1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single NGT48 4th [Sekai no Hito e] (2018/10/03)

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

It is meh because they gave the center to their highest ranking girl.
    A girl who didn't need a center to rank 5th last year anyway.
    So groundbreaking.

I'm not saying she shouldn't be rewarded, but she already was with her center in Sekai wa and her position in AKB senbatsu.
    Is it gonna be the same every year? Because it doesn't look like she's going to fall from her position SSK-wise.

And with two singles per year and over 40 members to promote, focusing on The One that doesn't need it feels a bit... meh.

Anyway, Sekai was amazing, so here's hoping for a great song.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Old Old x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Lucky for Nogi the group's current image has changed from that of Ikoma days, so little harm was made.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Reinya wrote in her mobame today that yesterday's senbatsu announcement didn't come up at all during today's lesson breaks (she didn't specify the members/team the lesson was held for). She thought that perhaps everyone had some happy or sad thoughts regarding the announcement, but that it was understandable that no one took it up.

4. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    ^ That is thoughtful of the members.

5. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
  6. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    One day, Katomina. One day...

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I am afraid they'll use the SSK ranking for the positions as well.
    And since they are not going to put Yukirin in the last row, Katomina is gonna be pushed to the 2nd one:

Riko - Renapon -Tsugumin - Okappa - Mahohon - Noe
    Ayuka - Nishimura - Katomina - Rika - Tano
    Yukirin - Hinatan - Ogiyuka - Miharu - Gatanee
    It's still a fresh enough front line with Miharu and Gatanee there, but ugg.
    When's Yukirin cancelling her kennin? :^^;:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    When the day she grads

9. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    @Trinu That won't stop me from hoping that one day, Katomina will center an A-Side.

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

We'll have to wait for the 5th now (next March or so? ugg).

11. ritto2908

ritto2908 Member

Oshimen:
    Umezawa Minami
    Congrats to Ogiyuka and Honestly it did not surprise me at all. However, Katomina was robbed. Probably she loves her blonde hair than the center spot. :hehe:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    As long as it happens one day, I'm ok with it. Doesn't have to be any time soon. Hence the term, one day.

13. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Miharu and Gatanee ranks above Katomina.... so minamins will have to put in the efforts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I'm sorry but what exactly makes Katomina so tragic to you guys that you're screaming "JUSTICE" and "ROBBED" at the fact she didn't make center for this single? We could say the same for Miharu and Gatanee but I don't see anyone saying the same things about them. It's not like she's being mistreated? We don't even know what the formation will be like yet. It makes it a lot harder for me to feel bad for her when I see comments like that lol. I'm fine with a Ogi center. Would have been fine with anyone at the center to be honest, but Ogiyuka is such a refreshing idol who can pull off multiple concepts, so I don't see how her being center can be give people the feeling of 'meh' lol. If anything i'm even more excited for it because I have no idea what to expect.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

I love how all these people that have a problem with the folks that said that about Katomina, have to use the Miharu and Gatanee excuse when you all know damn well that Miharu and Gatanee were NEVER going to be Centers for this single. It's just getting to the point of laughable now.

and that comment right there is why I can't take you seriously (Since I'm sure you won't have any problem when Rika is still in the front row, but would have a problem when Katomina oshis get upset when she gets put in the 2nd Row again, even after Katomina ranked higher then Rika).

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Come on. I know that you guys liked Katomina and expected her to be the center of this single. But do not look down on other girls and say they would never be the center. They are all working hard, showing good results, and having their own fans. Saying that is DISRESPECTFUL.
    I wanted Katomina to be the center since she has waited for a long time. But I also thought Gatanee deserved it since she showed consistent great results (HS + SSK ranking) + her age (+ the bad treatment from AKB side). And I would be fine if Miharu was the center, given her rank and the success of the ex-KKS members.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Uh where did I disrespect them? All I said was that there were never going to be the centers for this single (which you all know that). The fact that you think I'm actually doing that is just :fp: (Especially when I've said that I want Gatanee in the front Row for this single) and it's now gotten to the point where it's just a damn excuse for a reason why Katomina shouldn't be center.

Yeah Miharu ranked #21 and Gatanee ranked #24 in the SSK, but is Management going to actually treat them like the 3rd and 4th ranked members of NGT48, HELL NO! Even Hinatan won't be treated as the 2nd ranked Member of NGT48 (because it will still be you know who).

and also I'd be okay with Miharu and Gatanee as center of a single, but it's just going to never happen imo (Cause Management will never give them that).

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Why weren't they ever going to get the chance to be center for this single?? Because they weren't the first NGT girl to be pushed? Gatanee has been a consistently popular NGT member with no where close to the amount of push the other top girls have gotten, yet she not only managed to maintain her last year rank and HS sales but she increased it and went straight to Undergirls. Miharu appeared in her first senbatsu since debut and three months later makes it to rank 21 as the third highest NGT girl behind two senbatsu girls who have already been pushed and cemented their place as 48 group stars with their own center singles. When you compare that to Gatanee who essentially took a lot longer to achieve those results than her peers who haven't been pushed nearly as much as her, how can you confidently say Gatanee and Miharu were NEVER going to be centers for this single? Especially knowing that NGT's management seems to take the senbatsu results seriously. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had given Miharu the center position at all because of that reason alone. The idea that "we all know" they wouldn't get a center position is disrespectful to them, and to all the other members of NGT who may achieve the same feat in the future.

And how does me saying we haven't even seen the formation yet make you not able to take my comments seriously? We literally have not seen any formation. At all. Which means the formation can be 1-2-3-so on, 3-5-8, 5-6-7, need I go on? You've already gotten yourself so heated up about something that hasn't even been confirmed, and resorted to putting down girls who you don't like or don't believe deserves the front row position as much as your oshimen. I just wanna know why? I understand you love Katomina and want to see her at the front, but that doesn't mean you need to be so aggressive to anyone who makes any comment disagreeing with your own, or bringing up the other users oshimen as an attempt to prove your point. It's not a good look.

And since you mentioned her, I'll go ahead and say it. Yes Rika is my NGT oshimen, and I'm proud of her for coming out and saying what she did during the SSK, though others might disagree with her actions, that's fine and she and her fans both know that. How you and I treat idols are very different, but I enjoy watching her be an idol, so I support her just as you would Katomina. We ALL know you dislike Rika to the depths of your very core, so I wonder why she becomes the topic of almost every one of your posts? Your ability to bring her up in a topic she hasn't been mentioned in is admirable. While I don't take much of the things she has done recently to heart like a lot of you do here, and I understand that her actions have caused a lot of NGT fans to be unhappy with her. Heck even I'm not so happy with how things are turning out right now. I would-, and i'll put this in bold so you don't misunderstand, I would rather see Rika in 2nd or even 3rd row for this single because she;
    1) did not rank in the top 5 NGT members in the most recent SSK,
    2) doesn't have a lot of fan support right now and having her at 1st row would increase the resentment,
    3) she has too many jobs anyway so being in the back rows would give her more leverage to leave if she needs to without it looking so obvious,
    4) her health isn't at 100% right now and I'd rather she take it easy for a while, rather than push herself in the front row, and
    5) i frankly don't think her actions this year deserve a position in the front row.

So please, don't assume you know me or my thoughts on that topic.

I do however recognize that she is one of 48 members receiving the most push right now, and has her own agency to support that push, so if she does maintain her first row position I wouldn't be surprised. Even though I personally would rather not see her in the first row for the time being, I'll support her if that's where she is placed, no problem. Whether Katomina is 1st or 2nd row doesn't matter to me since she's not one of my favorite members, however I know she can pull it off and very well deserves to be in front row, much like other members, and I can 100% support that if that's the case. I just don't understand why a few of her fans on here are so defensive about it. I know you shouldn't judge a member by their fans, but the easiest way to have fans dislike a certain member (while using a fan community platform) is seeing comments by her fans. Just as Army's have given BTS a bad fandom reputation, or how everyone on this forum remembers that guy whenever we bring up Takajo Aki, don't be that guy.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    Although i have quite the negative feelings towards management too, i have gained quite some hope after seeing the TIF performance. All girls who ranked high got their moments! There was Minamon centering Oogoe Diamond, but Miharu/Gatanee also w-centered a song. They all appeared in the first row, thus i think we can better just think all happy and rainbows 'n' stuff, and hope the same treatment will be done to the single. Everyone will be satisfied. Everything will be alright. Everything will be okay. :) (same goes for that rank-in concert! Minamon had a song, Miharu had a song, Gatanee had a song, no one got left behind or screwed over.)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Maybe in next single thread I should pull a #Mihapyonmustcenter prior to senbatsu announcement. And when it doesn't, I do a rage post so emotionally it makes me looks childish. Double rage if she doesn't make a senbatsu even, which is a real possibility....

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1