to work for a lot of forums. Those users may not be breaking any rules, but if they're posting things to deliberately annoy or upset the community, you should call them out. If they continue to do it after you've told them to consider their actions, then there shouldn't be a hold up to banning them for a couple days/ permanently.

I use Hello!Online a lot, and while the forum does have set rules, the mods still utilize the banning system whenever certain users instigate or spur on heated discussions on a regular basis, only to then cry wolf when people call them out for it. They even have a warning point system so users can see if they're treading on the road to permanent ban. I think this forum would be a much more friendlier place if you guys considered this (and if you already do it then... whats the hold up?? lmao).

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. popocake

popocake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Hi, I have a query about the forum's content sharing policy. At first I really didn't see that there was such a policy and got one post or two deleted because of that, but I can only blame myself for those instances and I really did try to be more cautious from then on. But just today I had a link to a LoD disabled on the grounds that the content shared violated the piracy rules.

Now, the piece in question was a clipped DMM video, so maybe that's not truly considered a LoD (though I did think that was the case), but I'd be really happy if that could be further clarified.

Oh, and one more thing: I went to DMM's website to take a peek now and was greeted with this message saying that "From the Japanese foreign territory, Available service includes a limit" and it doesn't seems like AKB lives are included in said limit (though I can't say for sure, since I'm not a DMM customer).

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

@popocake DMM subscriptions, and by extension the LODs they offer on the service, are purchasable content and therefore fall under the forum's "no piracy" rules. Whether you live in a region that offers it for purchase or not doesn't matter.

Items exempted from the piracy rules tend to be only things that are not generally purchasable, such as music TV shows, or things that are so widely disseminated it's impossible to moderate them, such as gravure magazine scans. There are some grey areas, but LODs are definitively a no.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    This is completely incorrect. Read the rule that he literally just quoted from the OP. LODs are NOT normally purchasable abroad, and it specifically says they are allowed.

On the contrary, LODs are definitively allowed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. popocake

popocake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    I see. But isn't it weird how the phrasing of the anti-piracy rules was set up? Way I see it, the phrasing stresses that it'd be OK sharing content that's not purchasable overseas, but the actual ruling's a bit different and the overseas purchasability of the item's not actually so important.

I'll keep trying to fit in, so don't mind a few bumps on the road. Though I do think a rephrasing of the rule would be very much welcomed.

18. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I noticed those parts are now struck through?
    Just for my information, does this mean you've revised your ruling?

19. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I do agree that the rule is wishy-washy, and I have proposed many times revising it. That said, let me be clear.

We are not a download site. We do not want to be a download site. And we do not want to be directly associated with download sites.

The rule as I interpret it has to do with linking VIDEOS of "forbidden" material. For example, we do not want to see a YouTube/DailyMotion/etc. video of the latest concert DVD/BluRay release linked on this forum. Videos that fall under the 'exception' rule are okay. However, the rule as it is written was made before newer ways to share videos came into existence.

The issue with @popocake 's videos is that he/she is linking to a Google Drive site which gives direct and easy access to downloading the video. Moreover, the link in their signature is also technically a download page, which includes some material which does fall under the content which is not allowed.

The bottom line is that we really do not want to see people directing users to where to download stuff. Also, and I am not saying anyone in this current conversation is technically doing this, but we wish people would stop trying to figure out how to "work around" that rule too. As we have pointed out many times, the spirit of the rule is that we do not want to promote what is technically theft against a group that we all claim to love and support.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

As @wlerin pointed out, LODs are specifically mentioned in bigc's rules post as "allowable". However, when I posted my reply to @popocake, I took for granted that videos of LODs were considered a form of piracy by this forum and that is totally my fault. I struck those lines because they are technically incorrect as per the rules. However, as @Cristafari says, if we are talking about a direct download it's an entirely different matter and those links will be removed. I'm sorry for the confusion :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.