Sasaki Kotoko (Kotoko) / 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by caramujo, May 14, 2013.

1. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    She hasn't watch it yet it seems. Think of how she will reacts once she sees it...
    So this blog took Conjyak and me a long time to finish... So many anime she mentioned that I had to look up to figure out what it is...
    https://conjyak.com/2018/10/08/sasaki-kotoko-66/

2. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    From Fairy Tail wiki.
    The name "Kotoko" is a tribute to one of the singers in the idol group. She is a fan of the Fairy Tail series, writing short comments in her blog that Hiro Mashima had noticed, leading to them eventually meeting in person.

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Kotoko_Inn

• Like Like x 2
  3. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Let’s drink bourbon with Kotoko!

5. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    • Like Like x 3
  6. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    • Like Like x 4
  7. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

These compilation popped out again in my recommendation somehow.
    old topic to bring but still

if the video does not show watch the video here

truly UNDERrated goddess

8. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

She need to learn how to react. Sometime's whe she get shoot her face expresion just like a face palm:^^;:

9. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

why?:D i think her awkwardness is always part of her charm

10. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Because people might think it's boring. Also people whose great on reaction always will be the star on the show. But yeah, her calm and awkwardness also good to watch and somehow it's become funny lol

11. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

forgot to reply :)

yeah in fair way, her odd appeal didnt so work in general eyes is kinda hard to argue

for tendency in the show i agree because they will be more stand out, but not always. It is more like mix of personalities. For example Naachan not that great either - compared to the "variety gang", she does fine with normal reaction- but as introvert she got her own charm +not bad at communication skill. Yoda either(tho' in cant see her yet as introvert) . they still nabbed tons of ppl hearts outside the show. While legit variety material like maaya, seirarin and noujo never strive away from mediocrity.

In other way, Kanji keya is prime example where the anomaly does hit hard imo. they still not good with reaction but what happened so far it:s not really lessening their popularity.

the tricky part is how to nurture/accommodated it as her quirk rather than became something else. It's kinda rare breed to for preference. There glimpse recent moment i remember where bananaman as accommodate-ers turn bit bewildered to tsukomi her -that anime~bourbon stuff- but contrast to that they seems more fancied with ranze after because stuff her talk about catch more of their attention

While She often get semi-push, paired up with ayane but we can see her already left behind as her HS sales seems dropped again :(

12. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Yes, but no. What i mean with star of the show is when you have a good reaction, cameraman will pay more attention you. With that you will caught more attention from the viewers and propably gain more fans from that. Ofc cameraman will give attention for each of the girl, but how if the staff think 'ah it's not interesting' or 'it'll be a boring to aired'? Then they will just cut it out since they have limit on the time. They will just aired what they think it's interesting to watch.

While about Keya, as i don't pay attention to their show, i can't talk much about them. Sure they have popularity, but i think it's just among the fans. Just few of them have popularity in general public, imo. I've watched some of 'funny moments' about Berika on YT, but when i'm watching i think like what funny about this?

Surely we've glad having Bananaman in our side, they always try to accomodate each of unique chara of our girl. But it's also depend on our girls itself, if they can deliver they will catch fans heart. Naachan and Yoda is different case for me. Sure they're quiet but they have girl-you-want-to-protect vibes, it's makes fans love them. While KTK, she's pretty, but imo she's too calm for her ages. Same with Junna. Sometimes it makes people easy to ignoring them because they looks like can do anything by their self.

But well, it's just my opinion tho :D

13. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

well obviously if you hadnt explained i will thought that you refer to/mean it for variety mvp like matsun, ikuchan, ikoma, kaz, manatsu

yes but no ;)
    for speculating that far then i dare say this probability where things also should involved "marketing politic" if that can stand as term idk. For recent example, probably Safe to say iku-chan projected to be big(ger) next year with her new PB and likely centering a single. while ofc credit to herself - variety skill, interesting chara, talent - but you can feel the vibe when everything feel more focused to her recently, just like what happened when they orbiting asuka, for another closer example. its does just lyrical assumption from me, what i want to say in starmaking likely there should be others that should have been figuratively cropped out, at least a little. It's not mean one doesnt deserved it, that's boring talk. What i want to say that other girl probably also has "equal" hilarious reaction at the same time but unfortunately cut out because of the card of priority was not on her. Well how about that tho' :D |totally unrelated|there dozen things we could speculate how and why, like interesting scenes still can be cutted out or unaired|

The other thing i want to say is the standard what make thing interesting for everyone is pure subjective. A book read by thousands people is thousand different books. What i can say there always common traits love by people, but girl that always stuttering when replying is not one of them. Is kotoko has this kafka-esque prose where it bewildered, bore out most of people while in other side it was intriguing appeal for some minority readers? Let's say that's just me exaggerated a lot

*well thought that i became half serious on this. Ofc by common, accepted standard kotoko no near to ikuchan's by reaction, etc. What i want to say is what made interesting cut (or what made the cut interesting) or not is kinda relative issue. The fact that there exist kotoko's cut speak itself

i started through keya last year which paved my way to nogi (grateful for that) and i still following their variety, there members that i still like and admire. So i guess i have some credibility for personal judgement and criticism regard

What i can say In honest way kanji keya right now, variety wise, been dull as it was(reaction, commentary) the unlikely one still make the cut, because most of time that the only things show runner can got. There recent episodes where the show runner invites other tarento to give tips and exercise but the progress is up and down. Often there isnt, thing just the same.
    Well berika still cant talk and very quiet till now, far more worse compared to kotoko. There ofc moments where it became running gags but things seems dried up already.
    What i can say is, whether it fan bias to not criticised their fav girl/group or actually thing is the quirk they like from the members/group

bananaman has big credit to me to liking nogi. It's like, if they also "graduated" soon then i'll just straight-ly follow their led :(

like i said above subtly, "she got her own charm" ;) and i can understand.
    Unfortunately that kind of appeal not really work big with me. Not that i cant related to it. We can say my masculinity or otoko-ness is in question for that. Im more see this as tease-able, friendly looking way

while i dont have any bad impression, junna is one of 2nd gen (and members) that i have no idea or thought about, somehow always missed from my attention, unfortunately. I can agree with that

*for it a little off topic im glad to keep this thread on circulation at least these few days

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  14. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

We could continue on yes, but no forever lol

Imho, at first almost all the girl get the same push (we can arguing about this, but let's pretend to be like this first lol), and it depend on the girl itself like i'm saying before. For example, on the early days they try to push IkuIHoshi trio but it just doesn't work well with Hoshino. While for Ikoma, it's hard to explain because even if she's not so popular among fans, she's received well on public. Then they 'cut' Hoshino from the push theory and make her just become perma-senbatsu. While Asuka is a reversed example against Hoshino case. Iirc, until 10th single she just entered senbatsu 3 times but she can deliver well when get the push and now she's called as Nogi's next ace.
    What i want to say is, even if every girl got the same push or priority it's also depend on the girls, they can deliver or not. But, tbh, i also doesn't really understand what the requirement to make this girl or that girl get the big push. Is it popularity among the fans or in general public.

I kinda agree about your priority theory.

Imo, what makes Kotoko is less popular than Berika is because Kotoko surrounded by people whose great in reaction or comment. Like if Bananaman asking some girl to comment about some topics, ofc the one who will be aired is what the staff think the most interesting. While for me, Kotoko's answer almost always flat. That's why i said she need to learn how to react. We have Manatsu-senpai for sure to teach her lol [hehe]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  15. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

lol got it

i have nothing against this notion of course, as we nodded it too, the ingredients of success are also in the girl hands. up for them if they can/cant cope with challenge.

The tricky part of maintain the fan hype and turn it into loyalty (hs event) is where ikoma had redundant ly been criticised in the past(as her more as mixed bags case, let's leave this for now) . While im not have that the very detail of hoshimina account in the past, she seems more turbulence, less motivated untill got reminder -kind of push- where she dropped to under once if im not mistaken at the time of hori's(and hori:s too suffer the same fate) . Until now she still has that image of not trying/work hard, too spoiled immature lil sis -which somehow just suit her natural cuteness-
    For asuka i believe she was on the "future projection" list. The great thing is she just move smoothly through the momentum in very impressive display. She also easily fill nanamin spot (S to S, stoic to another stoic )

im not quiet sure myself. when thing start from nothing then it safe to assume it was solely mgmt/producer instinct which girl they seen has potential, especially what they consider center material. The main pattern is probably not to give the girl that been hyped or easily has such landslide popularity, maiyan or mizuki-alike an early important role. The rest of these could be complicated and sound like gamble.

But for big push after the group had established fandom i'll guess its safe to assume it was combination of some factors. Mngmt should have those kind of foreseeing data which girls that is seems has current but rising popularity, positive reception, job demand, curiosity and buzz among fan. They(mgmt) should have marked which girl suit for this (and that), what their role, what could be their role in the future, what's not work with them, thing like that. It's never be like, a definitive i believe. There still can be failure but we suppose by the business template(48 group) , experience(learning from previous pattern , decision making, success and mistakes), the rest of it is like, projecting the so called plan and improvise the variables its meet on the way. Thing is, i believe popularity among fandom is on first consideration for certain case while in other case it was both

it:s been a while. have fun theorizing :D

yeah. The overall mindsets will be kind if different. Nogi established their own image with then high standard, while keya went on their own way. The comparison among the same group and its members is inevitable. In simple way, echoing what had been agreed long before, kotoko could has more better start if she was in keya.

When skim the thread before there already notion by the "senpai" users where fandom in general has their own preconceived thought for what type of thing and quality they seek for the idol. The success of the like maiyan and naachan has set up the benchmark. There then the minimum requirement in fan eyes. Essential as it was, seems a girl that cant reply properly (or consistent) when meet "stranger" in couple of seconds usually will not get very positive reception. Seems like an obvious, :')

i think i realized that so far we both -or it'z just me- kinda mixed the term for reaction and let's say, commentaries/communication skill (although we also differentiated it in the same post :D)

Following the posts above, here where girl like naachan(again) does good with her reply or comment that's not spectacular-ly inciting epic tsukomi like variety gang, but she properly build chemistry with none but bananaman as the host, and still get teased. The essence is that one still could pass and acceptable for nogi standard while didnt has that stereotypical, variety-like reaction. It's where
    communication~conversation point is essential.

While not exactly the same, i guess can sort of understand for kotoko's case. I probably inclined on the same side, the certain type of introvert behaviour, in real life. It's not like one (really) shy or cant be talkactive. Kotoko has proven that the opposite, she can. but sometime personally i can understand when its hard to -consistently- follow and connect other flow and rhythm of conversation, when our flow is kinda different, with all these daydream, fantasy, formulating thought etc, circulated in our mind. Occasionally the topic, the point we bring about is not what in uninteresting/mishap when we try to conform with other party flow. Being too considerate, then it could led to that unlikely silent moment, If you know what i mean.
    could we both just uninteresting person. i suppose :D

what kind funny is, kotoko attracted attention, to some extent among her colleagues(same gen) and some first gen senpai . As been remark before, type of face, she was in many girl preferences/want. But problems is, again, communication-wise a bit weak social skill. Not implying she lend toward the social inept, again that will be ridiculous, but from what had been remark before, often the other party whom reach out for her with also she does seems as the type whom has problem in starting or bring conversation intact. it already been remarks often in this thread i believe, her relationship with kana, karin, Matsumura, girl that basically the same geeks type or also has same interest with, while in other way they are on the extrovert side has better reaction and conversation skill. Hypothetically, With some mix of hierarchy-cal relationship, the unmatched interests with manatsu and the lacking ability been mentioned above, well then the (busy) senpai's sympathy to help-encourage her could be just wasted. Here even the aforementioned kana-karin-matsun trio in her current circle :')

*oh well pardon for the long post and such irreparable grammatical error. Just enjoying the weekend ;D

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  16. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

I think i understand you even i don't know how to reply lol

I have mixed feeling not only towards her but also most of 2nd gen. Sometimes i think they're just honest person, they just being themself. But in this 'world' it's not always work well. Sometimes you need to attract people by act kind of different things. Or we can say it 'fishing'. By that, they may gain more fans and lift up their popularity :D

17. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

^I understand it ofc. These kind idol job especially has some general requirements and probably, just show that thing will not work smoothly for certain type of

Because it's not come natural for them, being fisher mean they need that "strong mentality" :) the only work well for fisher ao far is renacchi i believe. From the recent HS sales only karin, kotoko, and bit of junna that still left bellow. among other 2nd gen, Miria, ranze, ayane and renacchi had scored better i believe.

Well im fine for whatever she is right now just be herself. The hidden gem of under :') the feel

18. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Disagree. The answer is their communication skill, not the other members' reaction. Even though Berika show bad reaction and tend to stay quiet on their variety show, she become totally different person at HS. Talkative, kinds, funny, and she can even do fishing. Thus, her fans grow bigger.
    Kotoko was bad at HS since beginning. If you watch NogiKoko 2nd gen SP (ep37 or 38, I forgot), she said on that show that she need 1 year to be able to give response other than "thank you", plus hold her fans hand with both hand.
    So, Kotoko has bad start here. Plus, many members become much better at HS. Moreover, Kotoko is in group of beauties. So, it is difficult for her to stand out among the members from this point of view. On the other hand, there are less members with beauty that can be compared to Berika's. So, she can easily stand out among members, which give her a good start.

However, Kotoko has became much better at HS today. So, I believe when her break is coming, she can become really popular.

And, I don't think she will do better in Keya. There is small and even almost no chance in that group that can show her talent. So, even though she isn't popular in Nogi, she got chances to show her talents, such as when she was invited to Gundam Live show, or Agent Hazap, her show with Ayane, and the latest one, Kemono Friend stageplay. :)

19. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

UNDERrated :')

Well.. like i said above, since i'm not following Keya i can't talk much about them or their members. Idk if Berika become different person in HS, i thought it's just her personality. Quiet.

20. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

these the fact i didnt know much about. But in other way Im always suspected her as extrovert because often behind the scene story she did ridicule thing and does sound she was more conversational with the members.

disagree with this ofc :) . Opinion aside, She will do better probably more like in context of fan reception and popularity, better than her start at 2nd gen. while analogue her time in nogi, she still can improve her hs in keya, on the way. well, for the start she won't be put on under that's for sure.
    Whether It does sound like looking down to what kanji keya right now -which ofc i have no intention for- but by just trying connected the dots