1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Zombie / Zambi [Project]

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Seditious46, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Chanandler

Chanandler Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikuta Erika
    Indeed, that scene was quick, but Miria really impressed me, I watched that part many times! I really like her expressions, that one you posted and also these ones:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Honestly, i think i will enjoying this drama more than Asahinagu or Bemars. I like the creepy and mysterious feeling from it. Ofc they wont scared me enough since we've seen them as a cute girl for a long time :hehe:

The last one also as good as my pic :corr:

Since i'm patient enough to wait the subs, i kinda courius what will happen to Zambi Miria. Will they try to beat her? Or just run from her? Also i have a feeling that their teacher know something about zambi :shifty:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I think the premise of the story is good, and the suspense is well executed which makes it entertaining. But I do have some criticism, particularly the girls reaction/acting is too shallow, they are mostly cold, and when they act scared it's just too unnatural that it's hard to sympathize with them.

4. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Watched four episodes, I won't say members' acting is bad. First, it's an idol drama, in my opinion acting ability shouldn't be of any priority here. If it is, the cast wouldn't be chosen based on member popularity/management push. Second, it's not that they can't act, it's the best they can work with given the script. Yes, for me the biggest flaw of this drama is its half-assed story. At least so far.

First episode is just weak. The girls heard the eerie song in the night, yet the next morning they acted like nothing happened, and even had the audacity to go as far as stealing the shrine's pinwheel (judging you so hard, Manatsu). Kinda cheered when she became the first victim, deserving.
    Second episode, they accelerated the pace of the story by having Asuka and Yoda already figuring out what they are dealing with. Even they understand how to identify those who has fallen to the curse, by taking a photo or later, through reflection. This is where it goes south for me. It's inconsistent and only becomes a plot hole. For example, in the first episode when Manatsu realized for the first time that she has changed (bathroom sink scene with Asuka, in front of mirror), by the reflection reveal Asuka should be able to see Manatsu's distorted face as well, but it didn't happen.
    Third episode focuses on investigating Mizuki. I know it was a red herring right away, because Yoda didn't reveal Mizuki's photo until the last minute! And if Asuka, Miona, and Yoda's characters have a sound logical thinking, they should be able to round up the entire class to take a group photo to identify those who have fallen in the next episode. It's not impossible, considering Miona is the class representative. Not to mention Manatsu is still absent. Quarantine them, notify the teachers, let the adults deal with it, go home for safety.
    Yet in the fourth episode while it still revolves around the trio, they do nothing despite having sufficient info already. They even faced one of the zambi head on (props to Miria, that face is scary), only to be saved by the plot armor they have as the main characters. They knew that the curse can be inflicted through bite attack, thanks to Riria, debunking their previous assumption that it would only involve those who came to Zambi village. But they didn't warn anyone, or at least not using the right method (really, announcing everyone is in danger without at least giving proof? Show them what you've got!). At least they are getting somewhere by realizing the pinwheel star shaped placement forms a seal. But wait. Instead of returning it to where it belongs, Asuka burned it! And how did she even acquire that pinwheel to begin with, did she easily break into Manatsu's room again? I almost laughed when it teleported in the church.
    Speaking of teleportation, almost all zambi characters so far exhibit the ability to do so (Manatsu after her fall, Miria after school bell, Mizuki when she bit Riria). This feat should be very tough to beat. Kinda wish everyone turns into zambi in the end, just so it will be believable within story context.

And so long with the official site character info (I translated it a few pages back). If there will be no character development, at least use what's established there. Miona is the class representative, but she's indecisive. Mizuki is supposed to be the class bully, but she only bullied Miria, and the other girls are indifferent, their relationship with this gang is relatively normal. And Riria, oh poor Riria, being introduced and turned into zambi in the same episode.

That being said, I reserve final judgment until this drama ends. There are plot points that still can be used, like how school bell distracts zambi Miria, the vanishing of Zambi village people, how they will treat the magical pinwheel from this point on. And if the time countdown has any significance, the story pace will go fast starting fifth episode since they only have one day left already.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

For me, i wont judge a drama/movie script with a logical thinking because it'll end just after it's started. Like, why should they come to zambi village? They should just sit and waiting the bus got repaired.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Yeah, I agree. This is a zombie film, I want the characters to be stupid so they can all die a gruesome and bloody death.
    If they were intelligent the plot would be already over. :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    I believe what we are talking about is suspension of disbelief. Loose term on what we may know more as 'turning our brain off in order to enjoy'. Still it has its limits for me, can't turn off everything by not applying any logic whatsoever. Secondary logic, which is believable inside the universe of the story must still be applied.

True, the situation you propose is the most ideal, even more with the hindsight of what happened after that event. But getting out of bus looking for help or at least trying to get reception is also a viable, believable option. The criticism maybe is more about how the teacher irresponsibly sent the students in groups (in my opinion it's better to just send one group with the teacher as the leader while the others wait), but that also worked. As you said, if they just stayed inside the bus they would never get cursed, but the story wouldn't start. The writer needs to start the story by using a believable plot point, which in my opinion is still achieved, through suspension of disbelief. That's why I said nothing about the opening bus scene in my initial post.

Totally agree with the point of wanting all of them to die horribly.
    Which in turn raises another criticism, if we want to be thorough: so far they don't die horribly. The goriest imagery we have is Manatsu's fall, and it's not even that scary. The others just got off-screen bite. I am still hoping it will get good in the next episodes.
    But I don't agree with wanting them to be stupid. For me it will be better if they are smart and still die. Hopeless.

I was just giving a counter opinion on people's criticism on the girls' acting. Granted they are not the best actresses, but from my point of view even award winning actresses would also have a hard time acting in this kind of script. Still, that doesn't mean I am not enjoying it at all.

8. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    You guys should watch more Japan horror films if you think the script of this drama is nonsense.

9. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Idk if i get what you mean or not, but imo most of Japan horror films i've watched have nonsense story. It's make this drama's story, at least for me, still acceptable. It's much better than tv drama's in my country lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. tpt13

tpt13 Member

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I think the fact that this series make you seriously think about its story means it has already succeeded. Let's say for Magisuka or Bemars or Tofu Wrestling, we know that they are just some stupidly over-the-top comedy shows so we kinda just sit back and enjoy them without judging too much. Zambi seems to present itself in a more serious tone, I think that is why we tend to scrutinize it more.

Tbh, I would prefer another high school comedy show for 48G/46S. But anyways, I find Zambi an interesting change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Bingo!

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    They're not gonna win any acting awards.

The last shot of episode 4 with Manatsu on the roof freaks me out. Those type of shots are so, so creepy. Plus the way Ranze (? Minami?) pointed her out makes me think that the next shot is of her on the attack.
    Does anyone want the commercial break cut of the zambi in the mirror to be replaced with Iori's jump scare from her 46 Hour NogiTV talk?

14. Asphyxia

Asphyxia Kenkyuusei

Ranze's acting surprisingly good IMO.

15. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Watching 5th episode without knowing any words lol
    Now i'm curious what will happen with Yoda and Miona. Also what will Asuka do, Yoda and Miona is two first person who belive her :cold:

16. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Good idea but that will make it more hilarious than creepy :D. Still prefer the mirror zambi as a shock factor though :cool:

17. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Episode 5 totally makes my eyes rolled. lol...:rolleyes:
    It's good that things escalate quickly, but the characters are quite laughable. MC Ashu left her friend Yoda with the zombie after Yoda saved her, totally not heroine like. On top of that, she won't open the door for her under stupid excuse that she might have turned into zombie. :fp: Oh cmon Ashu, I hope she redeem herself in the next episode.
    Ranze the gutsy one but kinda stupid too. She just went on looking for zombie in the ceiling without any weapon or torchlight or plan how to run quickly under such circumstances.

18. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    News flash: the mirror zambi is Maichun.

19. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Which episode was that, the most recent one?

20. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

:eek: