1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Just send the girls loose on Neutral Grounds and have them play some board games for the lolz

2. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Personal IG Lives > Interactive Live

• Like Like x 1
  3. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

I'm disappointed with this new show. The setup is really not that good. If they want a interactive show. They can just go back to the setup of MNLife.

4. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Again I rest my case to return to a time when MNL played games with one another and laughing themselves to death.

Press F for Bomb-kun and Hammer-sama

5. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I am disappointed with their new shown, im not gonna bother watching any episodes at all. I prefer MNlife or MNlaugh if they want a much cheaper set than Ischool.

6. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    In fairness the last episode with team N4 and Tin was very good. So natural and fun and they all have good chemistry. No awkward silence and they’re able to shift to different topics smoothly. Watching this ep is more tolerable I guess but I still couldnt help skipping some parts. I’m just too impatient, I guess, coz I’m never fond of talkshow concept.

But better have online show than none I think. It can be a training for them with hosting, especially Aly seems to improve a lot since she’s often present in the show.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  7. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

I have hope that they will change somethings on its 2nd week. Hopefully get rid of that green screen and just use an actual set. But I think they are filming this on HHE office so uhm I guess they won't really change it. I just hope they will.

I just really don't know what HHE is thinking. Seems like they are not putting in a plan and a budget on this online show.

On other news, there was a panic yesterday in stan twitter about Sela (and later some of the members) deleting or archiving their IG posts. This sparked (I think) that rumors that something is happening.

8. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Well in Good News the previously mentioned WHO Campaign with MNL48 started:

"What takes your breath away"

An anti smoking campaign

9. welp

welp Next Girls

Which lead to the agency hiring no less member from prior to the election. So, what cost is saved here? If it seriously needed to cut the cost, it should just eliminate some old members without new applicants.

The point of eviction election is to put in some new faces yearly while keeping the same amount of members. And, I discussed if the agency truly needed yearly new faces.

Since there is no any smaller number of members, how will each member get better attention? I believe 48 is too big amount of members to properly make use of every members. BNK48 with about the same size (51 in total) can properly distribute jobs to all members/trainees yet, it can never give every single member/trainee proper spotlight. The number is too big. AKB, SKE, NMB, HKT also face similar condition. Many potential members are wasted. Without Produce 48, the gem that is Shitao Miu would never be discovered. There must be many more hidden gems. In my opinion, manageable size is smaller than 20 unless the group go massively popular. All 12 members of IZ*One are well-recognized only because IZ*One is very popular. Similar cases don't happen to less popular big groups like WJSN or Loona, only 4-5 members of each group are recognizeable outside core fandom.

How many of S48 users believe theater can be a substantial source of income for the group is beyond me.

The CG background is unbearable to me too. If they have to do it cheap, why not just plain white wall? Why is it that good-for-nothing CG to unnecessarily raise the cost?

If they are desperate on budget, they should produce video clips similar to AKB's "off-shot" ones (which likely inspired from K-pop).

It's said the agency forced members to delete the trace of eliminated members so the group would restart fresh.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Does OffShot means MV with combination of BTS clips? Something like Yuuhi Wo Mite iruka/Beginner/Jiwaru Days?

11. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    While I'm not a fan of Interactive Live visually, I can definitely say it works well as a podcast.

Binging through the first seven episodes has gotten me through the first half of my shift anyway lol

12. Musica

Musica Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Fom Amy,
    She admit her mistake & willing to improve herself.
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. welp

welp Next Girls

Basically, it's behind-the-stage clip but J-pop needs to create its own distinct terms.

if the video does not show watch the video here

If they want to keep going with Q&A Live, in my opinion,
    - they should switch to a casual setting, the overall atmosphere should be casual/chilling.
    - the duration (~30 minutes) is alright.
    - they should set a main topic/theme and members should prepare some contents beforehand.
    - the number of members should be 4-7 at a time.
    - the agency should pick members who are kinda close or share the same interest.
    - at least, half of members in each episode should be humorous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    For some reason there’s a surge of new MNL48 fans in Twitter. I don’t know what caused it coz the girls are quite inactive these days apart from the iLive which I’m sure non fans are not really aware about.

15. onego123

onego123 Member

I think I get what they're trying to do with the iLive. It's suppose to be their version of BNK48 Digital Live Studio. If you don't follow BNK, it's a live show on their Facebook page that is streamed from a little "studio" in the EmQuartier Mall. Back when they weren't popular they would stream daily, but now the schedule is kind of all over.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    DfC8l_KUEAAyx6s.jpg 60623247_2159034664145811_3615948952370675712_n.jpg DeQ-hxyUwAA-o_i.jpg DzHvCWJU0AEeCb9.jpg D6XAmYaVUAAcsJi.jpg
    Personally I like it. Right now the set up isn't the best, but neither was BNK's when they initially started doing it. It used to go in and out, and the video quality was terrible back then. Maybe the theater will have a spot for them to stream if the show is going to be permanent.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    There was an influencer on Twitter that made a short dance cover of Pag-ibig Fortune Cookie and it made a hit, I guess that's the reason

17. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Huh. Really?
    I'm curious, which one? Lol

18. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    OIC... I’ve seen that video being shared but I did’nt know her so I just thought she’s a typical fan.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  19. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Mmmarky

Mmmarky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sunrui
    Twitter:
    MmmarkISS
    Quincy was really acting suspicious after the elections from those insta stories n that pic but I think we all know what's up between her and hhe.. but omw Ella :^O^::omfg::omfg: and essel:cute: ( she reminds me a bit of washio renia from e girls and a bit of acchan) really underrated