1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Rate the last film you watched

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jul 6, 2007.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Alice in wonderland by Tim Burton.
    3/10
    It is a pre ordered movie, Burton probably did not have many say on it and it shows.

A let down and boring atempt at revivivg Lewis Carol's book.
    It looks like Burton but it doesn't have the taste.
    From the start till the end I waited that moment where Burton would switch it to the horrifying stuff he likes so much, but nothing happens, à part maybe that scène where Alice walks on some dead heads but even this isn't scary at all.
    The characters have no relief. The supposed crazy ones aren't that mad. And the bad dudes are more laughable than anything else.
    The Queen of heart is a sad clown, just to point how badly characterised she is, in the Disney anime she is more cruel and scarier.

Big disapointmenr.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  2. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Holmes & Watson. At first I thought it was awful but it got a bit better later. However, I can't say it's a great film. 5/10

3. karles48

Captain Marvel. New heroes, new worlds, new plots...and some things that finally fit into place. I liked it. 8.5/10

4. karles48

The kid who would be king. Yes, in a way it reminded me of The Goonies ... but this wasn't a Spielberg film. I enjoyed it, but there some holes in the plot and the final part could have been far more believable. 7/10

5. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Endgame 4.95/5

Excellent but Bohemian Rhapsody remains the only 5/5 film for me

6. karles48

It seems that Rami Malek will be the bad guy in the next James Bond film. I hope he's got more charisma than the last villains of the saga...

7. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Rami Malek is specialized to potray a Middle Easterner or a man of Middle Eastern ancestry as his parents are Egyptians. Seems new James Bond film is set somewhere in Middle East, maybe Iraq.

8. karles48

Endgame. It's breathtaking. However, the 'device that allows you to do anything, but only if the plot wants it' thing always annoys me, so I won't give it a 10/10, but a 9.5/10

9. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Was googling around the internet this morning and found one of my all-time favorite films in full on You Tube. I decided to watch it since I hadn't seen it in a while...

The Endless Summer (1964) 10/10

mw1.jpg

Trailer

if the video does not show watch the video here

Legendary surf documentary by famous California filmmaker Bruce Brown follows two California surfers as they follow the Summer season across the world searching for surf spots throughout Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific. It is beautifully filmed, with an amazing 60's surf soundtrack. I could watch this film a thousand times and never get bored. It is probably my all-time favorite documentary film. That and...

Crumb (1994) 10/10

mw2.jpg

This film documents the life of counter-culture cartoonist Robert Crumb. If you aren't familiar with his name, you have surely seen his work, some of his most famous comics are Fritz the Cat, Mr. Natural, and the "Keep on Truckin'" cartoon. He also drew many famous album covers and concert posters in the 60's. But the most amazing part of this documentary is not necessarily his work, but the incredible dysfunction of his family, in particular his brothers and mother who all appear in the film. Crumb's outlook on life is so odd and interesting, and seeing how he grew up sheds a lot of light on his eccentricity, which by comparison of the rest of his family, is not so eccentric after all.

Trailer...

if the video does not show watch the video here

10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    The Lion king remake.

For reference, I am old enough to have watched the anime in theater 25 years ago, so comparing is more or less inevitable.

I was curious at first to see how this "realistic" rendering would lead and it's not disapointing, very impressive indeed.
    The movie starts very well, and wow !! the feelings I had back then came back quickly. Disney's magic doesn't fail, especially when the songs are there.
    But
    A little after, things weren't going as well.
    The technical design is one things but it also showed it's limits with the characters lack of expressions and emotions making it tougher to be involved in them, thing that the anilme did flawlessly IMO.
    Muphasa and Scar were different enough in there stature to immediatly recognise them (strong and fit lion Vs skinny and apathetic lion) It was another story with young Simba and Nala who are way too similar.
    More or less the same criticism with all the hyenas who are not enough different from one to another, so the rendering doesn't emphasys enough their personalities.
    The director was also shyer with the violence, Scar's song didn't leave an as strong impact as back then.

Fortunatly the movie kept it's essence and despite these flaws it's really enjoyable.
    So a little disapointment.
    17/20

11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Cats
    There is only one real cats: the stage play.
    By any mean don't make the mistake i did and avoid this movie at any cost.

Nothing can save this movie from being a disaster.
    The songs, the original stage play are not suited for the adaptation that has been done.
    The acting is very bad overall. The CGI are horribles, the cameras never focus on the choregraphies, there's no scenario. It's boring.
    And last outrage the actress who portrays Grizabella can not sing "Memory" properly. :tongue:

1/20 (because the singing is on key and that's the only quality)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  12. karles48

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. I'm sorry... It's true that the film has got good things, but the script is SOOOOOO awful, terrible and full of nonsense that I must rate it with 0/10 :fp:

13. Zeletra

Zeletra Kenkyuusei

Marriage Story
    Wow, this film really turned me all different sides. I watched it on Valentines day with my boyfriend and well it was an interesting choice. I go into films without knowing anything so it surely knocked me in ways I didnt expect. The acting was amazing and it gave sides to a divorce you really don't normally see, like a good father who wants custody. It made me a bit emotional but i'd rate it 8.5/10

14. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

FLU (Korean Film)

This film is pretty bleak given the actual pandemic we are having. It was made back when H1N1 was scary. I do like the message the film gave. The acting is enough. The main actor guy is hot. The beginning is pretty boring...Not saying a movie about an outbreak should be always like Resident Evil Raccoon City but I guess I came with expectations. Things picked up later. If you have a good sense of humor this movie will be enjoyable. If you one of those panic buyer people then this film will only make you more anxious. The film is fictional, not based on a true story, they said it like 3 times.

Anyway go watch it, since everyone is staying home and it's free on Amazon Prime lol. Its worth a watch.

15. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Midnight in Paris (2011) - 7/10

Dang owen wilson nailed himself technically as woody allen.

The best absurd moment:
    Man Ray : A man in love with a woman from a different era. I see a photograph!
    Luis Buñuel : I see a film!
    Gil : I see insurmountable problem!
    Salvador Dalí : I see rhinoceros!

16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Spielberg's West Side Story

Spielberg is a magician, a genius, and once again he made it ! :cute:
    The movie is absolutly amazing, from the dance scenes (damn that precise choregraphy in the gymnasium), the real singing and the acting.
    The movie captured me from it's start to it's finish, the complete opposite of Cats last year.
    A Masterpiece.

You may wonder why Spielberg did this remake ?
    Because he can !! that's all.

200/20 (and there's no typo :awesome:)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  17. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Jujutsu Kaisen 0

8.9/10

Pretty crowded though weekday
    Most audiences are girls, they must be looking for Gojo ;)

In Japan, this movie was more grossing than Spiderman No Way Home

Here in Indonesia, it became 2nd most popular movie this month, just behind the Batman