1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Demanding from management not to hold another eviction election, and not to get NEW members from their talent handlers as replacements in the event someone graduates but instead invite back from the evicted members is not going to destroy the group.

Being quiet and just letting management do as it please might even be more harmful to the girls.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    To be clear, I never said to be quiet. lol

Go engage in a discussion with Kuro P, he is always around during events. Or maybe make it formal by arranging a meeting in his office with some fanclub heads. I dunno what floats your boat. Just saying if you will start a revolution by boycotting, etc., the direct hit will be the girls, not the management.

Revolution is not always the first option, you guys.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Management can see the comments. They are not oblivious to the sentiments of the fans. They saw how angry the fans were with the challenger twist last year. They came up with a compromise.

Yet, they haven't learned from the fans. They call for a 2nd gen audition then say some months later that only 48 can stay. So why call fora 2nd gen again?

Management needs to be taught to listen more.

A planned boycott, maybe for one event or a temporary one, like not buying the next single on the 1st week, would make management listen more and take the fans seriously.

Money talks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Asuka Loves Walls

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    As you already said, they are already seeing the comments, so they know all about our issues. But you on the other hand, do you know their issues? You probably know it. Me? I don't know. They must have self-preserving reasons for it.

But okay, you go on with that. Good luck. We have the same aim anyway.

Just a friendly comment though... don't you think it's kind of a half-ass boycotting? lol. 1 event, 1 week, and you think the management will take you seriously? *shrug*

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Oh I would prefer an actual boycott but convincing most fans to do so would be difficult. Heck, a one week boycott proposal already got people commenting on how it would hurt the girls.

So maybe just a nudge to the management that the week boycott of the 4th can be push into an all out one for the 5th single if they still won't compromise a little.

6. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    God damnit you guys... Is this a 48 Forum or a Business Ethics class?

----

Tmrw will be very interesting, I will keep you posted on the Fan Clubs and Twitter for any developments.

Anyone here going to Movie Stars tmrw?

7. noeuljjang

noeuljjang Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    I finally watched the GE. My heart still hurts for Ella, and seeing the girls hugging so tightly to their friends was so heartbreaking.
    When the 2nd generation girl made it on kami7, you can listen to the disappoint of the fans.
    I'm happy for Cole, and for Yzabel. But the way hhe handled everything was soulless and heartless.

Edit: TGC senbatsu is happening!!!!!

8. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Well I guess the only way they could prevent this madness again next year is to put GE on hold next year and not recruiting new generation for at least two year. In the meantime they really should work on the theater and if they don't have enough money to properly reuse some JPN48 stage they should create some waiting/temporary stage. They should've focus on theater performance in the first place lol since that's the heart of 48G. Using temporary venue like SKE/JKT/HKT did doesn't sounds so bad isn't it? They could just use 1 stage but all three team performing it on rotation.

9. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Any thoughts about the TGC Senbatsu announcement?

10. noeuljjang

noeuljjang Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Ella for center, or I'm out.

Jk (?)
    But it's better than nothing.

11. Asuka Loves Walls

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    HHE is really trying hard to compromise (the fallen12 in TGC Senbatsu, pseudo-KKS, instant consideration to replace ranked members who will graduate), while fans, like those on twitter, still have their pitchforks up and ready for a witchhunt. I mean, come on.

They are really hard to please, huh?

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    - KuroP has implied before that the GE elimination is a part of a big picture. He said he has several surprises that fans would get excited about. I guess this TGC Senbatsu is the first surprise he is talking about.

- I will bluntly say though that the ‘fallen members’ are really out of MNL48. The TGC Senbatsu is just an opportunity for them to continue their path with HHE. I believe the slot is not automatically given to the fallen members (I assume not also limited to the fallen members) but they also have to undergo audition.

- This announcement kinda calmed raging fans a bit... some even believing that the fallen members are still MNL48 members but will focus on the fashion part so they’re happy about it hahaha (but seriously guys, the management are just trying to pacify you by associating MNL48 to the TGC Senbatsu) lol lol

- I’m not trying to intensify the fire but I just want people to know what really is going on. I dont like fans having high expectations and then getting mad at the management again. The management is partly to blame though because they are so vague about the ‘fallen members’. Now fans are like questioning why there is graduation when the ‘fallen’ are still MNL48 members. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  13. AiBan

AiBan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    May i remind you that if fans will boycott the 4th and 5th single, it will just hurt aly's reign and the budget for the group overall.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Some posts made by the admin of MNL48 Thailand Fanclub (who is also a Thai staff on MNL48 team - although unverified, but the long history of the page as well as the insider information they usually provide would suggest that it's real).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    MoFo, almost forgot Tokyo Girls collection was supposed to exist with MNL48

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Wait, they didn't reveal the vote count?

Like, can they be more obvious about rigging? :XD:

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. onego123

onego123 Member

1. If this is true it explains why TGC isn't open yet when it was supposed to open this month.
    2. TGC modeling was supposed to be one of the prizes from the 1st Election.
    3. I feel like some of you are forgetting that HHE said that the girls that graduate will still have contracts with them.
    4. I also feel like some of you are forgetting that the reason MNL had so many members was to appease fans, and not waist the challengers.
    5. Not sure how I feel about the boycott.
    6. As it stands now I still think this type of Election is a one time thing. If this happens next year I'm definitely done with the group.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Corgi4all

Corgi4all Kenkyuusei

So from what KuroP has said not just this current presscon but also past ones what I get is...

To comply with AKS requirements of having a new generation the removal processes will still be kept and TGC ‘senbatsu’ selection will become a second chance thing for girls not ranked.
    TGC and HHE will be the one choosing so those who get selected will be MNL48 KKS while doing more modeling work-number of members not said but since he said senbatsu Im assuming 16 which is a pretty good number to keep in a KKS pool. And if an official member quits then they choose from these members. Hence why they migt keep the removal process to add to their KKS pool.
    My question about this would be if a KKS didnt rank in next election and is a TGC model would that mean they would have to reaudition to keep their KKS status?

Side note: If KuroP says that many decision come from AKS I do believe him bc why would a small company like HHE go against something that a much larger company like AKS wants. Using AKS name to cover their own to me seems weird bc if AKS found out that would mean big trouble for HHE (they might get removed as official sister group). Its like fighting a large bear without anything to help you with.

The rumor that AKS is using this group to experiment doesnt really seem to farfetch to me also. AKB is declining pretty fast right now especially with NGT so they need something to revitalize the group and increase revenue. Bc with so many members to care and spend for and many of them not really bringing in that much money to the company then(lets face it how many members within akb alone get multiple HS sessions and products get sold out) they would be losing more than gaining. There is also the problem with AKB not really giving exposure to members. It would be low risk on AKS side to experiment a completely new system on a market they dont have much to lose

Even though I say these things theres still parts of what both AKS and HHE are doing especially to the members thats unethical to me

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  20. welp

welp Next Girls

HHE has some stans here it seems.

The TGC compromise was announced after fans held pitchforks against the agency. Who knows if it will come up with the compromise if there is no threat from fans.

And, what is this compromise really? Ex-members are given the chance to audition to be trainees. They are given the opportunity to be demoted employees. How many activities will they be offered as TGC's girls, to walk the runway twice yearly? What will they do in meantime? I mean TGC is not modeling agency. How can it manage the girls' modeling career? And, realistically speaking, how tall are these girls, tall enough to be professional models? It's said trainees could take over opened slots when members grad yet, rumor has it that the agency will cut the number of members to 29. How many opened slots will be available? Oh. And, audition means not every eliminated members will be picked up.

AKS commanded HHE to take this experimental cruelty? Haven't you ever questioned why not other sister groups? Why don't BNK48, SGO48 or even those AKS has bigger control over like Team SH and Team TP take any experiment?

AKS asked HHE to recruit new faces yearly? AKB48, in the beginning, did not recruit new girls yearly. NMB48 has not recruited new girls yearly (but every 2-3 years). STU48 has not recruited additional members. BNK48's member said the group might have not recruited new members if Fortune Cookie were not viral hit.

The Thai ex-staffer of MNL48 posted
    - members line-up might be cut to 29 via election in the future.
    - The agency revoked employment termination and asked staffers to work until the contract expire, to never talk about MNL48 to outsider and halt their SNS activity.

It depends on the info released. I didn't investigate his facebook page but, seemingly, his releases were harmless infos such as, telling minor details of an event, MV dropping date before official announcement.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1