1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by ひめか, Apr 17, 2019.

1. ひめか

ひめか Kenkyuusei

Alright, this thread is getting some more posts!! Awesome! I'll post some more unpopular opinions.
    • Misa's "scandal" is not all that damaging to Nogi's rep. Like the poster stated above, Ringo's scandal was far worse.
    • Maiyan, as beautiful as she is, is not very interesting. There are so many members who are so much more interesting and attractive (Kiichan, Asuka, Sayuri, etc)
    • Nogi's music has been on the decline. Compared to Keya's music, Nogi just doesn't stack up.
    • Short hair Miona > Long hair Miona
    • Ikoma Rina is the member we didn't deserve. Could she be annoying sometimes, yes, but at least she was interesting compared to Maiyan.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

Thanks. I tried the search and it does return (a lot) more results for Asuka than for Maiyan or Ikuchan.

3. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    - Misa's case shouldn't even be called a scandal, much less comparing it with Ringo.
    - Having said that, Ringo don't deserve to still be hated so much due to her past scandal, it's been years....
    - I used to hate Ringo before her scandal, but getting to like her better after the scandal, mainly due to how she handled it.
    - Maiyan is interesting enough for someone as beautiful as she is, although her look and confidence is her strongest point. She isn't Ringo or Manatsu who specialize more in variety.
    - I don't like Asuka center for summer songs, so I hope this time around she gets a cool song instead.
    - After seeing Zambi, I don't think Asuka is good at acting, among the 3 main protagonists, she is the weakest.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  4. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Heh, feeling like this thread is just a lame excuse to justify the hatred toward certain members.~

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    My only unpopular opinion is that I don't understand why so many people hate Sayuringo? I personally think shes one of the most interesting members in Nogi right now.

Sure she had that scandal but its been years. I feel like people moved on with Miichan's scandal, why cant they do the same for Sayuringo? (i do know not everyone has moved on from miichan's scandal but I feel like its less brought up compared to sayuringo's)

• Agree Agree x 10
  6. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    maybe because Matsumura commited adultery? which is in general frowned upon universally and some would even consider it an unforgivable act.
    While Minegishi's was just your typical "breaking the love-ban rule" and dating another male idol.
    People will probably remember her more for shaving her head to redeem herself which itself most would consider was a pretty ballsy move for an idol

But I do like ringo though, she is witty, good at variety and pretty good at Mc'ing too

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I never liked how artificial she can come across, but I recently grew more fond of her due to her kind of calming down on the eccentricity while still being a genuinely funny person. Don't think she'll ever make my favourites list, though.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I love Ringo though, lol. Just my opinion that her dating scandal was worse than Misa’s. Actually, Misa’s dating is not even scandalous to begin with.

But ofcourse, every person has their own opinions about the matter. I also was disappointed with her that time, especially that the issue came out when Ikuchan just returned from hiatus and just centered for the first time. I thought that it was the moment most Ikuchan’s fans have been waiting for but somehow was ruined because of that scandal. However, I saw Ikuchan not even changing her attitude towards Ringo. They even promoted Karaage sisters unit more which I think helped Ringo regain the cheerful image we all had about her. They really handled that matter so well and eventually I can’t deny anymore that I still enjoy Ringo’s funny and quirky character.

• Like Like x 1
  9. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I can understand if people don't like her chara, I never like her chara too. I generally don't like too much variety chara if it's too exaggerated, neither her nor Manatsu nor Kazumin, even sometimes Ikuchan (although I still think she's funny sometimes). But for people to still hate her due to her scandal many moons ago is just beyond me....

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kazeka

Kazeka Kenkyuusei

-Some fans take the "love ban" waaaay too seriously. Hence why they will dislike an idol that had a scandal years ago or insult a member that is dating after graduation.
    -Anyone that thinks Misa was secretly dating, or other members (specifically every single one of them) are dating secretly, have impure imaginations. They're not desperate. Get your minds out of the gutter.
    -Anyone that thinks someone is graduating because of something extremely minor (saw somewhere off-site that someone thought Asuka was graduating because her recent blog title was short) needs to calm down. Yes, there has been a ton of graduation recently, but don't get worried at every little thing.
    -Trusting 2ch, and by extension 4chan, is stupid. Only trust official sources. Don't blindly trust every rumor, even if the poster is "correct every time". I see it as someone's delusional wishes coincidentally coming true.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. ひめか

ひめか Kenkyuusei

I seriously hope that this isn't an unpopular opinion lol.

• Like Like x 4
  12. hazehazy

hazehazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoda Yuki
    Yoda is very underrated by management and foreign fans.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    - Actually, I never count Naachan as beauty. For me she always on lovely and cute line.

- I dont think Mizuki is modelesque. She is pretty, but I see her like Ayase Haruka. She is be like pretty and gracefull actress on screen, not a model.

- Ume will be best runway model that Nogi ever had. She is complete package as a model. Her expression, unique beauty, and of course her tall figure. She has character. Mature, fierce, and sexy.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    So I am not sure if these are unpopular opinions, and I have definitely seen some of them mentioned here already.

- Ikuchan needs more A-side centres. Asuka is nice and all, but Ikuchan gave me my favourite Nogi A-side and I want more of it.
    - There is a lot of fuss over Manatsu and and I'm not sure why...
    - Kiichan should have been the second gen of choice, followed by Ranran.
    - Kakehashi Sayaka of 4th Gen is going to be big.

15. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    I saw this kind prediction here and there. And it's not a baseless. Fans's interest rate in her growing rapidly. She is not the top 4th gen member yet. But she can be the contender, but it also depend on how management. If they give her opportunity like Yoda or Ume, she can grow further. If not, I'm afraid she will lost momentum to be bigger. We already saw how Sayunyan, Marika, Ranze and Miria.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Thanks for this, I had no idea on the other fan opinions. :)
    I would like for management to give her the opportunity; she reminds me of Kiichan, or Ikuchan, at least visually. She has masses of potential, and I'm glad interest in her is growing. She is my front runner at present. :)

17. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

I think even die-hard fans of Sayuringo should be able to admit that she’s a dirty liar, though I mean that in the best possible way? She kind of said it herself in her last individual PV. Ringo clearly puts up a ‘cute, dumb’ facade for her job. But members and staff have said that in private, she’s actually one of the most intelligent and intellectual girls, who’s thought a lot about her future. I’d like to think she’s happier/healthier now, but it seems evident that Sayuringo’s facade was also a defense mechanism. The modern idol industry in general encourages and normalizes deception, self-image, and privacy issues. Although many Nogi members hated Nogibingo 1, Sayuringo was one of the most affected when she said she developed trust issues after being pie’d in the face, because frankly, she was thinking more like a normal human being and not an entertainment figure at that point. So Sayuringo actually had a more ‘innocent’ nature than others, but she fully embraced her facade as the ‘way to survive’ as an idol.

You can also see that ‘lost’ innocence from her unrealistic ideas about romance (lots of princess imagery; note I’m not saying it’s bad, just idealized) and how clingy she is with affection. In the Koujichuu private fashion episode’s personal style competition, she got slammed by the judges for her ‘time period-inappropriate’ frilly dress. I also thought aesthetically she looked the worst, but if we’re talking expressing personal style, I think she should have won. In the Himura’s lousy birthday episode, Sayuringo gave him a lock of her hair, which everyone thought was psycho, but I thought it was a reference to medieval ladies giving locks of hair to their knights as a keepsake. Now, she could be playing this all straight. But given that we know her private personality is very different, I would think (hope) that she recognizes that the images she offers up are a fabricated ‘escape into fantasy’ for not only fans, but also herself. It’s also in keeping with this theme that Sayuringo’s closest friendship with Maiyan started when Maiyan drove off a guy who was harassing her at the Nogizaka subway station.

Sayuringo is the member I would trust the least in everyday interactions. She’s been caught multiple times on variety lying about small things without batting an eye, so she’s probably gotten used to believing that lying is justified. Plus she’ll lie for fun (hiding wasabi in bento for Bananaman to eat). It’s not simply that she has a facade. Manatsu and Kazumin also clearly ‘fake’ cuteness, but they’re so overwhelmingly good-natured that I’d trust them the most out of Nogizaka. But Sayuringo’s facade, the way she uses it, seems more brittle, more serious? The psychotic way she handled the recent break-up skit with Himura totally fit her personality, albeit exaggerated. And all this is not a comment on her scandal at all. The scandal basically just tells me that Sayuringo was emotionally vulnerable, to have put herself in that situation. She could paradoxically be both the most and least innocent member of Nogizaka. She lies easily because lies hurt her so much.

Anyway, this isn’t really my unpopular opinion, I just wanted to address why she's not everyone's cup of tea. None of this is meant to criticize or bash her, it’s my own honest evaluation of who I believe she is. I like Sayuringo, she adds an interesting tension to the group. Also, the fact that she’s best friends with Maiyan might be the most interesting glimpse into who Maiyan is.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

She's very good at it. I consider her a genius. Just go back to how Sayuringo gundan was formed. That was genius, instant unit. Back then I honestly enjoy watching her in variety.
    I just want to quote this part but I agree with most of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Wow, I don't usually read wall of text but I enjoy reading your thorough analysis of Ringo's character. I think I agree mostly what you said about her, although I'm not sure about 'easily lying in her personal life'. Maybe she would easily hide the truth but lying is a different matter.

20. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Oh, I don’t think she’s lying left and right, it’s probably more when she’s in “idol mode.” I would guess (this is total speculation now) that she’s fine with lying to co-workers or members she doesn’t know as well, but it’s important that she doesn’t lie to anyone she truly trusts like Maiyan. I would think idols in general have to choose their ‘real’ friends carefully, because your private conversations could be leaked on the next variety show, never mind the tabloids (Nogi has gotten better about these kinds of "pranks" though).

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019