1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by ひめか, Apr 17, 2019.

1. tpt13

tpt13 Member

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I want to downvote so many of those posts but it would go against the spirit of this thread. I wish we have a new button with the face of the Dude from The Big Lebowsky and that means “Well, that’s just, like, your opinion, man”.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

haha i hope papa shitara didnae see this :lol:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Yup. I also want to put this one. The choreo is so...man, I can't think of a word to describe it. No good.
    Let me add. I think I already said this before in another thread. I feel very insulted by that Himuko gimmick. I used to like Himura better than Shitara. But after that, damn I never look at him the same way. And it gave me a more negative impression of Influencer.
    I like Hoshino these days. But in the past, that's my exact opinion about her that I wish they keep her UG.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. eashric

eashric Kenkyuusei

Same. i really like Influencer, but don't like the lyrics

Gửi từ IM-A870L của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Also I'm not a fan of W centers (although that's my thought in general, not just for Nogi). Even the supposed godlike combo of Nanase/Maiyan never did much for me.

Someone once mentioned that only Maiyan and Ikuchan pull off swimsuit/lingerie photos in their photobooks, and I agree. Nanase, Asuka, Yoda etc all looked awkward. But oh well, I guess you can't release a photobook without these kind of shots.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    I don't know if this is unpopular or not but nonetheless it has to be said somewhere:
    Zambi is the worst Sakamichi drama to date. Yes, Sakamichi not just Nogi. I don't see any redeeming qualities from any aspect. Not even the good ol' 'it's so bad it's good'.
    To those who only watched Bemars and think it's an abomination, give this one a try, you'll get a new thing to hate on.

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I thought I was the only one thinking that way lol. I really do agree that only Maiyan and Ikuchan were able to pull off the lingerie photos. It actually surprised me (since her first PB) that Ikuchan can be good in those pose. Since we almost always see her having that ojousama image so I thought she would look awkward, but she really did well.
    Speaking of poses, I noticed as well that Ikuchan could also have been one of the Nogi girls who can be an official model because she actually looks good in prints, but I guess she wants to focus more on what she really loves and that is music and acting. And I doubt the management would officialy include her in the list of members who are official models because she already shines in another aspect. It would just add more reason why she might be the best ace Nogi could have because we all know modelling is a big deal now for the members.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    shinuchi mai should just graduate

• Like Like x 5
  9. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    She's needed until Maiyan graduates just for not having her as the oldest lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Kazeka

Kazeka Kenkyuusei

I think anyone who hates Ikoma is making a big deal over nothing. Sure, she centered the first five singles, but that was all in one year. That's a stark contrast to Keyaki who has had the same center for eight singles spanning three years. As for Ikoma herself, I don't mind her, and unless I'm watching the wrong episodes, I don't find her loud and intrusive. Not funny, sure, but definitely not loud.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

In that vein: fans like Nanase so much that they overlook what she doesn't give. She's not a taker by any means though - she's sort of a shy, introverted, genuine type girl. Because of that, members around her give to her, but she doesn't give back the same amount. Probably because she's often too shy to give back, but fans seem to overlook that:

-Case in point is the Manatsu thing. I really agree that Manatsu is the victim and somehow, in that episode during the Nandome No Aozora era (wearing the green uniforms) on Nogidoko when they were talking about Nogizaka and everyone's history, Manatsu didn't come out as the victim and somehow Nanase crying became the victim. I don't think this was Nanase's intention though. Manatsu doesn't like actually coming out as a victim who needs to be consoled anyway - she likes being on the receiving end of fun and joking and enjoys all that variety and comedic attention lol. And Nanase, since she's shy, couldn't do much but cry in that scene. Nanase "received" the gift of people around her consoling her when she was crying but she didn't "give back" enough in that scene to Manatsu.

-The above Nogidoko episode I remember was during Nandome No Aozora era, so that's late 2014 - early 2015. The concert when Nanase did the, "Welcome back, Manatsu" on the big screen seems to be February, 2014 according to my googling. The sembatsu for Kizuitara Kataomoi was aired on Nogidoko in January, 2014. So the story line is that Nanase "welcomed Manatsu back"... after she became center? Well of course, if you were upset that you're back to row 3 in Seifuku No Mannequin but after four singles of resentment you're now in the center position, of course now you can afford to feel generous and nice to people who are below you in the sembatsu ranking lol. Again, I don't blame Nanase too much for this. A lot of it has to do with her being shy, management pushing this story line, and Manatsu being super generous because that's just how Manatsu is. But when I look at it from a bird's eye point of view, it doesn't look good. If Nanase "welcomed Manatsu back" when she was still in a row behind Manatsu or at least in the same row as Manatsu, then the narrative is good. But after Nanase not only went in front of Manatsu but the center position? ... Hmm. (A good example is Hoshino and Miona. Hoshino became under around the time Miona became center, so Hoshino resented that and felt she could never be friends with Miona. But they became really good friends after a few singles when Hoshino was still not back in fukujin, but I think she was back in sembatsu and Miona was sembasu too, but I'm not too sure. I think around Natsu No Free and Easy era.)

-You hear members saying how other members are cute a lot on the shows. Members such as Hoshino and Fukagawa especially are called cute a lot by other members, but Nanase is also a member who's called cute a lot by others. But I can't remember one time when Nanase said out loud that another member was cute. I mean, she probably has, but I just can't remember any moment like that, which considering how much camera time Nanase has since she's always front row, shows she really doesn't "give back" in this department either IMO.

-Management clearly wanted Maiyan to be like Momoko's mentor and Nanase to be like Yoda's mentor. One of those happened. The other didn't lol. Again, it's like she doesn't "give back" as much as other's have given to her in terms of stuff like calling other members "aww, so cute" and little stuff like that.

-But regarding the Manatsu thing, Nanase did redeem herself somewhat in that last single campaign where she rode a bus and different people came on to ride with her. She clearly stated to Manatsu there that they couldn't have made up the way they did if it wasn't for Manastu being such a nice person. I'm just not sure why this came in the 22nd single campaign instead of much earlier lol.

The Recomen radio show (which Miona is a co-MC of) does a "beautiful face" ranking of idols every year. Consistently, among Nogi, Maiyan is No. 1 and Kotoko is No. 2 these few years. So this opinion isn't that unpopular :p.

https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1772813

(Nogi dominating those ranks is probably because Miona is an MC on the show.)

Her variety and talk skill is decent now and continues to get stronger. She's been co-MC of the Rajiraa/Radirer radio show for a year or so. During the Synchronicity single campaign (hiking with Ikoma and some gen 3s?) and during the Jikochuu single campaign (canyoning with Asuka and some gen 3s and Ayane), I feel Hoshino was brought in to basically be the point person for creating a fun variety atmosphere. For me, Ikoma and the gen 3s alone was unwatchable. Ikoma seemed on edge or impatient the whole time and wanted to cattle drive the gen 3s or something. Hoshino being there provided an actual fun feeling to the thing. Similar thing for the Jikochuu thing. If there are no gen 1s around, Asuka's sarcasm and attitude has no boundaries, so Hoshino was there to soften her edge. And in both cases, with Ikoma and Asuka, gen 3s are sometimes legitimately intimidated by them (never mind if the gen 3s are in front row sembatsu, they still respect the hell out of top gen 1 members), or will at least yield to them. (I'm excluding the case of Yoda and Momoko with Asuka here, as that's clearly an exception and those two gen 3s aren't intimidated by Asuka.) In the past, among sembatsu gen 1s, I'd say the top variety members like Sayurin, Kazumin, and Manatsu functioned as this sort of role, the "variety hype member" or "fun atmosphere point person." Hoshino is able to do this now, too.

Sayunyan looks like she got botox. I'm not trying to be funny or call her ugly at all. I literally think she looks like she got botox some time between Influencer and Synchronicity. This in itself doesn't bother me - I don't mind people getting cosmetic surgery at all. If the CEO of Nogizaka LLC came up to me and told me that all Nogis have had cosmetic surgery done, I'd shrug and continue being a fan of Nogi, no effect. And maybe actually Sayunyan didn't get botox. But then something about her makes it look like she got botox, then. And the question is why in the hell would she do that... because she looked fine and better before.

:lol:

On one hand, yeah, it doesn't add to the artistry of the song. But on the other hand, the comedy value and PR value IMO was off the charts. So I actually believe it was one of the best things that Nogi and Bananaman have done together. It's not high brow comedy, not at all, but it was still an amazing collab IMO.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Maybe if they did bikini shoots in the regular gravure mags they'd be more used to it, instead of the boring ass shit they clog up the mags with currently (that's a pretty unpopular opinion around here)

The thing is, Ikoma was(is) ugly and a bad performer whereas even though I'm not a fan of her I can say that Techi is reasonably pretty and a helluva dancer

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Remylittlechef

Remylittlechef Kenkyuusei

I clearly stated above in what way that 3rd gen Nogi is less better than 2nd Hinata. But you immediately replied it with their looks comparasion.

I don't really want to spark fire with another group in this thread actually, since I am a fan of Nogi's style, Keyaki's performance, and Hinata's atmosphere. Since it's just unpopular opinion so I just throw it here.

But yeah, as Idol nowadays looks / visual come first so that become a common things. Many girls that have been in group for one - two year and their visual could change so much in good way, compared between when the time they took the audition. Could say the same for Sakamichi Joint Audition when they say all high visual girls that accepted should go to Nogi when the other go to Keyaki (I hate that opinion actually). Well, finally both group got equal amount of pretty girls so no one complain (I think?).

But visual alone is not enough to survive in idol world, what they also need is talent, the one that make them stand out among others, make people recognize the characteristics of them.

What I realize from keyaki is that dance skill matter so much when it come to group performance, to make it beautiful unison movement so that front row member have to expertise their part, which caught on audience's sight the most. Which I think still lack on some Nogi's members that until I found it ruins the good performance of others.

Then singing skill also needed if you popular enough to get solo song. What a pity, if you have to lipsync on your own solo performance, that's not what the fans deserve to watch at all.

Beside that, talking skill now become essential part of idol from the variety show and MC part during Live performance. The way you talk reflect so much to your personality, and what you're talking about is what you're thinking that time. Every fans always love to see their idol talk in front of them, but the time you don't have any clear thought about what you're going to speak and end up says nothing it could be disappointing them, and you lose the opportunity to shine.

14. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I can't stand Bemars but Zambi is okay for me. As much as I had many things to complain about Zambi, I still waited every week to watch it. I guess I was just curious how it ends and the ending did not disappoint to be honest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    You know, when I first heard that song I thought they were singing Influenza.

I think I like it better that way.

16. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

Bemars is silly af, but for me the audio/visual commentary made it enjoyable (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd-HSCmUcUgJQpOyyI9t-Yg). (Doubt these will get English subs, but idk.) But Zambi makes Bemars look like an Emmy Award-winning show :lol:. I still watched all of Zambi though because it looked like management put a lot of work, time, and money into it. The only episode I can praise is episode 8 where Maichun was the MVP. Her acting seemed to be a level above all the others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Maybe, who knows. Some people don't have that innate sexiness so more practice, if that's what you want to call it, would help. At the same time, there are some AKB girls who regularly do gravure and I still don't think they pull it off so who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  18. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Oh I don't think they put a lot of effort except maybe the zambi make-up and extras. Everything seems to be just taken in one or two take, the script was not given much thought and the editing is so bad. But yeah I don't know I still kinda enjoy it, it's my genre I guess, I like zombie/apocalypse/mystery drama.

19. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Wow. So long. But I love everything. Word for word. Totally agree with you.
    Pampered. They pampered her too much. But you're right it's not Nanase's intention that things turned out that way. They went with that 'lame' storyline because it will sell. That's what I don't like about it.
    I felt sad when Nanase graduated. I really did. But more than that I'm relieved. I just felt there's always a reason to make her center. Gonna stop here. I'm not gonna repeat what's already explained by previous posts.
    Nope. Kotoko is way more beautiful than Maiyan. Past and present members, 1st to 4th gen. Kotoko no.1 . . .:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. silver247

silver247 Kenkyuusei

Totally agree with every single word. LOL

Girls Rule without Maiyan is not Girls Rule. IMO other center is lack of power when they perform it (especially in concert)

And this is my opinions
    • Ikoma's face is easy to remember compared to other members. I believe that is the one reason that management push her in early era.
    • In term of beauty I think Maiyan=Nanamin(long hair version) even now.
    • Am I the only one that think nogichuu nowadays is some kind of boring? They always make members play the game and see their reaction. I really like talk segments in early nogichuu (include nogidoko) because we can see members personality which made us understand them.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1