1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by aakun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I understand where you're coming from but this will require a looooooot of work. Every single member's page will have to be created again because it's not possible to edit the title (as the title is also the link), and every single page containing a member's name will have to be edited (e.g. a random song page that lists which members participated in the song).

If more people are in favour of adding their nicknames, it's a project I will undertake but please understand that it would require a lot of time. I would also be inclined to write it as (using Music as the example) "Praewa Suthamphong (Music)" or "Praewa 'Music' Suthamphong" simply because we have an English speaking wiki and non-Thai natives that are not very familiar with either Thai culture (such as myself) or BNK48 would be led to assume that her full real name is Music Praewa Suthamphong, and not that Music is her nickname. I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, I'd really like to hear some input from other editors or readers before starting this.

2. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Yes, you're still able to find some members from Google search if you type their names in, but this is usually for the popular members only (e.g. Music, Noey, etc.), but for some other members like Fond or Deenee, typing 'Deenee BNK48' on Google will not link you to their Wiki48 page.

Additionally, there are also users who browse the member lists to learn their names and familiarise themselves with the members. Seeing that the list currently only uses full names, but BNK48 only professionally goes by their nicknames, it's not very helpful in that sense.

I think your second suggestion would work best in this case.

Thanks for considering to undertake the project, but please don't worry about that.
    If there's no problem with it in principle then I'd be more than happy to do it myself (I understand it's a lot of work and wouldn't expect you to do it).
    I'll send you a PM.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Arigatou means Thank You

Arigatou means Thank You Kenkyuusei

Can a redirect page be found/detected on Google ? If it can be found/detected, just create a redirect page with that format. Try this first before attempting the 2nd method, I wish the Wiki48 members won't get disturbed with this. ;)

4. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I know that the page http://www.stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Tano_Yuka exists, but it is a redirect page to Tano Yuuka (double u). As you can see in the screenshot below, the title of the page says Tano Yuuka but the link says Yuka.

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 10.39.36.jpg

And when you click the link, this happens

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 10.40.33.png

So, I'm not sure how to answer your question. Google is able to detect redirect pages as in the case of Tano Yuka's page, but when you click the link, obviously you'll be redirected right away. Either way, changing the members' names will require a redirect page in any case because it is probably impossible to find all pages that link to a BNK member

Completely different question, but how should we go about the NGT case? Team NIII and Team G were disbanded, and they're back to Gen 1, Gen 2 and Draftees.

5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Why is was it Tano Yuuka instead of Tano Yuka :|

Please don't do this. There's a down arrow next to View | Edit | View History, if you mouse over that the option to Move the page along with all its history will appear, and using this also automatically leaves a redirect in place of the old page. Do not move them manually.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Not a big deal, but couldn't the mobile version (like in Wikipedia) be implemented for Wiki48? With the current version it's usually hard to match the text within the screen and a good size of the letters by zooming.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    The new page (the one that has all the information on it) is uu. It's because of a discussion that happened months ago about differentiating between members that have long vowels or short vowels in their names. The 'Yuka' is pronounced differently in Tano Yuka and Ogino Yuka, so it was decided that the name would be changed.

8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I don't think it's possible to upgrade the wiki software...

No...? It was changed before any discussion happened, and that's not what the discussion concluded (in so far as it concluded anything).

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Well then enlighten me why it was changed because I wasn't the one who did it. I didn't even have a wiki account at the time. Matter of fact is that the Yuka page redirects to Yuuka.

10. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Go back to June and September (search for macron in this thread) to see a discussion. Here is wlerin from back then

"Yu(u)ko is probably a bad example though, there isn't a true Yuko on Wiki48, and every Yuko I'm aware of even outside of the 48 sphere is actually ゆうこ. A better example is Yuuri vs. Yuri, and there is where I would look to the official profiles."

I was suggesting the use of the macron back in June 2017, but my argument didn't carry the day.

11. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Another editor changed it without any discussion. His reason for doing so was to match the official profiles, kind of like I suggest doing above ^ but I only caved to that later on because a third person was going through and adding invalid u's to every member name even when the official profiles didn't have it. The extra u isn't correct Hepburn or Nihonshiki, and creates confusion between long u and when it's two separate syllables (e.g. Inoue), and imho should only be added, if ever, when there's evidence that the member herself romanises her name that way either on her official profile or (consistently) on her social media.

In Tano Yuka's case, her official profiles use Yuuka:
    https://centralltd.co.jp/talent/yuukatano/

But all her personal accounts use Yuka:
    https://twitter.com/tanoyuka_0307
    https://www.instagram.com/tanoyuka_official/ 田野優花/TanoYuka
    https://ameblo.jp/tanoyuka-official/

In my experience, the spelling without the extra u is vastly more common in English sources, to the point that Google thinks Yuuka is a typo. There are some members that consistently express the u (or the i) when spelling their name out in Latin characters. e.g. Ota Yuuri, Fujie Reina. For all others, in my opinion, it should be omitted and any disambiguation necessary can be found in the info table.

(Oh, and ou is always wrong because it suggests a pronounciation like bow.)

Well, it did. [hehe] You used this as an example to show how redirects worked, I used it as an example of how the Move button works :p

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  12. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    what's with ske' wiki page?

13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    What do you mean? It looks normal to me

14. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    It's either a virus from my pc or someone edited the page lol

Attached Files:

• 15.png
      15.png
      File size:
      123.9 KB
      Views:
  15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Maybe something wrong with your pc? It looks like this for me

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 14.40.34.jpg

The page hasn't been edited in about a month according to the history

16. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    @bonjourmarlene
    Yeah, problem fixed- it was my computer, sorry about that.

17. Arigatou means Thank You

Arigatou means Thank You Kenkyuusei

A big no. I don't agree for this. The PC version of Wikimedia is better and has enough navigation. I recommend you to open Wiki48 with Opera Mini High/Extreme Data Saving, it has enough appearance and navigation rather than OpMin with no Data Saving, UC Browser either with or without Data Saving, etc.

Oh yeah, should we create another member infobox for members who have secondary and tertiary name ? Some of JKT48 member has Chinese name, one of them is Ayen.

18. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    ^ You didn't get my point. I'm not suggesting to change one version for another, but to have both-- which is pretty normal nowadays. And you still could access either version on settings of the browser, for example.

19. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Miyazaki Miho's profile pic wasn't updated in the wiki. Neither in the member overview nor in her article.

20. Kudostar

Kudostar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    seconded this, you can always create both of mobile and desktop interface nowadays. It's not a new thing to do since I've been worked with website developer to create both web and mobile interface for s*nsodyne in my country. You can easily change the appearance by using desktop site button on chrome. Marketing wise, providing both interface is a good value for the website.

• Like Like x 1