1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single MNL48 2nd [Koi Suru Fortune Cookie] (2018.12.01)

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by Shinga Kurukato, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    MNL48 2nd Single - Koi Suru Fortune Cookie (2018/12/01)

Price: ₱250.00

Tracklist Details:
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie - Senbatsu
    2. Iiwake Maybe - Team NIV
    3. First Rabbit - Senbatsu

Senbatsu Members:

Senbatsu line-up announced via MNL48's FB Page

Music Video

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  2. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I don't like it that the kami 7 was not retained but I respect that it really is the prerogative of the management.

Oh well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

That's out 48g works, right? And we always hate it, right? Hopefully they'll at least bother with a proper election on a semi regular basis. Furthermore, the announcement says "soon" but how soon? Do we have any ideas what it might be? Any hints or rumors? Isn't it too late for Halloween, now? Too early for Christmas? What are your guys' thoughts on this? What songs will we see and how soon? The Chinese groups (admittedly not with AKS) rock new singles constantly. MNL48 still has a song on their debut that doesn't have an MV.

What songs have they already performed? What songs do we know they have practiced? What songs would you guys like to see here?

Besides, there's only one Kami7 for me. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    i have some speculations about the selection of the senbatsu for this single
    1. the trial and error who's sell the group
    2. members availability
    3. new fresh visuals as we can see on the first 2 MV's
    4. to build an image of MNL as they rotate some members
    5. having an appeal and charisma ..

for the soon .. they mean it "very soon" or "to be announced" maybe if i going to based their released of their first single MV
    it will be an early december released for the MV and pre-selling of CD's is about near christmas or after..

no rumors as of now except the single's song itself even the song line-up as of now is a question mark ... if they follow JKT48 format in handshake event
    they will performing it all the next singles song line-up ..(*i will gonna wait for November 18 for that) :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Definitely agree with the criteria here.
    And when you think about it, this lineup isn't too different from last single's. Even members that got rotated out got replaced with a member who has similar qualities (Ex: Sayaka --> Kaede for the native Japanese speaker rep, Quincy --> Lei for Variety rep, etc.)

But for the most part, it's management playing around to see what works, and what doesn't. Which, like Unggoy said, is what the rest of 48G does anyway.

Know what that means, guys?
    We did it. We're legit 48G now :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I'm delighted to see my Kami-oshi Jan in the Senbatsu TBH :cute::drool::worthy:

• Like Like x 1
  7. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    No Alice :(

I think they'll release this at the very end of the year or on New Year's day because fortune cookies are supposed to tell you your future right? It would tie in with the New Year's festivities then maybe have Love Trip as the B-side with an MV and copy the original music video's idea since the grand proposals (no matter how young the kids are) tend to go viral for a February MV release.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Fortune cookies in that vein are actually an American (immigrant) created tradition. I'm not completely sure how many Asian countries have adopted the practice of having fortunes in the cookies, though the Philippines is probably the most "Western" of any "Asian" country so I guess I wouldn't be as surprised by it if MNL48 were to do this kind of thing.

That would give us basically three months per single and four singles per year, if we get a consistent period of time between singles and if the second one is around New Year. I see no problem with this time line, and it would also be interesting to see if we were able to get that third single from the debut album as an MV release in the first week of December.

Any other ideas for coupling tracks? Do we expect to continue to have only one release with one A side and two B sides?

9. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Even though it's an American created tradition, it's still seen as a Chinese thing here from what I've observed. I usually see it in malls and their promotions during Chinese/Lunar New Year.

I don't know if we can do 4 singles per year tbh but maybe 3 max and then an album? I have no idea for other coupling tracks since my favorite (Kangaeru Hito) doesn't fit them yet IMO.

In my perfect world the KFC single will have KFC, Love Trip, and So long! To be released on January, February, and March. KFC and Love Trip as I've stated above then So long! for March since the end of March/early April is usually graduation season. I don't think they're gonna use 3 A-sides in one single though.

10. erukruu

erukruu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Exciting as always! Just hoping they'll release songs now in 48 way at least. (like have unders for bside, songs not just for the best (graded) team, (((many many many cd versions, like an "event version" and "online version"))) anddd actually, no pressure, will always hoping for the best mgm and girls! XD)

If given a chance, hope they can perform the song during TV Show's Christmas / New Year's special show!

Also, I'm surprised that Jan made it to the senbatsu!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Cxstridert's mikhail

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    someone do a fanmade trailer for the senbatsu announcement :)
    i hope MNL48 and HHE makes this kind of announcement soon :)

this is another one that i upload in my YT Channel:
    CTTO @ Shinichi Fujiwara

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  12. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Im kinda excited about the coupling song

hopefully its not Hebirotee or IIwakeMaybe because these are A-side singles.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    No Alice :(...

14. angelkinetic

angelkinetic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    No Ash, but there is Faith

I agree with this speculation... but I think we can also speculate that there are girls who were retained from the previous senbatsu... making themselves irreplaceable... making them a part of the real kami.... and I hope its not.... i really hope ash will be part again

• Like Like x 2
  15. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    [hehe]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. satoshiash

satoshiash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Omg I am so happy the students are enthusiastic about this. This is a great promotion especially to these students (who probably just aware of KPOP) that MNL48 is an idol sister group from Japan. I am sooooo excited for this single~ :D

----

And about the lineup, sad to say this is the norm in 48 groups but I am glad to see new faces in the senbatsu~ I love Belle is in it. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Demetria

Demetria Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Is it just me or are they dancing to the Japanese version? :blink:

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. CDXVII

CDXVII Kenkyuusei

The first verse and the pre-chorus sounds like it, but the 2nd part of the first verse sounds different...

They're probably just using this as a filler track to dance to since I'm assuming they're using other footage for the singing parts.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Cxstridert's mikhail

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    MNL48 news update:
    hugis puso fortune cookie MV location
    Quezon memorial Circle (Barangay central, Quezon City)
    Balara High school (balara Filter, Diliman, QC)

one of the costumes for Hugis puso fortune cookie:
    View attachment 206435
    MNl48 Faith clip at the Balara high school MV shoot

• Like Like x 3
  20. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Im i the only one thinking the skirts are to short?