1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Mobile Game AKB48 Beat Carnival

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki

if the video does not show watch the video here

Announced on 2018/08/01 during the Kanshasai concert.

Release date: 2018/08/16

Features:
    - actual live video behind the rhythm icons
    - possible to select oshi camera for the lives
    - some songs will be created solely for the game
    - Japanese sister groups will be included in the game

Translations (credit to @bonjourmarlene):
    Most important screens
    Missions

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. hinapyon

hinapyon Member

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Twitter:
    nagekinohina
    Currently having war flashbacks to Otoge... I thought I was done with the 48G rhythm game life.

3. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    All Japan sister groups are also included

4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

How many does this make now? (Mobile Games).

5. MurasakiSora

MurasakiSora Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Flashback to the kami 7 oshi event days? I'm not sure I want to go through that again haha.

6. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Seems like this will use the same or very similar gameplay system to Nogizaka46 Rhythm Festival. I downloaded that game to try out the mechanics and it seems fun enough.

I'm glad sister groups are included.

I wonder if it will include only new and recent concert footage, or if they might implement super old stuff from members long since graduated as well. Also wondering if there will be options for videos of sister group cover performances (for example, a sister group singing an AKB song).

Well anyway it's times like these that I'm glad I went for the 256gb model of my phone... Gotta store all these games somewhere lol

7. Palioxis

Palioxis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    I love the oshi cam option, but knowing rhythm games, I’m 100% going to be turning the bg video off to concentrate... :^^;:

8. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    It is exactly the same. They are too lazy and want to milk their fans too much that they didn’t even care about changing any bit of the game mechanic...

9. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Aren't all rhythm games the same?
    No joke, a real question from someone who only played the Love Live rhythm game - which seems to use the same game mechanic as the AKB trailer too ...

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Yua

Yua Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    The oshi cam option is really interesting-- since they're using footage from previous performances in the trailer, does that mean they already have oshi-cam versions of those filmed for every member in the song?? I feel cheated somehow lol.

11. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

To an extent, they are all similar, but many have various different mechanics, button layouts, note types, scoring systems, gacha systems, etc. I'd say all games of this genre (Love Live, etc.) are like cousins, but this and the Nogi game are like siblings or even twins. Not even going by the franchise the game is around, but just by mechanics alone. These have the same "kind" of notes, which aren't typical in every game in the genre. Particularly the ones that begin to speed up, the ones that suddenly change lanes, the stealth ones, etc. Also of course the background being live performances. I've played a large handful of games in this genre (more than 20... send help lol) so I feel like this description is pretty accurate, going by what the trailer shows and what the Nogi game offers.

Essentially, all games in the genre typically have gacha for getting cards of your favorite idol, team building to score better, rhythm gameplay, and events where you accumulate points toward a prize for limited time. But the similarities tend to end there for most games - they all have their own flavor in each of those aspects. For example, the lanes for the notes, these have 6 lanes, but others have maybe 4 or 5, LL has 9, I've seen others with 8, and then some which change depending on the difficulty. That's just one of many differences. The key thing to note here is that this and the Nogi game seem to have the exact same system in place for nearly every one of these aspects.

edits: typo, clarification

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    tbh, instead of LLSIF, i'd say this game looks more like an utapri shining live "ripoff", just with flick notes instead of slide notes. it's good, though. i'm dead bored of playing llsif and im@s already, haha

13. husna212

husna212 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina
    If they are going to do it nogi way, then it means that not all members for that song will have their oshi-cam, and the only way to get access to it is by winning their card in diamond gacha.

Sent from my SM-J510GN using Tapatalk

14. nagasawakun1104

nagasawakun1104 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Moriya Rena
    Twitter:
    lester_1104
    same gameplay as nogifes? i rarely played rhythm games since otoge's closure and i keep my nogifes for daily login bonus. this could give back my hype if this game is released

15. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    it's obviously not going to be (legally) available outside Japan right

do other Aiia games check your location and block you from playing even if you get the apk in other ways? I downloaded a game that did that recently and I was so @*($&d.

16. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Does it have gacha too? Probably a new way to rob fans. wwwwwwwwwwww

17. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Of course it has gacha. That's how they make money (and keep it free for the broke players). I don't mind the gacha system or freemium in general, let the whales pay for my fun… as long as it doesn't become pay-to-win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

if the video does not show watch the video here

AKB48 press conference for the game

• Like Like x 1
  19. Keetarget

Keetarget Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    The game is also released, you get a SSR+ card of the member you choose as your oshi already leveled to 80 which saves time not having to re-roll like nogifes when it came out

• Like Like x 3
  20. henx

henx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Ara some one have the apk?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1