1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

So... The case has closed. Can we move on?

• Dislike Dislike x 19
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Read better.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    The question is now "what kind of relationship?"

And from the conversation above, the mgmt already did things to limit private contacts between fans and members

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

This.

5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

The extra security measures were put in at NGT lanes to stop patrons telling the culprit members what they actually thought of them.

Everyone knew this report would probably be a travesty as soon as it was announced but you try to hold out a sliver of hope that AKS would have at least some sense of ethics. So, it's only the victim that's being punished in NGT.

Nishigata and Ayakani (and other members) must have some really juicy secrets if AKS were willing to sacrifice the SSK and publish a sham report to protect them.

And of course there's Imamura, but don't worry about him, he's probably already been employed by one of Akimoto's subsidiary companies or just gotten a pension from AKS or an affiliate in lieu of his salary.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. ethereallimbo

ethereallimbo Kenkyuusei

To me it's clear no member was involved with the assault. But that's not the point. That is not the issue at all.

The problem is that members had inappropriate relationships with fans (which they admitted to in that post I think) which lead to the assault and is in general going against the idea of being an idol in Maho's head. What she's mad about are the inappropriate relationships which fostered circumstances that lead to this assault and are against the "idol rules" to begin with. All she wanted is for the guilty members to be reprimanded in some way and she would have probably been satisfied (remember, she waited a month after Imamura told her he'll make NGT48 a "clean group" again and that he'll "fire those who are behind the bad things".) The way I see it this is the crux of the whole NGT48 situation.

But they kind of brush it aside... It is irrelevant? It's actually the most relevant thing about this issue.
    Also, in the report of the third party committee, although it is not directly related to this case, it is mentioned that the members had a connection with the fans in the private domain, and as our company, it is the private domain The relationship with the fans in is considered inappropriate as an act of giving preference to specific fans.
    However, it is necessary to be held responsible because we have problems with organizational management, and we have not provided appropriate standards and guidance to staff and members in advance. The general disturbance of the customs, including the connection with the fans in the private domain, is irrelevant at this time.

Their excuse is that they haven't given appropriate guidance/standards/rules to the staff and members about inappropriate relationships. That, from now on, they will consider strict disposal if they discover relationships with fans or actions that disturb the group's union in the future. First of all, these are just empty words. You can say this and then when it does happen they could try to cover it up again. They don't have enough trust at this moment to claim that. Second of all, Maho just has to deal with it? A colleague's nonchalant-ness endangered her life. She tolerated it so far because while she disapproved of it, it didn't affect her. Now it did. And she just has to bear with it? From her position how can she trust the management to not do the same thing the next time and just brush it off? Why would you go to a workplace where you know your feelings get disregarded? Her graduation is practically 80% confirmed. Which is sad because she loves NGT48 and idols and her fans.

Asides from the part I mentioned I think this is theoretically a good response. They said they are examining civil legal measures to prevent such cases from happening again, that they are strengthening security, prevent relationships with fans, etc. But like I said they are not in a position where fans will blindly believe their words nor do I feel like they understand what's at the heart of the issue.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Dirkkun

Dirkkun Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 2
  8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Extra security measures were put in at *all* lanes. NGT ones just had more and more obvious security measures.

I think this should be "strict punishment" no? At least that seems to be the most sensible of that word's various meanings in this context.

You're correct that yes, the problem was disregard for and weakening of the love ban within NGT, but, as their statement admits, that came from above. Not just from NGT management but from AKS. The report probably doesn't take it this far, but I'm pretty sure you can trace that ultimately back to Aki-P. And it kind of... made sense at the time? The groups suffered a horrible backlash from Miichan's head shaving "apology"; and Sasshi almost seemed to ascend because of her scandal rather than in spite of it. Yukirin, the offer to let a married Riripon stay in the group, rumours about STU's contract. Clearly the world had moved forward and AKB48 Group needed to modernise with it. Because caving to public pressure never leads to the wrong decision.

The 36 page (well, 34 actual pages) report goes into a lot more detail about the event itself, about what members (none named) actually did or did not do, what kinds of pressures they were under, where management failed and what it needs to fix, etc.

Also, I really don't think they can punish members for love ban violations. Not now, not in this climate. No matter how much management protests they were not involved, any member outed in such a way will immediately be suspected of bullying Maho or being involved with the criminal group, and basically have her life ruined. Unless she actually was, and according to the report none of them were, then such a punishment is vastly more cruel and inhuman than any of them could possibly deserve. Of course without scapegoats all the unjustly suspect members will continue to be harassed, but it won't be as severe as if one was actually fired.

• Dislike x 8
    • Like x 3
    • Disagree x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  9. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Actually I don't know what you guys want. Make the case bigger and ruin more girls lives? I doubt that some guys here are worrying for the girls. You just grab popcorn and watch drama, huh?

• Dislike Dislike x 17
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    That's not true. None of the lanes I went to had any more security than normal. They had a timer and the guy to drag you away at the end. Nothing new.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

and what are you doing, showing up here to comment at the end of act one to say "show's over. let's go home"
    in a thread you haven't even been participating in?

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

I choose silent waiting and don't believe in anything which you guys considered as "proofs" or "truth". Someone should fly to Japan and ask AKS to hire him as a real detective to solve this case instead of agruing here.

What I have seen for 3 months is you guys cyber-bully many girls.

• Dislike x 18
    • Disagree x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Then you weren't paying attention.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Enlighten us then. Name one new bit of extra security that *all* lanes had, as you insist. I was there all day on Sunday and visited 20 different lanes. There was nothing that hasn't been there at every other HS event I've been to.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    • Informative Informative x 5
  16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    More staff, closer observation by the staff present. Tighter restrictions on gimmicks.

• Old Old x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    there's literally been absolutely no cyber bullying of any of the girls on this threard. i thInk you don't care a girl was assaulted and ha responded to poorly at every turn. my bet is you anf everyone else saying "time to move on" sees the girls as less than human and more objects to fulfil some fetish or fantasy

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    That's quite a reach, friend. There absolutely were not more staff IN the lanes. As I said, every single lane I went to had just the timer, the drag-away guy, and the two at the table checking tickets (and a supervisor for every couple lanes to resolve problems). Same as every single event I've ever been to. The staff DID pay closer attention to screens of phones when 2S were being taken, but that's hardly an additional security measure.

I can't speak for gimmicks because I don't dress up, but I still saw the normal amount of goofballs being goofballs. I really do think you're stretching, here. The NGT cameras were clearly additional security. Nothing else was noticeably more secure in any way - and half the point of security at these events is to be as obvious as possible because it's not actually security, just supposed to look like it. Hell, they don't even check half the pockets in my bag every time I go in and out.

• Informative x 13
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  19. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

first of all, people are going to have their opinions on various members involved or not, and whether or not involvement can be proven or not. and second, these girls you speak of would need to be present in this thread and be able to understand what we're saying to even have a chance at feeling "bullied" which is not even close to what has been happening here.

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  20. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase

Without any real punishment, the other girls who want to break the rules will consider that it is a green light from the management and the history will repeat itself. There will be more girls who get into the same situation like Maho, more families will suffer the pain just like Maho's parents, and 48Gs will turn into one big pile of shit.

Oh well, as far as I can see, there are a huge amount of 48G's fans who do not even care about this case, as long as the victim isn't their oshi, just like you, so I guess everything is fine just like the way it is, am I right?

• Agree x 14
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Useful x 1