1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    It's not ironic, though. When you have many strong members in a team, the usual problem there is teamwork and chemistry.

This is how team L is beating them so far.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    I rest my case :p

Although, I agree with Asuka that teamwork becomes an issue with so many girls that have Ace/Center potential

Edit: Also why I was ok with a reshuffle after this recent election. Buuuuuut...we'll see what happens lol

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I feel like I’m making up excuses since MII is my favorite team but MII had the most graduations before the eviction. I feel like that’s one of the reasons why they didn’t get the first team song, I’m just speculating though.

Team L definitely has the best teamwork IMO. I think their Titanium performance really shows that. They played up to each other's strengths and showcased everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    You know after awhile... I just realised something...

About the Fallen 12, it really is High Time to evaluate themselves as people and as an entertainer. Being 'Kicked Out because they weren't profitable' from an employee standpoint means that there is something wrong in their ways of attracting fans to pay attention to them.

If I recall, they barely had a presence in Social Media, FB, Twitter and Instagram.

If I were in there shoes I would have suck it up then step it up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    You know after awhile, I realized, had AKB applied the eviction election from the start, we would have lost a lot of talented members and members who are relatively popular to the general public.

Some members are popular with fans though only as ni-oshis. Or some are more appealing to casuals and general public but none the less raise the public's awareness to the group.

Members like Oya, Takeuchi Miyu, Myao, etc would have been lost way before we've seen their contribution to the group.

By all means though, let the fallen 12 reflect and blame themselves for the non-push or relatively less push given to them (compared to the management chosen challengers and Gio-backed members).

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. cykach01

cykach01 Kenkyuusei

Too many aces in the new line up of Team MII (Tatlog, 4/ Kami 7) - looking forward for their performances though. They need to work with their chemistry as a group since almost 6 original members were replaced, and I highly believed they'll be getting a team song finally.

And for NIV, added visuals and I'm excited to see if their chemistry and closeness will be the same. Also, lot of popular members are here too (Abby, Coleen, etc) and of course the new center girl - Aly. Powerful line up still.

And for Team L - well frontliners Sela, Gabb and Ash is still here. This team have proven how strong they are in their performances - let's see if something will change in their teamwork having new and younger members.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Also, all teams now have half-Japs :banana:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Could it be for translating purpose? Like someone here said team L translate Igai ni Mango lyric by themselves

9. Mmmarky

Mmmarky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sunrui
    Twitter:
    MmmarkISS
    For my own wishful thinking, Emz and rowee should of been together on team L I'm scared sheki and Emz diva personas are gonna clash. But ya only all the better former traniees and 2nd gens are on team M. They should of balanced it out

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Well, hope Team M2 will be Golden State Warriors of MNL48. Still cohesive with 4 all-stars.

But for the past 365 days, it has been Team L's year. Two B-sides in the bag.

11. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    I mean, I feel like there were other reasons behind that, but no real argument. Just hoping M2 gets a song eventually lol

12. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    One Team MV > 2 B-sides though.

So Team NIV had it better.

And looking at this year's NIV, seems like they have most of the overpushed management favored members.

13. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Well, now that the management has cut the members to 48, I hope they stop the GE elimination next year. I think the real ranking would have shown if there was no elimination coz people would focus more on their top oshis.

On the other hand, the management might be using the GE elimination as strategy to get more profit coz fans will be forced to vote under ranked members to save them. But if they continue this, there will be negativity every year and we dont know up to when fans can tolerate this drama.

• Like Like x 2
  14. welp

welp Next Girls

There are contextual evidences saying this least likely was AKS's initiation.
    JKT48 only changed its system (Class A, Class B) after its new director's idea. AKS had never made other sister groups changed their systems. Neither any other group has been forced to pick up new girls yearly.

Is it any rational to believe AKS treat MNL48 exceptionally, the only group to face such extreme intervention? What is so special about Philippines for AKS to especially care about? JKT has been dying slowly yet, AKS has made no intervention to revive it and just let it be. Indonesian entertainment industry definitely far more valuable than Filipino ones yet, AKS can be careless.

I don't think so. Usually a group become more stable as more members get popular, when the spotlight is shared by more members. 1 ultimate ace is a much worse condition.

Shockingly, a management student took time to make so wrong comment.

MNL48 is a team meaning members can be significant contributors despite their dull popularities. For example, AKB48 has unpopular funny members such as Hama or Chiyori needed for AKBingo. If HHE only look into popularity, it's no different from a company only focusing on sale/marketing department and neglecting finance and personnel departments. Can the business run well this way?

Were all evicted girls given chances to present themselves to the fullest? Is it right to judge a product have no potential after selling it in an obscure website for months? If it's Honda Hitomi's fault that she was irrelevant in Team 8 for 4 years, why has she been popular after she got some quality screen time in Produce 48?

The point of big number of members is variety. If you run a big chocolate shop, should you just sell various milk chocolates, dark chocolates and almond chocolates 'coz they are most popular types? Or, should you include some peculiar types like champagne chocolates and green tea ones?

Besides, many of popular members are not popular right from the start. Some top 48 members were not popular in their debut years and needed time to find their places/ to fit in.

Neither election is the ultimate tool to gauge popularity. If it's the case, Shiroma Miru, treated as the top member of NMB48, is not very popular as her ranking in election is not very good.

But, can it hire new members without elimination?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    please this statement is wrong... the dying situation of jkt48 is over with the reboost system

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

At this point in time. It would be dumb to hire more people in if the purpose was to ration money. If HHE gets their money back in Greenland than I would welcome a new Team 4 for us Blues.

Your also forgetting that at the moment HHE is at the Red to do several poor planning decisions.

1. They expanded too far too soon and we human beings can only give attention so much.
    2. By Philippine Standards, the CD Discs are quite cheap. Most I know go around twice or 3x that retail price of 250. How the hell can a company that size break even with that?!?! (It's pretty known fact that I have seen WoTa's who will be willing to pay a much higher price for all the other MNL48 Merchandise yet the main essential item for MNL48, the Music CD's is by far one of the cheaper options.
    3. They should have at least waited for the MNL48 Theater to be built around the same year as MNL48 officially formed. It took them a year after and maybe more atm to build the MNL48 Theater.
    4. My own tidbit: they really need to reform the way the do Transactions on their website. Is the Credit Details already enough for ya? Everyone's using Paypal or some other secure Cashier Program for their online purchases and HHE is stuck in the 2000's.

Ethically what Kuro-Pee did wasn't sound. Strategically it was a way to dig out of the Red.

At least he had the decency to give the Fallen 12 a safety net of sorts in the form of TCG.

--------------

So... anyone here from a Fashion Institute or are tailors? When TCG comes out I would love to hear your opinions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Well, assuming the management have cut the members to 48 because of financial reasons then there’s no need to get more members unless someone graduates. They can now start implementing the traditional GE.

18. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    About the price of the CDs, I think it's fairly priced for a CD with only 3 songs (+3 instrumentals if you count that). It's not like the packaging is ground breaking to merit a higher price. I think if they raised the price for a full album it would be more understandable since there would be more songs. Physical albums aren't a thing anymore since most consumers either buy the songs digitally or stream it using Spotify, the last time I heard about a physical album from a local artist is Ben & Ben's album that don't even come with a CD, it comes with a USB.

• Like Like x 2
  19. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Then why not AkI P if he is so keen on experimentation, go Digital?

It would be mighty convenient if I have a digitally generated QR Code for my HS Ticket if I bought the CD's Digitally

20. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Well, I guess you are not aware that one reason AKB sticks to physical CD since one cannot do mass buying through digital downloads. Unless you expect fans to make multiple accounts just to download it again and again.

And they cannot just outright sell handshake tickets since a big part of AKB's selling point is it millions of CDs sold.

Music cards were experimented on before since you can buy lots of it but Oricon stopped counting them thus AKB does not do that anymore I think.

So for the time being, its CDs for 48G.

As for MNL48, I think 250 for 3 songs is just about right. Neither cheap nor expensive. Keep in mind, an AKB single is usually below 1000 pesos and it has a DVD with it and a photocard.

And again, if HHE really needed to cut some of its expenses, having a 2nd gen audition was counter productive (unless some deals with talent handlers were made or what not, then I guess it makes sense).

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3