1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Recommended Tracks for New Comers

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Britney M. Carey, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Hey guys,
    I've just decided to be a N46 fan (previously an AKB48 one).
    Since I'm still new to the group, and don't know much about the girls' music catalog, can you guys introduce some good Nogi songs to me, as well as some other new fans?
    So far, some of my favorite N46 tracks include:
    1. Guruguru Curtain (first Nogi song I've ever listened. I remember discovering Ikotan on AKB's Kokoro no Placard a long time ago, N46's formation to be so-called "AKB48's rival" at the time, and her first N46 single as the center)
    2. Hadashi de Summer (after GC, I thought Ikotan would be another SKE48 Jurina / NMB48 Sayaka, but found out that Ikotan was no longer N46's long-time ace. This was the song that drew more of my attention to Nogi and has since kept me interested in the group's later music)
    3. Sayonara no Imi (the music and lyrics are super fine. I love the storyline of the video as well, and was more convinced about N46 so-called "ojo-sama", "young-lady-like" image that makes them standout from AKB48)
    4. Influencer (the sound screams Spanish / Latin influences to me, and kinda eccentric to 48G / 46G songs I heard previously - stranger than the strangest AKB48 A-side Heart Electric IMO :p The hand movements throughout the video come as a huge surprise for me as well. If only someone could teach me those)
    5. Nigemizu (OK, I know what some of you think - Why this weird, unpopular song? I agree, but don't the video look good? I like one particular scene in which the girls sit in triangular formation, near the final chorus parts. Most of the song sounds weird to me as well, but a few parts (the opening, final chorus and closing, to be exact) have actually been stuck in my head until today :^^;: Still, can I dare to say because of this 'boring' song, I didn't bother checking out the follow-up single Itsuka Dekiru kara Kyou Dekiru?)
    6. Taiyou Knock (I liked it at first. However, gradually it sounds kinda a bland AKB48 track to me :^^;:, although it was centered by my favorite N46 member)
    7. Synchronicity (I didn't like the song at first, especially the "Keep going" part always gives me goosebumps every time I hear it :D - Guess I'm not a fan of high-pitched vocals. Still, the simplicity look of the video yet complex choreography impresses me a lot. I was like "Wow, N46 girls can execute as beautiful dance moves as some AKB48 girls - they don't just stand still and sing boringly :blush:)
    8. Jikochuu de Ikou (what I like most about this song is the fact that its video was filmed in my home country - Vietnam. I didn't realize how beautiful tourist attractions like My Khe Beach, Hoi An City or My Son Temple Complex until I saw it on the video. Oh, seeing Maiyan and other girls wearing ao dai is so amazing! :corr:)
    9. Natsu no Free & Easy (another summer N46 song I discovered along JdI. Wasn't this song made Nanase (already a center) even more famous? I like the contrasting colors in the video, particularly the headphones :p Thankfully I've just got myself a really expensive one, or else I would've gone out there and bought that's similar to those in the video [hehe])
    10. Seifuku no Mannequin (while I was reading about AKB48 High Tension on Stage48, someone wrote that SnM should be made an iconic club song, so I checked it out. Unfortunately, I wasn't convinced until seeing it performed live in Ikotan's graduation concert and N46's 2017 summer concert. I've loved it since then, and currently it's the most played song in my iTunes library - 68 plays (I've just reset everything ;)), compared to my most played AKB48 song - 11-gatsu no Anklet (my oshi's graduation single). I'll try to learn how to dance to SnM someday :^^;:)
    11. Kimi no Na wa Kibou (another song that I fall in love with because of Ikoma's graduation. Don't be surprised, because the first AKB48 songs I discovered are featured in Oshima Yuko's graduation concert too! Seems like another memorable N46 song - kinda on par with AKB48 Yuuhi wo Miteiru ka?. This sounds like a nice good-bye song to sing at graduation concerts, though personally I don't think it can surpass the iconic-ness of AKB48 Sakura no Hanabiratachi)
    12. Nandome no Aozora ka? (when reading through some N46 threads, someone also wrote that this song is at "Kami-level". I later learned that Erika (what a strange Western-sounded name), a talented Nogi girl, centered this song (and so far her first and only time). I watched the video and found it amusing how the socially isolated boy was helped become more friendly and open by the girls, especially the last clothing prank :chuffed: It's still growing on me)
    Can you help me expand this list? I'd be happy to read your suggestions ;)
    P/S: It took me like an hour to list out the songs and write my stories with each. Hopefully, you guys don't get bored reading them :p

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Well, first, welcome to the fandom. I think you'll find Nogizaka46 to be quite agreeable.

You've put up a good list and your write up on each is nice. It's good to get different perspectives from others especially AKB48 fans.

I see you stuck mainly with the title songs from their singles. It's not a bad place to start. When you dive into Nogizaka's discography you're gonna find that they have lots of good songs. I may end up listing them all, so I'll just point out a few for now...

1. Barette -- Not everyone's favorite, but it's mine and if I can get others to start liking it then my job is done. It's Nogi's only song centered by a 2nd Gen, Hori Miona. I think it's a got a great hook and the instrumentation especially the flute is interesting.
    2. Kizuitara Kataomoi -- My second favorite Nogi song and Nishino Nanase's first center. So lovely (both the song and Nanase).
    3. Sukima -- This one is a deep cut from the regular edition of the 13th single. It features a fan favorite unit, Hoka no hoshi kara (another good song) unit. It's another lovely song with Nanase centering. I almost never heard the song until it was on the Nogizaka46SHOW for the Kouhaku special.
    4. Futougou -- Himetan! I still miss her. Watching the MV for this makes me so sad that we will never see that lonely dimple. The song rules too. It's a good example of how the Under member songs are just as good as the title single.
    5. Keisha suru -- Kojizaka46! Koji Haru and Under members? It's something else. You'll find it on their first album
    6. Skydiving -- From their 3rd album. Centered by Maiyan and Nanase. The opening lines really make me happy to be a Nogizaka fan -- the members really sell it. It makes me go kyun!

Any how, I could go on and on. I'll leave the rest up to others to fill in. Nogizaka46 has about 170 songs so we are only scratching the surface...

PS EDIT:
    Nigemizu is my 3rd favorite Nogi song and I believe it is a great one. Thanks for listing it. I think you're responding to that opening EDM hook. It comes on strong at the start after the soothing piano melody, and on the outro it's replayed but in a more subdued volume. If you can find it online check out the Tokyo Dome performance of the song -- Momoko and Yoda will make you squee. The song, IMO, was the highlight of the show.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Since music is a very personal thing, I can't really make a list for every new Nogi fan. The recommendations below are based on your 12 mentioned favorites.
    I see your favorites consists only of A-sides. I don't know if that is a coincidence, or if you haven't check the other songs already.

Maybe you can first check out the other A-sides? Considering your taste, I guess you will dig songs like Girls' Rule, Inochi ha Utsukushii, Ima, Hanashitai dareka ga Iru and Itsuka Dekirukara Kyou Dekiru.

But do not stop there. There are some great Under songs that need to be explored as well. 13nichi no kinyoubi, Unubore Beach, Sono Hito, Buranko, Jiyuu no Kanata, to name a few.

And be sure to check other coupling songs as well. Settei Ondo, Boku ga Ikanakya Dare ga Ikunda?, Rewind Ano Hi, Sanbanme no Kaze, Teitaion no Kiss.

I could go on forever, but yeah, hope this helps you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Here is my list.
    If you want the song that can show you the Nogi's trademark sound and theme:
    - Kimi no Na wa Kibou
    - Nandome no Aozora ka
    - Sayonara no Imi
    - Ima Hanashitai Dareka ga Iru
    And many more. Just listen to their a-side or coupling by senbatsu. Most of them has similar sound and style.

Now, for something different, which most of them are my kami songs, you can try:
    - Inochi wa Utsukushii
    - Wakaregiwa Suki ni naru
    - BURANKO (not Blanco!!!)
    - Fuusen wa Ikiteiru
    - Live kami + Scoutman
    - Korogatta kane wo narase
    - Watabokori
    - Kumo ni nareba ii
    - Poppipappa
    - Sono saki no deguchi
    - Sekai de ichiban kodoku na LOVER
    - Hoka no Hoshi kara
    - Keishasuru (feat: Kojiharu)
    - another ghost

If you want solo song from Nogi's member,
    - anata no tame ni hikitai
    - gomen ne zutto
    - tsuribori
    - teitaion no kiss
    Actually there are more solo songs. But those songs are the best solo song imo.

All of those songs are my favorite and the song that make me fall in love with nogizaka even more. So, maybe they also works for new fans that has similar preference like mine. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    if someone ask me on song recommendation for Nogizaka, first thing i would suggest is to listen to the Under songs, because most of Nogi's best song are Under songs, so maybe listen to the entire Under Album. few of my favorite Under song are Buranko (which is my favorite Nogi song), Unubore Beach, Sono Hito, Senpuuki, Unders, Atarashii Sekaii and Fuusen wa Ikiteiru. but really all Under song are great

other than that, there's actually a lot more, if we're talking about Unit song that the members have there's great songs like Sekkachi na Katatsumuri, Hoka no Hoshi Kara, Igai BREAK, Another ghost, Kakigoori no Kataomoi, Yokubou no Reincarnation, Harukanaru Bhutan, Koumori Yo (this is for you metal fans), Threefold choice, and i can just go on and on and on if you want to.

then there's duet songs that are great like Maa Ii Ka..., Ano Kyoushitsu, Seifuku wo Nuide Sayonara wo, Kodoku Kyoudai, and the most recent Kokoro no Monologue

solo songs there's all of Nishino Nanase's solo song, Ikuchan's Anata no Tameni Hikitai, Nanamin's Naimononedari, and Maiyan's off shore girl.

finally the senbatsu coupling song, Sekai de Ichiban Kodoku na LOVER, Onna wa Hitori ja Nemuranai, Korogatta kane wo Narase!, Nanimo Dekizu ni Soba ni Iru, just to name a few.

not forgetting the A-side of course, Barette, Oide Shampoo!, Kidzuitara Kataomoi, Harujion ga Sakukoro. these are some of my favorite

if you want to, you can read my blog post that i made regarding my favorite Nogizaka46 songs and MV's which you can check out here, here and here. those are some of the more recent list

honestly, i think what new fans should do when just got into Nogizaka is to just binge listen the Nogizaka46 Spotify channel, pick out your favorite songs and made a playlist out of it.
    finally this is a personal tip of mine, watch the Kidzuitara Kataomoi MV, it will make you cry by the end of the video, its so beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    it just hard for me if you ask whats my favorite A-Side , because i love almost all the 21 A-Side itself , probably my least favorite were only Nigemizu , Oide Shampoo , Baretta. it doesnt mean those 3 were bad songs , but probably only not really my taste ? btw , Oide Shampoo in live version was superb , especially with the nakadakanashika chant :hehe:

also for the Coupling tracks , maybe i try to give my faves ?

* Sekai de Ichiban Kodoku na LOVER
    * Sanbanme no Kaze
    * Buranko
    * Unders
    * Kakigori no Kataomoi
    * Ano Kyoshitsu
    * Kokorono Monologue
    * Atarashii Sekai
    * Jyuusan nichi no kinyoubi
    * Watashii no tame ni , Dareka no tame ni
    * Skydive
    * Kikkake
    * Kanashimi no Wasurekata

its still plenty of songs i loved that maybe i missed to put on the list tbh , but for solo songs my faves was :

* Kougousei Kibou
    * Tsuribori
    * Offshore Girl
    * Tsuyogaru Tsubomi

honorable mention for Naimononedari , lot of people very love it but maybe too slow for me ?

last , if you like to watch mv too like me , my point was on Kizuitara Kataomoi , the best mv in 48-46G history for me

among it all , my fave song obviously on my sign : Sayonara no Imi

• Like Like x 1
  7. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    Wow, it looks like we have very similar taste for nogi stuff

• Like Like x 1
  8. kanonBear

kanonBear Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    I find that most Nogi songs take a little while to grow on you. For instance, I didn't really like Nigemizu in the beginning. But I've come to find it to be a very enjoyable listen. Similarly, I probably wasn't the only one that found Scout Man weird when the radio release first came out. But now—especially after understanding its lyrics—it's probably my favorite song from Synchronicity.

Like many others have posted, their best songs tend to be their B-sides. Because the A-sides primarily need to sell the Nogi 'brand' as well as structurally accommodate whatever senbatsu is participating in it, the B-sides are where they are able to be more creative with musical styles, themes, units, and solos.

While I like many of their newer songs, I do have a soft spot for many of their 2014-2015 songs, i.e. Romance no Start, Inochi wa Utsukushii, Gomen ne Zutto..., Mou Sukoshi no Yume, Sakanatachi no LOVE SONG. Going way back, I also really like Ushinaitakunai Kara.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Toffee

Toffee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    Doiya_no_Oshi
    First of all, welcome to Nogi fandom. You seem to have listened quite a lot.
    Now talking about Nogi songs, I recommend:
    1. Shakiism (5th Single): The song itself is cute but what really attracts me is its fictional MV which give me a feel of a live-action short ver about school life. I also like how pretty girls trying to act tough in male character (Ikomachan is really good-looking as a boy, and also Maiyan + Ikuchan).
    2. Watashi Okiru! (10th Single): Ikuchan solo song. I like the color of the MV.
    3. Tachinaori Chuu (11th Single): I like everything about this lovely song, especially its storyline. W-center are Nanamin and Maiyan, such a good combi
    4. Harukanaru Buhtan (14th Single): Well, I don't know what to say.
    5. Maa Ii Ka (19th Single): Such a funny song, even the combination itself is funny. This song features the love-hate relationship between Manatsu and Kuroishi-san.
    6. Against (20th Single): The song for 1st Gen.
    Một lần nữa, chào mừng đồng chí

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    Hurray, new fan! :D Hey I also like Nigemizu and Nandome no aozora ka
    i guess it really depends on personal preference but I'd hope you try listening to some of these
    - Sukima
    - Ano Hi Rewind
    - Watashi, Okiru
    - Inochi no Shinjitsu
    - Jiyuu no Kanata
    - boku ga iru basho
    - Kikkake
    - Otona e no chikamichi
    - Sankaku no akiichi (from the latest release)
    - Shitto no Kenri
    - Igai break
    - Jinsei wo kangaetakunaru
    - Tender days [song from yesteryears hehe]
    - Kumo ni nareba ii
    - Tachi naori chuu
    - Kougousei Kibou
    - Settei Ondo
    - Sora Tobira
    - Kyuushamen
    - and more , I should stop now :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Britney M. Carey

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Thanks! They're also my new favorite too! (though I don't understand Sora Tobira's lyrics much)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Hatsukoi no Hito o Ima demo
    Kuchi yakusoku
    Jiyuu no kanata
    Shakiism
    Muhyoujou

• Like Like x 1
  13. Britney M. Carey

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Itsuka Dekiru Kara You Dekiru has just become my new favorite Nogi track! I love it, especially the instrumental version, which is featured in the 2017 Summer Tour. Both versions are on heavy rotation in my library at the moment

However, I don't feel the same with Inochi wa Utsukushii and Kikkake. Their lyrics might be inspirational and meaningful, but I don't find the music as interesting

Arakajime Katarareru Romance, another song from the Summer Tour, sounds cute and AKB-ish to me :) Too bad that's not the kind of song I look for when listening to Nogizaka :D

• Like Like x 1